a little question.

Yes I know it is possible because I've used the Arcade test course to track records that will eventually show up in sim mode. You can do a time trial or an actual race at the Test track in Arcade mode.

But to "open" the Test Track, you gotta finish most or all of the licenses in Sim mode (I believe up to IA or S). Then you must save your game, take out the sim disc, and use the same memory card to open up the Arcade disc.

Along with the Test course, you'll open other gems such as the Rome Nite course and Motorsport Land :D

Last edited:
ok. then if i were to pick a car in my home garage such as the stp viper, would i face cars of the same class or cars like the vector m12 or a nsx.

thanks again

ok. then if i were to pick a car in my home garage such as the stp viper, would i face cars of the same class or cars like the vector m12 or a nsx.

thanks again

The STP is overkill. The GT2 Arcade isn't like GT3. In other words, you'll be up against cars that don't have downforce and full-custom parts (the way an STP does). In GT3, the game would surely put you up against such monsters as the Mazda 787B and Toyota TSO20, but in GT2, the game can only max you against cars that are fast but DON'T have extra downforce. I'm forgeting the best cars GT2 can deliver but you get the point...Basically an STP (if you can control it) will use the AI cars up like a roll of Charmin.

Last edited:
You would face cars from the same Arcade class (and only ones in the Arcade mode class lists)

eg:
STP Viper: Class S, you would face other cars in Class S in Arcade mode
(note: the game ONLY uses cars in the Arcade Mode C, B, A and S selections - you will never race against a TVR Speed 12 or a BMW 840 etc)
(if that makes sense)

:)

edit: Tree'd! :grumpy:

You can race against cars similar to yours (regardless of what it is) in the Event Synthesiser, however (complete S licence to unlock).

Beat the Special Licence and see ;)

j/k, it's a thing where you can race on randomly chosen tracks, on different difficulty levels (easy is 2 laps, Intermediate is 3 laps etc, up to Pro which is 5 race series) in your car, and the game will pick cars of similar performance to yours to race against.

Beat the Special Licence and see ;)

j/k, it's a thing where you can race on randomly chosen tracks, on different difficulty levels (easy is 2 laps, Intermediate is 3 laps etc, up to Pro which is 5 race series) in your car, and the game will pick cars of similar performance to yours to race against.

Actually, they're all 2 lap races, at least in my version (Greatest Hits 1.2 NTSC). A bit of a disappointment, really. But other than that, the Event Synthesizer rules. It surprises since it chooses from a vast selection of the many cars in GT2. You never know which track you'll be at next, and if you enter a car below 500 hp or so, you'll never know which cars you'll be up against. :D

I have PAL (the version with 100.91%), and I'm sure the laps increase on the harder difficulty levels. Then again, they might not (haven't played it for ages, I put GT2 on yesterday, but even on the PS2 the graphics were crap, so I turned it off and put GT4 back in)

Yeah, that'll be an interesting experiment! 💡 Personally, I don't mind the shoddy graphix, and I've had no problem going back to GT2 from GT3, since the third game lacks tons of cars, but what about GT4? I bet when I finally get into GT4 hardcore, the 2nd game will become "been there/done that/old hat!" But we'll see.

I like 'em all...i never touch Gt1 anymore (except to research the occasional car to see how it evolved) but I have fond memories of the first game. :sly:

Last edited:
It's in GT Mode.

Now, this is off the top of my head, so isn't necessarily correct.
Go Race -> the national events (like Germany, France etc - top left on Go Race menu) -> go to the GTWC page -> go one page further = Event Synthesiser.

It's in GT Mode.

Now, this is off the top of my head, so isn't necessarily correct.
Go Race -> the national events (like Germany, France etc - top left on Go Race menu) -> go to the GTWC page -> go one page further = Event Synthesiser.

You are correct. It's on the sim disc > GT mode > and at the top of the World Cup page there's an arrow. Push this arrow and there's the Event Synthesizer page. Happy racing.

Ignore, didn't read PB's post properly :dunce:

My favorite Event Syn races were with an old muscle car! Equip it with 400 to 500ish horsepower, and the game responds with Mine's Skylines and other such devils! :D Talk about some serious racing!

And because the Pro level was a 5-race championship (alas, no prize car ;)), you could have bags of fun for a fair while :D

Shame GT4 only has the Family Cups, which are too short :(

Back