82nd Running Of The Le Mans 24 Hours - 14/15 June 2014.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,367 comments
  • 178,574 views
Yes, I'm sure porsche will be delighted to be the slowest car in class.

And leading right now, with maybe a good 2nd place result? Yeah, they're gonna be so depressed later ;)
 
The funny thing is that the 20 car hasn't been at all reliable and has been off the pace with a broken hybrid system, so it doesn't even seem right to call that car reliable, lol
If it hasn't been at all reliable, how come it's leading when it's well off pace?
 
It is fair to say it won't be the #8 Toyota or the #2 Audi. It will be between the Porsche of Bernhard/Hartley/Webber and the Gene/Kristensen/Di Grassi Audi.

But this may well be the biggest and most prestigious race in the world but it is part of a larger picture; the WEC. The 6hrs of the Americas in September which is the next round of the WEC offers Toyota the perfect chance to exact some revenge on Audi and Porsche. I still think drivers like Sarrazin, Wurz, Nakajima and Davidson are decent drivers.
Le Mans is bigger then the WEC, if you asked the manufacturers what they wanted more WEC title or winning LeMans the answer would be straight forward.
 
Not everyone can be a part of the #porschemasterrace


Audi will eat you guy alive this race and in a few year when Porsche pulls the plug, Audi will have overtaken you in overall wins!


Gooooo Audi! R18 e-tron Quattro ftw!
 
bewsPnF.gif


Get on with it.

 
Yes, I'm sure porsche will be delighted to be the slowest car in class.
Results are what count, not numbers.
 
Gap now 33 seconds.

They gained a minute in the last hour. However the #2 hasn't been lapping as fast as it did earlier. Hasn't done under a 26 in this stint so far.
 
Woke up at 5~6ish, knowing I have a big adventure (including new things like writing young-adult novels for the summer and a possible GT6 Race Report...) ahead of me today...

...but glad to see that Audi (P1), Aston Martin, SRT and Corvette (all GT-related) could all get podiums by the time this is done... :)

SRT? They're not even here?
 
It is fair to say it won't be the #8 Toyota or the #2 Audi. It will be between the Porsche of Bernhard/Hartley/Webber and the Gene/Kristensen/Di Grassi Audi.

But this may well be the biggest and most prestigious race in the world but it is part of a larger picture; the WEC. The 6hrs of the Americas in September which is the next round of the WEC offers Toyota the perfect chance to exact some revenge on Audi and Porsche. I still think drivers like Sarrazin, Wurz, Nakajima and Davidson are decent drivers.
Not to mention that you got your Audi's backwards.
 
Mark, get on it.
 
every second counts... Audi is now leading.
 
hsv
If it hasn't been at all reliable, how come it's leading when it's well off pace?
Testament to how weird this race has been.
 
Audi will eat you guy alive this race and in a few year when Porsche pulls the plug, Audi will have overtaken you in overall wins!


Gooooo Audi! R18 e-tron Quattro ftw?

I+think+it+s+trying+to+communicate+_5f852ad7a30da2dca6a27f3cb2c8b8c2.png
 
So if the 20 is still on pit strategy, Lotterer needs to build a 50 second delta to be the leader.
 
Woke up at 5~6ish, knowing I have a big adventure (including new things like writing young-adult novels for the summer and a possible GT6 Race Report...) ahead of me today...

...but glad to see that Audi (P1), Aston Martin, SRT and Corvette (all GT-related) could all get podiums by the time this is done... :)

SRT are not in the race...
 
So if the 20 is still on pit strategy, Lotterer needs to build a 50 second delta to be the leader.

I don't think it is seeing Mark's reaction..
 
These new cars and their reliability has made this race much more interesting than it would have been.
 
So if the 20 is still on pit strategy, Lotterer needs to build a 50 second delta to be the leader.

How would this strategy work out? I r not gd wit strategiz :confused:
 
Meanwhile in LMP2 the Jota Sport is 3 seconds quicker than the 35.
 
hsv
something that blew everyone away on pace and then blew up every 5 minutes.
Which would arguably be more memorable.

The fastest stuff is what has the most flair, in this sense. Never mind if it doesn't work, you'll still love it.
Where as something that gets by on reliability is a good machine, but more soulless.
Which is why I can't support Audi.
 
I'm really feeling it now, sooo tired.
 
Which would arguably be more memorable.

The fastest stuff is what has the most flair, in this sense. Never mind if it doesn't work, you'll still love it.
Where as something that gets by on reliability is a good machine, but more soulless.
Which is why I can't support Audi.

Thing is, I respect Audi a lot. But I don't love them. They are so efficient, so clean, so perfect, it just...I respect their mighty achievements. I just want someone to beat them every now and again, to prove they are human after all :P
 
Back