a gallery into an empty space [speed thrills - 2.19.08]

These 3 latest TT shots are fantastic 👍 Picture-in-picture is a great idea. The super closeup is amazing ... look at those reflection on the visor :drool: The gixxer rm is just as great, the background is perfectly matched the bike itself! Great job es

thanx for any comments ive miss 👍

gloomy NSX-R front and rear:

if comments are good enough, or, at least offer good constructive critism then ill post the elise shots ive been holding onto for a while ...

The first one is awesome! The effect works well on that one. On the second one I don't like it as much being as the black color of the car gets lost and blended in with the background and everything else. Maybe if you dodged some areas real lightly to re-establish the lines of the car. But what do I know :confused: :lol:. Good job man I like it though.

thanks for the comments guys 👍

the first one, imo, also seems to have missleading feeling. like it could be one thing, but, could be something else :)

rally comp entry:

HM's as i get them to upload :(

The Rally stage is not going survive for too long with a TVR T350C on it, anyway great shot.

I like the shot, the colors and the elements combine themselves, but there is something wrong. I think that the angle is a bit exaggerated, it is too strong for the eye, and it looks like the car is falling, this combined with a detail in under the front wheel, that make the car look like it is floating. But good picture and edition thought.

lds - interesting. i didnt see the floating aspect of it. but, the angle is part of the appeal to me :)

NC9 Final Entry

Honourable mentions

:)

Final entry

here kittie kittie! :D

Final Entry

:)

TT PMC - Mean Green

i want to use one of these for my second TT PMC entry with the theme "mean green" meaning any kawasaki. the black bike is a ZX-10R at fuji 2005 and the green bike is a ZX-6R at Fuji '80s.

2.0 71 - scenery

first off, what do you guys think of the skies? since image ready doesnt have blur/smudge tools like photoshop/etc. i was trying a combination of smart blur and gaussian blurs. some look fine with the smooth sky, others just lost details ... hmm ...

i also wanted to bring out a strong contrast of the blue sky and the red city. once again, it works sometimes and others i lost blue and red and gained purple since red + blue = purple. ive yet to still really play with layers, though, layer masks seem to be really easy to use. i think id use the new york shot if the trees didnt look so bad.

they might all be a little too bright as well. :indiff:

Sweet photos. I specially love some of your last work as you can see in the polls. The E-Type and cool aspect ratio - composition in your TT photos are my favourites.

About the skies, I like the idea, the combination of colors are good and the different wide angles gives a new vision of the place. To change the colors, I usually cut the image un layes to adjust the color balance separately, but there are a lot of methods depending n the situation.

For blurring the sky, there are also a few options. The main problem in this cases are those edges, and it's difficult to explain with words. The sky must be selected correctly, because if you add a bit of the buildings, the blur filter will mix both sides.

If you want to keep the clouds, you can an artistic blur to re-define the clouds, and selective gaussian blur to smooth the sky. Or you can blur the sky, and paste the original clouds in "linear dodge mode". As I say, depends on the situation.

Salu2.alexwrc

The scenery shots are all nice, I most like the first two of the night scene. The more yellow ones seem a little too bright. The NY scaffolding is a good one 👍

i love the scenery pics!!! they're awesome and they're so alive. the rest of the updates are looking good as well, but my favorite has to be the 2nd to the last scenery pic, with the lights on the road and all. the tone, colors and everything suit the location very well.

That TT shots look really great
Has for skys, I love the2nd Shibuya Shot. The first is a bit weird, but the rest are very good. For scenery shot, I really love the NY one and the 3rd shibuya. 👍

alex - thanks for the critism. any suggestions on how to make the trees at look look believeable?

thanks for the comments guys, its nice to know they were all liked 👍 :)

and heres the small update and both were done with gimp.

1571947320_e3cb523125_o.jpg
1571948520_dd35c0d109_o.jpg

im not a fan of the focal/zoom blur of the first one. just not my style, but, i wanted to see how itd turned out. should have done multiple little blurs like mentioned everywhere, but, oh well. the ghost effect is kind of annouying, but, not too much.

the gausion blur back round came out a lot better. i like using imagereadys smart blur or photofilters smart blur/ with a fade better than gimps selective gausion blur better for cleaning up the car. but, whatever. i still think it came out rather nice 👍

oops, forgot to add a little noise ... oh well :dunce:

They look good.👍 Theres got to be a way to reduce the ghost effect thing.

And I think the second one look even better if a little more of the ground was left unblurred.

Does Gimp use layers?

If so, all you have to do is delete the car out of the layer to be blurred, so it doesn't have those weird ghost images.

The shots on post #730 are really nice, I specially like the 1st wide-angle TT shot (beautiful framing and the green on the bike is astonishing), the NY scenery (very good light work on the buildings), and the 2nd to last night shot (best composition of them all and great work on the coloring). 👍

They look good.👍 Theres got to be a way to reduce the ghost effect thing.

And I think the second one look even better if a little more of the ground was left unblurred.

thanks 👍 i was thinking something similiar, but, i always wanted to try to keep the tables completely blurred. i also considered moving the non-blurred area up from the car. some how, it didnt look right.

you use gimp right? any tips on how to set up the smudge/blur tools? its all or nothing it seems though i dont know how helpfull your tablet setting will be with my touch pad :indiff:

nice remix!especially like the blur in the background, ill try that out later. Do you have photoshop aswell?

thanks 👍 i had photoshop, but, then the trial period ran out ... i like gaussion blurred backround better on non-motion shots. the zoom blur draws the eye, but, its not really moving though :indiff:

Does Gimp use layers?

If so, all you have to do is delete the car out of the layer to be blurred, so it doesn't have those weird ghost images.

The shots on post #730 are really nice, I specially like the 1st wide-angle TT shot (beautiful framing and the green on the bike is astonishing), the NY scenery (very good light work on the buildings), and the 2nd to last night shot (best composition of them all and great work on the coloring). 👍

thanks 👍

yeah, gimp uses layers, but, i think i did the blurring wrong. i just used one big zoom blur instead of several smallers ones making the "ghost" come out too far from the car. then that brings out another problem with the halo effect. suggestions?

Does Gimp use layers?

GIMP does use layers, and thats how I did my blur, deleting the car from the layers, then doing the zoom blur, but I still get the ghost effect, just very minimal.

@[ES]- I do use GIMP, but I recently downloaded GIMPshop, its got a setup more like PS does, I don't think anything besides the layout changed though.

I have my smudge tool set at a rate of 9.5, and my blur tool is set at 9.

Gah Beerz ive wanderded how to do it. i knew there was a simple way out!

Bah ive toiled with ghosts!

heh Team Gimp for the win!

Cool. I like the 2nd one better. I am not to found of the Gimp focal blur shots. Look so weird. 👍

I have to try gimp. Sounds a bit of a challenge, and I love challenges. And it can’t be too much different from Photoshop, isn’t it?

[empty space];2795085
do you leave flow rate set at 100?
I think so, I'm assuming that's also called opacity, if so then yes.
Gah Beerz ive wanderded how to do it. i knew there was a simple way out!

Bah ive toiled with ghosts!

heh Team Gimp for the win!
You can use the PS blur tutorial done by 440 Charger in GIMP.
LdS
Cool. I like the 2nd one better. I am not to found of the Gimp focal blur shots. Look so weird. 👍

I have to try gimp. Sounds a bit of a challenge, and I love challenges. And it can’t be too much different from Photoshop, isn’t it?
It's practically the same.

lds - gimp is basically the same thing, but, it doesnt have all the niffty filters. gimp is free and photoshop costs big $$$. but, once you figure gimp out, its more worth it 👍

ive a pretty good idea of whats wrong, but, im curious what everyone else thinks?

applied a smart blur with image ready and then the rest was done in gimp.

Not counting the MIA mirror, what makes it not work that well for me when viewed full-size is both the blurriness of the car and the motion blur, this one for 2 reasons:
On the left (and partially low) part of the image it's visible where it starts.
And on the upper/right part of the car (mainly on the area near the wing) you have that weird effect of something similar to blur-trails.

This all may be really easy to correct. Did you enlarge the canvas before applying the blur? How many layers of blur did you apply?

You're using Gimp or PS?

Try using several layers of blur with different intensities of blur each. The bottom blurred layer should have the intensity to a minimum to erase/minimize imperfections near the car's paint.

Latest Posts

Back