82nd Running Of The Le Mans 24 Hours - 14/15 June 2014.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,367 comments
  • 178,569 views
How Awesome is that !!!!!!!!!!!


Can't wait for PORSCHE's video reply, I'm sure they'll do it! :D
 
Yeah...
If I can get him, McNish (favorite driver ever), and Bruno, I'll be set.. I've gotten Audi too but that seemed a little too easy.
My dream team would be shane van gisbergen, scott McLaughlin and carol brown.
 
After seeing that video, how much fuel would an LMP1 use in normal driving conditions?
 
Let's say 130 kph. They're in Germany.
 
Sooooo 80 mph then..

I dunno. I think the bus stop at spa is taken around 80-90 mph but not with constant throttle, so if someone wants to find some telemetry and add up stuff... That would be my guess..
 
Sooooo 80 mph then..

I dunno. I think the bus stop at spa is taken around 80-90 mph but not with constant throttle, so if someone wants to find some telemetry and add up stuff... That would be my guess..

No it's 130 km/h.
 
Which is 81 mph, which is not 130 kmh^-1
 
image.jpg
 
Yeah let's just say 80 mph/130 kmh on a sunny day in the middle lane while getting tailgated by the Audi or BMW behind them.
 
You and me both :p

I'm fairly sure having both extenders on is a joke but won't that lead to something like f/10-18 aperture?

Didn't change the aperture on the display although the weather forecast is looking good so it wouldnt matter using anything that small and for the night time stuff i have my 2.8 anyway.
 
Didn't change the aperture on the display although the weather forecast is looking good so it wouldnt matter using anything that small and for the night time stuff i have my 2.8 anyway.

Still not going to work that well though. Decreased AF performance combined with potential heat haze and the added softness that converters actually have means you'll just end up with more soft/out of focus shots than anything else. Best to just use one extender and crop later - if I'm honest. Or just shoot wider and get more atmospheric stuff over the fill the frame stuff.

Surprised you guys are taking so much gear though! I certainly wouldn't want to be lugging all that around for an entire weekend as a spectator. I'm just taking a 70-200, 50 f/1.8, 17-40 and maybe a 1.4x extender.
 
Still not going to work that well though. Decreased AF performance combined with potential heat haze and the added softness that converters actually have means you'll just end up with more soft/out of focus shots than anything else. Best to just use one extender and crop later - if I'm honest. Or just shoot wider and get more atmospheric stuff over the fill the frame stuff.

Surprised you guys are taking so much gear though! I certainly wouldn't want to be lugging all that around for an entire weekend as a spectator. I'm just taking a 70-200, 50 f/1.8, 17-40 and maybe a 1.4x extender.
It was mainly just to show it off......
 
Surprised you guys are taking so much gear though! I certainly wouldn't want to be lugging all that around for an entire weekend as a spectator. I'm just taking a 70-200, 50 f/1.8, 17-40 and maybe a 1.4x extender.
I took similar to that last year and felt I would try a little more this year, it packs down pretty neatly into my day bag.
 
Back