630PP GT3 Racing Car Super Lap: Suzuka Circuit 2014

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 303 comments
I have no idea how people are running such quick times. I spent 45 minutes last night and 30 minutes this morning in the Z4 trying to come to terms with it's handling and the best I could manage was 1:59:050. I find I'm losing a lot through the Dunlop and Degner corners and then through Spoon. I also find that with my LSD settings (10/8/22) it really bogs through the hairpin in 2nd and takes a long time before any acceleration happens. I've played with the LSD settings but anything higher than 10/12/22 causes oversteer at other points in the track. What am I doing wrong here??!

I have no idea how people are running such quick times. I spent 45 minutes last night and 30 minutes this morning in the Z4 trying to come to terms with it's handling and the best I could manage was 1:59:050. I find I'm losing a lot through the Dunlop and Degner corners and then through Spoon. I also find that with my LSD settings (10/8/22) it really bogs through the hairpin in 2nd and takes a long time before any acceleration happens. I've played with the LSD settings but anything higher than 10/12/22 causes oversteer at other points in the track. What am I doing wrong here??!
I PM my tune to you in a few minutes to try if you like.

Do you use only the high turbo and Racing soft tyres? This is strange because one of my first laps I drive a low 1:50. With no good tune.

I think you do something wrong with your tune.

Have you tried @Jeje6410 tune? I found it to be very stable, no wheelspin, good round the hairpin, and got sub-1:50 with it in very few laps.

Do you use only the high turbo and Racing soft tyres? This is strange because one of my first laps I drive a low 1:50. With no good tune.

I think you do something wrong with your tune.
Maybe I'm just a terrible driver? The tune is one I've been using for aaaaaaages and always found it to be pretty good! I did notice I was using RH tyres and couldn't fit RS, so going to double-check on that tonight.

Have you tried @Jeje6410 tune? I found it to be very stable, no wheelspin, good round the hairpin, and got sub-1:50 with it in very few laps.
I haven't used that tune. Will look into it. Thanks!

Repetition . ' Dirty oil ' is advantage and contest is unegual .

1. If change one part of set , must change and other part(s) .
2. It is easy to make track for ' dirty oil ' . Make a cyclic track . ( Eifel flat , 10 km , ... )
3. How is Hp and power % when car have 5000km , 7500km , 10000km , ... ?
I ask because is important proportion kg/Hp . ( prior 500 Laguna L_Shooter_RB26 have only 17444 km ! )
Important and the power % . The board of car with Nm line , Hp line , and rpm change .
Informations of participation with ' dirty oil ' is important .

I dont know mate. But this game are go to a next level. I didn't know before the Laguna TT that grinding was important.

Wow! So I can report back already! The combination of slapping on RS tyres and using a tune given to me from @fordlaser777 I managed to go from 1:59:050 to 1:53:950!! And that was a far from perfect lap, where I had to save myself from running off track at three different sections!! What an improvement! And also probably my best rank yet at 3,600th.

Edit: Improved to 1:52:421 for 1,782nd! Adjusted brake sensitivity and brake balance, and reduced downforce. Loving this!!

Last edited:
It's been that way since last year's same events. You're just now aware of it.

Stupid me :banghead: Im now grinding the BMW :cheers:

Edit: I only play the game 1 year so maybe i missed that one.

This was a big thing in GT5 as well. The only time trial I've finished first at over 3 years ago required a Lamborghini Miura with dirty oil just to get it to 400pp

Soooo long

Attachments

• IMG_20161012_164252.jpg
    IMG_20161012_164252.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 66
Just me, not flaming anyone...

I'd rather be 430th in a car I tuned and raced, than 25th in a car I ground into the ground for weeks to gain those spots against most who don't.

To each his own, I'm usually done with these TT's after 3 or 4 days anyway. Unless I'm close to top 100, but even then I've never wore one out on purpose.

Now I'm assuming people do it for QM garage cars too?

Back