630PP GT3 Racing Car Super Lap: Suzuka Circuit 2014

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 303 comments
Hmm. So if I put 15,000 miles on my car to wear the engine out and magically gain more power, I'll be able to post a time that beats better drivers than me and they wouldn't be able to beat my time without exploiting the same trick?

Man, I'm so glad these time trials have a limited appeal for me.
Yeah I never even look at the top times or cars for tracks because all it is is people using this one godlike car with the mileage glitch to win.

Last edited:
all it is is people using tricks instead of skill to win.
I know that I'm not as fast, but it's also bs that in order to be competitive you need to use glitches, tricks, and this one godlike car.
I dunno why you think people are doing glitches for a good time, and this wearing out the car for power does remove torque where torque normally makes car little quicker but this car got a lot of it so it being remove actually helps which to me is more smart, it's like the same thing changing your setup pretty much so I don't find it a problem

These super fast guys have skill. Don't think they don't. That's not fair. And your post reads like an excuse you tell yourself because you're not as fast.

I wouldn't say anything even when it comes to time trials these days but I still believe it's all driving skill, like look at IMMORTAL, yes he maybe got a advantage but he still be in 1st because of driving skill and I wouldn't even say he's doing it too win, he be doing it too see how quick of the lap time he can get, he wants to go quicker and anyone would wanna fine something to go faster just makes the lap looks better

And I believe if this was a one make time trial where everyone had to use same thing, the results would be pretty much the same, yes some people be faster in the tuning time trials or lose out by it by tune but it won't change the results too much

Last edited:
Yeah I never even look at the top times or cars for tracks because all it is is people using tricks instead of skill to win.

I wasn't totally directing my post at the top drivers as you see the same people vying for the top spots in time trials every month. They're there simply because they're more talented than everyone else. My issue is with them wearing the car's engine and oil down to gain more power in a PP limited TT. Doodle's* post about him putting 6,000km on his Z4 over a 17 hour grinding session and immediately finding 3/10ths is opening Pandora's box for everyone else if they wanted to utilise the same trick.

I'll put it this way, if a top driver can find 3 tenths, which I imagine is huge when you're running close to perfect laps, imagine what the extra power can do for someone lower down the rankings and with a lot more time to find. You could be talking a second or more in gains and that's hardly representative of where they should be.

* I'm not singling anyone out as it seems most of the top drivers are doing it but it's still setting a bad precedent for everyone else.

I think that the wearing down of cars is insane, but as it stands, it's part of the game.

Sure, it puts more casual players at a disadvantage, but it's not like these players would be at the top of the rankings anyways.

I think that the wearing down of cars is insane, but as it stands, it's part of the game.

Sure, it puts more casual players at a disadvantage, but it's not like these players would be at the top of the rankings anyways.

I'm under no illusion that doing what they're doing will put me on an equal footing or anywhere close to them but we've all got our own little time battles going on. Either on our friends list or trying to get in the top 500, 250, 100 etc.

It's making PP limited time trials a farce (for me) and I can only see it getting worse as more and more people look to exploit it.

I've said my piece on it now so I'll leave it alone. Just like my time trials after I get the gold. I've got better things to do than second guessing peoples lap times and how they actually got them.

Have to add this: I couldn't care less when the aliens and top drivers are fighting their battles with their alien-cars. In fact it really doesn't matter for 99,9 % of all participants of the TT's 'cause they're seconds behind the top. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

But... for example: let's take a look at Laguna Seca, where I finished with my non-grinded S2000 at rank #165 (Yeah! :D).
There were about 100 Hybrids in front of me in the rankings, a lot of them beeing within a few tenths.
So for me, as this example shows, it doesn't feel totally right - better said: I have tons of respect for all of you fast guys driving with insane speed, devotion and precision - but that said, I'm really much less impressed of all the grinders at an mediocre level who get an big advantage and finally crash the rankings.
Don't get me wrong - anybody could do the trick - but it's clear that that's not the way it's meant to be... Note: But I'm very happy with my best ranking ever as I'm not a good driver by the standards of most of you... ;)

I'm always proud of every grinded car I can left behind me with a non-grinded version as I usually don't spend much time for the TT's and I don't drive for the rankings at all - so all this stuff doesn't affect me personally but I expect not to be alone with my opinion.

:cool: Peace and keep grinding (in either way)...
... CHEERS!!! :cheers:

Would be a lot simpler if PD would release a GT6 glitch edition before GT sport is released :D all cars already grinded down and save the countless hours of chasing an illegal car :lol:

I agree with both sides of the debate.. yeah the fast guys will always be faster but they are exploiting the game and some people are going faster than some of the fast guys who don't look into this stupid allowance the game has whereas if it was a one car restricted from grinding you would see the true order of finishers and yes people like immortal and wolf would still be at the top 👍 doesn't mean it's the right thing to do and deters some of the real competition from taking part due to the stupid hours involved before you even put the car on the track?

This event was so inviting when I saw it posted and after I found out it was like laguna with the TSO I lost interest but thats just me I'm lazy ;) Lets hope GTsport targets this silly glitch from the get go and measures are added to see it not move on in the next chapter because it's just not giving the level playing field that everyone desires even though it's the best racers setting the trend :rolleyes:

Ah well good luck to all in your racing and if you don't like it like me just get the purse for gold and move on ;)

1:47.263. And Yes I'm grinding. But It's not a huge different, Believe me. I think with grinding you are 0,200/0,300 faster. It's not all about the grinding crap. I drive on my limit with al risks and sometimes there is that lap.

Can someone tell me if you grinding, what are the landmark klm's you need to get to and how much bhp do you add at those kl'm

I started with 641 hp. Then i grinding about 7000 km, And now I have 651 hp.

Now I'm still grinding so tomorrow i can say more.

Edit I see people have bhp. So : I begin with 632 bhp, Then grinding 7000 km and then i got 643 bhp.

i'm on 643bhp coming up to 10,000klm started on 632, just behind you mate.
I started with 641 hp. Then i grinding about 7000 km, And now I have 651 hp.

Now I'm still grinding so tomorrow i can say more.

Edit I see people have bhp. So : I begin with 632 bhp, Then grinding 7000 km and then i got 643 bhp.

i started on 632 almost 10,000klm up to 643. just behind you mate and you got 8bhp more.

But i agree with some comments above. You can have all the bhp you want, but if you cant drive it doesn't help much.

Last edited:
that's excellent mate :bowdown::bowdown:
I made 1'45'907 without grinding. I buy a new car cause my other z4 has changed oil. The car that i made the best lap dont have more than 250km of use...

How about that setup @Fraga

Well having never grinded before and having a number of Top 40 placings before, i'm really curious to see where this will end.

Last edited:
Haha, now i improve my setup and i made 1.45.907. I needed to do to rear becomes more risky. Its hard to drive on beginin, but with practice you will find the sensitivy of throttle and brake, so you will get faster.
aliens-aliens-everywhere.jpg

When i can drive a 1:46 here.... that would surprise me. 1 year ago i buy the game, Would be perfect to set a top 50 time :cheers:

Just me, not flaming anyone...

I'd rather be 430th in a car I tuned and raced, than 25th in a car I ground into the ground for weeks to gain those spots against most who don't.

To each his own, I'm usually done with these TT's after 3 or 4 days anyway. Unless I'm close to top 100, but even then I've never wore one out on purpose.

Now I'm assuming people do it for QM garage cars too?
I'm with you on this - I never spend very long on the TTs either (primarily because I hit my limit very early on, and find it difficult to improve my time by more than about 0.1 seconds or so!).

I'm working on this event in Offline time trial since couples days now, wanna keep secret what i'm running with out abs.

I'm expecting a top 10 in the case of under 1.46 was enougth atm.

This is my work on Sw10 setup at the moment, abs off, no body rigitidy help a lot with out abs

Downforce 400 515 +2kg ballast at -50%

3rd turbo kit and my Z4 have some grinding time so its not the same power limiter than you

lsd 10 10 25

3.092, max speed 124mph/200kmh
5453 4118 3362 2816 2391 2028 Fg 2000

70 80
14 05 13 85
2 1
4 3
5 5
00 00
0.25 -0.03

BB 8 4

I'm no more stuggling at 130R, can be full throttle 19 time per 20 try and dont crash, i'm really made a great work to manage the abs off and having no issue at all.

Wheel steering lock to 625 degree

Sometime i'M using 0.3 cambre in front, idk yet if helping me a lot or i just driving better during the session i use it, but looking to work better than 0.0.

Enjoy

Hey Maxx, tried your gears and got myself a half second gain, especially through the esses. The gain was a lot more through this region but I lost it with driver error in the latter part of the track, so hoping to get it back. Thanks kindly for posting.

:cheers:

EDIT: :cheers: @GNR1987

Last edited:
Hey Maxx, tried your gears and got myself a half second gain, especially through the esses. The gain was a lot more through this region but I lost it with driver error in the latter part of the track, so hoping to get it back. Thanks kindly for posting.

:cheers:

Shout out to @GNR1987 my personnal gearbox improver

edit: He having a part of my succes on laguna too, ever have the chance to say

Back