82nd Running Of The Le Mans 24 Hours - 14/15 June 2014.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,367 comments
  • 178,570 views
We talked too soon haha! :lol:

Yeah, about that... :lol:

Still very eager to see what Toyota and Audi do. I'm betting under 3:20's.
 
Anyone else using Eurosport player and getting horrendous amounts of buffering?
 
Eurosport stream better than ever for me. My god I forgot how beautiful Le Mans is at night. :drool:
 
Seems like Toyota is still two seconds off the pace set by Porsche. After today we have one more Qualifying tomorrow, correct?
 
Seems like Toyota is still two seconds off the pace set by Porsche. After today we have one more Qualifying tomorrow, correct?
2 more 2 hour sessions to set the grid

Red Flag for the #99 stopped in the Porsche Curves

At work on the Entry list sorted by Garage # as we speak.
 
Whatever happened to localised yellows...?
 
Seems like Toyota is still two seconds off the pace set by Porsche. After today we have one more Qualifying tomorrow, correct?

This is still a practice session if I recall correctly. Both qualifying sessions will take place tomorrow. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Betting my money on a Toyota front-row lockout. If not, #8 for pole, either Porsche for the second spot.
 
This is still a practice session if I recall correctly. Both qualifying sessions will take place tomorrow. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Betting my money on a Toyota front-row lockout. If not, #8 for pole, either Porsche for the second spot.

This is the first of 3 quali sessions.
 
Qualifying done for the night.
 
:confused:I wonder what happened
 
If this trend continues it will set a new safety car record for the race :grumpy:
 
That Aston took a hefty hit.
 
:confused:I wonder what happened
From Twitter:
@steve_fall: RT @Dervhead1: @Fernando_Rees also off in his @AMR_Official #99 car race red flagged @FIAWEC @24hoursoflemans #fiawec #LM24 #24LM ​

Better to be safe than sorry, I guess. This will probably give the track crews as much time as possible to make thorough repairs to the fencing in the area overnight. Unfortunately, this curtails the track time for those who need to put in some laps run in the dark and they have the final session of Qualifying to make the eligible minimums for those who need it.
 
Does anyone happen to have a video of the Audi crash?
 
Does anyone happen to have a video of the Audi crash?

It doesn't appear to me like there is footage, only of the aftermath. Over five minutes after the crash they don't show any replay, but that might have just been at the discretion of the TV director. I suspect if there was footage it would've surfaced by now.

 
Right, around this time last couple years GTP'ers have switched avatars to show who they are supporting for the LM24. AMR #97 here. Who is supporting who here this year?
 
From this tablet I can't change it at the moment, but I'm routing for the entire Aston Martin Racing team. Go AMR! :D
 
It doesn't appear to me like there is footage, only of the aftermath. Over five minutes after the crash they don't show any replay, but that might have just been at the discretion of the TV director. I suspect if there was footage it would've surfaced by now.

I tend to agree, even if it was just a member of the public who'd filmed it. Initially I thought the director wasn't showing the replay because of the obvious potential for the driver being seriously injured or worse... as time goes on I thought they probably just hadn't filmed it.

Also, the irony of the Porsche-advert Audi crashing in the Porsche curves is cruel twist of fate, isn't it?

EDIT: There IS a still of the impact (hard to see what's going on, but damn it looks big :O ) at the end of this short vid;

 
Last edited:
Don't care about the car, thoughts are with Loic..

Yeah so are mine...but most of us see this as a bad crash and find it amazing the engineering safety that went into this and saved his life.
 
Back