8th GTP Formula 1 World Championship

• Thread starter Mr. S
  • 867 comments
This is really bad Mr. S
You gave me and a few other people no invitation and just started he race!

I did try to send you an invite but it was too late. Invite option was blanked out as the countdown had begun to race :boggled:👎

Last edited:
I must admit, I think Im out, sorry :/

Some guy in the Renault a head of me completely mashed up the guy in 2nd in a Ferrari :nervous:

This was my best Melbourne GP in terms of pace, but the race was another matter.

Off the start Bazyl had a lightning start, i tried to keep on the outside to give people space, but had to go off, as Mr.S was going to squeeze me.
Later, me and some Force india driver passed Mr.S after he made a mistake, and despite it showing on my screen i was ahead, Mr.S ran into me, not his fault, it was the infamous connection, and because of it, i got a drive-through penalty.
So i decided to do a two stopper, and my last tyres on options, which by the last two laps were shot.
But my final stint was my best ever, dropped the gap to JCM to 9.8 s.
Unfortunately not good enough.

I would like to thank everyone who gave way, after i lapped them, great sportsmanship.
And Congratulations to JCM for the first race victory of the year. I guess i need to get my revenge in Canada.

that was a hard race, lost 3 wings :yuck:, how do you guys hold onto your tyres for so long?, mine wear down very quick.
whats with the fellas quitting when they crash are spin out, i got lapped a few times but kept going..
well done jcm, your to quick 👍

davybrowndog10
that was a hard race, lost 3 wings :yuck:, how do you guys hold onto your tyres for so long?, mine wear down very quick.
whats with the fellas quitting when they crash are spin out, i got lapped a few times but kept going..

Yeah, good job Davy, you need to setup your car, there are two threads on this site which could help you.
Every race you will get better.

Did I miss it?

Someone's gotta post it next time.

It's been posted - I also sent you two invites while you were still playing a game and once after you quit the game. You told us in chat, after the race, that you wanted to grab something to eat.

I can't be bothered with that.

Overtake, then forced into a crash twice.

Connection was crap anyway.

Sorry, I'm out.

I don't think delimitri did that on purpose. He, in fact, always made way when someone passed him - he was 7 laps behind us at the end but he never blocked anyone. All he did was losing control of his car. You don't like that? That's a racing game, it can happen. He honestly tried getting around quickly and he's the one I'd attest the best sportsmanship in this particular race.

You guys could've notified me here...

The race date has been posted on here for 3-4 days, I've also sent you PSN invites. Don't get me wrong but I can't do anything more than that.

why was start and nobody is informed?

Everybody was informed, it's been posted for 3-4 days.

This is really bad Mr. S
You gave me and a few other people no invitation and just started he race!

See post above. I also tried adding you on PSN and received a "network error" message in return during the race. Also, you're having 100 friends on PSN. I sent a PM to you, a few days ago, that I'll add you and also included my PSN name, so that you could've made the first step, too. 5 other people did. You could've done so, too. You didn't even make space on your friends list - sad that the message didn't show up immediately but still not my fault.

I must admit, I think Im out, sorry :/

Some guy in the Renault a head of me completely mashed up the guy in 2nd in a Ferrari :nervous:

Indeed, unlucky - I believe not every race will be like that, it was a bit chaotic but fun in the end, I'd say.

I think Mr S did everything he could :)👍

I did, I even asked people not to start the race but it was too late.

Guys, stop ignoring your own mistakes and telling me it's mine...seriously.

its not easy trying to keep out of peoples way when uve got a puncture,, and no wing,, got 3 of them, but a finished the race. lol:)

its not easy trying to keep out of peoples way when uve got a puncture,, and no wing,, got 3 of them, but a finished the race. lol:)

You did really well mate, awesome sportsmanship - you might've hit someone but you tried not to and that's what counts. 👍

I'm sorry for the drivers who got hit but we all started at some point, didn't we?

I've also sent you a request on PSN 2 minutes ago, Baumi - now that you've made space.

It's been posted - I also sent you two invites while you were still playing a game and once after you quit the game. You told us in chat, after the race, that you wanted to grab something to eat.

I don't think delimitri did that on purpose. He, in fact, always made way when someone passed him - he was 7 laps behind us at the end but he never blocked anyone. All he did was losing control of his car. You don't like that? That's a racing game, it can happen. He honestly tried getting around quickly and he's the one I'd attest the best sportsmanship in this particular race.

The race date has been posted on here for 3-4 days, I've also sent you PSN invites. Don't get me wrong but I can't do anything more than that.

See post above. I also tried adding you on PSN and received a "network error" message in return during the race. Also, you're having 100 friends on PSN. I sent a PM to you, a few days ago, that I'll add you and also included my PSN name, so that you could've made the first step, too. 5 other people did. You could've done so, too. You didn't even make space on your friends list - sad that the message didn't show up immediately but still not my fault.

Indeed, unlucky - I believe not every race will be like that, it was a bit chaotic but fun in the end, I'd say.

My friendslist is not full! I just deleted a few friends today to be sure, that it is not full!

tyres on options, which by the last two laps were shot.
But my final stint was my best ever, dropped the gap to JCM to 9.8 s.
Unfortunately not good enough.

I would like to thank everyone who gave way, after i lapped them, great sportsmanship.
And Congratulations to JCM for the first race victory of the year. I guess i need to get my revenge in Canada.

👍 I lost the race in Canada in the other series, then dominated in the next race. It could've been an extremely close finish if neither of us had gotten bad luck...

Thanks. If you're having trouble being consistent then I have two tips.
Tip 1: Slow down a bit. If you drive smooth you'll get a lot more out of the tires.
Tip 2: Add more front wing. I was having serious troubles getting around here for more then five laps in a row so I added a notch more front wing and a notch more rear wing. It led to my most consistent and smooth race ever :)

Last edited:
My friendslist is not full! I just deleted a few friends today to be sure, that it is not full!

It was full before the race. I'm sorry for you but it's not my fault - you even had my PSN ID, so you could've made the first step or message me, too.

Everyone KNEW the race was going to start at 8:30pm GMT. We even started it 5 minutes late since we wanted to wait. I wanted to wait a bit longer but people were getting ready a bit too soon, unfortunately.

Just to clarify: I got the message during the race in addition to the one when I tried to add you. The message, I don't know - never seen it before.

I'm the last one who's refusing to wait for someone...but accusing me of any wrongdoing after you guys messed it up, that's too much, even for me.

Last edited:
It was full before the race. I'm sorry for you but it's not my fault - you even had my PSN ID, so you could've made the first step or message me, too.

Everyone KNEW the race was going to start at 8:30pm GMT. We even started it 5 minutes late since we wanted to wait. I wanted to wait a bit longer but people were getting ready a bit too soon, unfortunately.

Sorry I didn't saw you gave your PSN ID at the message-that as my fault
But my friendslist wasn't full before the start and I got no invitation
So if the invitation didn't work you could have told someone else to invite me

Did you get my post/chat message on psn? As i dont think i could be there for all the races in the season. Sorry for short notice. So could i be a reserve for anny team?

Mr. S you did a bang up job.

Relatively clean race for me; apparently some lag issues by the number of lost connections/quit race racers - suggest garaging the safety car next race to reduce chance of lag.

Even if I get banged up and lose a wing I keep racing; part of the GTP race etiquette too.

Racing incidents happen so chill out complainers :)

It is a looooooooooong season eh :)

Dude, seriously: it was. People on here know me, I don't have to lie in order to make up for something. It was full.

Also, Jerry tried to but people started the race. I told them to set their status to not ready but it was too late, sadly.

Did you get my post/chat message on psn? As i dont think i could be there for all the races in the season. Sorry for short notice. So could i be a reserve for anny team?

Yeah, I'll put you up as reverse for any team, no worries. :)

Also, thanks Jacques. I believe it'll be a great season but people need to keep racing. Incidents happen...I lost 2-3 possible wins in the other series because people crashed into me. So what? C'est la vie. :)

So why not use your PSN tag in your post so others could invite you-I have no idea what your PSN tag is :dopey:

Mr. S

I wasn't playing while I was on, my screwed up DS3 was charging, that's when I wasn't there. Sorry, it was my fault, by the time I noticed it was already going on it was too late. :(

On the bright side you guys didn't have to lap me! ;)

So why not use your PSN tag in your post so others could invite you-I have no idea what your PSN tag is :dopey:

It's in the OP, he mentioned it in the old thread. I didn't invite him using his name and when we wanted to, it was too late. :)

I wasn't playing while I was on, my screwed up DS3 was charging, that's when I wasn't there. Sorry, it was my fault, by the time I noticed it was already going on it was too late. :(

On the bright side you guys didn't have to lap me! ;)

You sure? I thought it had shown GT5. B-Speccing? :P Might've been Tom, tho - it's been a long day.

My Race Report

Qualifying: Going into qualifying I was hoping for at least a 1:22.5. Happily on the last lap I got a 1:22.2xx (I think). It was good enough for pole.

Race Strategy: My pit strategy going into the race was the following
Start: Options
Lap 5: Primes
Lap 17: Primes

I was hoping this would be quick enough for the win...

Race (Stint I): I got off to a slow start due to a slight glitch at the start line (about 0.25 seconds delay I think). I still managed to stay in front. On the second to last corner of the first lap I went into neutral and onto the grass :lol:. Still was ahead by 1.5 seconds. At lap 5 I came into the pits for primes. Unfortuantely they once again gave me options!!! This is the second race in a row that Team Lotus has messed up! I've talked with Tony Fernandes and he agrees that they are all fired. My entire pit crew is fired. We will be hireing new people within the week. :grumpy: It was seriously annyoing.

Stint II: Well, I have a large enough lead that I decide to try and get to lap 15 on these tires. 10 laps on options with a tire-killing-setup. :eek: I manage to go slowly and lose at least 10 seconds of time. Oh well, I make it.

Stint III: Now I've got to go for 14 laps on the prime while maintaining the lead. It was going fairly well, but it got scary for the last 6 laps. I was about 15 seconds ahead of Pawel with 6 laps to go.
6 laps to go: ahead by 15 seconds
5 laps to go: ahead by 12.5 seconds
4 laps to go: ahead by 10 seconds
3 laps to go: ahead by 7.5 seconds
2 laps to go: ahead by 5 seconds.
I thought for sure that the pattern would continue and it would be an extremly close finish. Luckily for me his tires gave out and he went ended up finishing 9.8 seconds behind me. Got to finish in first. Very happy about today, I got very lucky today. Everyone got bad luck which meant that my bad pit crew didn't even cost me the race.

eh :)

yea you done well man, good win, thanks mr.s it was good crack, looking forward to the next one, im gona try get a bit of practice in b4 tho..

UQe66.jpg

Australian Grand Prix

Qualifying

1 - 1:22.244
Canada.png
jcm - Team Lotus
2 - +0.324
Germany.png
Mr.S - Vodafone McLaren Mercedes
3 - +0.393
Australia.png
PAWEL17 - AT&T Williams
4 - +0.419
Antarctica.png
Jerry 786 - Scuderia Ferrari
5 - +0.883
United%20Kingdom.png
DaxCobra - Sahara Force India
6 - +1.222
Canada.png
BlacqueJacques - AT&T Williams
7 - +1.744
Poland.png
bazylfox - Scuderia Ferrari
8 - +2.440
United%20Kingdom.png
neljack - Sahara Force India
9 - +4.519
Northern%20Ireland.png
davybrowndog10 - Red Bull Racing
10 - +4.543
United%20Kingdom.png
V12Engine - Team Lotus
11 - +7.645
Northern%20Ireland.png
delimitri - Lotus Renault GP

Race

1 -
Canada.png
jcm - Team Lotus
2 -
Australia.png
PAWEL17 - AT&T Williams
3 -
Canada.png
BlacqueJacques - AT&T Williams
4 -
Germany.png
Mr.S - Vodafone McLaren Mercedes
5 -
Poland.png
bazylfox - Scuderia Ferrari
6 -
United%20Kingdom.png
V12Engine - Team Lotus
7 -
Northern%20Ireland.png
davybrowndog10 - Red Bull Racing
8 -
Northern%20Ireland.png
delimitri - Lotus Renault GP

DNF -
Antarctica.png
Jerry 786 - Scuderia Ferrari
DSQ -
United%20Kingdom.png
DaxCobra - Sahara Force India
DSQ -
United%20Kingdom.png
neljack - Sahara Force India

Standings

1 -
Canada.png
jcm - Team Lotus - 25 points
2 -
Australia.png
PAWEL17 - AT&T Williams - 18 points
3 -
Canada.png
BlacqueJacques - AT&T Williams - 15 points
4 -
Germany.png
Mr.S - Vodafone McLaren Mercedes - 12 points
5 -
Poland.png
bazylfox - Scuderia Ferrari - 10 points
6 -
United%20Kingdom.png
V12Engine - Team Lotus - 8 points
7 -
Northern%20Ireland.png
davybrowndog10 - Red Bull Racing - 6 points
8 -
Northern%20Ireland.png
delimitri - Lotus Renault GP - 4 points

1 - AT&T Williams - 33 points
2 - Team Lotus - 33 points
3 - Vodafone McLaren Mercedes - 12 points
4 - Scuderia Ferrari - 10 points
5 - Red Bull Racing - 6 points
6 - Lotus Renault GP - 4 points​

Here's an intresting article

wwww.formula-one-news-dot-com.com

Team Lotus pit crew fired

The team lotus pit crew have been seriously off lately. In the pre-season test race they made a serious mistake giving jcm the wrong tire. "No worries, just don't do it again" was jcm's reaction to the situation.
However, it happened again. At the opening race of the season Team Lotus got the tires wrong once again. "The whole team knew that I was coming in for primes, why did they give me options?" jcm said after the race. "We got lucky today, we lost at least 10 seconds, possibly 20 seconds because of this. We managed to get the win however it probably shouldn't have worked out."
"The pit crew will no longer be with us. We will either be hireing from the old Mercedes pit crew or perhaps simply promoting from within." The team boss told us after the race. "This sport is simply too competitive for them to ve messing up like that. That's why they had to go".
V12engine did not comment on the situation.

Last edited:
I just realised something really awesome. In my two races in GTP Formula 1 World Championship history, I had two extremely different results

Last series, Abu Dhabi, 4.805 seconds off pole
This series, Australia, Pole.

Very happy to see how quickly I'm improving :)

Also nice to see a tie in constructors championship standings. Go Lotus!

And Canada has the most points of any country, eh :)

As always, i was taking easy the qualis, so i just run one fast lap (1:24) just to do it and have as fresh tires as possible. I was glad i wasn't last in grid.

I had good start, but got crashed by Renault and lost places. I quickly catched up and was 7th-8th in first laps.
Then i saw many ppl disconnecting from race. I pitted early (5th lap) and went hard with primes. I catched pitting Mr.S and Pawel.
We had quite nice battle with Mr. S but he rammed me twice, once with me spinning on gras.

I lost about 7sec and was able to made it 4sec lost at finish.

0. Congratulations to jcm for excellent driving, and victory.
1. First race behind, and many more in front,
2. Precious experience earned, and with that 8 points for the team as well, in this condition that was the best i could so far, this was my first full ON-LINE race in F1 so i had a lot to learn.
3. a) Precision Driving and, b) Keeping it Clean trophy's earned for Race without colliding with another car or object 👍 So i had clean race, except my few 360*'s but this was entirely my fault due to not many practice miles before the race. I promise I've got better in Malaysia GP

As for pit crew decision. All i can say, is that i would wecome those guys with open hands because some say they are

TheMercedesGPpitcrewwasfoundtobethefastestinthe2010season.jpg

All we know, we will closely look at their progress during practice before Malaysia GP​

Back