A-spec American Racing and Non-Racing Car Expert Challenge: Death Valley original course

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 240 comments
Easy win with 2J and 2D. Tough win (because of tire wear) with Ford GT LM and Corvette Z06 Race. Less aggressive is better with GT and Z06 (slow in, fast out of turns). Actually made me a better driver (after about 8 hours and several adjustments) No penalties is essential to win. This was a challenge!

Started with RH for 4 laps and then RM for 3 and 3. If you cant make RH last for 4 laps no sense continuing. Tried RH for 5 and 5 but just lost to much time on lap 5 and 10 to be competitive.

Thank you for taking the time from your busy day to respond to my request. I hope to be able to help you someday!! I will get back to you if I win or not. If I make any changes to your tune I will share them with you. Have a great and “Happy New Year”.
Won with your tune but not pretty. Thank you!! Your tune was much better than anything that I could come up with. Great job@GTsail

Lap 9 of 10.
Nearing the front straight, passing the pit entry.
3rd place. In front of me is the ford gt LM II test car.
Coming up on lapped traffic. Lapped car is in right lane, the ford gt passes, then the lapped car cuts across to enter the pits and just obliterates me.
23 minutes in to this 25 minute race I get taken out by the AI. This was my 3rd attempt of the race as well. I can't even. I just can't.

Video of the tragic event.
Warning: video may insight anger and hatred toward AI.

I had the exact same thing happen to me but it was lap 8 and I was .632 from the leader. Put on RS, 10 liters of fuel and ended up finishing 6th. This track is giving me fits. It was suggested I learn the track. Is there somewhere to run this track without being in the race? So far I have run this race 10+ times and have yet to get a win. I'b be happy with a 3rd as I don't want the car or the silver paint. I mentioned in another post that I have used 6 different cars including the 2J with @praiano63 tune. Evidently I haven't learned it well enough because I haven't gotten through 1 race without some sort of penalty. The worst was the ramming penalty for getting knocked into the pits. I'll keep trying as you don't have many choices for cars to use.

Anyone win with the viper gtsr? Very rewarding car to drive but isnt terribly fast which makes it a challenge...

Yes, I have. Is anyone surprised????:D:dopey::D

Though I'm not sure I kept a picture. Sounds like I'll need to run the race again:drool::crazy::D

:cheers:GTsail

Put on RS, 10 liters of fuel and ended up finishing 6th.
Run with RH. I used the 2D. If I recall correctly, I also believe that I maxed out the downforce in the car setup. With this you can run the first sweeping wide right flat out.

Used the SRT Viper GTS-R # 91 and was able to just crack under 25 minutes with a 24:59.591 time:)

24183816396_700b91b969_b.jpg

The Viper GTS-R is a fairly easy car to drive and makes short work of the AI on the Death Valley track except for when you are on the long S/F straight where the Viper GTS-R is a little top-speed challenged so the AI can hang with you. My fastest lap was a 2:19.860. If I run the Viper GTS-R again, I might take off some down-force and see if I can go a little faster on the S/F straight. Thanks @kleefton for mentioning the Viper GTS-R:tup:

Used the SRT Viper GTS-R # 91 and was able to just crack under 25 minutes with a 24:59.591 time:)

24183816396_700b91b969_b.jpg

The Viper GTS-R is a fairly easy car to drive and makes short work of the AI on the Death Valley track except for when you are on the long S/F straight where the Viper GTS-R is a little top-speed challenged so the AI can hang with you. My fastest lap was a 2:19.860. If I run the Viper GTS-R again, I might take off some down-force and see if I can go a little faster on the S/F straight. Thanks @kleefton for mentioning the Viper GTS-R:tup:

Yeah I think the balance on that car is awesome, but like you said it lacks top speed. But I can barely win the event with it. You must be much faster than me with nailing a sub 25 sec with it. The problem I have with that car is that it eats tires pretty quickly. I use a Hard, Hard Soft strategy but it's a struggle to do 4 laps on the hards.

Anyone else have problem with this seasonal. I mean PS3 freezed every time after the race, so I can't get my prize.
Any ideas how to fix this?

Finally i've officially won this race. A golden cup, heaps of money and a Tank car have been presented to me, :D as the game didn't crash.:bowdown: I sold the Tank car immediately after the race as it is identical to the one i already had. Don't know why i struggled so hard to win it.:confused:

I've won the race with the Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II, leading by 15 seconds. Strategy was 2 pitstops (lap 4 and 7) and RH tires only and the car was set up with much more oversteer as compared to my preferred setups.

Finally i've officially won this race. A golden cup, heaps of money and a Tank car have been presented to me, :D as the game didn't crash.:bowdown: I sold the Tank car immediately after the race as it is identical to the one i already had. Don't know why i struggled so hard to win it.:confused:

I've won the race with the Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II, leading by 15 seconds. Strategy was 2 pitstops (lap 4 and 7) and RH tires only and the car was set up with much more oversteer as compared to my preferred setups.
I might have found solution for the game crash. Follow the link above that GTsail290 posted.

2D is actually faster than the artificially aerodynamic 2J. Turns better and conserve more fuel and tire. No ballast, High Aero, Racing Hards, Low Turbo, and Power limiter. Great for beginners.

trying this, using racing hard, pit at start of lap 6 due to a spin that made me pretty much skip from 5 to 3 tire health, was in position 6 after pit... eventually position 1 at start of lap 8, just driving carefully not at the edge like a time trial which would wear out the tires fast

won 25:16.062 (23sec ahead)

although silly me, i was paused in the other race earlier, lost internet, assumed it would auto sign me in again like steam does, nope... ended up doing both of these expert races at 0% bonus even though i was logged in earlier at 200%, oh well.. not my primary account

Comfortable win with the Cadillac CIEN '02. I may run the CIEN again with a better tune, because I feel that I wasn't pushing the CIEN as hard as I could have. The CIEN can reach an impressive top-end speed on the S/F straight:

23687563293_3f865c3d4c_b.jpg

Fun track,HORRIBLE invisible walls! WTF? So much again for being "real driving simulator". At least give us a chance to put one or two wheels off at the apexes.
Did a re-con race with a Cobra Daytona and finished a lowly 11th. Now to find a tune for my 2J or some car.
Still has better driving physics than Forza. :D

View attachment 497057 Don't know how many others have used the Tomahawk S but when I'm not driving poorly can average 2:16's on RHs. Its still a 2 stopper for tires but I'm pretty sure I could 1 stop it if I tried. Fuel wise, its a sipper and easily 1 stop the race.
How were you able to reduce the Tomahawks pp down to 620??? The lowest I can go is 632!

How were you able to reduce the Tomahawks pp down to 620??? The lowest I can go is 632!

I think that my Tomahawk Vision S is showing 627PP (it has been driven for about 2500 miles), so I think that you should be able to get yours lower than 632PP.

I don't know about getting the PP down to 620. That would imply quite a bit more engine wear. Perhaps if the Tomahawk was run for 5000 miles:eek:

Here's a picture of my heavily used Tomahawk Vision S, its been driven 2943 miles:
24059368890_17c0715f5a_b.jpg

Since my blue Tomahawk Vision S was received as a prize car for one of the Seasonal races, I decided to buy a new one and see what it looks like, so see below for a white Tomahawk that was just purchased today:
24246820842_cf88c6f63e_b.jpg

Its PPV is 627 just like my heavily used Tomahawk, so the mileage on my blue Tomahawk hasn't reduced the horsepower or the PPvalue. Perhaps prize cars don't exhibit engine wear??? I will put some miles on the white Tomahawk and see if the horsepower changes.

Last edited:
Prize cars do have engine wear, at least this one does. I was already close to that point so I pushed on just to see if it would get a low enough rating. My PR a 2:13.25 and I am by no means a fast driver. I think this car could easily run sub 2:10's.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 26
I've been trying the Ford Falcon, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 2nd.
I've tried weight all the way down and max power allowed at 500pp, and max weight set up also. And a middle ground, and also 1 set up with low turbo.
This car is a tōge-master in the rain (the way I tuned it), and can out maneuver any car. But its top speed at 500pp is just junk.
Soooo close on one of them.

RE Amemiya RX7 GT300 Base Model '06 (8:35:794)

20160507_202739.jpg

Racing Soft Tires
52/42
12.00/15.00
3/4
4/3
3/6
0.0/0.0
0.0/+0.10
Brakes 8/7
Lsd 5/17/20
Power 100%, no parts added
Aero = 350/400
55kg @ -50
Transmission:
Max final
Auto 112mph
Final to 3.375

RE Amemiya RX7 GT300 Base Model '06 (8:35:794)

20160507_202739.jpg

Racing Soft Tires
52/42
12.00/15.00
3/4
4/3
3/6
0.0/0.0
0.0/+0.10
Brakes 8/7
Lsd 5/17/20
Power 100%, no parts added