8th GTP Formula 1 World Championship

• Thread starter Mr. S
  • 867 comments
Looks like the game is going into extra time, only me, BlacquesJacques and Baumi currently online so I think we should wait until the game is over.

jcm
Looks like the game is going into extra time, only me, BlacquesJacques and Baumi currently online so I think we should wait until the game is over.

yeah, I won't race before the game is over^^
I'm german but I'm a big italy fan so no chance to miss the game for me^^

PAWEL17
If you guys still haven't started yet. I thank you so much for waiting, this is the last time it will happen.

No worries :) I don't usually like watch football, but I did watch this game from 80min on, and that was really fun to watch. So we'll start in a few minutes. That penalty shootout goal from Italy (the fake/floater thing) was so funny :lol:

Sadly BlacquesJacques couldn't wait any longer and he left, so I'll give him points as though he finished last, as he was here when the race was supposed to be on.

Last edited:
Thanks for invite JCM. Not much to say after that, couldn't set a time in quali as i wasn't confident enough in pushing to the limit, Was doing half decent in race until i spun and crashed head on into the pit entry wall 👎

Last edited:
I'm gutted, i needed to do 2 more laps on the first set to make that work, but i thought the softs would last longer. I underestimated the tyre wear here, greatly.

And Peters race ended before the first corner, what a shocker, i was behind everyone the front 3, and suddenly Peter span, and i drove straight into his sidepod.

But i'm quite pleased with my performance, after Monza i didn't race again, until today, thankfully Mr.S setup that i had tweaked a bit, helped me out a lot.

Thanks for invite JCM. Not much to say after that, couldn't set a time in quali as i wasn't confident enough in pushing to the limit, Was doing half decent in race until i spun and crashed head on into the pit entry wall 👎

Finding it pretty tough to adjust to a wheel that has 270 degrees of rotation and is so twitchy. Make a hell of a difference after using the driving force GT, might have to go back to it me thinks

Good racing guys.

What kind of wheel are you racing now?

Very crazy race in Japan. I got pole with a very weak lap, nearly a second off what I was expecting. Luckily, everyone else had the same problems, putting me on pole.

Qualifying results
1. jcm 1:27.710
2. Baumi +0.069
3. Peter. +0.392
4. Pawel +0.973
5. Jerry - no time set -

On the opening lap I regretted my pedal settings. I use the clutch as the brake. Not only did I forget that and push the normal brake pedal instead, but I actually managed to get through the entire first sector without braking at all, still in first place! At the second corner in the sector 2 I wasn't able to get through without braking and flew into the gravel, and I lost about 5 seconds. I drove inconsistently due to lots of distractions, but due to good pit strategy I got the win. The timing of my 2-stop strategy (option,prime,option) was better then Pawel's, as his tyres were shot and he lost a huge amount of time in the last couple laps allowing me to pass him on the final lap.

Baumi was lagging a bit more then usual, and he got a 10-second penalty, possibly for knocking Pawel off track on the final lap. Peter had and Jerry had tough races, and BlacquesJacques was unable to wait 2-hours for the race so he wasn't here.

Race Results
1. jcm 42:12.506
2. Pawel +4.547
3. Baumi +5.136 (10-second penalty)
4. Peter +52.158 (1:28.050 (primes))
5. Jerry - DNF - (drove for Marussia)
6. BlacquesJacques - DNS - (points awarded because he was prepared to race the normal time and 1hour later as well, just not 2hours later).

Entersandman - You could've joined, you just have to add me on psn.

Drivers & Constructors Tables
New Standings

Drivers:
1 - Baumi27 - Marussia Virgin Racing - 255 points
2 - jcm - Team Lotus - 250 points
3 - PAWEL17 - AT&T Williams - 190 points
4 - BlacqueJacques - AT&T Williams - 181 points
5 - bazylfox - Scuderia Ferrari - 150 points
6 - delimitri - Lotus Renault GP - 94 points
7 - davybrowndog10 - Red Bull Racing - 68 points
8 - Peter. - Hispania Racing Team - 45points
9 - socom_killer - Sahara Force India - 32 points
10 - Jerry 786 - Scuderia Ferrari/Marussia Virgin - 27 points
11 - Mr.S - Vodafone McLaren Mercedes - 20 points
12 - V12Engine - Team Lotus - 17 points
13 - Matty - Scuderia Ferrari - 6 points
14 - DaveMay96 - Scuderia Toro Rosso - 4 points
15 - Cowboys965 - Red Bull - 4 points
16 - DaxCobra - Sahara Force India - 2 points
17 - neljack - Sahara Force India - 1 points

Teams:
1 - AT&T Williams - 371 points
2 - Team Lotus - 267 points
3 - Marussia Virgin Racing - 265 points
4 - Scuderia Ferrari - 173 points
5 - Lotus Renault GP - 94 points
6 - Red Bull Racing - 68 points
7 - Hispania Racing Team - 45 points
8 - Sahara Force India - 32 points
9 - Vodafone McLaren Mercedes - 20 points
10 - Scuderia Toro Rosso - 4 points

Last edited:
Well, i didn't see Baumi lagging, and when i saw him coming behind me, i knew that he probably side by side already, so i wanted to let him through, but he let go of the accelerator coming into turn 1, but, as all 4 of my tyres were bright red, because of an ambitious 2 stop strategy that didn't go according to plan i slipped going into turn 1, and he passed me without touching me, so his 10 second penalty i have no idea what it was for.

But hey, like Vettel, should have won the race. But it keeps it interesting for the title race.
I'll finish the remaining races for the season.

Bloody hell man, Great start, then a Williams piledrived me off the track, and that was it. Shame, really, as I needed a good start to make up for the pole position I should have had :grumpy:

Baumi and jcm aren't going to be having all of the fun now. :mischievous:

PAWEL17
Well, i didn't see Baumi lagging, and when i saw him coming behind me, i knew that he probably side by side already, so i wanted to let him through, but he let go of the accelerator coming into turn 1, but, as all 4 of my tyres were bright red, because of an ambitious 2 stop strategy that didn't go according to plan i slipped going into turn 1, and he passed me without touching me, so his 10 second penalty i have no idea what it was for.

But hey, like Vettel, should have won the race. But it keeps it interesting for the title race.
I'll finish the remaining races for the season.

True, your result means that it's now a 5 point gap instead of a 12 point gap, which I'm very happy about :) I saw Baumi lag a lot for a few laps, but only a little afterwards. His car jumped a little bit, but afterwards it was only looking at the sector times that I knew he was lagging.

In my career mode, I've got through my first 150 or so races with around 4 punctures. In the past 2 races (China & Turkey), I've gotten 5 punctures! None of which happened due to damage/running over anything/severely high tyre wear. Each time my tyres had at least 5 laps in them before they came anywhere near the cliff. Very strange...

Last edited:
the 10 second penalty was my own fault, because I cut degna 1 to often^^
so no problem with pawel and I think the lagging was cause someone invited me nearly every lap^^

You guys can drop me out of the championship, been working night shifts for awhile now, and dont expect that to change anytime soon. If anyone wants to fill in my spot, go for it. I apologize for not showing up for the races in the past few weeks, or months

Peter.
With the Euro Finals tomorrow, maybe we should postpone the Korea round?

That's probably a good idea. Besides, I'm busy racing the old F1 cars in GT3, with a black & white screen :lol:

You'd think that not having colour would be annoying, but it's actually quite awesome. Also, the F90/S that I won is no longer pink. It's now grey, along with everything else :D

That being said, I can't wait until I get the actual adapter cable, I'll be able to go from 480i black and white to 1080i full colour on my PS2 driving games :)

Also, does anyone have experience with the classic F1 cars on F1 Championship edition? Do they handle realistically, and is the force feedback good? I've been thinking about getting that game. Surprisingly, GT3s force feedback works very well on my G27.

Well the cars in F1 CE, from memory are really difficult to drive. That's all i remember from it, but i never transferred my save data from my old PS3, so i couldn't be bothered re-acquiring them.

If you're looking for something on the Playstation, there is also Ferrari Racing Legends coming out on the 3rd of July. Which will feature several Old Ferrari F1 cars.

Last edited:
You can get a used F1 CE quite easily; I have the game but have not played in 2 years.

Not ony Spain - Italy; I also have 2 birthday partys today; my step daughter's and CANADA's !

Happy Birthday eh:)

Back