A-spec, Expert Class Non-Racing Car Challenge: Suzuka Circuit

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 184 comments
so it not much my times it more my AI is ****ed up XD :) more times would be nice :)

FYI AI never ran anything less then 10:50 in my experience
I believe I had a 10:56 driving the Saleen S7, the only reason I won was because the AI in 1st and 2nd crashed on the last lap wallowed me to gain the lead.
I found a new situation last night, or, it's new to me.

I tried Diablo GT again, and it's looking good in the first attampt. I caught up with the leading car, but eventually I got a 2nd because of my own mistake in the last lap.

So I tried again immediately, I thought to myself, I'd make it if I could avoid mistakes. There I went and there's no problem in driving, I also got better overall lap time. However I didn't win, but dropped to 3rd.

Tried again, still no luck, I was doing OK but the AIs seemed doing even better. I dropped to 4th. I was pretty consistent, but the gap between me and the leading car got larger and larger.

I don't remember they were like this before, I mean, doing better and better in the same line-up. Some of them still rush into the sand from time to time, but the top 2 or 3 cars remain very calm and fast, so they just pulled away.

Anyone has found this? Is it something to do with the latest update?
I just rode their bumpers until the stress made them slip up in the Saleen S7, I could get close to them but not pass them. I needed them to crash in order to win it.

Honestly...I think someone at PD watched some youtube of ppl punting the AI and said "hmmm...wonder how they would like it...." I think it's payback for all the times i killed the AI drivers in gt4/5 (I have since stopped in gt6 nor have i ever rammed anyone online....that sucks when ppl do it)....take this statement as you will...i am at a neutral standing on this event...however i do enjoy it a change of pace from the normal AI lol

I don't remember they were like this before, I mean, doing better and better in the same line-up. Some of them still rush into the sand from time to time, but the top 2 or 3 cars remain very calm and fast, so they just pulled away.

Anyone has found this? Is it something to do with the latest update?

This is along the line of what I've mentioned here: #605

Did anyone else notice something like this?

My Gold Medal Car List (So Far)

My favorite was driving the Volkswagen W12 Nardo '01
My second was driving the Zonda C12S 7.3 '02
Third place and fourth place were a tie between the Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro Chrome Line and the Mclaren MP4-12C
5th place was the Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 Super Veloce '09
6th place was the Aston Martin One-77 '11
7th place was probably the most difficult and the most rewarding for me personally driving the Saleen S7 '02 (*Don't Use This Car If You're Looking For An Easy Win*)
8th place was the Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08
9th place was the Tommykaira ZZII '00

I hope this helps others, good luck and have fun! I'll probably race a few more cars around this track and afterwards add them to this list, cheers!
:tup:Agree with all the above
My fastest was the Nardo but the Aston Martin with praiano :bowdown: is just brilliant to drive..
Thanks PD for bringing back the ASpec but more expert and less beginners in future.

I think I'm done with this event.

It took me almost a whole night tonight finding cars, tuning them to competitive enough, and then attending this 'mission' race. And then, the more I tried, the unfairness seems getting worse and worse. Finally it's unbearable. I didn't even finish the last attempt, in the middle of lap 5. It's feeling that bad.

AIs block me in the S-bends by suddenly hitting the brake very hard at the apex.
Slam the door on me and throw me a penalty at the same time in any corner.
2 or 3 of them pinch me at the hairpin and dump another penalty at me.
Ram me off the track and make me spin in the back straight by their overwhelming power and speed.
After a period of clear trend I'm catching up, one or two rabbits suddenly pull away like the figher jet takes off from the carrier (me).
And they make less and less mistakes. Even when they're pushing hard.

The worst part is, all those bad things make me want to win even more, so I keep trying. But the unfairness goes beyond the margin of the car's available performance and my skill. I've been pretty consistent, but also constantly get unavoidable penalties and unexpected attacks.

Finally, I got a feeling of being set up.

I'm out.

Good luck.

I think I'm done with this event.

It took me almost a whole night tonight finding cars, tuning them to competitive enough, and then attending this 'mission' race. And then, the more I tried, the unfairness seems getting worse and worse. Finally it's unbearable. I didn't even finish the last attempt, in the middle of lap 5. It's feeling that bad.

AIs block me in the S-bends by suddenly hitting the brake very hard at the apex.
Slam the door on me and throw me a penalty at the same time in any corner.
2 or 3 of them pinch me at the hairpin and dump another penalty at me.
Ram me off the track and make me spin in the back straight by their overwhelming power and speed.
After a period of clear trend I'm catching up, one or two rabbits suddenly pull away like the figher jet takes off from the carrier (me).
And they make less and less mistakes. Even when they're pushing hard.

The worst part is, all those bad things make me want to win even more, so I keep trying. But the unfairness goes beyond the margin of the car's available performance and my skill. I've been pretty consistent, but also constantly get unavoidable penalties and unexpected attacks.

Finally, I got a feeling of being set up.

I'm out.

Good luck.
I felt the same way until I took gold home the first time using the MP4-12C, I know your struggle though getting gold in the Saleen S7 meant not getting a single penalty the entire race... with these AI that's not easy.

After trying this race with my R32 GT-R, I needed to find another car to try and dominate this event. While my trusty R32 tends to serve me well, its old understeer problem came back with a vengeance, earning me quite a few penalties.

I tried Exeter Tuning's NSX-R Prototype, and it really worked wonders.

1st Lap: I marvel at how well behaved it is on the first curve and get a feeling for what to expect the rest of the race. I wind up passing a C12S on the Dunlop curve. I get to the hairpin turn and a white Viper GTS dives into the sandtrap. I keep going along, finishing the first lap in 10th place.

2nd Lap: I pass a white Ford GT, a red ZZII, and a yellow ZR1 'Vette before I get to the S-curves, hot on the heels of two silver SLR McLarens. They're easily dispatched by the Dunlop curve. As I approach the hairpin, I'm treated to a minor farce: a white One-77 and a ACR Viper slip off into the sand, with the Aston Martin plowing nose-first into the barrier. The Viper recovers quickly and jumps ahead of me before I get back on the throttle out of the curve. I pass him on the exit of Spoon Curve. I end lap 2 in 3rd place, passing seven cars in the main pack.

3rd Lap: Next victim is a white Aventador, who I narrowly slipped by in the S-curves. Just leaves the white McLaren MP4 in 1st. (Little odd how many white vehicles were in this race.) Exiting Degner Curve, I swung a bit too wide and dipped a wheel into the sand, throwing off my balance a bit. I skid back and forth, but quickly recover, making it to the hairpin, with the McLaren already exiting. I spend the rest of the lap trying to chase it down, and the gap narrows. I cross the line in 2nd place.

4th Lap: By this point, the McLaren is about 2 seconds ahead of me. I fly through the first curve, absolutely minimizing deceleration and making use of as much of the roadway as I can. I am right on his bumper after the second S-curve. I squeak by before Dunlop Curve. With no more cars ahead of me, I have no more obstacles and can take the optimum line and shoot away from the rest of the field.

5th Lap: This was practically a time trial lap. I was free to use as much of the road as I pleased. By the hairpin, the McLaren was 10 seconds behind. I finish the race, well in first, and set the fastest lap. (a 2:00.397)

I may be late in saying this, but that tune linked in the OP will certainly give you the win if you're having trouble. All you have to do is be aware of the fact that it's an MR car, and remember to treat it as such. If you're too aggressive on the throttle on exits, the car is going to wind up biting back. Be nice and smooth with it, and she'll be just peachy.

Nice driving. And thanks for the report and advices.

Well, er..., I was not seeking a win. I've already had some (and mentioned in those forgotton posts). That's alright.

I kept on trying more possible cars (with probably less and less available performance) and got the experiences mentioned above.

Maybe, all those experiences of 'almost there but beaten by unfairness' told me it's enough.

1. Agressive, somewhat unreasonble, sometimes funny AI.
2. Unfair penalty.
3. Handicap

Only one or two maybe acceptable, but here we got all three.

OK, maybe it's for real 'expert'. And I can only pretend to be one with some certain cars.

Last edited:
I just rode their bumpers until the stress made them slip up in the Saleen S7, I could get close to them but not pass them. I needed them to crash in order to win it.

Just curious, I gave it a go in free run. The stock form is not a good ride indeed. And this big MR turns out to be nose heavy in weight distribution! I believe it's a bug, like Spiker C8.

Spent some time in tuning the suspensin and LSD, some ballast on the rear to make it 50:50, and took the options to make the power near 600pp etc. Then it's pretty capable. Not brilliant but OK in cornering, and very fast in the straight. I got a best lap time of 2:01 in the process of tuning and practicing. Seems a good enough time. (A let down is, this car lost the macho V8 notes in previous GTs, but a new sound not so pleasant.)

So, for the difficulty in overtaking, is it because your car was set too low in power?

Easiest win so far has been with the LFA Nurburgring package 12, oil change upgrades up to 600pp, stock basically.
at 560 pp too

Wow, then you must be very sharp in driving. I had tried it a bit in free run and gave up on bringing it to the event. Don't remember the detail, though.

My easist win was on R390 road car (tuned to 600pp). Give it a try and compare if you like.

You know what, this is one tough event but it's surprised me how easy I found a win in it straight after doing the Nurburgring TT.

I think it's all about patience AND having a Mclaren F1 on pole that seems to think there is no chicane at the end of each lap. He finished last but one. :)

Just curious, I gave it a go in free run. The stock form is not a good ride indeed. And this big MR turns out to be nose heavy in weight distribution! I believe it's a bug, like Spiker C8.

Spent some time in tuning the suspensin and LSD, some ballast on the rear to make it 50:50, and took the options to make the power near 600pp etc. Then it's pretty capable. Not brilliant but OK in cornering, and very fast in the straight. I got a best lap time of 2:01 in the process of tuning and practicing. Seems a good enough time. (A let down is, this car lost the macho V8 notes in previous GTs, but a new sound not so pleasant.)

So, for the difficulty in overtaking, is it because your car was set too low in power?
No it was because I drove the car on automatic without using fully customizable suspension, or a fully customizable transmission and did not use a LSD or ballast for weight, I just tuned it up to 600pp and drove it repeatedly until I learned the car enough and won it. I don't know really how to tune. My best lap was 2:02.25 I had the TCS on 7 because it was one of the most squirrely cars I've ever driven and ABS on 1 with the other assists turned off.

LS Chiou The R390 much smoother drive and better grip, easier drive then the LFA . At 560 the R390 suffered from top speed on straights, but still won.

Saleen ok at 600, no comparison to other cars. 10:30
Diablo ok stock mostly, changes camber and toe, Gallarodo much easier

Last edited:
The hardest part for me has been avoiding bad AI drivers whose sole purpose in life seems to be finding new ways to give ME a penalty when they drive poorly. They go off at the hairpin and spear me when they wrecklessly renter and i get a penalty. They plow into me while they forget to brake at the chicaine and i get the penalty. A car once came spinning through the hairpin and hit me. I got two penalties for that incident - the crash and going off course. Aside from that, it's great fun!

Just had the same thing happen! At the 1st gear hairpin, the freaking murcielago decides that brakes are for suckers, rear ends me at full speed... Punts me clear into the dirt and then I get assessed a 5 second penalty for "Ramming." Race=Lost. What kind of BS is that?

So finally won it, last lap drove it alone. Need to thanks the tommykaira for going wide in the first turn, huayra and aventador for leaving the track just before the hairpin and many thanks to the cerbera for taking himself and the F1 out at the hairpin. All this in the 4th lap

I have been using my favorite for all three of the A-spec races, such a fun little car.

image.jpg

King Praiano has quite a few 600pp cars on his list. Anybody had success with one of his. The Avendator tune is actually for 650pp. I'm gonna try the McLarem MP4 now. His other McLaren tunes have been great in the past. First try on this race so I'll report back.

King Praiano has quite a few 600pp cars on his list. Anybody had success with one of his. The Avendator tune is actually for 650pp. I'm gonna try the McLarem MP4 now. His other McLaren tunes have been great in the past. First try on this race so I'll report back.

@praiano63's MP4 tune is a good choice for those that are struggling with this TT. 👍
This car/tune combination is an easy gold.

Most of @praiano63's street car tunes in 600 PP range...
....and some of his 550PP and 500PP (Ex:GT40 Madrid TT tune) tunes can deliver gold.

--------------------------------------------

Note; my use of the word easy is not meant as boast...
...easy as in easy for my skill level, and Suzuka track seat time.

No alien here, but I did do the 1K km GT5 endurance event. :lol:
Also helps to give the AI a wide berth in the 6 or so danger zones.

Hats off to all the controller users.
Couldn't do it to save my life, thats why I use a wheel. 👍

Last edited:
Back