A month later, your opinion on GTSport?

• Thread starter queleuleu
  • 430 comments
I think the only way to weed out all the rammers and destruction derby drivers is a subscription based league where repeated failure to follow rules ends in exile and loss of entrance/subscription fees.

Until something like this happens there will always be people with NFS racing style trying to ram their way to front.
That will definitely work to keep out the bad seeds but I fear we'd be racing in lobbies of two and three players at a time as a result.:ouch:. After all, who would want to be exiled?:(

Observing my PSN friends list (which is far from just hardcore sim racers) I've been struck by just how many are playing GT Sport. Exclusives wise, I've only seen Uncharted 4 and Horizon Zero Dawn with as many playing. Also noteworthy is the sheer amount of time people are playing (this includes livery creators). My final observation is a second wave of players who've started since the Black Friday sales. I'm guessing there'll be another wave of new players once Christmas presents are opened.

Against expectations (pre-launch content discussions) there are multiple hooks in the game that keep people coming back, from the online racing, time trialling, livery creator, and just catching up on friends timelines and uploads. Logging in on a daily basis is becoming the norm for me, even if I don't plan to race.

I haven't touched the game in a couple of weeks. I am still waiting for a decent SR system fix, as I frankly do not have the time or patience to get punished for the mistakes of other people.

All in all, I currently consider GTS a substantial disappointment.
Absolutely hate such comments. Totally wrong post on all levels. SR system is not perfect but its damm fine.

Get Better i say and improve rather than moaning about a very well executed Online Racing System.

I think the only way to weed out all the rammers and destruction derby drivers is a subscription based league where repeated failure to follow rules ends in exile and loss of entrance/subscription fees.

So iRacing then.

I think the problem is that the races are too short so everyone is trying to get to the front as quickly as possible.

Having 30+ laps would sort things.

Ageee, but then you risk having people quitting that are so far behind they’ll take a hit on their driving ranking than finish the race. Guarantee you. And after an experience like that they’ll reconsider ever trying an endurance race again.

I wish endurance races were the answer but I doubt it would fix anything.

Absolutely hate such comments. Totally wrong post on all levels. SR system is not perfect but its damm fine.

Get Better i say and improve rather than moaning about a very well executed Online Racing System.
"Get better":lol:. Very curious advice. If the system was damn fine as you say, you wouldn't have to get better because the racing would be clean no matter where you started on the grid and how fast your competition was.
I think the problem is that the races are too short so everyone is trying to get to the front as quickly as possible.

Having 30+ laps would sort things.
30 lap races come with their own inherent issues, mostly revolving around how many people will actually stick around until the end and getting wrecked out early by someone with the intention of just trolling and wrecking a few people for gits and shiggles. It's also very likely you'll have a spread out field with little actual racing, low participation figures etc. In a league situation I enjoyed the challenge of longer races with tire wear and fuel consumption but in a room full of randoms it would be pure luck to find a field of like minded individuals ready to race clean and stick around until the bitter end regardless of their field position IMO.

What an ignorant response. You know absolutely nothing about me or my skill level.

Given that there are numerous threads here on the absolute mess that is the SR system - and a lot of evidence in the form of videos for example - I would say that my comment is quite accurate.

If anything, calling the system "very well executed" indicates a substantial level of willingness to ignore the problems.

I like the direction they are heading with GT. The physics are a decent improvement over GT6 and for me it's much easier to drive on a pad than any other sim game I've played, good feedback too. You can drive more on the front while older GTs it was more like with the rear. Now they just need to fix traction issues and FWD handling, then it will be much more enjoyable to drive.

Sounds are getting more realistic although a bit tinny, it needs more bass.

The safety rating and penalty system I don't think work well enough. I haven't tried it how it is in latest update but in old version, you could be in a race that is a bit like demolition derby and still keep S rating and improve it as long as you stay on track on your own accord. Penalties can be a bit controversial but I guess it is a bit like how FIA implement it. I remember when Vettel moved under braking to cover Ricciardo's dive-bomb in Hungary last year and got a 10 second penalty for it helping Ricciardo to end up with a podium position. Also tactic of bashing the lead driver out the way was done in last FIA F2 race this year on last lap and race victory was reward. I can see why the game awards penalties in the manner it does and why some players drive the way they do given optimistic dive-bomb drivers tend to be rewarded in real FIA sanctioned races and that's sadly the way it also is in GT SPORT but to an even greater extent due to lack of serious damage and casual nature of it being just a game. Thankfully it's easy to get rid of big time penalties so isn't all too bad if you get hit with a ridiculous 10 second penalty by being hit by another driver, however probably possible to game that to some kind of advantage.

Driver rating looks like it works better. Lower ratings it seems you are treated as a peasant caged with other peasants and then let out near the end to battle on qualifying laps and race like it's death race. Thankfully it doesn't take too much effort to go up quite a few ratings where it gets much better and feels a lot more civilised although a tad boring. Highest ratings seems like a long grind so should be a sign of competency if one gets to A and S will be like you stating you live in a basement to other players.

Anyway, I think it would be awesome if Sony were to release a next-gen handheld console next year with GT available on it, I would likely play it more then especially if a much faster CPU allows for better gameplay. I think it would be great timing for a handheld next year if possible to release with 7nm SoC that has Cortex A75 and A55 cores, should stand the test of time quite well then. They could use any further advancements in hardware to up the resolution or just reduce power consumption for better battery life. GT SPORT seems already ideal for a handheld game due to fast loading, touch input looks like it will work well with UI and motion and standard controls are top notch.

What are the time trials like? GT5P or GT5 tuned?

I liked the stock GT5P ones with N and S tyres. Don't really care for exploiting tunes, stumbling on setting quirks, not into GT5's way at all.

This is absolutely Unreal driving simulator. Sadly but after all this years of GT series this is shame work for PD. OK there is some fun parts of the game like livery editor. But driving physics are terrible. 👎

Back