A-spec Expert Level Ferrari Challenge: Ascari Full Track

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 272 comments
I just won a clean race with the Dino at 450PP. The trick is to get "the really drunk Enzo driver behind the wheel". The winning margin over the Enzo was 1.2 seconds. Fast lap 2:16.
Awesome job! I mistakenly took my Dino out at 456PP (I forgot to apply the Power Limiter) and had a very narrow victory over the Enzo. I will re-run it at some point with the proper 450PP limit. I was using Ridox's Nicks Forza Dino Replica tune...

Doesn't that car just handle like a dream on this track? It's such a great example of how you don't need obscene horsepower levels to claim a victory. Yes...lap times will be down a little bit, but not by as much as you'd expect because that lil Ferrari can carry such speed through the twists and turns. It's such a fun drive. I wish I had discovered it's performance sooner.

Awesome job! I mistakenly took my Dino out at 456PP (I forgot to apply the Power Limiter) and had a very narrow victory over the Enzo. I will re-run it at some point with the proper 450PP limit. I was using Ridox's Nicks Forza Dino Replica tune...

Doesn't that car just handle like a dream on this track? It's such a great example of how you don't need obscene horsepower levels to claim a victory. Yes...lap times will be down a little bit, but not by as much as you'd expect because that lil Ferrari can carry such speed through the twists and turns. It's such a fun drive. I wish I had discovered it's performance sooner.

Don't forget that you did it on SM tire, a great achievement :)

Don't forget that you did it on SM tire, a great achievement :)
Oh, true.... haha I forgot about that. I am still going to try it again at 450PP. Just so I can say that I honestly did it at Replica specs. It wasn't easy for me - I didn't do it on my first run. Took me two times and I won with the Enzo all over me. I'm really upset that I didn't save the replay. I can't tell you how many times I finish a race and say to myself "Ya gotta save this race..." and next thing I know I'm exiting out of the race menu. D'oh! :banghead:

The Dino is definitely the perfect car for Ascari. I got the idea from the S license races that I did at Ascari with the little Lotus. If you remember the car to beat there was the Ferrari FXX. I looked up some of the old races that I posted and found the Lotus race video at Ascari and with that I was totally taken back by what I saw so I purchased the Dino. I actually ran a faster race at 450PP than at the 460PP video but that was just because it was the perfect power-to-weight for Ascari plus I made one more change to the transmission so I could red line off the rev limiter at the fastest part of the track on gear 5.

I just won a clean race with the Dino at 450PP. The trick is to get "the really drunk Enzo driver behind the wheel". The winning margin over the Enzo was 1.2 seconds. Fast lap 2:16.
Yup, the guy got out of track several times, at one point looked totally silly slowing down to simulate a yellow flag and overtook him.

Done the first win with a scuderia, not tuned but with several aero parts, easy win but now i'm hotlapping ascari with a stock dino thanks to this post.

It's possible to win with a stock Dino (413pp) but you have to keep the momentum high and be uber defensive when you (finally) get past the Enzo. Not by blocking though him as a couple of tickles gets you a collision penalty. I learned that after the two second places. Stupid that defensive driving gets penalised but I suppose it adds to the drama.

Took me 5 attempts to get a win with the 250 Berlinetta but I had to buy suspension for it. No way could I keep the speed up with the original setup as I was constantly spinning one of the rear wheels out of the corners. Beam axle and Flintstones brakes kept it interesting though.

It's possible to win with a stock Dino (413pp) but you have to keep the momentum high and be uber defensive when you (finally) get past the Enzo. Not by blocking though him as a couple of tickles gets you a collision penalty. I learned that after the two second places. Stupid that defensive driving gets penalised but I suppose it adds to the drama.
A good tune at 414pp might do it without being penalised, how far where you behind the Enzo ?.

Edit: With stock it is a bit of a challenge trying to get the car right for the corners.

Last edited:

OK, I guess I'm going to have to join you all in the 450pp Dino challenge later today when I can get in front of my PS3!

Again, I must reiterate that I mistakenly drove my Nicks Forza Dino Replica Tune at 456PP, not 450PP like I was supposed to. It was an honest oversight, but it's the truth... :dunce: :crazy:

ALB123 That is what I like about the truth.

Yes, as long as it's a clean race like in real life. If I win and it's not clean then I did not win even if I did.
I applaud your dedication, but I can't bring myself to treat the AI that way. They drive so badly—so inhumanly badly—that I don't feel inclined to give them any courtesy. :)

My only hesitation is that it gives me bad habits. But I get annihilated every time I race online against actual people (which is rare), so I don't know what difference it really makes. :)

OK, I guess I'm going to have to join you all in the 450pp Dino challenge later today when I can get in front of my PS3!

First of all @Ridox2JZGTE -- Fantastic Tune! Really loved it. (I assume we were supposed to run stock transmission, right?)

Anyway, had a blast driving it, and was able to win fairly easily by staying out of the way of the crazy Enzo. Best lap - 2:19.3xx

(I did have one of the craziest wipeouts of my life as well - the car rolled 8 or 9 times in a row!) :lol:

Great stuff!

I just won using Dino 246 GT '71 at 430pp using Praiano GT6 Tune but the only thing I change to his tune is the weight set to 0, ballast set to 0 and change the power limiter to 80.8 and very nice car to drive.

Attachments

• PB080001.JPG
    PB080001.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
First of all @Ridox2JZGTE -- Fantastic Tune! Really loved it. (I assume we were supposed to run stock transmission, right?)

Anyway, had a blast driving it, and was able to win fairly easily by staying out of the way of the crazy Enzo. Best lap - 2:19.3xx

(I did have one of the craziest wipeouts of my life as well - the car rolled 8 or 9 times in a row!) :lol:

Great stuff!

Yeah, stock transmission :) There's no need to use custom ratio :P Congrats for the win 450PP and SM tire right :cheers:

Now the next challenge, SH tire on 450PP or SM tire with lower PP than 450 ( less HP ), I wonder it it's possible :scared:, it may be too much with the Enzo set on killing the player :lol:

I've now completed this event in every car possible. That's not really much of a feat though because in my experience at this event, with ABS 1 and all else off, you can win with lap times of 2:06 and you can win with lap times of 2:20.

The AI cars are almost invulnerable to your existence. They will swing out in the middle of a straight if you aren't overtaking them, and they will do the same if you are. The only exception here is that the lead car waits for the human driver to catch up. It then increases its pace and follows the human driver up to a point. At that point, it continues time-trialing at an increased pace, staying in contact with you unless your times begin to dip below about 2:12 or so.

A good tune at 414pp might do it without being penalised, how far where you behind the Enzo ?.

Edit: With stock it is a bit of a challenge trying to get the car right for the corners.

I caught the Enzo at the start of lap 5 and then hogged the racing line to make it difficult. For some reason, he doesn't like going around cars to overtake.

I won by 8 hundredths middle of the roading it in the corners but it wasn't totally clean. I owe an F430 a new rear light cluster when he slammed the brakes on mid corner as I was trying to maintain momentum. No penalties though.

It's a surprisingly nimble car (pretty too) and the low power means you can floor it round the outside of the corners while they're balancing the throttle.

It's all down to the daft rubber banding. The slower you drive, the slower they do too.

I'll do it again later when I've got a bit of time and grab a screen shot.

Last edited:
I caught the Enzo at the start of lap 5 and then hogged the racing line to make it difficult. For some reason, he doesn't like going around cars to overtake.

I won by 8 hundredths middle of the roading it in the corners but it wasn't totally clean. I owe an F430 a new rear light cluster when he slammed the brakes on mid corner as I was trying to maintain momentum. No penalties though.

It's a surprisingly nimble car (pretty too) and the low power means you can floor it round the outside of the corners while they're balancing the throttle.

It's all down to the daft rubber banding. The slower you drive, the slower they do too.

I'll do it again later when I've got a bit of time and grab a screen shot.
Dino 246 GT '71 stock, On lap 5 I was going to overtake the Enzo on the corner but we hit and I got a 3 second penalty, but I could not catch him after that, I will try again tomorrow.

I applaud your dedication, but I can't bring myself to treat the AI that way. They drive so badly—so inhumanly badly—that I don't feel inclined to give them any courtesy. :)

My only hesitation is that it gives me bad habits. But I get annihilated every time I race online against actual people (which is rare), so I don't know what difference it really makes. :)

After racing from 1967 to 2000 it makes a big difference to me personally as I do not know how to do it any other way. You are correct in what you say about picking up “bad habits”. For me GT6 is just another race and I give the AI cars racing room as I always have. As far as the AI cars doing crazy things on the track it does not bother me as I have seen way too much of that dirty racing in the SCCA and in the end karma will always win out in the end. Payback is winning without having to result to that. You are correct about on line racing and why I do not participate in that for the same reasons that you have stated in your comments. Thank you for your understanding. I will be cheering you on from the start finish line and if you need help I will do what I can as I have with the wonderful people on this forum. They have been nothing but helpful to me and every day I learn something new from all who post with great ideas to do better or to win a race.

Yeah, stock transmission :) There's no need to use custom ratio :P Congrats for the win 450PP and SM tire right :cheers:

Now the next challenge, SH tire on 450PP or SM tire with lower PP than 450 ( less HP ), I wonder it it's possible :scared:, it may be too much with the Enzo set on killing the player :lol:

It's funny... when I first tried this event a week ago, the first car I tried was the Dino, with a tune I had from a while back (probably praiano's). I didn't realize it then, but I think I was running on SH tires, because when I pulled the car out and applied your tune and started, I realized it was on SH and changed it.

So, based on that, I actually think I may have won this on SH a week ago... explains why I posted that the Dino was so squirrelly :) I'll have to go back this morning and try :)

Back