A-spec Expert Level GT500 Racing Car Challenge: Nürburgring Nordschleife

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 406 comments
I need to get a video of me doing this race, just for you all to laugh at. I run the first quarter of this track at impossible break-neck, physics-be-damned speed, then get slower and slower as I go, being more and more careful. If I drove this entire track like the first quarter, and could keep from crashing, I'd run a 6:20 for sure. Sweaty palms. lol

In my experience you just need to go all out from the start. If you can get by the first 2 backmarkers before the first high speed sector you have a good lap going. I close the gap the most on the uphill leading to the carrosell. If the gap is 10 sec or less at that point you just might
win it.

I need to get a video of me doing this race, just for you all to laugh at. I run the first quarter of this track at impossible break-neck, physics-be-damned speed, then get slower and slower as I go, being more and more careful. If I drove this entire track like the first quarter, and could keep from crashing, I'd run a 6:20 for sure. Sweaty palms. lol

LOL, Sometimes I sit in the middle of the race and the chance that I win is still quite big, as I ended up in the grass, I just start again, Out of sheer frustration, while I can still win.

Glad it was of help mate. When you say you adjusted the final speed 300kph, what is that? Do you mean you adjusted the Max Speed or did you adjust the Final Gear?
I Adjust the Max Speed at 300 kph and then final gear to 5000 then your tunning gears and final gear to 3892 it's work for me

I have done the lap and recorded. Upload to YouTube right now. It is not listed, only viewable with link.

I took the GTR, Pad (Arrow Keys), AT and the same setup with some tweaks to counter the massive understeer (complete setup at the end of the video)

With my tweaks I was around 10sec faster 0.o but both get the job done.

Thank you so much.👍👍 You drove like that with a DS3? Man I have a long way to go :lol:. I've watched it several times and picked up in 3 areas (sorry I don't know the names). 2nd this time by 4 sec. I'll keep watching and taking notes. This has helped me more than I can say. :bowdown:

Edit: Under 4 sec. buy not by much, still 2nd but I'm getting there.

Last edited:
Having trouble? Here are my keys to victory:

1)When taking shortcuts across the grass, have a good exit strategy to get back on the track smoothly
2)It does NOT prohibit the use of SRF and stability management-use it to make the grass feel like pavement
3)Pretend the other cars on the track are there to help you corner more precisely...learn to not bounce off them too hard though

If you have the coolnes to look down there during a race, my respect :lol:. I think no one is looking at it or even know that such a feature even exist.

:D

I think it's AS or ASM or SRF kicking in. Not TCS though, that's in the throttle position meter.

I was surprised @Racin510s was asking for speeds. I have no idea how fast I'm going because I'm too busy looking where I'm going! :lol:

I think it's AS or ASM or SRF kicking in. Not TCS though, that's in the throttle position meter.

I was surprised @Racin510s was asking for speeds. I have no idea how fast I'm going because I'm too busy looking where I'm going! :lol:

:lol: Cory. I am watching where I'm going and I knew I was going to slow.:lol: There are certain places where I thought I could go faster and with @RacingHardTV video I've picked up almost 1.5 sec.

I talked about the Gear suggestion for the next corner. Never look at that, but as Schumacher at Benetton (saw a post on FB about that topic some time ago) I look at the speeds to see if there is room for more

Ahhh I see what you mean. At closer look there is flashing the car with rubber marks

Managed 6.46 (2nd place) in the Keihin HSV-010 '12. G29 wheel with 1 on traction and 1 on abs.

Oil change, improve body rigidity.
Suspension: RH 53-53, SR 14.75-
13.50, COMP 4-4, EXT 4-4, AR 3-3,
CAM neg0.04-0.10, BRAKES 3-1.

TRANS; RESET, Set final to 5.500, Max Speed to 149. Then 1st-3.294, 2nd-2.364, 3rd-1.863, 4th-1.510, 5th-1.271, 6th-1.086 then the final back down to 3.617.

DIFF 8, 7, 17

POWER: Engine Stage 3, 97.8%.
Downforce: F300-R450
Ballast: 15kg Pos -40%.

Spun twice and went off-roading a few times for a 6m46s.

Lots of room for improvement

I have no clue what it is for.
💡 It shows when the driving aid works/ kicks in. If you compare our replays, there is no flashing (exept the red rev-limiter light) on this symbol with the car and sliding rubber behind it, in my replay. In yours there is the illusion (caused by the free replay cam and therefore constantly changing background) that this sign is flashing up when cornering. But if you look at the full speed section after Bergwerk (where Lauda crashed) there it shows clearly in the dark background.
It seems that you just forgot to turn off an assist. You can do it, that is for sure :cheers:
Notthing said against anybody, just clarifying. Dont be mad at me :nervous:

💡 It shows when the driving aid works/ kicks in. If you compare our replays, there is no flashing (exept the red rev-limiter light) on this symbol with the car and sliding rubber behind it, in my replay. In yours there is the illusion (caused by the free replay cam and therefore constantly changing background) that this sign is flashing up when cornering. But if you look at the full speed section after Bergwerk (where Lauda crashed) there it shows clearly in the dark background.
It seems that you just forgot to turn off an assist. You can do it, that is for sure :cheers:
Notthing said against anybody, just clarifying. Dont be mad at me :nervous:
@RacingHardTV Thank you very much for the heads-up on this!! I have a kid with no work living with me. I will take a look. Again Thank You!!!!! The ASM was left on by my son. We had a little talk!! Again thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will also correct my post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
So your top speed is 240 kmh? Is that not a bit slow for the final straight? I get above the 300 kmh there. I do not know exactly how it works but 240 kmh does not seem fast for the last part.
My top speed was at least 178 mph, or about 286 Km/h.

Sorry to rain on your parade. :D
This is from my personal Instructors manual on road racing

The five most important corners are from 1 to 5.
1. Corners leading to the longest straight. If there are several corners before the longest straightaway the corners before the last corner are throwaway corners and are not important only the last one before the straightaway is important.
2. The fastest corners on the track.

3. Any corner after the end of the longest straightaway or straightaways if there are more than one.
4. Connected corners are very important because if you mess up any of them you will not be set up for the next one’s and your rhythm will be interrupted.
5. Slow corners such as 180* hairpin.

Also when testing go slow to go fast so you can get your rhythm down for the track that you are testing at. Enjoy @coryclifford....

Last edited:
My top speed was at least 178 mph, or about 286 Km/h.
So your top speed is 240 kmh? Is that not a bit slow for the final straight? I get above the 300 kmh there. I do not know exactly how it works but 240 kmh does not seem fast for the last part.
I think he is referring to the Max Speed, before you do the gears, not his actual top speed on the track.
I would add that I can get just above 300kmh sometimes on the run to the overhead in the first bit, a minute or so into the game, but never reach that speed on the final straight before the overhead.

Having trouble? Here are my keys to victory:

1)When taking shortcuts across the grass, have a good exit strategy to get back on the track smoothly
2)It does NOT prohibit the use of SRF and stability management-use it to make the grass feel like pavement
3)Pretend the other cars on the track are there to help you corner more precisely...learn to not bounce off them too hard though
When taking shortcuts? You can't boast about your time if you take short cuts. OK if you are just grinding for the cash of course.

What's the car in P1 at the start? Z or the twin GT-R gang?
Have turned it off and mopped the floor and can't remember exactly but think it was;

1st the Nissan XANAVI NISMO Z (SUPER GT) ‘06 or the Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R (SUPER GT) ‘08

2nd the WOODONE ADVAN Clarion GT-R (SUPER GT) ‘08

3rd is one of those which started in 1st place.

I used to write them down but found it too hard to get the same line up again and so just took what I got. Haven't had this one before though that I can remember.

I can say that I was only getting 6:47/8 until I changed the gears a bit. Have to go out now but will post the gears when I return.

Back