630PP GT3 Racing Car Super Lap: Suzuka Circuit 2014

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 216 comments
There's a great tune posted in the thread from @Daniel Carmo.

Personally, I prefer his original tune to the new one, but good enough for me to get a mid 47... The rest is talent!!

In any case, unless you're already top 100 I doubt you'd get anywhere with Immortals tune as it would spit you off on every corner.
I agree with your last comment - I've tried using some of the tunes provided by fast drivers before, and found the cars completely undrivable!

Ah ok- I haven't actually used that.... I used the 15th Anni. R8 LMS (R8s are cool)
Next time to figure out the OP car/cars of a seasonal event go to the online rankings (in the game or in your browser, your choice) then go to world rankings, go to the top and look at the top 10 cars.

Apologies for the double post but a person in my thread just notified me of another car which is a great gold tune car. For me personally, This car below has given me the best time out of all the tunes I have tried.

BMW Z4 GT3 '11 (650PP RH)

Reduce PP to meet regs and add RS tyres.

z4gt3img2-jpg.173995
Awesome tune, I got down to a 1:53.974. With a few changes to fit my driving style I did a 1:52.925, but I keep messing up the hair pin turn. I keep losing grip and almost spinning out every time, is there something I am doing wrong?

Edit: Thanks for the tip coryclifford, I tried backing off the throttle and i was able to keep it from going side ways and was able to get a better lap 1:52.080.

Last edited:
Ok so I figured even though running this car makes me want to punch a hole in my screen I decided to just deal with it and try to put more than twenty minutes in at once. I found all sorts of time all over the place. I figured the car out I think. And I improved to a 46.9xx witch puts me in 22nd currently. But I know I have at least a half a second to gain if I string it all together and I till haven't a clue how to approach the chicane. So even more time once I figure that out. This tune is good for a low 46 or 45 in the right hands, judging by my own gains through certain corners.

BMW Z4

70 80
18.75 19.00
4 4
6 6
6 7
0 0
-0.01 0.05

5 6 brakes.

400 555 downforce.

Don't be afraid to use the e brake. It's a must for the hairpin.

And I realize now that I should have kept up with the time trials since my last successful one, if I had, this would all be a lot easier without so much of a learning curve. So the moral of the whole story is keep at it. And don't drive blind. Force yourself to learn exactly why your losing time for each corner, and practice it until you aren't.

@Doodle get back on this one. Me and you got wheels at the same time, after running similarly on the ds3. So you are essentially my target :) Murica can't time trial, let's change that.

P.S. Awesome job with 450pp seasonal. Has an American ever won a TT? Ever?

Last edited:
Went and bought the BMW Z4 and applied @shaunm80 tune and am .161 away from gold. I have rerun this one too many times tonight. Maybe with fresh eyes and no frustration hopefully the gold will be mine tomorrow.
The Z4 is a pretty easy car to get gold in. Keep it steady, don't accelerate too early out of the hair pin and remember to carry as much speed as you can through the long corners.

I believe there no such rule that i gotta share it, there are a lot of people who don't share there tune so why you complaining about TRL if not as many people share it?
I believe only daniel has shared his in the top 20

Of course there is no rule that you should share. It is all up to personal preferences.

Next time to figure out the OP car/cars of a seasonal event go to the online rankings (in the game or in your browser, your choice) then go to world rankings, go to the top and look at the top 10 cars.
I would, but i want to use a car that's different but might do well- also I'm just happy if I get the prize car and money

Okay well before you blame us for not sharing setups think of the other people who don't share it, go ask wolf_aono he won't share it

What part of "I do understand why TRL..." is blaming you that you dont share? it means I do NOT blame you.

There's a great tune posted in the thread from @Daniel Carmo.

Personally, I prefer his original tune to the new one, but good enough for me to get a mid 47... The rest is talent!!

In any case, unless you're already top 100 I doubt you'd get anywhere with Immortals tune as it would spit you off on every corner.
I tried his tune but found it very hard to keep up speed around the corners, even with TC1. I have two other tunes I use and I was going to copy one of them over his so as to make some changes without losing what I already had.
Just before I did so I had a quick look at it again to compare the BB.
Then I noticed it ................. RH tires. Ha ha, switched to RS and found it pretty good.
Also looked at Immortals ghost and it seems his gears are somewhat shorter in the highest ones.
Anyway I'm not complaining, I've been up 8 tenths on my time just to lose it at the final turn.

@Doodle get back on this one. Me and you got wheels at the same time, after running similarly on the ds3. So you are essentially my target :) Murica can't time trial, let's change that.

I'll try tonight. :)

Apart from some person named Abigail who apparently cheated to victory twice, no. Not in GT6.

Quite like this event, despite the RS tyres!

Had another hour on it tonight trying different tunes and ended up with a Frankenstein tune (part @SW__10, part @Daniel Carmo, part me) that got me another 0.4 improvement to end on 47.150 and 30th place.

A 46 is doable, but is probably right on my limit.

Went and bought the BMW Z4 and applied @shaunm80 tune and am .161 away from gold. I have rerun this one too many times tonight. Maybe with fresh eyes and no frustration hopefully the gold will be mine tomorrow.

I have a tune you can try

85/85

14.00/ 14.00
10/10
10/10
7/7
0/0
0/0

Brakes
5/5

Transmission

LSD

Areo
400/580

Ok so I figured even though running this car makes me want to punch a hole in my screen I decided to just deal with it and try to put more than twenty minutes in at once. I found all sorts of time all over the place. I figured the car out I think. And I improved to a 46.9xx witch puts me in 22nd currently. But I know I have at least a half a second to gain if I string it all together and I till haven't a clue how to approach the chicane. So even more time once I figure that out. This tune is good for a low 46 or 45 in the right hands, judging by my own gains through certain corners.

BMW Z4

70 80
18.75 19.00
4 4
6 6
6 7
0 0
-0.01 0.05

5 6 brakes.

400 555 downforce.

Don't be afraid to use the e brake. It's a must for the hairpin.

And I realize now that I should have kept up with the time trials since my last successful one, if I had, this would all be a lot easier without so much of a learning curve. So the moral of the whole story is keep at it. And don't drive blind. Force yourself to learn exactly why your losing time for each corner, and practice it until you aren't.

Nice time. Curious to try your tune tonight. Just wondering what your transmission tune is?

@Daniel Carmo Thank you for posting the tunes 👍. Decided to have another go at this one yesterday after stopping when I got gold the other day and, thanks to your first posted tune (with a couple of tweaks to account for the vast gulf in ability between us and the fact I use a DS3 with x and square), I managed to improve my time by 2.5 seconds, which took me up to 1,331 on the leaderboard at the time. Given I'm usually outside the top 5000, I'm happy with that...may give your revised tune a go to see if it improves things but not sure I can get much more time

My first choice for this was the Nissan GT-R GT3 that I had. For some reason, though, it was driving terribly, right out of the gate. Very twitchy. So I tried @shaunm80's tune for it and that helped somewhat. It would still yaw terribly, especially coming out of the final chicane toward the finish line. The best I could do with it was a bronze time about two 10ths off of silver.

So I decided to try the Audi R8 LMS Ultra that I also have. I didn't have a tune for it handy, so I just messed around with the default settings. Besides, I already knew I liked the way it drove pretty well. I still needed to tweak it a little more (it was understeering a bit too much), but not a lot.

I got gold on my second lap out with it. Then got a 1:56.180 on my fourth lap (1.82 seconds better than gold!).

For what it's worth, here's the setup I was using:

50/55
23.42/26.41
5/5
5/5
3/3
0.0/0.0
-0.08/0.08

Brakes: 5/5

Transmission FD to 5.0, set auto max speed to 124 MPH (lowest), then set the FD to 3.200. (I didn't feel like fiddling with it that much.)

Engine Tuning Stage 3
Low RPM Turbo

Max downforce

Ballast: 86 kg
Ballast position: -50

Better than the Z4 GT3 everyone's using? Probably not. But it worked for me. :)

Had a bit of an improvement since yesterday, took off 8 tenths this arvo and now into the 1:48's.

Now on 1:48.994 for pos #228. Hope to do a bit better yet as I still left some time on the track.

edit.. Noticed I wrote this the other day post #105.
"Anyway I'm not complaining, I've been up 8 tenths on my time just to lose it at the final turn."

Wish I had said I've been up 1.5 sec's instead.

Last edited:
Quite like this event, despite the RS tyres!

Had another hour on it tonight trying different tunes and ended up with a Frankenstein tune (part @SW__10, part @Daniel Carmo, part me) that got me another 0.4 improvement to end on 47.150 and 30th place.

A 46 is doable, but is probably right on my limit.

Hey Stotty

I think the car is holding you back, certainly not talent. I was stuck on 1:53:xxx using the default setting for the Z4 but when I saw that @SW_10 setup I loaded it and knocked off a little over 5 seconds within 5 laps. I'm now at 1:48:579 and now I'm trying to find that setting that will allow a little more speed out of the car. There are those that can drag the car around by the scruff of the neck and then there are those that can take what the car gives. Some leave a whole bunch still in the car. I know I usually do well when we get a frozen setup so my weakness is setting up the cars. It would be cool if everyone had their setup exposed for all to see and try.

Well I've tried a couple of tunes for my Z4, the latest being from @SW__10 ... it's a little looser than what I'm used to, but I can't argue with the results. I'm down to 1:49.309 for 307th (for now, it's always changing) and hoping to squeeze a bit more out of it and maybe get into the high 1:48's.

I won't catch the top guys as I use a DS3 in AT, but I'm pretty happy being where I am with the hopes of improving some more. Having tonnes of fun with this event, the GT3 class of cars are one of my favourites.

Thanks to all that have shared their tunes... I can't tune myself, but with the variety of tunes out there, there's something for every driving style out there (I would imagine). You people are part of what makes the GTP community so great! :bowdown:

Cheers

Theres a guy on a DS3 that ran a 46.5. Don't let that hold you back.

Now I'm off to beat that guy haha.

Damn that's quick... it's not the DS3 that's keeping me from being that fast, it's the Automatic Transmission that I use. If I could make the switch to MT, I'd stand a chance... but thanks for the encouragement!

Cheers

Back