77th Le Mans 24 Hours

• Thread starter Clark
  • 839 comments
Free Practice one is one for another 26 mins on Eurosport 2.

The Aston LMP1 sounds glorius, very similair to the Murcielago R-GT. Although I and I'm sure Aston would have hoped it would be a bit faster.

Those Porsches still sounds as beautiful as ever. Man, such a beautiful roar coming out of those 997s 👍

Are the R15 and 908s sandbagging, or did the ACO really manage to slow the diesels down this much? :odd:

Well Metar considering it's a damp, drying track. I'd say the dry pace will only be less than 5 seconds slower tha last year.

Yeah, and remember this isn't quali, it's only practice so they won't be going all out just yet.

Christian Albers has dumped his Kolles R10 into the gravel.

Looks like Albers is up to his old tricks again :lol:

The Aston might not be the fastest car in LMP1, but I do think it's the prettiest car on the grid. It doesn't look as aggressive as the Audi, and not as edgy as the Peugeot, but instead it has some beautiful sleek lines. Not to mention the wonderful livery 👍

Looks like Albers is up to his old tricks again :lol:

The Aston might not be the fastest car in LMP1, but I do think it's the prettiest car on the grid. It doesn't look as aggressive as the Audi, and not as edgy as the Peugeot, but instead it has some beautiful sleek lines. Not to mention the wonderful livery 👍

I love the little similarities between the AM LMP1 and the classic DBR1.

If only Spyker would go back to the orange and silver/gunmetal or black and dark blue colour scheme...

What similarities are they then?

What I'm wondering about now is the reason for the lack of pace coming from those private R10s. Sure, they aren't giving anything yet, but it's the same car that won the race last year. What makes that those R10 cars are not amongst the R15s and the 908s? Tyres? Drivers? Set-up?

What similarities are they then?

lola_aston.jpg

Just the general shape, the tucked-in front end with the letterbox grille, the 'spine' running behind the cockpit, etc.

EDIT: http://www.spotterguides.com/content/view/23/46/ This may have been posted already, if not I hope it helps some casual 24Hr fans keep track of the field.

What I'm wondering about now is the reason for the lack of pace coming from those private R10s. Sure, they aren't giving anything yet, but it's the same car that won the race last year. What makes that those R10 cars are not amongst the R15s and the 908s? Tyres? Drivers? Set-up?

Remember these things though.

• Most of the drivers havn't driven at Le Mans before
  • The R10 wasn't really very fast compared to the 908 last year
  • The other P1's have got faster, this R10 hasn't been developed, just modfied to 09 aero rules

Remember these things though.
  • Most of the drivers havn't driven at Le Mans before

• The R10 wasn't really very fast compared to the 908 last year

• The other P1's have got faster, this R10 hasn't been developed, just modfied to 09 aero rules

Ah, that must explain it, thanks 👍

Thats a real shame, they have nothing but bad luck at Le Mans :(

LMP1
Aston Martin Racing - Lola Aston Martin

LMP2
RML - Lola Mazda Coupe

GT1
JLOC - Mercielago :grumpy:
Corvette Racing - C6.R

GT2
Flying Lizard Motorsport - 997RSR[/QUOTE]

With the loss of JLOC, Corvette Racing seems my only option for GT1

Last edited:
Thats great news, I was under the impression they'd retired from the event, fingers crossed for tonight's Qualifying. 👍

GT1
JLOC - Mercielago :)
Corvette Racing - C6

It was IPB Spartak that pulled their Lamborghini out about a month or so ago.

Pescarolo have done exceptionally well in their 908 & Allan sets the pace. It will be a close, interesting battle in session 2.

The PescaPug is impressive, is and the factory 908s and R15s look very closely matched.

It'll be a game of strategy and luck, and both of these play in Audis favour if history is anything to go by.

The PescaPug is impressive, is and the factory 908s and R15s look very closely matched.

It'll be a game of strategy and luck, and both of these play in Audis favour if history is anything to go by.

If it is going to be anything like Sebring 12 Hours was, we're going to have a fantastic race in prospect. :)

Indeed, but who knows.. The Peugeot double-stinted it's tyres at Sebring while the R15 didn't - opposite of what they did at Le Mans last year, with the R10 double-stinting - so maybe Peugeot could take it on speed and strategy.

No improvements from any of the front-runners... McNish fastest with a 3'23, the #8 908 with a 3'24, the PescaPug with a 3'25, then Audi-Peugeot-Peugeot-Audi all the way to a 3'27 flat. The 007 Aston is right on their tails just 0.012 behind, and the 008 and #13 Lola/Aston hot on their tails.

Wow, I'm quite surprised and happy to see the Astons running so close to the Peugeot and Audi cars 👍

*EDIT*

Sarrazin for pole? The guy is flying around the damn track, if only Kristensen would be so kind to show what an experienced driver he is by moving out of the way by, what was clearly, the faster Peugeot.

Last edited:
Back