A-spec Expert Level GT500 Racing Car Challenge: Nürburgring Nordschleife

Discussion in 'GT6 Seasonal & Quick Match Events' started by nowcontrol, Jan 14, 2016.

1. UltimateLurker

UltimateLurker

I need to get a video of me doing this race, just for you all to laugh at. I run the first quarter of this track at impossible break-neck, physics-be-damned speed, then get slower and slower as I go, being more and more careful. If I drove this entire track like the first quarter, and could keep from crashing, I'd run a 6:20 for sure. Sweaty palms. lol

2. LM7325

LM7325

In my experience you just need to go all out from the start. If you can get by the first 2 backmarkers before the first high speed sector you have a good lap going. I close the gap the most on the uphill leading to the carrosell. If the gap is 10 sec or less at that point you just might
    win it.

3. Kossie

Kossie

LOL, Sometimes I sit in the middle of the race and the chance that I win is still quite big, as I ended up in the grass, I just start again, Out of sheer frustration, while I can still win.

4. Marapesu

Marapesu

I Adjust the Max Speed at 300 kph and then final gear to 5000 then your tunning gears and final gear to 3892 it's work for me

Dalone likes this.
  5. skeagracing

skeagracing

ASM was on. Tune by @corryclifford with one change to Final Gear 3.250. Fast lap 6:33.034. Winning margin 01.834.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  6. coryclifford

coryclifford

What's the flashing light to the right of the gear indicator, under the shift light?

BenMillard likes this.
  7. Racin510s

Racin510s

Thank you so much.:tup::tup: You drove like that with a DS3? Man I have a long way to go :lol:. I've watched it several times and picked up in 3 areas (sorry I don't know the names). 2nd this time by 4 sec. I'll keep watching and taking notes. This has helped me more than I can say. :bowdown:

Edit: Under 4 sec. buy not by much, still 2nd but I'm getting there.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
    GT_Astroboy and RacingHardTV like this.
  8. RacingHardTV

RacingHardTV

If you have the coolnes to look down there during a race, my respect :lol:. I think no one is looking at it or even know that such a feature even exist.

9. Benny44

Benny44

Having trouble? Here are my keys to victory:

1)When taking shortcuts across the grass, have a good exit strategy to get back on the track smoothly
    2)It does NOT prohibit the use of SRF and stability management-use it to make the grass feel like pavement
    3)Pretend the other cars on the track are there to help you corner more precisely...learn to not bounce off them too hard though

Dalone likes this.
  10. coryclifford

coryclifford

:D

I think it's AS or ASM or SRF kicking in. Not TCS though, that's in the throttle position meter.

I was surprised @Racin510s was asking for speeds. I have no idea how fast I'm going because I'm too busy looking where I'm going! :lol:

Racin510s likes this.
  11. Baron Blitz Red

Baron Blitz Red

Isn't that the Rev Limiter Indicator?

EDIT: Sorry mis-read it... under that with the car flashing is for ASM, is it not??? There's no indicator for SRF, so that can't be it.

Cheers

BenMillard likes this.
  12. Racin510s

Racin510s

:lol: Cory. I am watching where I'm going and I knew I was going to slow.:lol: There are certain places where I thought I could go faster and with @RacingHardTV video I've picked up almost 1.5 sec.

13. RacingHardTV

RacingHardTV

I talked about the Gear suggestion for the next corner. Never look at that, but as Schumacher at Benetton (saw a post on FB about that topic some time ago) I look at the speeds to see if there is room for more

Ahhh I see what you mean. At closer look there is flashing the car with rubber marks

14. donkeynuts007

donkeynuts007

Managed 6.46 (2nd place) in the Keihin HSV-010 '12. G29 wheel with 1 on traction and 1 on abs.

Oil change, improve body rigidity.
    Suspension: RH 53-53, SR 14.75-
    13.50, COMP 4-4, EXT 4-4, AR 3-3,
    CAM neg0.04-0.10, BRAKES 3-1.

TRANS; RESET, Set final to 5.500, Max Speed to 149. Then 1st-3.294, 2nd-2.364, 3rd-1.863, 4th-1.510, 5th-1.271, 6th-1.086 then the final back down to 3.617.

DIFF 8, 7, 17

POWER: Engine Stage 3, 97.8%.
    Downforce: F300-R450
    Ballast: 15kg Pos -40%.

Spun twice and went off-roading a few times for a 6m46s.

Lots of room for improvement

15. coryclifford

coryclifford

You can turn the gear indicator for the next corner off. :tup:

Yeah, @skeagracing said no aids, but I saw that and was like, I think that's an aid light flashing.

16. skeagracing

skeagracing

I have no clue what it is for.

17. RacingHardTV

RacingHardTV

:idea: It shows when the driving aid works/ kicks in. If you compare our replays, there is no flashing (exept the red rev-limiter light) on this symbol with the car and sliding rubber behind it, in my replay. In yours there is the illusion (caused by the free replay cam and therefore constantly changing background) that this sign is flashing up when cornering. But if you look at the full speed section after Bergwerk (where Lauda crashed) there it shows clearly in the dark background.
    It seems that you just forgot to turn off an assist. You can do it, that is for sure :cheers:
    Notthing said against anybody, just clarifying. Dont be mad at me :nervous:

skeagracing likes this.
  18. skeagracing

skeagracing

@RacingHardTV Thank you very much for the heads-up on this!! I have a kid with no work living with me. I will take a look. Again Thank You!!!!! The ASM was left on by my son. We had a little talk!! Again thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will also correct my post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BenMillard, Dalone and RacingHardTV like this.
  19. Dotini

Dotini Premium

My top speed was at least 178 mph, or about 286 Km/h.

Dalone likes this.
  20. skeagracing

skeagracing

@coryclifford Thank you!!! I corrected all my post and had a little talk with my son:ouch:!!

coryclifford likes this.
  21. coryclifford

coryclifford

Sorry to rain on your parade. :D

RacingHardTV and skeagracing like this.
  22. skeagracing

skeagracing

Thank you good buddy!!

23. skeagracing

skeagracing

This is from my personal Instructors manual on road racing

The five most important corners are from 1 to 5.
    1. Corners leading to the longest straight. If there are several corners before the longest straightaway the corners before the last corner are throwaway corners and are not important only the last one before the straightaway is important.
    2. The fastest corners on the track.

3. Any corner after the end of the longest straightaway or straightaways if there are more than one.
    4. Connected corners are very important because if you mess up any of them you will not be set up for the next one’s and your rhythm will be interrupted.
    5. Slow corners such as 180* hairpin.

Also when testing go slow to go fast so you can get your rhythm down for the track that you are testing at. Enjoy @coryclifford....

Racin510s likes this.
  24. Dalone

Dalone

I think he is referring to the Max Speed, before you do the gears, not his actual top speed on the track.
    I would add that I can get just above 300kmh sometimes on the run to the overhead in the first bit, a minute or so into the game, but never reach that speed on the final straight before the overhead.

25. Dalone

Dalone

When taking shortcuts? You can't boast about your time if you take short cuts. OK if you are just grinding for the cash of course.

Benny44 and coryclifford like this.
  26. coryclifford

coryclifford

Shouldn't boast about winning if you're cheating in my opinion. Weak. Grinding or not.

27. Dalone

Dalone

A new PB, 6:45.814 .... 6:17.681 ..... win by 21.933 sec's. Been playing with gears a bit.

skeagracing and coryclifford like this.
  28. coryclifford

coryclifford

What's the car in P1 at the start? Z or the twin GT-R gang?

Dalone likes this.
  29. Dalone

Dalone

Have turned it off and mopped the floor and can't remember exactly but think it was;

1st the Nissan XANAVI NISMO Z (SUPER GT) ‘06 or the Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R (SUPER GT) ‘08

2nd the WOODONE ADVAN Clarion GT-R (SUPER GT) ‘08

3rd is one of those which started in 1st place.

I used to write them down but found it too hard to get the same line up again and so just took what I got. Haven't had this one before though that I can remember.

I can say that I was only getting 6:47/8 until I changed the gears a bit. Have to go out now but will post the gears when I return.

30. Benny44

Benny44

I was trying to be funny. I guess it didn't work too well haha.

Dalone likes this.