A-spec Expert Level Ferrari Challenge: Ascari Full Track

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 272 comments
Won this with the Scuderia.
Catched the Enzo on last lap at the Piff-Paff ( is this the correct name?? ), and after that it seems that he gave up.
Could be the pink color on the car and the orange wheels scared him.
(My 3year old decided that pink was better than red.)

Shaun,
I'd like to write a review on some of your cars. Shall I do that here or.....?
You could answer me here please.
Thanks, Pete

Shaun,
I'd like to write a review on some of your cars. Shall I do that here or.....?
You could answer me here please.
Thanks, Pete
Here, or in my garage is fine. Wherever you want to write a review. Either is good with me :)

I decided to attempt the 288 GTO last night. I believe I added a "Sports Computer," racing exhaust, racing cat, stage 3 weight reduction, and enough ballast (in the -50 position) to get it to 550 PP. As usual, I used TC1, ABS1, AT, and the suggested line.

It was really quick and drove nicely, but I just could not get past the Enzo:

M5S1T3U.jpg

(On a side note, I wish the PS3 could do screenshots—these phone pictures of my TV are really awful.)

I've finished second a bunch of times now. Last night the Enzo and I were twenty seconds ahead of the third place car at the finish. I'm about a second and a half behind the leader. Very tough. On the other hand, I am driving a 70's 512BB that looks like "Grandpa's Ferrari." Maybe I should buy a newer car with the $2,000,000 I earned finishing second ten times on 200% Bonus.

Last edited:
I'm thinking Ascari might just be one of those tracks I am oddly quick on, even though it's not one of my favourites (I like it enough though). I had no problem winning in the GTO on my first attempt, was also slightly tuned to hit 550PP (if I remember correctly, oil change, sports exhaust, manifold and that other thing, triple plate clutch and brake upgrade). No changes to settings, the stickiest tyres allowed, all aids off except ABS at 1.

Also I nearly won (see above) in the 512BB which had oil change only to take it up to 488PP. Didn't find it overly slidey at all, though you do have to catch it sometimes.

Not showing off here cause I am usually way off the best seasonal time trial times, though I never fail to get gold unless I'm in a Red Bull. I'm just surprised I find this easier than a lot of the Expert events, and I'm trying to figure out why :)

Oh I should note I am a lightweight auto-gearbox user, and use a DS3, though I would've thought with practice those are both disadvantages.

I decided to attempt the 288 GTO last night.
It was really quick and drove nicely, but I just could not get past the Enzo:

If you like try this tune of the GTO, by @shaunm80, it's an Enzo killer... 👍

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another line, another tune from Exeter Tuning, another Enzo killer... :)

Car: Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07

Link

Note: All tunes for DS3...

On another line, another tune from Exeter Tuning, another Enzo killer... :)

Car: Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07
Oh, I have a tune for the 430 Scuderia that I beat the Enzo with. I was just trying to use cars that were somewhat like stock. Though when I've reached the point where I'm adding HP and playing with weight distribution, I've pretty well left that realm. :)

I've finished second a bunch of times now. Last night the Enzo and I were twenty seconds ahead of the third place car at the finish. I'm about a second and a half behind the leader. Very tough. On the other hand, I am driving a 70's 512BB that looks like "Grandpa's Ferrari." Maybe I should buy a newer car with the $2,000,000 I earned finishing second ten times on 200% Bonus.
Use the Enzo using Praiano GT6 Tunes it handles well with a wheel and a DS3. 👍

A fairly easy win in the 430 Scuderia for me, I beat the Enzo by 15+ seconds with lap times in 2:06-08 range.

I did it with this very drive-able tune that should be no trouble for most racers to get around the track.....

You should post a link to this scud tune. It is very good, Thank you for sharing it.

NICKS FORZA FERRARI DINO 246 GT '71 ( Street / Track )

Tuned to replicate Nicks Forza Ferrari Dino 246 GT Customer Car
Comfort Soft / Sports Hard

CAR : Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71
Tire : Comfort Soft or Sports Hard

Specs
Horsepower: 251 HP at 6600 RPM
Torque: 206.7 ft-lb at 6100 RPM
Power Limiter at : 97%
Weight: 1080 kg
Ballast : 0 kg
Ballast Position : 0
Weight Distribution : 46 / 54 as stock
Performance Points: 450

GT AUTO
Oil change
Wheels : Standard Size - Stock
Car Paint : Cafe Au Lait

Tuning Parts Installed :
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Computer
Sports Exhaust
Catalytic Converter Sports
Intake Tuning
Adjustable LSD
Twin Plate Clutch
Fully Customizable Suspension

Suspension - NICKS FORZA FERRARI Custom Coilover ( Street )
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 115 115
Spring Rate: 5.37 4.47
Dampers (Compression): 7 4
Dampers (Extension): 6 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 6 5
Camber Angle: 0.1 0.1
Toe Angle: -0.08 0.17

Suspension - NICKS FORZA FERRARI Custom Coilover ( Street ) -
1.09 UPDATE

Front, Rear

Spring Rate: 5.37 4.47
Dampers (Extension): 6 8
Camber Angle: 1.0 1.0
Toe Angle: -0.08 0.17

Ferrari Alignment Range for Street / Track - HIGHLY Recommended to run with Track Pack Springs ( 7.73 / 6.44 )
Camber Angle : 0.2 1.1 ( Camber Front Range : 0.16 +- 0.16, Camber Rear Range : 1.1 +- 1.4 )
Toe Angle : 0.03 0.41 ( Toe In Front Range : 0.03 to 0.16, Toe In Rear range : 0.41 to 0.53 )

Suspension - NICKS FORZA FERRARI Custom Coilover ( Track Pack ) -
Ferrari Alignment

Front, Rear

Spring Rate: 7.73 6.44
Camber Angle: 0.2 1.1
Toe Angle: 0.03 0.41

For stiffer spring rate ( track pack ) use : front : 7.73 and rear 6.44 ( recommended for Nordschleife/Ascari/Willow Springs etc ) or front : 9.27 and rear 7.73 ( less bumpy track / High Speed Ring/ SSR5 / SSR7 / Tokyo etc)

For even sharper handling, suitable for tarmac / dirt rally racing : front : 8.19 and rear : 10.65 ( care necessary as the car will be more responsive and wild )

LSD - ZF 2 way high preload
Initial Torque : 26
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 30

Alternate LSD for looser handling-Highly RECOMMENDED
Acceleration Sensitivity: 26
Braking Sensitivity: 26

Brake Balance:
7/5 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 7/5, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 7/5 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
I made this replica to replicate a what if version of a Nicks Forza Ferrari customer car who wants to do track racing with a Dino 246. The base custom coilover has soft spring rate, yet provides ample improvement over stock Dino suspension. While the stiffer rates are meant for higher speeds of track racing and higher grip tires. The car was tuned and tested both at Tsukuba and Nordschleife.
With 250+HP, the car is quick, agile and very rewarding to drive around the track :D

UPDATE 1.09 : Added Ferrari Alignment Range, revised rear damper extension for more stable rear and better traction from mid to exit. Updated Camber on original setup to 1.0 all around. Added Alternate LSD with more freedom / loose, highly recommended for less experienced driver

The Nicks Forza Dino 246 GT has been updated with new camber for original setup, revised rear damper extension, added Ferrari Alignment and alternate LSD for easier driving :)

Highly recommend this for Ascari :

1.09 Update

Front, Rear

Camber Angle: 1.0 1.0 ( OPTIONAL Ferrari Alignment F 0.2 R 1.1 )
Toe Angle: -0.08 0.17 ( OPTIONAL Ferrari Alignment F 0.03 R 0.41 )

and LSD :

Enjoy :cheers:

Won this with the Scuderia.
Catched the Enzo on last lap at the Piff-Paff ( is this the correct name?? ), and after that it seems that he gave up.
Could be the pink color on the car and the orange wheels scared him.
(My 3year old decided that pink was better than red.)

Yes that is the correct name.

The Nicks Forza Dino 246 GT has been updated with new camber for original setup, revised rear damper extension, added Ferrari Alignment and alternate LSD for easier driving :)

Highly recommend this for Ascari :

1.09 Update

Front, Rear

Camber Angle: 1.0 1.0 ( OPTIONAL Ferrari Alignment F 0.2 R 1.1 )
Toe Angle: -0.08 0.17 ( OPTIONAL Ferrari Alignment F 0.03 R 0.41 )

and LSD :

Enjoy :cheers:
Thank you, Ridox... I haven't used my Dino yet in this Ferrari Challenge. It's going to be a BIG challenge for me, as the Dino is far from the type of Ferrari's I've been using in this event. I hope I don't have to juice up the power too much.

Thank you, Ridox... I haven't used my Dino yet in this Ferrari Challenge. It's going to be a BIG challenge for me, as the Dino is far from the type of Ferrari's I've been using in this event. I hope I don't have to juice up the power too much.

ALB123 I can help you with the Dino if you have any questions. I posted a video of my race with the Dino and it was a blast.

Thanks @skeagracing. 👍 Fortunately, I just won the Ferrari Challenge with a 456PP Ferrari Dino 246GT Replica Tune provided by @Ridox2JZGTE. He posted it a couple posts above this one. For full disclosure, the tune is supposed to be for 450PP, but I forgot to lower my Power Limiter and ran at 100% power. I'm lucky I did because I barely help off the Enzo. I won by only tenths of a second. This was a wild ride...definitely one of my most enjoyable wins in a GT6 Seasonal Event. I'm sure a more skilled driver would have had a easier time winning the event with that Replica Dino 246GT, but I am still all smiles since I pulled it off.

The car is pretty amazing! Ok, it doesn't have much power...I know. What it lacks in power it more than makes up in being a nimble, quick steering, responsive little bullet. I find myself carrying just as much speed through a lot of corners and in some cases even more speed than the heavier, more powerful Ferrari's. Of course, once you hit the straightaways you'll find yourself at a slight disadvantage, but that's why you need to make the most out of the twisty's. Don't get me wrong...This car is no slouch! Just compared to cars like the F430 Scuderia and the F40, it seems rather lacking in the HP department. :D

I highly recommend this tune for anyone wishing to try a lower powered Ferrari for this event. Ridox gives you a few suspension setups to try and I recommend the 1.09 Update (Track Pack). It has stiffer springs and 1.0/1.0 camber. If you are not comfortable running that much camber, just follow his instructions for running default Ferrari Factory Camber Settings. They're something like 0.2/1.0, I think - double check.

Put it this way, what do ya got to lose trying this tune for the Ferrari Challenge? Even if you don't come in first, you've now got a PERFECT 450PP car tuned for the next 450PP Racing Event that PD gives us. You might just surprise yourself too. I honestly didn't think I would win at 456PP. I thought second place all day long. I guess the sun really does shine on a dog's ... err... you know, every now and then! :D 👍

Thanks @skeagracing. 👍 Fortunately, I just won the Ferrari Challenge with a 456PP Ferrari Dino 246GT Replica Tune provided by @Ridox2JZGTE. He posted it a couple posts above this one. For full disclosure, the tune is supposed to be for 450PP, but I forgot to lower my Power Limiter and ran at 100% power. I'm lucky I did because I barely help off the Enzo. I won by only tenths of a second. This was a wild ride...definitely one of my most enjoyable wins in a GT6 Seasonal Event. I'm sure a more skilled driver would have had a easier time winning the event with that Replica Dino 246GT, but I am still all smiles since I pulled it off.

The car is pretty amazing! Ok, it doesn't have much power...I know. What it lacks in power it more than makes up in being a nimble, quick steering, responsive little bullet. I find myself carrying just as much speed through a lot of corners and in some cases even more speed than the heavier, more powerful Ferrari's. Of course, once you hit the straightaways you'll find yourself at a slight disadvantage, but that's why you need to make the most out of the twisty's. Don't get me wrong...This car is no slouch! Just compared to cars like the F430 Scuderia and the F40, it seems rather lacking in the HP department. :D

I highly recommend this tune for anyone wishing to try a lower powered Ferrari for this event. Ridox gives you a few suspension setups to try and I recommend the 1.09 Update (Track Pack). It has stiffer springs and 1.0/1.0 camber. If you are not comfortable running that much camber, just follow his instructions for running default Ferrari Factory Camber Settings. They're something like 0.2/1.0, I think - double check.

Put it this way, what do ya got to lose trying this tune for the Ferrari Challenge? Even if you don't come in first, you've now got a PERFECT 450PP car tuned for the next 450PP Racing Event that PD gives us. You might just surprise yourself too. I honestly didn't think I would win at 456PP. I thought second place all day long. I guess the sun really does shine on a dog's ... err... you know, every now and then! :D 👍

I very happy for you as I had been following all your post for some time now and I always learn something from reading your comments/observations. I won this race with just about all the Ferrari models but the Dino was the most enjoyable to drive. In 1976 I got to drive the Dino of a good friend of mine from Massachusetts at the Glen and the thing that was most impressive for me was the power to weight ratio. The other important thing for me about Ascari is that it is not a high horsepower track but more of a handling track so it favors a cars with favorable power to weight like the Dino.

This is a cool seasonal. Thanks, @shaunm80 for the F430 tune. That thing is a beast but so is the AI's Enzo. Overtook him in the third lap but after that it was a fight! Won by .8xx this after he punted me near the start finish. I hit the wall but luckily didn't spin. Had to play catch up on lap 4. More of these brand-specific seasonals, PD!

I very happy for you as I had been following all your post for some time now and I always learn something from reading your comments/observations. I won this race with just about all the Ferrari models but the Dino was the most enjoyable to drive. In 1976 I got to drive the Dino of a good friend of mine from Massachusetts at the Glen and the thing that was most impressive for me was the power to weight ratio. The other important thing for me about Ascari is that it is not a high horsepower track but more of a handling track so it favors a cars with favorable power to weight like the Dino.
Oh man...You actually drove one of these?! :bowdown: That is awesome! You should have picked me up, man... I was in Massachusetts in 1976. Sure, I was one year old, but if you told my parents I was going for a ride in a Ferrari, I'm sure they wouldn't have cared!! ;) That's so cool. I can't imagine what that drive was like. Nowadays, we take for granted family sedans with 400HP in them, but like you said - it's the power to weight ratio that really matters and back in 1976 that Dino probably knocked your socks off. Keep sharing those videos...I love watching them! 👍

Oh, back to the Ferrari Challenge. You're so right about the enjoyment driving the Dino around this track. My victory in the Dino - I don't know if you could have slipped a sheet of paper between my Dino and the Enzo, we were so close - was probably my most thrilling victory since I started playing GT6. I caught up to the Enzo almost as quickly as I do in other Ferrari's. Clearly, he paces himself to let you catch up no matter what you're driving. But once I got on his back bumper he just kept pulling away. Fortunately, he tends to overdrive a little bit and slide into the edge of the grass from time to time. When I finally knew I could make a move on Lap 5 I almost started salivating. :lol: I made my move and just kept my foot to the floor. I screamed through the back-side chicanes and went around Daytona corner with my foot planted to the floor -- for some reason the AI Enzo driver doesn't really go all out in that section, at least it seems that way. The final sweeping righthander can be taken with as much speed as you can throw at it in that Nicks Forza Dino 246 GT Replica, it's balanced so well, that there was no way Mr. Stinky Pants in the Enzo was going to catch me. Until he did! He just kept getting bigger and bigger in my rearview mirror, but thankfully the finish line comes quickly. If I had to do a 6th lap, I probably would have put a Dino-shaped hole through that barricade at the opening chicane ala the Kool-Aid Man because I wasn't taking my foot off the floor for nuthin' until I saw that checkered flag! I don't think I would have been able to slow down in time if there was a 6th lap... :D

@ALB123 and @skeagracing I have enjoyed reading your posts recently as well. It is comforting to know that there are other middle-aged guys like me out there that have so much fun with Gran Turismo!

I tell friends about it, and they have a hard time understanding how I can get so much enjoyment out of a video game. I was never really a "gamer" and hadn't played video games at all since I was about 13... still don't, other than GT, which I'm completely addicted to!

@ALB123 and @skeagracing I have enjoyed reading your posts recently as well. It is comforting to know that there are other middle-aged guys like me out there that have so much fun with Gran Turismo!

I tell friends about it, and they have a hard time understanding how I can get so much enjoyment out of a video game. I was never really a "gamer" and hadn't played video games at all since I was about 13... still don't, other than GT, which I'm completely addicted to!
You pretty much just defined my experience with GT6. I've had a PS3 collecting dust and no intentions of buying games for it until my buddy gave me his daughter's Logitech DFGT. She was upgrading to the XBox One and selling her PS3. I kept the DFGT in my trunk for 6 months and actually forgot about it until Dec 2013 when that same buddy and I walked into a GameStop to look for games for his daughter's XBox One that she was getting for Christmas. He talked me into buying GT6 (they had the Anniversary Edition) since he knew I still had his old DFGT just sitting in my trunk. I won't say that I was completely addicted from day one, but it was a lot of fun. It took a few months to get me playing 4+ days a week and now it's 5-7 days a week for sure. If I don't play I will at least login to keep my login bonus running. My friends laugh at me too...Some of them are hardcore gamers, some don't touch a game system - but they all laugh at me because I've turned into a Gran Turismo junkie! :lol: :D

You guys are all great!! All of you... I'd say that probably 99.9% of the people who post in this particular forum are rock solid, in my eyes. Off the top of my head I can only think of one person that I truly don't like and that's because he's been proven to be a cheater. He doesn't regularly post, although he used to post videos of his laps once the event closed/finished. I'm sure you all know who I'm talking about. :mad:

Couldn't agree more. I've had wins in both the Street version and the Track versions of this replica. The street version requires a bit more precision with the throttle but is very capable, better drivers than I am will have no problems getting the best out of this tune. But the Track pack update is nothing short of astonishing. I also thought there was no way I'd win that race at 450pp but even on SM tyres it was possible.

Big thanks to @danbojte for highlighting this tune and of course @Ridox2JZGTE for creating this superb replica. Guys you made my day with this one!:cheers::bowdown:

Couldn't agree more. I've had wins in both the Street version and the Track versions of this replica. The street version requires a bit more precision with the throttle but is very capable, better drivers than I am will have no problems getting the best out of this tune. But the Track pack update is nothing short of astonishing. I also thought there was no way I'd win that race at 450pp but even on SM tyres it was possible.

Big thanks to @danbojte for highlighting this tune and of course @Ridox2JZGTE for creating this superb replica. Guys you made my day with this one!:cheers::bowdown:

You're welcome :cheers:

:cheers: Thank you for the nice 3.1sec win margin, if you will go rallying on lap 5 when you have the lead on my 458 Italia......
image.jpg

image.jpg

You pretty much just defined my experience with GT6. I've had a PS3 collecting dust and no intentions of buying games for it until my buddy gave me his daughter's Logitech DFGT. She was upgrading to the XBox One and selling her PS3. I kept the DFGT in my trunk for 6 months and actually forgot about it until Dec 2013 when that same buddy and I walked into a GameStop to look for games for his daughter's XBox One that she was getting for Christmas. He talked me into buying GT6 (they had the Anniversary Edition) since he knew I still had his old DFGT just sitting in my trunk. I won't say that I was completely addicted from day one, but it was a lot of fun. It took a few months to get me playing 4+ days a week and now it's 5-7 days a week for sure. If I don't play I will at least login to keep my login bonus running. My friends laugh at me too...Some of them are hardcore gamers, some don't touch a game system - but they all laugh at me because I've turned into a Gran Turismo junkie! :lol: :D

You guys are all great!! All of you... I'd say that probably 99.9% of the people who post in this particular forum are rock solid, in my eyes. Off the top of my head I can only think of one person that I truly don't like and that's because he's been proven to be a cheater. He doesn't regularly post, although he used to post videos of his laps once the event closed/finished. I'm sure you all know who I'm talking about. :mad:

Great post!!!

probably any Ferrari can be beaten young, insecure and confused Enzo :cool:

Last edited:
PP460. No Aids. Tune By Me. HP235. Weight 908KG. Power-To-Weight Ratio 3.86 KG/HP. Fast Lap 2:18. Winning By 00.661. Pass On Lap 4 At Piff-Paff For The Win. Cockpit View. I won this race at PP450 but it was not a clean race and why the PP460 video.

Last edited:
Back