A-spec Expert Level Ferrari Challenge: Ascari Full Track

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 272 comments
It's funny... when I first tried this event a week ago, the first car I tried was the Dino, with a tune I had from a while back (probably praiano's). I didn't realize it then, but I think I was running on SH tires, because when I pulled the car out and applied your tune and started, I realized it was on SH and changed it.

So, based on that, I actually think I may have won this on SH a week ago... explains why I posted that the Dino was so squirrelly :) I'll have to go back this morning and try :)

Well I ran it several times on SH at 450pp and best I did was 2nd. I came within 2-4 seconds 3 or 4 times, but each time I was slowed along the way by varying degrees of "AI interference". I have the sense I could do it with a few more tries by putting together a clean interference-free run, bur I had to stop. Heading out of town for a few days so probably won't get another shot

Also I realized that the previous run from last week I mentioned above was before the "450pp challenge", so it was at 486pp :)

Well I ran it several times on SH at 450pp and best I did was 2nd. I came within 2-4 seconds 3 or 4 times, but each time I was slowed along the way by varying degrees of "AI interference". I have the sense I could do it with a few more tries by putting together a clean interference-free run, bur I had to stop. Heading out of town for a few days so probably won't get another shot

Also I realized that the previous run from last week I mentioned above was before the "450pp challenge", so it was at 486pp :)

Looks like the AI present a unique challenge, road block and rammers :lol: How's the car on SH tire ? I hope it's still handling well.

Three m'fer times in a row I have had that Enzo plow into me and spin me out, or spin me onto the grass and then he just takes off. The best is when he gets behind you -- does his LAPD pit maneuver and then YOU get the ramming penalty. That's just priceless. Three 2nd places in a row with my Dino. At least I won with it once (Nicks Forza Replica Tune). Ugh...I'm so mad at this Enzo! :mad:

Three m'fer times in a row I have had that Enzo plow into me and spin me out, or spin me onto the grass and then he just takes off. The best is when he gets behind you -- does his LAPD pit maneuver and then YOU get the ramming penalty. That's just priceless. Three 2nd places in a row with my Dino. At least I won with it once (Nicks Forza Replica Tune). Ugh...I'm so mad at this Enzo! :mad:
You will get the Enzo next time, is that stock or tune for the Dino you are using.

coryclifford you did good too and yes with the Dino it was a blast. Thank you.
I enjoyed this seasonal the best with the Dino also 👍

Alas I don't have the credits to purchase the most expensive cars ( I never took advantage of the money glitch)
A question for you @skeagracing " do you participate in the TTs?" I would love to see your times as I think they would be very good .

I like your constructive posts and your no assists videos :)

:cheers:

Wow nice forum about the a-spec, This was a hard race for me it took me 12 times before I won it. Man it so close to.
The in game cars would pump me a few times. I won coming up to the finish line. I will miss this race.

Ascari Full Track_2.jpg
Ascari Full Track_1.jpg

I enjoyed this seasonal the best with the Dino also 👍

Alas I don't have the credits to purchase the most expensive cars ( I never took advantage of the money glitch)
A question for you @skeagracing " do you participate in the TTs?" I would love to see your times as I think they would be very good .

I like your constructive posts and your no assists videos :)

:cheers:

Thank you for your kind regards but as far as TT I just don’t have any time to fit it into my schedule. I too like many others in this forum enjoy your posts as they have been a great help to me joeledward. The Dino was a trip that is for sure. I hope the next seasonal will be with race cars at 700PP.

So basically, it doesn't matter what car you use or what the PP is. As long as you run a clean race there's a chance that the Enzo will run off the track at either Gachot or Sebring, allowing you the win.
I did it with all the available cars in stock mode. The only real challenge was with the 512BB. For some reason, the Enzo attacked the crap out of that car. It took me out from behind four or five times late enough into lap 5 that I wasn't able to recover the lost position. Strange, as the cars that are slower than the 512BB didn't have this problem.

Anyway, the bizarre behavior of the AI doesn't bother me anymore. I know I'm going to win now every time I enter. For me, it's more fun "time trialing" with moving obstacles on the track.
Down to 11:04 with the Scuderia and a newfound appreciation for that car.

Last edited:
:mischievous:
GTO '84
550PP/488BHP/1,160kg

SUSPENSION:
(Racing brakes as u like)
100/100
9.10/12.50
3/4
4/3
0.5/0.5
-0.10/0.20

TRANSMISSION:
Set final to 2.500
Adjust max speed to 224
Individual gears stock
Set final to 3.350

LSD 8/25/12

POWER:
Computer, racing exhaust and intake tuning only.

All else stock, no oil change.
In the right hands this will demolish the Enzo. I achieved a personal best lap of 2:16.192!!
image.jpg

A stock California and SH tyres is a nice drive. A bit more wheel to wheel racing in the corners and a nice clean battle with the Enzo on lap 5. I could only manage 2:19s lap times so I think that set up the exciting finish. A second and a half in front.

I'm playing it safe with the AI mistakes giving me penalties now though. It's too similar to quick match, seeing other drivers mistakes getting an advantage over me. Perfect passing only and keep out of way of the top 5 AI. Let them pass and get an advantage elsewhere if you have to defend hard. There's plenty of long laps to get the eventual win.

Enzo battles are my favourite.
But this one keeps falling off at Gachot(sp?) for about 5secs on last lap.
Spoils the epic battle to the finish.
Does anybody know car or lineup or something where Enzo battles till end?

F430, Ascari still eludes me...

If you want a good battle try the Dino 246 GT '71 at 430pp using Praiano GT6 Tune just change the weight set to 0, ballast set to 0 and change the power limiter to 80.8 and see how you go with the Enzo. If you want use the Dino 246 GT '71 try it stock it is also a good battle.

You spend a lot of time smoking those tires. haha Ferraris require a light touch on the wheel.
But going backwards across the finish line, that was cool! hahahaha Well done!

Last edited:
Per skeagracing's recommendation, I ran a few races with stock Ferrari Dino 246GT`71 @ 497 PP with max power upgrade and max weight reduction. I Did bad in couple races with sport hard tires (2:27 fastest lap times). Then I upgraded the tires to Sport Soft and won 2 silvers plus 1 gold (with 2:18 fastest lap times). I had ABS-1 and driving line on because this track is brand new to me.

I notice that with sport hard tires, this car is a freaking drift car lol. I had so much fun drifting around haha. It is very predictable and fun to drive on sport hard. On sport soft, it is a crazy handling lightweight machine. This car is phenomenon!!! I have to feather the gas throttle and go half throttle a lot of the time to tame this beast. Full throttle on some corners will guarantee a spin. Nonetheless, it is super fun to drive.

Also, this is by far the closest race I have with the rabbit AIs. Almost all passes are clean. I race side by side with Enzo cleanly for couple laps and decided to pass him closer to the very end. However, He almost got back the position on the straight before the finish line. My most epic win by by 0.056 seconds lol :D
2w7pa46.jpg

Last edited:
Per skeagracing's recommendation, I ran a few races with stock Ferrari Dino 246GT`71 @ 497 PP with max power upgrade and max weight reduction. I Did bad in couple races with sport hard tires (2:27 fastest lap times). Then I upgraded the tires to Sport Soft and won 2 silvers plus 1 gold (with 2:18 fastest lap times). I had ABS-1 and driving line on because this track is brand new to me.

I notice that with sport hard tires, this car is a freaking drift car lol. I had so much fun drifting around haha. It is very predictable and fun to drive on sport hard. On sport soft, it is a crazy handling lightweight machine. This car is phenomenon!!! I have to feather the gas throttle and go half throttle a lot of the time to tame this beast. Full throttle on some corners will guarantee a spin. Nonetheless, it is super fun to drive.

Also, this is by far the closest race I have with the rabbit AIs. Almost all passes are clean. I race side by side with Enzo cleanly for couple laps and decided to pass him closer to the very end. However, He almost got back the position on the straight before the finish line. My most epic win by by 0.056 seconds lol :D
2w7pa46.jpg

Super great job buddy! I told you that you would have lots of fun with this baby Dino named to honor Ferrari founder Enzo Ferrari's son and heirDino Ferrari.

Super great job buddy! I told you that you would have lots of fun with this baby Dino named to honor Ferrari founder Enzo Ferrari's son and heirDino Ferrari.

When I ran it on sport hard, I almost gave up because it is impossible to win even though the car is so damn fun to drive, I don't even care to win. Suddenly, when I soup it up with sport soft, wow wow wow, the car is not only just fun but also so damn fast everywhere and I won with NO expectation to win. Again, I focused so much in driving the car and forgot about the race. The win is just a by-product of the enjoyment lol.

If you want a good battle try the Dino 246 GT '71 at 430pp using Praiano GT6 Tune just change the weight set to 0, ballast set to 0 and change the power limiter to 80.8 and see how you go with the Enzo. If you want use the Dino 246 GT '71 try it stock it is also a good battle.
Cool, thanks man, I'll dig out the Dino tonight, always loved the Dino.
Just read back through the thread and noticed a lot of people raving about it.
I mostly find low PP battles you don't catch the leader till last lap and then short battle to the flag.
I prefer to catch leader about lap 3'ish, then 2 or so laps long battle to the flag.
I find best is when I can catch leader lap 3, but then just not being fast enough to escape from him.
Stock power/weight 599 has run well with the Enzo for me in the past.
Anybody noticed what PP will get the Dino to the leader by lap 3 but not escape?

Another thing I noticed lately, some midfield AI are starting to defend their positions a little more rigorously now, been catching me out when you just expect them to yield. Hope this continues to evolve, will make for some good racing.
Anybody else noticed this?

Cool, thanks man, I'll dig out the Dino tonight, always loved the Dino.
Just read back through the thread and noticed a lot of people raving about it.
I mostly find low PP battles you don't catch the leader till last lap and then short battle to the flag.
I prefer to catch leader about lap 3'ish, then 2 or so laps long battle to the flag.
I find best is when I can catch leader lap 3, but then just not being fast enough to escape from him.
Stock power/weight 599 has run well with the Enzo for me in the past.
Anybody noticed what PP will get the Dino to the leader by lap 3 but not escape?

Another thing I noticed lately, some midfield AI are starting to defend their positions a little more rigorously now, been catching me out when you just expect them to yield. Hope this continues to evolve, will make for some good racing.
Anybody else noticed this?
I have also notice the AI will defend themselves in the corners and sometimes on the straights,and you want to know about what PP will get the Dino to the leader by lap 3 try the Dino at 449pp, I got him on lap 3 but I had a good battle with the Enzo. 👍

I have also notice the AI will defend themselves in the corners and sometimes on the straights,and you want to know about what PP will get the Dino to the leader by lap 3 try the Dino at 449pp, I got him on lap 3 but I had a good battle with the Enzo. 👍
Thanks again, nice to have a starting point, I find tuning pp for these races the hardest bit sometimes.

I was trying to think what it was about the AI, when you say "straights", come to think of it, I do recall a little weaving on the straights from some. I think I recall them trying to draft me more also. It was Tsukuba I noticed the drafting, not much of a straight to draw any conclusions from.
If I think to the corners, I've mainly noticed midfielders being granted the ability to brake late now, as opposed to it just being a leader only ability.

Don't you do the Red Bull Challenge for credits? I just wondered because I've bought all the Ferraris (and almost all "detailed interior" cars) but didn't use the money glitch either.

Don't you do the Red Bull Challenge for credits? I just wondered because I've bought all the Ferraris (and almost all "detailed interior" cars) but didn't use the money glitch either.
Could you come to my house and run the Red Bull Challenge for me for a few hours? :D :bowdown:

A) I hate the Red Bull cars. I just think they're stupid.
B) I'm not good with them at all.
C) I could see myself running through all the races in the Championship just to come in 4th or 5th place and then I'd be really mad.
D) I have run the race at Silverstone about 5 or 6 times (using the cheats - cutting across the infield) to rack up some quick credits, but I felt bad about doing it that way. So, I stopped. I don't even know if those cuts are still possible across the grass sections.

As you can see, it's not quite so simple for someone like me to "just go do the Red Bull Championship for 2-3 hours". I never took advantage of the credit glitch either. I'm not a gamer. I had never played a single second of a Gran Turismo title before I bought my copy of GT6. I told myself I was going to take this game seriously. For some reason, I felt that using the credit glitch would cheapen my experience somehow. I don't know how, but I felt I would be cheating myself the challenges that one faces when starting off in Career Mode, trying to win races with the pathetic car(s) you can barely afford to put better tires on. Now that I've seen how crummy Career Mode actually is, I just wish that I had done it to at least get the $20,000,000 cars. The Miura is my most expensive car at $15,000,000. I keep going back and forth trying to decide if I should spend half of my $40M on the Ferrari 250 GTO '62 race car. It's such a classic.

Back