85th Running Of The 24 Hours Of Le Mans, 17-18 June 2017Sports Cars 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 2,715 comments
Perhaps all LMP1-H will encounter issues and fail to finish, leaving ByKolles to take the win and LMP2 to fill the remainder of the podium. Wonder what odds I'd get on that?

Or perhaps going on from that even more, a major pileup in the opening hours some how takes out all of the front-running LMP's, with all the GTE cars miraculously getting through unscathed, with a GT machine taking the overall win :sly:.

IMG_4962.JPG

Hmm... one is a prototype and the other is a....GT3 car developed from a road car that had yet to be designed, let alone homologated, when it was raced last year.

A production based GT3 car!....Right! ( sarcasm)

They should have stuck with the Mustang which was the original plan...which would have actually made them lots of money.

That this car is anything but an LMP car is wishful thinking. All other GT3 cars you can buy...Ford made the requisite # for homologation. Good luck trying to buy one as they lost money on every one they sold.

Yes everyone signed off on it... under extreme pressure from ACO and, one assumes massive FAVORS. Was it good for the ACO and Ford..yes...for the sport...NO. IMHO.

Or perhaps going on from that even more, a major pileup in the opening hours some how takes out all of the front-running LMP's, with all the GTE cars miraculously getting through unscathed, with a GT machine taking the overall win :sly:.

My dream possibility is Toyota 1-2-3.

ByKolles wins LMP2 (lets be real they are LMP2 pace), and Ford wins GTE 1-2-3-4 just to see the massive amounts of salt on my French Fries. :P

My dream possibility is Toyota 1-2-3.

ByKolles wins LMP2 (lets be real they are LMP2 pace), and Ford wins GTE 1-2-3-4 just to see the massive amounts of salt on my French Fries. :P

Aside from supporting Toyota for the overall win after so many years of trying (hence my avatar somewhat :D), I want Ford to win GTE-Pro, not only because I'm supporting ford besides the Ganassi/Ford shenanigans, but also just to see how salty pretty much everyone would be. If they did win, it'd be almost like a big two-finger to nay-sayers/haters if you will after last year :lol:. But we'll have to see...

Oh what's this, the number #8 Toyota already got struck by the age old Toyota Luck Syndrome.

It's limping around. Thankfully it's in qualifying and not on the last lap.

And now session has been red flagged...Don't know the reason why, I just saw it on the Porsche stream.

I think that 3:16.7 time looks likelier to stay.

Last edited:
Anyone else having problems with the official WEC stream? It works as it should except for the Fullscreen. Neither google chrome nor MS Edge are working, a restart didn't help either. Anyone else with this problem? It worked for Q1 yesterday...

Anyone know where I can watch on boards of the multiple cars and classes like I did last year?. Can't remember what link I used, since I don't have the WEC stream.

Last edited:
Marvelous, just marvelous. Firefox won't play the WEC stream. Chrome and Edge will but I can't make them full screen. :banghead: :banghead::banghead:

So they must have been snails in the corners back then, wtf?

Thats part of the reason, the other being Group C cars didn't have the sheer torque and power of electric motors to accelerate nor is their tire technology was as good as now. Where some time is lost by the end of the Mulsanne for modern LMP1 compared to the the cars of old due to lack of pure top end speed, they more than made up with the other parts of the circuit where acceleration and agility are more important.

I'm still not feeling comfortable with the 8 Toyota already breaking down...
It was an oil pressure alert so they're changing the engine as a precaution. The Porsche had the same issue in the test day and they changed an engine as well.

I don't think the other Toyota's are gonna bother with attempting a pole time. Davidson said it's more or less just for bragging rights and headlines.

Red flag, this session will continue no more, looks like the #23 Ligier lost it into the wall and into the gravel at Tetre Rouge.

Thats part of the reason, the other being Group C cars didn't have the sheer torque and power of electric motors to accelerate nor is their tire technology was as good as now. Where some time is lost by the end of the Mulsanne for modern LMP1 compared to the the cars of old due to lack of pure top end speed, they more than made up with the other parts of the circuit where acceleration and agility are more important.
Makes sense. They were slower to accelerate up to top speed, what with manual gearboxes as well. Now they get up to top speed quicker so the overall average speeds are higher.

Back