700PP Racing car Super Lap: Circuit de la Sarthe 2013

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 384 comments
I fooled with the Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd '05 for awhile and ended up with a very stable car that takes corners very well. Managed to get 3:14:684, but I could do better if I weren't so tense while driving. Here's the tuning setup.

Thanks for that, I'll give it a try. I like my tune for the C60, just need a different trans.

I tried the Toyota LMP but the freaking thing broke down at the start finish line! lol

NOT funny.

Had a couple of sessions on this now and finally got a Silver with 3.18.6xx. It's been a hard slog this one.

Using a maxed EVO with ballast (1036bhp). Increased ABS to 2 (+ TC 1 with controller). When using ABS 1, instability under braking often had me slamming into the side walls at the end of the first section of the Mulsanne Straight going into the chicane. Had more trouble with this using the C60 though. Hoping to get more time soon to Gold this.......👍

Had a couple of sessions on this now and finally got a Silver with 3.18.6xx. It's been a hard slog this one.

Using a maxed EVO with ballast (1036bhp). Increased ABS to 2 (+ TC 1 with controller). When using ABS 1, instability under braking often had me slamming into the side walls at the end of the first section of the Mulsanne Straight going into the chicane. Had more trouble with this using the C60 though. Hoping to get more time soon to Gold this.......👍
Try applying a little gas while braking.

Spent nearly another hour to get down to a 3:15.3xx. :/

Had to radically change the Peugeot suspension to get it to turn in better. But watching replays my car still doesn't steer as much as the faster cars. There are a few turns that I am way off throttle compared to the faster guys accelerating thru at part throttle.

I also can't get over 230 mph and see they are nearly at 240!

And I noticed that in 5th place TRL is using RH tires, NOT RS! He's the only one near the top on hard slicks! Wow.

What is the best tune for the 905B Evo 1 Bis LM '92?? I drive with it a couple rounds but It comes not even close to my 2J.

What is the best tune for the 905B Evo 1 Bis LM '92?? I drive with it a couple rounds but It comes not even close to my 2J.

High RPM turbo, oil change 1000+HP, add some ballast to bring it 700PP ( more to the rear for better traction/less understeer ), max aero, use lower final ( tranny flip thing ). Should bring it closer to 240mph on straight. Suspension, if you can handle it, max ARB, softer springs, don't go too low on ride height.

Spent nearly another hour to get down to a 3:15.3xx. :/

Had to radically change the Peugeot suspension to get it to turn in better. But watching replays my car still doesn't steer as much as the faster cars. There are a few turns that I am way off throttle compared to the faster guys accelerating thru at part throttle.

I also can't get over 230 mph and see they are nearly at 240!

And I noticed that in 5th place TRL is using RH tires, NOT RS! He's the only one near the top on hard slicks! Wow.
It's glitched up, i actually wasn't using hards as maybe if you read other posts you notice that.
When i started this event i actually thought the 2J be the faster car but i only able to get 3:03.7 best with it, the 2J is faster till the strights end then the 905 just flys through the corners

But watching replays my car still doesn't steer as much as the faster cars. There are a few turns that I am way off throttle compared to the faster guys accelerating thru at part throttle.

That's why you don't see a DS3 player in the top spots. RS tyres have lots of grip so you can drive higher
steering angle, thats not possible with controller.

This is a really hard one to get out a clean lap,my driving skills are limited i know but imo the track restrictions are very strict on this one.
A small run over the curbs makes it a red lap,it's kinda pathetic.🤬
Even top racers are using more curb then you're allowed,i can't imagine that FIA would say to F1 drivers:don't run over curbs or your time won't count @ qualifying :rolleyes:
i had silver in the bag only the last chicane costed me a red lap and i tried to get a cautious run at it.

I found the Mazda 787B Stealth Model competitive enough to get gold in just 2 laps. I will share setup if anyone has interest.

I'm pretty sure I can also do it in the the GT-One and will give it a try next.

I did some quick testing offline and it's unlikely that the Minolta Toyota 88C-V can and there is no chance for Toyota 7(with me driving).

Anyone else used a different "less popular" car?

I've been working on the suspension for the C60 Hybride to try and get rid of its instability. Because it has 49:51 weight distribution, running soft front springs (as most tunes seem to) gives it a very sharp turn in. I'm running almost equal spring stiffness front and rear now. I've also reduced the damper rebound so that it settles faster over the bumps. The setup still needs tweaking but it brakes in a straight line for the chicanes and is stable into Mulsanne and the kink before Indianapolis. For Mulsanne/Indianapolis, I'm now able to brake much later and harder without upsetting the rear.

Using a DS3 with TC=1, ABS=1 (all others off), and no performance upgrades*, I can lap around 3:20. Like @svenhjs666, I always seem to get a red lap for the smallest off-track moments, so it hasn't officially registered yet, but that 3:20 is as near-as-dammit clean. I'm certain that better drivers could get gold with no performance upgrades; I'll post suspension/aero/diff settings when I get the chance.

(*I've only added RS tyres and adjusted the 'stock' settings)

3:07.921 in my 2J with a controller an AT gears, Traction and ABS on 1. :gtpflag:

I going to drive a 3:06 lap. Couple red laps today and my fastest was a 3:05.455 lap. Sorry for my hate to this TT before. I like it!

It's glitched up, i actually wasn't using hards as maybe if you read other posts you notice that.

When i started this event i actually thought the 2J be the faster car but i only able to get 3:03.7 best with it, the 2J is faster till the strights end then the 905 just flys through the corners
I think with a perfect lap the 2J is still the fastest? I not even come close with a other car. But the 2J is my favorite so that can it be.

Hi Does anyone have a good transmission tune for this event in the Peugot? I know there are certain tips and tricks when setting up gears in this game but I don't know what they are! cheers

I improved my time after about 15 more laps, half of which were red 3:16's, so I'm close. Fastest good time was a 3:18.xxx...under my backup handle. Plenty of small mistakes, so. Gold is there once I feel the urge to spend another hour at it.

I also watched the hack replay. The guy can't drive to save his life and needs 400 mph to make up for his lack of ability behind the wheel. Watch how he blows every turn and knows nothing of an apex. Laughable and sad.

Wolfs replay on the other hand was awesome. Even with a few bobbles he runs a legit 2:59! 18 seconds ahead of the actual track record! LOL...Wow.

I only see Wolf_Aono at the top of the world rankings not this guy who claims a 2:55. BTW does anyone have a link to the tune for Wolf_Aono and the Peugeot 905B Evo 1 Bis LM '92? This car is in the top 10 of the WR.

I only see Wolf_Aono at the top of the world rankings not this guy who claims a 2:55. BTW does anyone have a link to the tune for Wolf_Aono and the Peugeot 905B Evo 1 Bis LM '92? This car is in the top 10 of the WR.
No one got it man, it must be very good though with that gap he has to everyone else

Hi Does anyone have a good transmission tune for this event in the Peugot? I know there are certain tips and tricks when setting up gears in this game but I don't know what they are! cheers
Reset gears to default
Set final gear at 3.500 before changing anything else

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    87.1 KB · Views: 176
Used the old LM NISMO GT-R For a reprise of last year's GT Academy and Le Mans race. At 3:37 time is what the real car did last year, too bad they canned the program, and Gold for GT Academy. Anyway the point of this is a high Bronze time has about 25,500 participants, so far. A lot fewer trying this Seasonal.

He got DQ'd for cheating.

He still appears off the list, but in the tool box showing the leader. Or he did yesterday.

Headed there now to try the ballast in my set up, I hadn't thought it would work in this car(Peugeot).

Man, I have tried the 905b, the C60, the 2j and a couple others and can do no better than 3:15.9 for silver. Been at it two days straight.
Think I just need to be about 45 years younger-(

Signed: feeling old, slow and depressed.

Man, I have tried the 905b, the C60, the 2j and a couple others and can do no better than 3:15.9 for silver. Been at it two days straight.
Think I just need to be about 45 years younger-(

Signed: feeling old, slow and depressed.
Try Praiano's R92CP tune. It worked for me.

It's bad to show someone else tune unless the person himself share it, but hints of which tuning direction to take may be okay ( no specifics )

Back