82nd Running Of The Le Mans 24 Hours - 14/15 June 2014.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,367 comments
  • 178,569 views
A2FD364C-3A55-42ED-9729-D8B374DD8D8C_zps5cj72zrs.png


Weathers looking good, will be interesting to see how the cars with the higher mj cope with the heat.
 
If Toyota win this race, I will be so disappointed if the drivers don't do the "oh what a feeling..." jump on the podium.
 
So I'm currently watching the scrutineering livestream feeling a little bit overexcited!
 
I'm doing the same. I have the schedule PDF popped up on my desktop too.
 
Brilliant, I'll go watch it now! Can't wait for the weekend, imo it's impossible to call the race between the German cars (Toyota GmBH, Porsche and Audi)! :D
 
Last edited:
Hey guys, anyone watching 24 Minutes tonight?
 
I just noticed that the teams entering Toyota Hybrids are Japanese while the car is German (although Toyota GmBH is part of the overall Toyota group, obviously). Interesting!

Still, all the LMP1s are German this year. Disappointing, I hope there's a wider spread in coming years. Shame not to see ze French or thuMuricans represented :(
 
I just noticed that the teams entering Toyota Hybrids are Japanese while the car is German (although Toyota GmBH is part of the overall Toyota group, obviously). Interesting!

Still, all the LMP1s are German this year. Disappointing, I hope there's a wider spread in coming years. Shame not to see ze French or thuMuricans represented :(

Actually, the team is Japanese, German and French. The project is Japanese, it's developed in Germany and it's ran by a French team Oreca.
 
Actually, the team is Japanese, German and French. The project is Japanese, it's developed in Germany and it's ran by a French team Oreca.

I seem to remember from F1 there's a reason why the cars aren't Japanese, I just can't remember what it is. German Toyota also developed and built the car in Koln, in fact I think the LMP is being developed in the same facility iirc.

Oreca are an engineering partner in this, I actually know a couple of the attached ingenieurs, the project is run by Toyota Motorsport (also a German Toyota-owned company). The only Japanese thing about it seems to be the Toyota name itself and the nationality of the sporting team who'll take the completed car.

And WHAT a car! :D
 
The TS040 is indeed developed in the same factory as their F1 cars in Cologne. You could view Oreca's part in this project sort of like Joest Racing with Audi. The thing that's japanese about this project is the same as their part in F1; their japanese comittee. Most japanese teams are ran like this, at least in F1, and in my view also the biggest reason why they never had any success in F1.
 
Just saw that.
 
Anyone know what coverage will be available in Canada for the race, now that Rogers and Bell have dropped SPEED?
 
The greatest weekend in racing approaches us, L'endurance has put out this nice little pre-race guide. Well worth a look for the beautiful pictures alone.

http://www.lendurance.co.uk/photography/lemansade/

Random question, did Proton purchase last years factory Porsches? I just notice they're the only ones in GTE-Am running a 991.
 
The greatest weekend in racing approaches us, L'endurance has put out this nice little pre-race guide. Well worth a look for the beautiful pictures alone.

http://www.lendurance.co.uk/photography/lemansade/

Random question, did Proton purchase last years factory Porsches? I just notice they're the only ones in GTE-Am running a 991.
It's hard to tell, because all the entry lists seem to be different. I'm looking through pictures, and it seems Dempsey has one: (Listening to RLM's GT preview, the Dempsey car is brand new)

Edit: Yup, just Dempsey and Proton. Although Dempsey is partnered with Proton (I missed that), so I guess you already knew that, Mac.
Dagys_-2014_263634.jpg
 
Last edited:
I think Dempsey's car is new from the factory.
 
iirc they are running a weaver as the rules do state it must be 1 year old.
 
I'd like to connect this with Alonso being the flag man for the start of the race, and say it is Ferrari, but if so that tweet should've been worded differently, because Ferrari is in endurance racing, just not for top honors.


Oh yes ... :D
 
Back