A-spec Expert Level GT500 Racing Car Challenge: Nürburgring Nordschleife

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 406 comments
Yeah, I assume most or all of the really fast times are with a wheel. I'm still having trouble with this one too. The best I've been able to do is 7:05.XXX total time, and I've been less than 2 seconds behind the leader several times. It seems every time I get a faster time, so does the leader. The key for me is not so much driving the ring fast, but passing while keeping your speed and some semblance of a racing line. Especially when the AI is weaving on the straights and high speed corners
totally right. the AI realy seems to adjust there one speed slightly to yours.
you have to get something about 7.02 to have a save win. Or you got to have luck.

Overtaking here realy is the key. staying behind anyone waiting for the "right moment" to overtake leads to slow laptimes. better try to overtake as soon as possible and if you fly off , try again.
Overtaking only on the inside ;)

I'm not a semi-pro like most of you guys seem to be. And I'm using a controller, not the wheel/pedal setup. Best I've done on this is 2nd with HSV. Have tried GTR base, Z Base, and others (for worse placing). But I'd agree with previous post, the Ring has become my hands-down fav track. In attempting to chase gold I've fairly well memorized the track, but still find myself getting brake happy.

You might try Toyota Woodone Tom's Supra '03 - don't change oil! It has higher initial horsepower than most GT 500s.
Use Praiano's tune with original PP settings then adjust PP to 530 and adjust final gear for good top end. You will need to fiddle with Engine stage or Turbo to get the best HP. I can't remember which one get the most. You might find that this is a good enough situation for you to overtake the Xanvani Nismo Z' 06 on the early part of the final straight. If you are 5-7 sec at the start of the straight you will not catch him.

If your initial competition line up has two GT-Rs as 1 & 2 don't bother -- very hard to catch because they stay nose to tail all the way around the course and have high top end on the final straight.

You might try Toyota Woodone Tom's Supra '03 - don't change oil! It has higher initial horsepower than most GT 500s.
Use Praiano's tune with original PP settings then adjust PP to 530 and adjust final gear for good top end. You will need to fiddle with Engine stage or Turbo to get the best HP. I can't remember which one get the most. You might find that this is a good enough situation for you to overtake the Xanvani Nismo Z' 06 on the early part of the final straight. If you are 5-7 sec at the start of the straight you will not catch him.

If your initial competition line up has two GT-Rs as 1 & 2 don't bother -- very hard to catch because they stay nose to tail all the way around the course and have high top end on the final straight.
Took your advice, bought the Woodone and tweaked as you said. I generally love Praiano's tunes, by it was way too squirrelly. I found another tune by Chunky Monkey (?) that I tweaked a tad (brakes and height), and made 2nd

Attachments

• WP_20160121_001.jpg
    WP_20160121_001.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 27
I am alway 2nd!!!! Tried couple of tunes for HSV and always same result. Second!!!! That bloody Nissan is way to fast, or AI is cheating!

late yesterday i had a quick try with my yellowHat Supra.
This one is even stronger then the HSV (in KW) but the handling is not as good. I will try tweaking my setup to improve this a bit.

Although i went out in the gras (mostly while trying to overtake) for about 5 or 6 times (one time realy hard on the faltout passage in the middel section) i got 2nd overall with a 6.40 i think with a clean round this one can be the first to catch up with my HSV.

Hey,

I apologize that I reacted so fiercely; In any case, my sincere thanks to you and others for your advice.
I'm going to try all the good advice and I will of course report it.

greeting Rico

Hallo wc420pro,

You're absolutely right; but try to ride with Nissan again and you will see that this is certainly not the best car in the field.

Maybe we're just not good enough for this competition.
But every time second in level 5 does give you a lot of credits.

Continue try and observe what the professionals recommend here.

Regards, Rico

Hi Clifford,

How do you get 592 HBP?
When I switch on engine 3 and use no turbo I have 602 HBP.
If I use the lowest turbo than I have 566 HBP.
Can you explain this?

And thank you for all the help!

Greetings from Rico

My run with the GT-R. Pardon me for the potato quality.

By the way, I have a custom bgm playing during the race, in case you notice it. :sly:

I saw you race with the Calsonic, well done; I'm going to try these settings you gave.
Thank you.
greeting Rico

ok here is my stable foregiving setup for a HSV-010 GT Base Model '12
I would be glad if anyone trys out and gives feedback ;) maybe those who dont manage first by now.
For me (not realy a "pro" and not a "clean") it was good for a 6:30 which i couldnt hardly emagin to get on this track.

supension:
65 - 60
14.50 - 16.00
6 - 5
4 - 6
6 - 6
0.6 - 0.5
-0.20 - +0.35

breaks:
6 - 4

gearbox:
320kph (auto)

LSD:

power:
limiter 86.6%
engine stage3
turbo low

downforce
300 - 425

AS - strong
TC - 1
ASK (dont know how its called in english but its turned off ;) )
ABS - 1
this last option is on (dont no either how this is called but it helps to stay on the track)

that gave me 600PP, 422kw 1.100kg 558 torque (Nm) and a win each time i do not spin out completely (not often).
normally i manage first position before i reach the long straight and i goes over 300kph.

good luck
I'm curious about any feedback :)

Great set up thanks it worked for me with my DS3 D pad and buttons, had to put SRF on, no TC and ABS 1. Active steering doesn't help me at all its weird, got Gold at loooong last, thanks again.

Great set up thanks it worked for me with my DS3 D pad and buttons, had to put SRF on, no TC and ABS 1. Active steering doesn't help me at all its weird, got Gold at loooong last, thanks again.
your wellcome.
glad about able to help somebody ;)

i using DS3 too but no buttons. AS, SRF and so on for me are adjusted just by personal preferences. One feels more comfortable with this or that.

What time did you make with this , do you remember? And how often did you have to try ?

your wellcome.
glad about able to help somebody ;)

i using DS3 too but no buttons. AS, SRF and so on for me are adjusted just by personal preferences. One feels more comfortable with this or that.

What time did you make with this , do you remember? And how often did you have to try ?

Yes it was really a great help, I tried lots of setups and different cars doing 2nd and 3rds but failed to get near the leader. I quickly got good times with your set up. I won by drafting down the straight still trying to catch the leader who was over 3 seconds away but I could see him. I managed to get close enough to the 2nd place for a draft and ended up doing 200mph, overtook the leader on the last right hander and glory! My time wasn't spectacular about 07.04 but it was an improvement for me. I'm going back to work on my performance now and if I improve I'll let you know, thanks again.

sorry does "draft" mean you drive close, "in the air" of another car to get more speed ?

Thats exactly what the little RPM in reserve is intended for.
nothing more frustrating then being close to the leader and running into the limiter.
200mph ist great ! something about 320kph as i mentioned.

7.04 means a laptime about 6.34. thats not bad for the first time with an unknown car.

congratulation again , nice job. and good luck for improvement.

Hi Clifford,

How do you get 592 HBP?
When I switch on engine 3 and use no turbo I have 602 HBP.
If I use the lowest turbo than I have 566 HBP.
Can you explain this?

No I can't. I just checked. Did an oil change and I get 592 HP with Power Limiter at 96.8% and 600 PP. To get 602 HP I needed to add 27 kg of ballast.

Hello all,
I have tried everything in terms of settings.
My best place is still a second place; difference with number 1 is 1 second.
I'm probably just not good enough to win this race, that will be the final conclusion.
But I keep trying.
Thank you all for the help you gave me.
Have a nice weekend.
Greetings from Rico

I went ahead and did another race Wednesday night. I restarted a few times before I held one together for a finish. I was not fast enough to catch the 2 lead cars on the final straight though. The time I did win I was in 3rd coming around the Little Carousel and could see the #1 and #2 cars entering the right hander before the long straight and as I came through the right hander I could see the dust from them using all the track ;). I was able to close on the #2 car fairly quickly which put me right up to the rev limiter at 196 mph and I closed on the #1 car just before the left under the bridge.

Wednesday night's try I could not see them as I exited the Little Carousel. This is with the Woodone GTR 08. The same setup as when I golded the race last weekend.

Hello all,
I have tried everything in terms of settings.
My best place is still a second place; difference with number 1 is 1 second.
I'm probably just not good enough to win this race, that will be the final conclusion.
But I keep trying.
Thank you all for the help you gave me.
Have a nice weekend.
Greetings from Rico
Don't give up Dude.

try out some setups the makes you feel comfortable.
There is no sense of using a fast setup which you cannot handle.
try this step by step. first try to stay the first righthand with over 190kph then youll see you can overtake the first oponent at least in the second following chicane. Staying behind this one untill the first straight allready costs one second in the end.
next try the fast right after the straight with over 205-210 kph. and so on and so on.

You'll see you get better and better all the time.

And overtake emidiatly if theres a chance. dont for for a good place or even a straight to overtake.You can loose a lot of time staying behind the AIs.

if you have the same Oponent in the same corner every time you try and cannot get rid of it. restart the seasonal (leave, rejoin) to get a different bunch of Oponents. That'll fix the problem maybe.

Anyway good luck at all

Finally got a clean run, but still lots of time left. My laptime is 6:15,412 with DS3 and ABS: 1 only.

Tune HSV Base Model '12

70 65
11,21 12,13
1 1
2 2
6 6
0 0
0 0

racing brake: 5 / 5

LSD: 10 / 11 / 12

power: high rpm turbo @ 81,1% limiter ( no oil change )

downforce: 400 / 550

gearbox:
reset to default
topspeed: 240km/h
gears ( 1st - 6th ): 4,919 / 3,458 / 2,720 / 2,184 / 1,765 / 1,440
then set final gear to 2,750

Works well, 6th gear is a bit long but could be useful if you got slipstream on the final
straight.

The car has lots of rotation on corner entry, because i like it this way. If you have trouble to
control it you should use active stearing or even SRF.

Nice tune, Fast corners with this one 👍

here is my setup for a HSV-010 GT Base Model '12.
I would be glad if anyone tries it out and gives feedback.

supension:
65 - 60
15.55 - 18.65
6 - 5
4 - 6
6 - 6
0.0 - 0.0
0.00 - 0.00

breaks:
6 - 5

gearbox:
320kph (auto)

LSD:

power limiter 96.8%
engine stage3

downforce
300 - 425

I'm curious about any feedback :)

I tried it out and marked my changes in bold... I liked it and it got me a 6:23.xxx lap a couple times in a row. I use a DS3 controller and automatic transmission. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Last edited:
only silver for me.
closest i got was 2.6 seconds behind the Nismo Z and it was a pretty decent run.
not making big mistakes.
actually i was pretty satisfied with my lap but it wasn't eonugh for the gold :(.

sorry does "draft" mean you drive close, "in the air" of another car to get more speed ?

Thats exactly what the little RPM in reserve is intended for.
nothing more frustrating then being close to the leader and running into the limiter.
200mph ist great ! something about 320kph as i mentioned.

7.04 means a laptime about 6.34. thats not bad for the first time with an unknown car.

congratulation again , nice job. and good luck for improvement.

yes getting the draft of the car in front to pull you up fast, your top speed was great. I've been trying out the Woodone Supra and that is solid, it appears to have the best of the GTR and HSC, I got a first after only two tries with the same time of 7.04 even though I had a bit of a big slide out moment.

only silver for me.
closest i got was 2.6 seconds behind the Nismo Z and it was a pretty decent run.
not making big mistakes.
actually i was pretty satisfied with my lap but it wasn't eonugh for the gold :(.

That means you are very close to gold it, don't give up.

That's correct. My actual race time though was 6:25 and I can't understand why any other time is added to it. I managed 7:05 in the 550PP NSX

You start 30 seconds behind when the first car gets to start so you have to beat the best car's time by 30+ seconds to win.

Hallelu Yah!!! I have won at NÜRBURGRING for the 1st time since playing GT1. I did it in a car that I saw a brief mention of; the '03 Woodone Supra with @praiano63 tune. There have been many people here at :gtpflag:that helped me accomplish this. First I want to thank God who blessed me with the ability (don't mean to offend anyone). Next @coryclifford 👍, @HardRacingTV👍 and @skeagracing👍 for their set ups, advice and encouragement. Without these good people it would not have been possible. A special thanks to @skeagracing for his advice concerning kilometer 8-14. This is where I was losing the race. So today I ran that section of track 20 times. I have driven over 600 miles in 4 different cars. Bought 2 others that did me no good. This just proves yet again what a great community of people are involved with :gtplanet:. Thank you all.👍 Once is enough for me. I posted the lineup I ran against as well.

Attachments

• 20160122_214722.jpg
    20160122_214722.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 24
  • 20160122_211730.jpg
    20160122_211730.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Just had another try and have a new PB.

6:45.216 ...... 6:16.038.

Best 1st sector too, 38.9 and best 2nd sector, 1.08.1. (now 1:07.958)

Using Ed Nights tune except for my gears.

Last edited:
Using the DS3 and the HSV, I didn't even use a tune besides the gearing. This might be cheating but I had the TCS on 2, ABS 1 and skid recovery force ON. ASM slows you down so much through the corners and I find it impossible to gain any time with it turned on.

Using the DS3 and the HSV, I didn't even use a tune besides the gearing. This might be cheating but I had the TCS on 2, ABS 1 and skid recovery force ON. ASM slows you down so much through the corners and I find it impossible to gain any time with it turned on.

ASM basically cuts you engine output to 0 while cornering to prevent you from spinning the wheels and spinning out. I highly recommend tuning the suspension and diff rather than inmediately using asm.

Base model. 👍

Cory,

Your tune is awesome. I had drive a perfect lap with the tune I was using before. With your tune I won easily with a time of 6:45 on my first try. I love this track and thanks to your tune I'll be easily winning a million credits every 10 minutes I play. Thanks very much!

Back