A.R.S. Indy Lights S2(Red Bull Jrs)|Bowtie wins the Motegi 150 and aceboy127 wins the championshipFinished 

• Thread starter aceboy127
  • 431 comments
Manufactures Coming into Indy Lights. A 6 Part Story.
April 2nd 2015

During the next three weeks of the Indy Light Championship we will be covering the five engine manufactures that are looking at entering the Indy Lights paddocks.

Today we are in Brands Hatch with Caterham while they do some testing today. We caught up with Michael Gascoyne chief engineer for Caterham's F1 team.
Yes I know Caterham is no longer in F1.
So we asked him his thoughts on Caterham possibly joining the Indy Lights series as an engine supplier.

Here's what he told us. "I think it could be a good back up plan considering how things have been going lately on the F1 side of things. I definitely prefer working on this smaller engine. It doesn't really matter to me what they decide to do. I'll be happy either way."

We tried to get a look at who was driving the car. But we didn't get any results. We did ask someone working on the car who was in it. They didn't give me a very good answer. All they told me was Team ShockForce provided a car and a driver for our test here in Brands Hatch. As for the driver we are not at liberty to say who he/she is.

That narrows the driver list down to O. Cheez, or A. Sie. We are looking into getting more info on who the driver of the car is. If you have any info please contact us so we can inform everyone, and maybe get a story from the driver.

For now here are some pictures we got from the test while we were there.
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit.jpg
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_1.jpg
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_2.jpg

If we get any news involving this story we will let you know. Until then thanks for reading.

Oh wow this is some big news indeed, I had not heard Caterham had an interest in joining us over here, maybe they have future plans for Indycar. Either way great news and I am looking forward to what happens in the coming weeks.

Well if it indeed was a team Shockforce driver, then my money is on Mr.Cheez. Otherwise I am just as clueless as everyone else. I do realize Team Shockforce provided a car and driver, but that does not necessarily mean he/she is from the Indy Lights Series. I mean it could even be C. Melon if you know who that is.

Well if it indeed was a team Shockforce driver, then my money is on Mr.Cheez. Otherwise I am just as clueless as everyone else. I do realize Team Shockforce provided a car and driver, but that does not necessarily mean he/she is from the Indy Lights Series. I mean it could even be C. Melon if you know who that is.
Who know

Next Saturday, I wouldn't make the race because I have to work at 7:00pm-11:00pm.
Robbed for a four hour shift. I used to cashier at a local 7-11; the owner there would have me stock the cooler for the first hour then tell me it was slow and come back at the end of the day then repeat. Aargh!

I won't be able to make it to the next two races. I'm sick today and I have a charity event next Saturday. Hopefully I can make it to Autumn Ring and Motegi.

There is not a race today due to Easter being tomorrow. Hope you get better soon and have a good time at the charity event. We shall see you at Autumn Ring.

Hope everyone had a Happy Easter. It is time to get back to racing though. We will be running at Indy for the third and final time this season. Hopefully we can have a big field this weekend and have some great racing.

Rumours have been around that Matheus Michelin would be looking for a open seat in a top team for next season... :odd:
Hmmm... I wonder what this means. Or better yet who has been contacting you. :lol:
It looks like that Laguna dominance paid off, now to win an oval race and turn more heads. 👍

Indy Lights Race Review and Recap
April 9th 2015

After a spectacular win by Matheus Michelin in Laguna Seca. It's time for the drivers of the Indy Lights Series to head back to Indy for the 3rd and final time of the season.

We witnessed some great racing two weeks ago in California. But after a week off they get back to racing in Indy. The last time we visited Indy was for the All-Star race. The winner of that race was Sam Reed. With 3 races to go the leader of the points is Alex Baldwin with 97 points. That's 18 points more than the second place driver of S. Reed.

Here are some photo's from the race in California:
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_14.jpg
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_12.jpg
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_11.jpg
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_9.jpg
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.jpg

Over the course of the last two weeks we've learned that five manufacturers are planning on joining the Indy Light paddock. We've also found out that Matheus Michelin will be signing with another team at the end of the season. The team he'll be signing with hasn't been released yet.

Thanks for reading and good luck to all the drivers that will be racing in Indy this weekend.

Back