8th GTP Formula 1 World Championship

• Thread starter Mr. S
  • 867 comments
Aha! My internet is working. I thought we were starting 15minutes from now though, but I guess we're starting sooner then that :)

Oh dear, i'll let the video speak for me. Haven't played the game for weeks.
1 positive though, i'm in the mood for more races.

davybrowndog10
race ruined when pj took me clean out on a straight, not as if the bloody road isnt big enough

He says you took him out, so I think this is the fault of: LAG!

Peter got the pole, and I qualyfied in 2nd. He had a bad start, and I got the lead before the first corner. After a couple laps Baumi passed me, and after the first round of pit stops I was in 2nd, 5 seconds back. I managed my fuel and tyres well, and finished on a 1-stop strategy, though my tyres were basically dead towards the end of each stint. Baumi had to pit (penalty?), and I got the lead around lap 20ish. He ended up spinning or something at the end, and Peter came in 2nd ahead of him. I took another win for Caterham, one I'm especially happy with due to having not played this game in over a week :)

One thing which worked exceptionally well this race was the radio. My race engineer was very helpful, even telling what lap times I needed to get to catch up. Also, I heard about the incidents which plagued Peter and BlacquesJacques. Probably lag at fault on both, and also, delimitri always gave a lot of room when I lapped him 👍.

I'll the post official results soon :)

Pole position on the Prime tyres.

Started he race, the car bogged down, and so jcm got the jump. By the end of lap 1, I was off the track, and now down in 6th, behind davybrowndog. A bit of jostling for position led to him sending us both into the gravel at Parabolica. The lap immediately following, I outbraked myself into turn 1, and got a Drive Thru Penalty. Now in 5th, I had a mountain to climb if I wanted to net a good result today.

Immediately I saw that my only hope was to do a one stop race. So, I started to go into tyre conservation mode, balancing very well between speed and conservation, compensating for reduced pace from tyre wear, by upping the engine mix. My pace was never any slower than that of the frontrunners, and I came in for my one and only stop on lap 14 for Options.

Now I had to do 13 laps on the Options, which was not going to be easy. I decided to just take it very easy, trying to not lap too fast, and save my tyres for when jcm and Baumi made their second stops. Baumi did so, and I started to push, but a bit lacking in fuel, meant I initially had to drop to the low fuel mix. Turned the wick up after a few laps after he pit, and started to reel him in, eagerly awaiting jcm's stop as well.

But then Baumi met the dirt at turn 1! That meant that 2nd place was mine for the taking, and I sat back, with 2 laps to go, wondering, when the hell is jcm coming in? Unfortunately, he also had the right strategy in mind, and so I was unable to regain 1st. God job for him. I did also manage to bring home fastest lap as well.

absolutly great :(
Easy race, just saved my tyres at the beginning off the 2nd stint, but than I cut turn 1 for the very first time and I even lost time because I went very slowly trough it, but they still gave me a penalty
I was the fastest still after that, but a bit to early on the throttle out off turn 2 send me spinning and dropped me down to 3rd

completly dissapointing result for me :(

Quali
1. Peter 1:18.030
2. jcm +0.428
3. Baumi +1.350
4. BlacquesJacques +1.799
5. Bazylfox +3.523
6. delimitri +5.149
7. davybrowndog +5.307
8. Pawel -no time set-

Race
1. jcm 37:27.531
2. Peter +7.449 (1:20.123)
3. Baumi +9.610
4. BlacquesJacques +37.058
5. Bazylfox +1lap
6. delimitri +4laps
7. Pawel DSQ
8. davybrowndog DSQ

Drivers & Constructors Tables
New Standings

1 - Baumi27 - Marussia Virgin Racing - 240 points
2 - jcm - Team Lotus - 200 points
3 - PAWEL17 - AT&T Williams - 172 points
4 - BlacqueJacques - AT&T Williams - 161 points
5 - bazylfox - Scuderia Ferrari - 150 points
6 - delimitri - Lotus Renault GP - 76 points
7 - davybrowndog10 - Red Bull Racing - 62 points
8 - socom_killer - Force India - 32 points
9 - Peter. - HRT - 18points
10 - V12Engine - Team Lotus - 17 points
11 - Jerry 786 - Scuderia Ferrari - 15 points
12 - Mr.S - Vodafone McLaren Mercedes - 14 points
13 - Matty - Scuderia Ferrari - 8 points
14 - Cowboys965 - Red Bull - 6 points

Teams
1 - AT&T Williams - 333 points
2 - Marussia Virgin Racing - 240 points
3 - Team Lotus - 217 points
4 - Scuderia Ferrari - 173 points
5 - Lotus Renault GP - 76 points
6 - Red Bull Racing - 68 points
7 - Force India - 32 points
8 - HRT - 18 points
9 - Vodafone McLaren Mercedes - 14 points

Hopefully it's correct. I'm gaining on Baumi, maybe the championship isn't over after all :)

Nice clips You have Pawel.

I couldn't concetrate and keep up this time. I had terrible setup (before update) and didn't had any practice 2 weeks.

But i finished 5th with 2nd fastest time (1:20;545), which i find good result.
Two DT penalties (both same on lap after 1st pit stop) made my race.

I will practice before next GP :)

I may step away from this series if a fuller grid series is on at the same time. Until then see you Sunday at the usual 8:30 p.m. British Summer Time (12:30 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time)

Small turnout this week for the Singapore Grand Prix, a very boring track.

Practice: For the first time in nearly a month, I practiced before the race :) I did 45 minutes of practice before the GP, so I had a good setup, and enough practice that I was reasonably quick from the start of qualifying.

Quali: Got pole fairly easily, though on my third (and final) attempt I crashed out. Luckily, I had already done 2 good laps so I didn't need to worry.

Qualifying Results:
1. jcm 1:33.249
2. Peter. +1.972
3. BlacqueJacques +5.912
4. delimitri +9.759

Race: Started from pole, with Peter alongside. I had a decent start, but gave Peter too much room and he got in front. On the final straight of the second sector (lap 2), I was trying to pass Peter on the inside. He pushed me out and into the armco, causing me to spin and break my front wing and get a front left puncture. Normally I would've have been pretty upset, but I don't think he meant to crash me, he probably thought I was still behind him. In future though, if you crash someone, you're supposed to let them re-pass, or face a penalty. It didn't affect the final result though, so it's okay. I would recommend that he be a little bit less defensive though, to avoid having a situation like this in the future.
Anyway, I lost a lot of time but then everyone started crashing on their own, and by lap 15 I was the only one remaining (plus 4 AI). Oddly enough, the AI was extremely kind to me this race, and despite passing/lapping them over 5 times I didn't have a single incident! It seems that they are nicer at some tracks then others :) I still had to do 16 pointless laps, and wasn't really focusing. I ended up getting 2 10-second time penalties for corner cutting, and in total I pit 5 times :lol: Also, congragulations to delimitri for coming in 2nd place 👍

Race Results:
1. jcm (Picture with final time too blury) (1:34.249)
2. delimitri DNF
3. Peter. DNF
4. BlacqueJacques DNF

Drivers & Constructors Tables
New Standings

Drivers:
1 - Baumi27 - Marussia Virgin Racing - 240 points
2 - jcm - Team Lotus - 225 points
3 - BlacqueJacques - AT&T Williams - 173 points
4 - PAWEL17 - AT&T Williams - 172 points
5 - bazylfox - Scuderia Ferrari - 150 points
6 - delimitri - Lotus Renault GP - 94 points
7 - davybrowndog10 - Red Bull Racing - 62 points
8 - Peter. - HRT - 33points
9 - socom_killer - Force India - 32 points
10 - V12Engine - Team Lotus - 17 points
11 - Jerry 786 - Scuderia Ferrari - 15 points
12 - Mr.S - Vodafone McLaren Mercedes - 14 points
13 - Matty - Scuderia Ferrari - 8 points
14 - Cowboys965 - Red Bull - 6 points

Teams:
1 - AT&T Williams - 345 points
2 - Team Lotus - 242 points
3 - Marussia Virgin Racing - 240 points
4 - Scuderia Ferrari - 173 points
5 - Lotus Renault GP - 94 points
6 - Red Bull Racing - 68 points
7 - HRT - 33 points
8 - Force India - 32 points
9 - Vodafone McLaren Mercedes - 14 points

The battle for the drivers championship is back on :) And the fight for 3rd is also extremely close. And finally, Team Lotus have passed Marussia Virgin Racing to get 2nd in the constructors championship :D

I had zero practice, completely ruined qualifying, and had connection issues. If possible, I think we should do over this race, considering that there were only 4 of us today.

I had zero practice, completely ruined qualifying, and had connection issues. If possible, I think we should do over this race, considering that there were only 4 of us today.

At any other track that would be a good idea, but since most people hate Singapore anyway, we might as well move on to Japan, a much more enjoyable track.

I was doing OK until I hit the divider wall (between track and pit entrance) at about 80 mph:ouch: entering the pits for my first stop; I was in the lead at the time :)

I dislike Singapore intensely; bring on Suzuka with a fuller grid of real drivers please :)

I've still got a chance if jcm and baumi miss a few races, and I win every single race for the rest of the season, to clinch the title.

You won't have it easy jcm, I'll actually practice this time, and every time after wards. Be prepared.

Peter.
I've still got a chance if jcm and baumi miss a few races, and I win every single race for the rest of the season, to clinch the title.

You won't have it easy jcm, I'll actually practice this time, and every time after wards. Be prepared.

I'm not sure, I think you might be too far behind to catch up...

I re-added the standings with our current points system (giving points for DNFs). Since we switched to this system part-way through the year, anyone who DNFd before Canada didn't get points for it before, but since I've re-added it some people will be have an increase in points. I doesn't make a significant change, but it is fair. The only regulars who'll be affected are delimitri and davybrowndog, who each stand to gain points. I'll post them after the next race with the updated standings, so if you notice that some people gained too many points, it's just because they had too few points before :)

And I was very surprised to find that I hadn't made any mistakes in my adding :)

jcm
I'm not sure, I think you might be too far behind to catch up...

Ahh yes, you're right, for some reason I thought that there were more than simply 25 points on hand for a victory.

ehm, could we start 1 hour later than normally?
cause otherwise I am going to miss the next 2 races

I wouldn't have a problem with that, I'm sure that we're not the only ones interested in the Euros, Baumi. :lol:

Back