A.R.S. GT Series Season 1 | Congrats to our champions, Nascarfan and Ph1sherFinished 

• Thread starter aceboy127
  • 460 comments
If you played the beta (which I don't know if you have or not) all the top drivers (setted, IOF Racing, gtr) used wheels. It was near impossible to catch them or beat their times and I only say near because I only beat them like about 5 times or so. Even in the seasonal events all the top drivers use wheels. We just have to pray they wear their tires out at a faster rate and have to pit more
Maybe they're just better? I killed some guys on controller on beta, and the guys who beat me on wheels in the beta beat me on wheels on GT6 even on an even playing field. I agree theres an advantage, but not so much that controllers are useless. Look at bambi.

Which reflects back to the BoP. I know my relative pace at any given track and any given car, so when I know I should be at the very least within a certain gap per lap... whether they are wheel or pad is irrelevant. If the gap is MUCH more than I know it usually is, I know there is a problem.

Imo I think at least my car is okay on pace. I know trick and Ph1sher are just simply put at a much higher calibre, Jammy and I were having solid battles. So at least on those two cars I think its ok.

Ph1sher has mastered the art of driving quick while conserving tires. He can run a fast lap obviously but is also really good at keeping a steady consistent pace which allows him to save on tire wear. This is evident at spa where he ran away with it. Beating the closest competitor by over a min!! Very impressive. Our panned strategy was good. Minus the 5 liters I needed to finish the race which forced me to pit on the last lap :(. I found that race to be loooong and at the last pit stop. I just wasn't thinking clearly enough to make certain I had enough fuel. Enduro racing is for the young.

Maybe they're just better? I killed some guys on controller on beta, and the guys who beat me on wheels in the beta beat me on wheels on GT6 even on an even playing field. I agree theres an advantage, but not so much that controllers are useless. Look at bambi.
Who's Bambi? Yea they could be better but we won't know until we're using the same devices. I didn't even say controllers are useless, just that wheels have a great advantage over controllers

Look at bambi.
Who's Bambi?
8027139532_e7d4a75313_m.jpg

Oh your picture is Bambi...and your PSN is Bambi....you must be Bambi
You must be a detective :P

In all honestly, youd be suprised how much is in driving style and how much is in setup. I usually question the BoP, make an adjustment, and then pick up like 3 tenths.

You must be a detective :P

In all honestly, youd be suprised how much is in driving style and how much is in setup. I usually question the BoP, make an adjustment, and then pick up like 3 tenths.
I have solved countless mysteries but this was my greatest challenge by far, right up there with discovering who ate the last Kit Kat in my house.

There are circumstances where lowering the hp or pp can result in a faster time especially at more dangerous tracks like some of the Matterhorn layouts

Same mistake here :)
Even without damaged (on lap 59) I should had to pit too for fuel.
...I found that race to be loooong and at the last pit stop. I just wasn't thinking clearly enough to make certain I had enough fuel..

Top 5 was possible for me, without contact with Nascar and better seconds stint.

My strat was good on the GtR, tire wear was bad on full fuel tank, but pass the first quarter my tune work perfectly.

I was slow on straight tho, but consistent in corners.

Monza will be really different.

Gw to Phisher, see you on Monza

The Audi's fuel wear was convenient enough that I was running half fuel since the first round of pit stops, that and the car found some pace in the dark. I knew the Corvettes were somewhat out of touch given how the car was and the drivers that were in it, but to get a 2nd after everything is more than I'd ask for.

The Audi's fuel wear was convenient enough that I was running half fuel since the first round of pit stops, that and the car found some pace in the dark. I knew the Corvettes were somewhat out of touch given how the car was and the drivers that were in it, but to get a 2nd after everything is more than I'd ask for.

My run in the dark wasn't very consistent. I found myself dropping pace to help slow tire wear. I think you made some good ground on me through the night. When day approached I was back on track pace wise. With 7 laps left however I started to realize I might not have enough fuel. Again. I tried to conserve. But with you breathing down my neck I really couldn't.

In the end I had to pit or I would have most likely run out of fuel 1/4 way though last lap. A hard pill to swallow. 4 more liters and I would have been fine. Such a tough way to lose a position.

I've learned a lot about pace in that race. I'm definitely wiser for it now. It's super important not to loose your focus despite having a decent lead early on. You need a plan when your conserving "energy". To help keep focus. I didn't really consider what that was. And it ended up costing me.

Still really fun a lot of fast racers. Just a bit too long in my view. 1.5hrs sounds a lot more like my kind of race. :)

@lllTrick
I was actually worried if you had that kind of pace on harder tires since you and Phish stretched out your stints unbelievably long. My fuel was fine for 15 laps each stint but my tires dropped off badly after 10 so all I could do was try and push to build a gap for when you pitted.

If you had enough fuel for the last lap, it would have been quite close. I didn't have that much grip left, having used them all up trying to close the gap after my last stop.

I use a DS3 and back in Laguna Seca on Indy Lights I started on pole, got to the back twice due to my own mistakes and still won the race. On the Camaros at Apricot Hill I went to the back after getting involved in a first lap crash with @aceboy127 and still managed to pick one by one and win that race as well. Controller users can be faster than wheel user, all comes down to skill. :D

I use a DS3 and back in Laguna Seca on Indy Lights I started on pole, got to the back twice due to my own mistakes and still won the race. On the Camaros at Apricot Hill I went to the back after getting involved in a first lap crash with @aceboy127 and still managed to pick one by one and win that race as well. Controller users can be faster than wheel user, all comes down to skill. :D
Yes they can, but the fastest wheel will always be faster than the fastest controller. I remember scanning through the top 100 back in GTAcademy and couldn't find a single controller. It's unfortunate that there's a difference but that's life and it won't always be equal

Yes they can, but the fastest wheel will always be faster than the fastest controller. I remember scanning through the top 100 back in GTAcademy and couldn't find a single controller. It's unfortunate that there's a difference but that's life and it won't always be equal

That's true but you can always rub in the face of a wheel user that he just got beaten by a controller. :lol: When it's a beating, that's even better! :mischievous: :lol: :sly:

@lllTrick
I was actually worried if you had that kind of pace on harder tires since you and Phish stretched out your stints unbelievably long. My fuel was fine for 15 laps each stint but my tires dropped off badly after 10 so all I could do was try and push to build a gap for when you pitted.

If you had enough fuel for the last lap, it would have been quite close. I didn't have that much grip left, having used them all up trying to close the gap after my last stop.

What did you have left for tires at the point I had to pit?

Whatever this is is only a small sample size of drivers. I'm talking about fastest as in fastest in the game. If someone was really as fast as a wheel then I would've noticed it in GTAcademy
We all already know that having a steering wheel has its advantages. My point is that controller users can still be mega competitive in tuning enabled events, as well as some tuning prohibited events, if they put in the time and effort. At the end of the day no one really cares if you're on a controller or not, or if you think you would have beaten others if you had a wheel. You have what you have and how you perform is determined by the amount of effort you decide to invest into each race to learn the track, tune your car to perfection, and engineer your strategy to maximize the time you can earn in the pit lane.

We all already know that having a steering wheel has its advantages. My point is that controller users can still be mega competitive in tuning enabled events, as well as some tuning prohibited events, if they put in the time and effort. At the end of the day no one really cares if you're on a controller or not, or if you think you would have beaten others if you had a wheel. You have what you have and how you perform is determined by the amount of effort you decide to invest into each race to learn the track, tune your car to perfection, and engineer your strategy to maximize the time you can earn in the pit lane.
But I already agreed with Michelin that some people using controllers can be faster than some people using wheels

But I already agreed with Michelin that some people using controllers can be faster than some people using wheels
Then why keep stretching the arguement? They each have their pros and cons, its not a guarantee that one is faster than the other. Id venture a guess that the only reason the trends show wheels seem to be faster are because many people have lots of experience from real life driving and racing, its comfortable. But even so, I cant even count on both my hands and feet the number of controller guys that can kick my ass. Its all down to preference and skill.

Then why keep stretching the arguement? They each have their pros and cons, its not a guarantee that one is faster than the other. Id venture a guess that the only reason the trends show wheels seem to be faster are because many people have lots of experience from real life driving and racing, its comfortable. But even so, I cant even count on both my hands and feet the number of controller guys that can kick my ass. Its all down to preference and skill.
Because it's like you all are trying to say that a controller is just as good as a wheel when it's not. It's like you all think I'm attacking you personally or something :lol: I've never seen anyone's name in here before I signed up except yours so nothing's personal. But I say wheels are better and then everyone gets their big boy pants on and tries to prove that the statement is wrong :boggled:

I think they're better just because you can have greater control of how much the car turns or maybe a wheel can turn it farther than a controller? I don't know

when I shifted from controller to a wheel , it took me a long time before I went faster with the wheel , which allmost made me go back to a controller , but in the event where you shall drive the Red Bull Psyko car it didnt take me long before I went about 10 sec faster on 2 laps at suzuka with the wheel , and after that it took me a long long time before somebody convinced me about using manuel gearbox and now after using manuel for over a year I still am faster with autogearbox on some tracks , but most likely becuse I dont put in the practise time I need , all in all , practise makes perfect as they say

What did you have left for tires at the point I had to pit?
6-5 but understeer was mad.

Because it's like you all are trying to say that a controller is just as good as a wheel when it's not. It's like you all think I'm attacking you personally or something :lol: I've never seen anyone's name in here before I signed up except yours so nothing's personal. But I say wheels are better and then everyone gets their big boy pants on and tries to prove that the statement is wrong :boggled:

I think they're better just because you can have greater control of how much the car turns or maybe a wheel can turn it farther than a controller? I don't know
Regardless of what tool you're using, you either know what you're doing or you don't when you're out on track. That's how I see it.

I believe some of the response is because you come off like having a controller is more of an excuse than anything. When Storm made his statement you replied saying, "It's the wheels. Wheels make you go uber faster than controllers." That sounds like an excuse to me and I believe others here can agree. We understand it's a disadvantage, one which I've dealt with on my way to all nine of my championships, but it is not an excuse.

I understand that you may not be trying to make excuses here and I can respect your frustration with how understeer-ridden the current Lancer is on a pad, but that's merely what it's sounding like. The internet is full of miscommunication and I've been on the bad end of it before. Just calling it as I see it, as it may be the reason for the responses you've received, as stated before.

Well what a weekend it was at Spa, I put a lot of practice into both cars and felt like I really found some more speed especially with a faster consistent pace. 👍

I have to thank my team mate @lllTrick for his commitment and efforts to work together as a team. We had some communication errors where he heard me telling him 60 liters and I was saying 65.

Regardless it was a fun race! The comeback at the lancer cup, and of course the GT Series. Thanks @aceboy127 for running this series, getting 11-13 racers for week 1 in series is outstanding! :cheers:

TnP Racing will be out of action this Saturday due to I won't be around, (Camping Trip with the Boys).

I plan to be there at Brands Hatch for my next apperance.

As of this whole wheel vs controller discussion as I've been apart of this type of discussion many times. How I look at it. Both controller and wheel users can be competitively fast. It just comes down to the driver himself how hard he can push himself weather it's tuning prohibited or not. Yes I think the wheel users has it's advantages however never ever count out the controller users. They can be quick.

As my racing idol told me. "For every race your in, you decide how fast you get to be" :sly:

I believe some of the response is because you come off like having a controller is more of an excuse than anything. When Storm made his statement you replied saying, "It's the wheels. Wheels make you go uber faster than controllers." That sounds like an excuse to me and I believe others here can agree. We understand it's a disadvantage, one which I've dealt with on my way to all nine of my championships, but it is not an excuse.

I understand that you may not be trying to make excuses here and I can respect your frustration with how understeer-ridden the current Lancer is on a pad, but that's merely what it's sounding like. The internet is full of miscommunication and I've been on the bad end of it before. Just calling it as I see it, as it may be the reason for the responses you've received, as stated before.
But they do make you go faster. It's the truth. Even in the livestream you could see the extra speed drivers with wheels could carry through certain corners that drivers with controllers couldn't. I never said you can't be fast with a controller. I'm saying wheels make you faster. That's exactly what I said. Wheels make you go faster than controllers. I'm not frustrated with the car. If you'd look back to previous posts I had quite an enjoyable time battling with Dylan and Michelin and catching ace. I was replying to someone's post about staying within race limits that it's difficult to do 100% because of how much understeer there is with the car with a controller, dirty air, and worn tires.
I stated a true statement that wheels make you go faster and for some reason people are upset about that. 'Maybe your just not as good' 'look at all these championships I've won'. That's great, if I really wanted to try hard I'd buy the best wheel and cockpit and whatever would be necessary but I don't want to because it's a video game that was made for fun and I take it in that way - to have fun. There's no reason to make excuses about something your doing just to have fun. If I wanted to make it as an excuse I would've said 'I could've won if I was using a wheel'. I don't know if I could win that race with a wheel but I do believe I would've been faster if I did use one but that is not what I said. The wheel comment had nothing to do with the Lancer race
It was a fun race and I look forward to getting an ambitious top 15 in both races next weekend

Last edited:
Back