8th GTP Formula 1 World Championship

• Thread starter Mr. S
  • 867 comments
When I pit, I remind the crew which tyres to put on (using same Jenson (re: button) as fuel mixture... Jenson). :) Especially if and when you change tyre strategy during a race.

I qualied on primes so was satisfied with being only 1.2 secs off the pole; well done JCM.

I was cautious at start avoided any incident and was 5th (I think).

My pit strategy was a long first stint and then 2 stops for options.

But on lap 5 or 6 a car had spun just before 2nd last turn (the hard left hander) and was in the middle of the track facing the wrong way; I had to zig and zag, but this car ghosted at the last second, but thye result was Imy entry to the corner was compromised and I think Mr. S's car (?) came up fast and I got knocked (relatively gently) off and suffered minor wing damage.

Back markers moved aside for me during the race-no complaints-well done 👍

It took a half a lap to confirm I still had downforce; then I decided to pit early and stretch my Options and still do a 2 stop (both Options) race.

I traded positions with jcm, PAWEL17 and Mr.S with pit stops and so on during the race; even led a brief time.

Ran on standard fuel setting all race, but had to use lean occasionally to ensure fuel to the end; seeing Mr.S catching me as I was using lean; but then noticed his advanced halted at 8 seconds back so I relaxed and brought the car home into 3rd.

When I was on the Primes and also using lean mixture I made way for the faster running cars, including my Teammate PAWEL17, who finished 19 seconds ahead in 2nd. 👍

So is next race in one week , or two?

V12Engine
0. Congratulations to jcm for excellent driving, and victory.
1. First race behind, and many more in front,
2. Precious experience earned, and with that 8 points for the team as well, in this condition that was the best i could so far, this was my first full ON-LINE race in F1 so i had a lot to learn.
3. a) Precision Driving and, b) Keeping it Clean trophy's earned for Race without colliding with another car or object 👍 So i had clean race, except my few 360*'s but this was entirely my fault due to not many practice miles before the race. I promise I've got better in Malaysia GP

As for pit crew decision. All i can say, is that i would wecome those guys with open hands because some say they are

All we know, we will closely look at their progress during practice before Malaysia GP

Nice job V12 :)
Hopefully our future pit crew is better :)

Vector-Malaysia-Flag-Set-04-by-DragonArt.jpg

SUNDAY - 8:30pm GMT (9:30pm CET) - Please inform me in advance (message me) if you can't make it!

Last edited:
Sorry, won't be able to compete for now. You can go ahead and take me down until further notice. Will be back in a few months.

wwww.formula-one-news-dot-com.com

Team Lotus hire Mercedes pit crew

It's been announced that Team Lotus have hired the old Mercedes pit crew. They are signed for the rest of the season. Everyone at the Lotus were really happy about it...

Conformation on the rumors. I've also decided to remind them of what tires I want before I come in. Hopefuly it all works out good for the race today :)

jcm
Conformation on the rumors. I've also decided to remind them of what tires I want before I come in. Hopefuly it all works out good for the race today :)

Option, Prime, Option. Only way to go. Well, for me at least, otherwise i probably wouldn't have caught you as i did last week.

PAWEL17
Option, Prime, Option. Only way to go. Well, for me at least, otherwise i probably wouldn't have caught you as i did last week.

Option, Option, Prime.

It wasn't my plan, but it's what I ended up doing :lol:

Sorry guys, the buttons on my wheel were acting up yet again, so I thought it's best to retire instead of endangering others - sorry for touching you Jerry. :/

I also just noticed after the race that I made a mistake by loading the preset for the other championship, thus enforcing light rain. :grumpy:

Last edited:
What a ridiculous race, i'm just amazed, how baumi was able to get those times.
Thankfully i got passed the first two corner chaos, and went on a 1 stopper.
And pretty much tried to keep control of the car the whole race, and wasn't able to race anyone, pretty darn boring......damn rain.

Oh and thankyou Roders and davybrowndog for moving over when lapped, much appreciated.

Well first of all, well done Baumi...sensational performance and you were clearly in a class of your own tonight.

I came into this race with no practice, set up but managed to finish on the podium, in third place. A very enjoyable race all in all but could have done better. Qualified P5 which was decent, I had a great start off the line, shot upto P2..but I got hit off by someone just I was coming out of T2... bit of a shame as I probably could have given Baumi a race...at least for the first stint anyway :D Anyway, great racing guys..just hope I don't get hit off for a third race running next weekend! :)

Yeah, that was me. I was busy trying to shift because my wheel seems to be borked yet again, paddles weren't reacting too often. Just glad TM sent me a full pack of replacement buttons and stuff, so that I don't have to call them yet again. :grumpy:

My race was horrible. :grumpy:

At the very start I spun out and crashed into everyone and everything. I don't know whether or not anyone touched me or if I simply lost control on my on though. It felt like I got hit but I don't know for sure. If someone from behind saw what happened could you please tell me. I'd like to know (it was probably my fault but I'm not sure).

I was in 9th, my team-mate was in 10th, the last two spots of the field. I didn't have a front wing and I was about 40-50 seconds behind the leader. I pit on the first lap and went for the WET tires. I drove consistent 1:40s for about 17 laps and worked my way into 3rd. The tires finally gave out on lap 18 and I spun, letting Jerry get ahead. I then pit for intermediates which I would use for the rest of the race. I got back into third and finished there, about 10-15 seconds ahead of Jerry.

However on the last lap - Jerry was behind me - and Baumi was about to lap me. I didn't notice that it was him at first, then I realised on the main straight that I had a blue flag. He looked to be quite a bit behind me so I didn't pull over on the main straight, I was going to pull over after the braking zone for turn 1. However, during the braking zone for turn 1 I got a 20-second penalty for ignoring blue flag!!! :eek: :mad: :banghead: 🤬 🤬 :banghead: :mad: 🤬 :banghead: 🤬 :banghead: :confused: 🤬 🤬 :mad: 🤬 :confused: :confused: 🤬 :grumpy:.

Because of this I finished in 4th.

The only good things are that
- I'm still in first in the championship (by one point(if I added it right))
- The new pit crew did not mess up :)

Last edited:
What a ridiculous race, i'm just amazed, how baumi was able to get those times.
Thankfully i got passed the first two corner chaos, and went on a 1 stopper.
And pretty much tried to keep control of the car the whole race, and wasn't able to race anyone, pretty darn boring......damn rain.

Oh and thankyou Roders and davybrowndog for moving over when lapped, much appreciated.

yea was a tough race in the wet, nut still gud crack, tried to stay out of peoples way, just dont know how u guy put them laps in :crazy:

Yeah, that was me. I was busy trying to shift because my wheel seems to be borked yet again, paddles weren't reacting too often. Just glad TM sent me a full pack of replacement buttons and stuff, so that I don't have to call them yet again. :grumpy:

Ah ok, bit of a shame but it is what it is Hope you get your wheel sorted for next race

Well, jcm, from my view, i had a mclaren on the outside, and a Redbull down the inside, after being swamped at the start, i didn't know when everyone would brake, so i had to slow down, behind a ferrari, then i saw a ferrari spin, and i got passed him safely, but i feel like i hindered a Mclaren on my right, i couldn't do anything about it because thats as good as my car could turn, and i was trying to avoid the Redbull down the inside.

I didn't see a Lotus spin, and i knew that there was no way i could catch Baumi at any stage, so i went for a one stopper to cover 2nd place. And i had to drive really carefully in the 1.40's the whole race.

I'm still amazed how Baumi was able to go that fast, 2nd place was 2 seconds off in qualy....or was that 4?

Sorry guys, the buttons on my wheel were acting up yet again, so I thought it's best to retire instead of endangering others - sorry for touching you Jerry. :/

I also just noticed after the race that I made a mistake by loading the preset for the other championship, thus enforcing light rain. :grumpy:

:( I hope you get your wheel fixed in time for China.

I can't believe you would make us race in the rain though, that's mean :grumpy:

Well, jcm, from my view, i had a mclaren on the outside, and a Redbull down the inside, after being swamped at the start, i didn't know when everyone would brake, so i had to slow down, behind a ferrari, then i saw a ferrari spin, and i got passed him safely, but i feel like i hindered a Mclaren on my right, i couldn't do anything about it because thats as good as my car could turn, and i was trying to avoid the Redbull down the inside.

I didn't see a Lotus spin, and i knew that there was no way i could catch Baumi at any stage, so i went for a one stopper to cover 2nd place. And i had to drive really carefully in the 1.40's the whole race.

I'm still amazed how Baumi was able to go that fast, 2nd place was 2 seconds off in qualy....or was that 4?

:(, we could have had a great battle, we both did one stoppers (ignoring my lap 1 stop)

jcm
My race was horrible. :grumpy:

At the very start I spun out and crashed into everyone and everything. I don't know whether or not anyone touched me or if I simply lost control on my on though. It felt like I got hit but I don't know for sure. If someone from behind saw what happened could you please tell me. I'd like to know (it was probably my fault but I'm not sure).

I was in 9th, my team-mate was in 10th, the last two spots of the field. I didn't have a front wing and I was about 40-50 seconds behind the leader. I pit on the first lap and went for the WET tires. I drove consistent 1:40s for about 17 laps and worked my way into 3rd. The tires finally gave out on lap 18 and I spun, letting Jerry get ahead. I then pit for intermediates which I would use for the rest of the race. I got back into third and finished there, about 10-15 seconds ahead of Jerry.

However on the last lap, Jerry was behind me, about to lap me. I didn't notice that it was him at first, then I realised on the main straight that I had a blue flag. He looked to be quite a bit behind me so I didn't pull over, I was going to pull over after the braking zone for turn 1. However, during the braking zone for turn 1 I got a 20-second penalty for ignoring blue flag!!! :eek: :mad: :banghead: 🤬 🤬 :banghead: :mad: 🤬 :banghead: 🤬 :banghead: :confused: 🤬 🤬 :mad: 🤬 :confused: :confused: 🤬 :grumpy:.

Because of this I finished in 4th.

The only good things are that
- I'm still in first in the championship (by one point(if I added it right))
- The new pit crew did not mess up :)

I tried to lap you not Jerry ;)
Well you held me up for nearly one lap so I think that is why you got the penalty

I tried to lap you not Jerry ;)
Well you held me up for nearly one lap so I think that is why you got the penalty

I got the blue flag message on the back straight and then again on the main straight. I was going to let you through at turn 1 but it gave me a penalty before I finished braking. Sorry if I held you up longer, I wasn't trying to.

Congragulations on the win though :cheers:

That was me in the Ferrari, I got hit from behind and spun out. I think this is what caused the pile up in first corner.

Luckily I wasn't involved in the first corner incident, I lost my front wing before that :lol:

jcm
I got the blue flag message on the back straight and then again on the main straight. I was going to let you through at turn 1 but it gave me a penalty before I finished braking. Sorry if I held you up longer, I wasn't trying to.

Congragulations on the win though :cheers:

well I was one minute ahead of 2nd place, so it didn't effect my race but it had a big effect on your finishing position.

well I was one minute ahead of 2nd place, so it didn't effect my race but it had a big effect on your finishing position.

Yeah, I would have understood a 10 second penalty, but I think a 20-second penalty was ridiculous. I would have finished in 3rd if it'd been a 10-second penalty.

Oh well, I'm not used to being lapped so I didn't know how long I had to pull over. Next time I won't get a penalty for this.

Back