A-spec Expert Level GT500 Racing Car Challenge: Nürburgring Nordschleife

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 406 comments
I gave it a go with the old Denso Sard Supra. Unfortunately 2nd was the best I can get with it so far.

Haven't seen this one yet. Never even came close to touching him before this. He was fearing the Lexus.

image.jpeg

Sounds like you need to get thru some QM's and acquire some cash/credits. Even getting last is 200,000 in many cases.
Fortunately for me, frequently getting Silver or Bronze in this Seasonal gives me plenty of credits. :P

Try this:

HSV tune

Added body rigidity and do oil change.

Suspension
62/62
12.13/12.13
2/2
2/2
3/3
0/0
0/0
Brakes 5/5

LSD 10/11/20

Engine Stage 3 and at 96.8%

Downforce 320 and 550

Transmission reset to default
149 mph
3.100 final gear

592 hp
351 ft-lb
1.85 kg/hp
@corycllifford won with your tune. Thank you good buddy!!

Yes, Here it is:

Try this:

Added body rigidity and do oil change.

Suspension
62/62
12.13/12.13
2/2
2/2
3/3
0/0
0/0
Brakes 5/5

LSD 10/11/20

Engine Stage 3 and at 96.8%

Downforce 320 and 550

Transmission reset to default
149 mph
3.100 final gear

592 hp
351 ft-lb
1.85 kg/hp
Won with your tune. Thank you!!

meanwhile i did a couple of well trys.
First win was with my GT-R GT500 '08. very stable but not as fast as i want him to go. i did something about a 6:40 laptime, be aware the time displayed in the summary is NOT your laptime ... its something else :-)

next trys i did with hsv-010 GT. not as stable but a lot quicker. With a bit learning the car and fixing the handling and balance it is great to do wins in an row. for me its about 5 to 10 seconds faster then the GTR - although by now its nearly ad stable. best lyptime is a 6:30:1xx

After several restarts with the 08 Woodone Clarion GTR. I set the TCS to 5. I was having a difficult time keeping the front end out front. I was finally able to finish with a lap time of 6:37 and passed the #2 and #1 cars on the long straight with drafting. Now I can relax and stop swearing at the AI ;)

Now that I have managed multiple Silvers with 2 @coryclifford tuned cars; I need to find 5-6 seconds. I would greatly appreciate it if someone who has won this race in the USA, please post a video. All of the ones I have seen are all in kph and not mph. I have manged to covert some kph to mph for a couple of critical turns that really helped me. I believe I'm slowing too much for many of the tight turns. I believe it would help me to watch a winning video in mph so I can see how fast you can take turns and the track overall.

I was in 4th place at the carousel but ended 2nd again by 5 sec. Someone please post a winning video in mph. I really don't care if it's not a perfect run, I just really need to see speeds. I use a DS3 and AT. I'd really like to win just once at the 'Ring. Please don't misunderstand that I'm not happy with 2nd as I have never run that good since GT1. Thank you in advance.

It is a bit annoying having two different sets of results for each lap and while I would prefer to use the actual lap time and not the final time as shown after the race with all results, I think it's probably the better time to use as it stays up much longer in the game.
I have been recording both times (writing them down) and the three I have posted previously show there is a constant 28+ second difference.
6:50.688 = 6:22.422 ..... gap 28.266
6:49.244 = 6:20.966 ..... gap 28.268
6:47.600 = 6:19.267 ..... gap 28.333

Now that I have managed multiple Silvers with 2 @coryclifford tuned cars; I need to find 5-6 seconds. I would greatly appreciate it if someone who has won this race in the USA, please post a video. All of the ones I have seen are all in kph and not mph. I have manged to covert some kph to mph for a couple of critical turns that really helped me. I believe I'm slowing too much for many of the tight turns. I believe it would help me to watch a winning video in mph so I can see how fast you can take turns and the track overall.

I was in 4th place at the carousel but ended 2nd again by 5 sec. Someone please post a winning video in mph. I really don't care if it's not a perfect run, I just really need to see speeds. I use a DS3 and AT. I'd really like to win just once at the 'Ring. Please don't misunderstand that I'm not happy with 2nd as I have never run that good since GT1. Thank you in advance.

No problem. I give this another go with the HSV, set the units to mph to record it and upload it private (link only) to Youtube. 👍

Edit: I can use the mentioned setup aswell instead :) Therefore all is equal on this side

I think I saved one and will look on Monday. Out of town at the moment.

No problem. I give this another go with the HSV, set the units to mph to record it and upload it private (link only) to Youtube. 👍

Edit: I can use the mentioned setup aswell instead :) Therefore all is equal on this side

. I'm going to let this rest for the time being until I have been able to watch the videos. I just finished another 2nd with the newly tuned HSV. The tranny set up is very fast and is by @RCKakashi14, post #69 in this thread.
I think I saved one and will look on Monday. Out of town at the moment.

Thanks to @skeagracing and @RacingHardTV for their offers of videos.👍👍

Last edited:
No worries mate, just about to fire up the PS3.
It is labelled, MC HAMI+, which means it is a MC HAMI tune which I have changed a bit over time.
This is for the HSV-010 GT Base Model '12.

PP 600, power 566bhp. Power limiter 86.6.

Engine tuning stage 3 .... Low RPM turbo.

No added ballast. Down force F 400 ... R 600.

LSD 13-11-6.

Gears (can't tell you how to go about it, only what they are) I do think they could do with some expert att'n though.
Max Speed 290
1-3840
2-2618
3-1926
4-1485
5-1199
6-1015
Fg-3892

70 - 70
11.21 - 13.01
1 -- 1
1 -- 1
7 -- 7
0 -- 0
0.05 -- -0.17

Let us know what you think as I'm always interested in improvement.

It is labelled, MC HAMI+, which means it is a MC HAMI tune which I have changed a bit over time.

LSD 13-11-6.

Gears (can't tell you how to go about it, only what they are) I do think they could do with some expert att'n though.
Max Speed 290
1-3840
2-2618
3-1926
4-1485
5-1199
6-1015
Fg-3892

70 - 70
11.21 - 13.01
1 -- 1
1 -- 1
7 -- 7
0 -- 0
0.05 -- -0.17

LSD 13-11-6.

Max Speed 290
1-3840
2-2618
3-1926
4-1485
5-1199
6-1015
Fg-3892

70 - 70
11.21 - 13.01
1 -- 1
1 -- 1
7 -- 7
0 -- 0
0.05 -- -0.17

Nice Tune:tup: Make A 6:58 total time race with this.

Very nice tunning i adjust also the final speed 300 kph to increase the pace on the final straight fun and stable
Thanks
Glad it was of help mate. When you say you adjusted the final speed 300kph, what is that? Do you mean you adjusted the Max Speed or did you adjust the Final Gear?

. I'm going to let this rest for the time being until I have been able to watch the videos. I just finished another 2nd with the newly tuned HSV. The tranny set up is very fast and is by @RCKakashi14, post #69 in this thread.

Thanks to @skeagracing and @RacingHardTV for their offers of videos.👍👍

I have done the lap and recorded. Upload to YouTube right now. It is not listed, only viewable with link.

I took the GTR, Pad (Arrow Keys), AT and the same setup with some tweaks to counter the massive understeer (complete setup at the end of the video)

With my tweaks I was around 10sec faster 0.o but both get the job done.

Last edited:
HSV-010 GT Base Model '12.

LSD 13-11-6.

70 - 70
11.21 - 13.01
1 -- 1
1 -- 1
7 -- 7
0 -- 0
0.05 -- -0.17

An interesting setup, and very forgiving. With it, I trounced Gutierrez FTW on my 3rd try with a 7:00 time. FYI, this was only the 3rd lap I've ever run in a GT500 in GT6!
Changes:
- For the transmission, from default I set 149 mph and 3.10 final gear, per the coryclifford setup.
- For the aero, I trimmed to 365/575, and it helped.
- I used Hami's brake balance of 6/7.

An interesting setup, and very forgiving. With it, I trounced Gutierrez FTW on my 3rd try with a 7:00 time. FYI, this was only the 3rd lap I've ever run in a GT500 in GT6!
Changes:
- For the transmission, from default I set 149 mph and 3.10 final gear, per the coryclifford setup.
- For the aero, I trimmed to 365/575, and it helped.
- I used Hami's brake balance of 6/7.
So your top speed is 240 kmh? Is that not a bit slow for the final straight? I get above the 300 kmh there. I do not know exactly how it works but 240 kmh does not seem fast for the last part.

I have done the lap and recorded. Upload to YouTube right now. It is not listed, only viewable with link.
---https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fruRYKl7u4Y---
I took the GTR, Pad (Arrow Keys), AT and the same setup with some tweaks to counter the massive understeer (complete setup at the end of the video)

With my tweaks I was around 10sec faster 0.o but both get the job done.

Nice racing! I haven't tried again with this event, but seeing you nail it like this makes me want to have another go with the GT-R!

I suppose it is possible to take advantage of the rubberbanding AI? I know it was possible in an earlier seasonal at the 'ring. IE don't overtake in the first sector, and then put the hammer down.
In the old seasonal the AI was some 10s slower over a lap if your first sector was slow.

Back