82nd Running Of The Le Mans 24 Hours - 14/15 June 2014.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,367 comments
Bergmeister had a few issues with the Ford chicane's new kerbing.

bergmeistercrash.jpg

Also:

Return of a constructor to endurance should be announced Sat 14/6 during ACO press conference - Source @autohebdo

Well if anything it'll greatly deter drivers from doing that from now on.. which I guess is the whole point. Kind of reminds me of the chicane at Limerock they put in for when the ALMS raced there, when they first started everyone would straight line the chicane and drop wheels everywhere, the next year they put in big red curbs and nobody did that anymore :P

Great coverage, but I dont have FS2. Even if I upgrade to get FS2 its still only in SD (Dish), which is just as bad as an internet stream IMO

No, but drivers do it anyway.

If I was in charge, all chicanes would have sausage kerbs and the edge of every corner which has run off tarmac would have 2-4 metres of real grass right next to the white line at the edge of the track followed by 2-4 metres of gravel/sand and then run off tarmac.

I think it's interesting that the three main teams (Porsche, Audi, Toyota) have three very different approaches to this years race. It will be a cracker

Also:

Return of a constructor to endurance should be announced Sat 14/6 during ACO press conference - Source @autohebdo

I'd like to connect this with Alonso being the flag man for the start of the race, and say it is Ferrari, but if so that tweet should've been worded differently, because Ferrari is in endurance racing, just not for top honors.

Lancia? Sam Collins of Race Car Engineering is convinced that Ferrari are going to enter LMP1 but I think it would be the Lancia brand with a ferrari engine. That may account for the returning manufacturer as Ferrari are already involved in GT.

Another possibility, due to Radio Le Mans being so sure that McLaren and Honda are working on an LMP1, would be McLaren.

Great coverage, but I dont have FS2. Even if I upgrade to get FS2 its still only in SD (Dish), which is just as bad as an internet stream IMO
Blah. I only have FS1. I guess the rest I will have to find an online stream.

Those new curbs look brutal. I'm fairly sure they will change the racing line, which will change how these cars are driving. You think those curbs could puncture tires easily?

Welp, the Ford are really out to kill the Porsche and Ferrari by using this method...
I wonder how they jumped so high. I thought it was not a high speed corner.

10363685_10152272184279442_7068610406668416442_n.jpg

Welp, the Ford are really out to kill the Porsche and Ferrari by using this method...
I wonder how they jumped so high. I thought it was not a high speed corner.

10363685_10152272184279442_7068610406668416442_n.jpg
It's not, providing that you take the chicane the way it was designed. You can go much faster by cutting the corners, looks like a few drivers are going to have to learn that the hard way. I read somewhere they said taking it proper would take 1.5 seconds off the lap times.

It's not, providing that you take the chicane the way it was designed. You can go much faster by cutting the corners, looks like a few drivers are going to have to learn that the hard way. I read somewhere they said taking it proper would take 1.5 seconds off the lap times.
I see. With this, it will be a time where we'll see a prototype makes a proper flying car for this one chicane. :boggled:

I just had a chance to view the photos of cars hitting the new Ford curbing. Man..., I have a feeling these curbs are going to be knocking teams out of the race. I also read the article about Bergmeister and all he did was miss his braking point. Those drivers better burn it into their minds "Do not touch the curbs".

As for the heights... yeah I'm not sure how these cars are taking off to that level.

Back