A-spec Expert Level GT500 Racing Car Challenge: Nürburgring Nordschleife

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 406 comments
I was trying to be funny. I guess it didn't work too well haha.
No worries mate, all good. I still reckon cutting across the grass is OK if you are just grinding for cash, did plenty of it in the GT4 and GT5 for that reason.

No worries mate, all good. I still reckon cutting across the grass is OK if you are just grinding for cash, did plenty of it in the GT4 and GT5 for that reason.

NASCAR at Monza :lol: Cutting the 2nd chicane and win with 580pp

It is possible to cut, but it needs lot of practice. Locations are: Hoheneichen, Adenauer Forst, S Corner before Hohe Acht, Stefan Bellow-S (more or less) and Hohenrain.

I knew Dirty Nordschleife Lobbys will pay off someday :)

NASCAR at Monza :lol: Cutting the 2nd chicane and win with 580pp

It is possible to cut, but it needs lot of practice. Locations are: Hoheneichen, Adenauer Forst, S Corner before Hohe Acht, Stefan Bellow-S (more or less) and Hohenrain.

I knew Dirty Nordschleife Lobbys will pay off someday :)

Watching this to get a bit of pro advice on The Ring. Lets see if it pays off...

nice Video, best of all are the popups on the right bottom with the section-names

Yeah it's useful for knowing what the track does and how to get the car balanced through some of the trickier corners. I also like how they show steering wheel angles to get the car through multiple corners without any wheel adjustments. Will take me a while to get that pro with a DS3!!

I will admit to using the AI as bounce-rails from time to time (if I simply can't find another way around). There was one race last year, Tokyo 246 Reverse I think, where I could not get a field where an AI wasn't right in my path at the first corner. I accidentally came in too hot once and just happened to have just enough of the inside line that I tapped the AI and went around the corner like Takumi! That was it, from then on I tried the same trick every time, but rarely made it because it was so difficult to time it just perfectly. Sometimes I get lucky and do that, but it's not something I look for, or can duplicate with great success. I think PD has done a great job of making that difficult. No matter what the AI does, they lose very little speed or stability, but if we step out of bounds for an instant it's goodbye decent time.

Try this:

HSV tune

Added body rigidity and do oil change.

Suspension
62/62
12.13/12.13
2/2
2/2
3/3
0/0
0/0
Brakes 5/5

LSD 10/11/20

Engine Stage 3 and at 96.8%

Downforce 320 and 550

Transmission reset to default
149 mph
3.100 final gear

592 hp
351 ft-lb
1.85 kg/hp

Can you tell me which HSV this tune is meant for? There a few HSV's out there. Thank you!

Hi
I tried with Hsv and i can reach a second place, i have tried with this car (Nissan Calsonic skyline) and i am really far from them, can you please post your tune for the Calsonic?
Thank you

Sure here it is. Maybe there is a little tweak required somewhere. This car tends to understeer at certain speed. So this tune worked well out for me.

F/R
60/55
14.43/13.76
3/4
6/3
4/4
0.0/0.0
0.00/0.00

Brakes
5/5

DT:
5/10/10

Power
98.4% limiter
Stage 1 turbo

DF
350/600

Transmission:
1st 2.677
2nd 2.135
3rd 1.710
4th 1.400
5th 1.175
6th 0.996
Final 3.100

Ended up up using Praiano's tune for the HONDA RAYBRIG HSV-010 `12 //600PP // RACINGHARD TIRES

I changed the final gear to 3.100 and won on my second try. I caught the rabbit right at the final long straightaway. I'm not a great driver but somehow I've managed to become very good on the Ring. I guess because it's been a seasonal so many times that I've basically memorized it. I think the key is knowing which red line corners you can drive right through rather than slowing down or breaking. At least I'm good at one track:-)

Tried Engine Tuning 3 and Low RPM Turbo, PowerLimiter @ 86.6.

I can't get the turbo to work for me at all, Cory's N/A tune is so much faster. Have you tweaked your tune further? Are you still using the turbo? I'm about to plug yours in tonight to see if I can catch Cory (so he'll be forced to beat his own time by another 4 seconds :D).

Well it took 50+ tries, a tune from @shaunm80 and I had to break down and turn on SRF... But it's done! A gold medal! This was not easy and I suggest that anyone still struggling to get gold, just keep trying! Learning the Green Hell takes a lot of time and practice! Good Luck! :cheers:

20160119_142132.jpg

I can't get the turbo to work for me at all, Cory's N/A tune is so much faster. Have you tweaked your tune further? Are you still using the turbo? I'm about to plug yours in tonight to see if I can catch Cory (so he'll be forced to beat his own time by another 4 seconds :D).

:D

I can come really close to my time and I'd guess it's the torque and setting the downforce to max on both sides. Car is down about 30 hp over the NA car. Car is quite a bit slower at top speed though. Once this oil change wears off it should be a little faster.

Maybe NA and more aero is the fastest?

Just had a crack at it with my '97 Tom's Supra. Ended up 2nd about 10 seconds off the lead. Got to work on the first sectors on the course to see if I can pick up some more time.

Mission 34....if you remember that, you may still have nightmares. But it is how I learned the 'Ring

Mission 34 was a lot harder.

But yea, anyone who spent many hours into that have already remember every single corners there.

Finally got a clean run, but still lots of time left. My laptime is 6:15,412 with DS3 and ABS: 1 only.

Tune HSV Base Model '12

70 65
11,21 12,13
1 1
2 2
6 6
0 0
0 0

racing brake: 5 / 5

LSD: 10 / 11 / 12

power: high rpm turbo @ 81,1% limiter ( no oil change )

downforce: 400 / 550

gearbox:
reset to default
topspeed: 240km/h
gears ( 1st - 6th ): 4,919 / 3,458 / 2,720 / 2,184 / 1,765 / 1,440
then set final gear to 2,750

Works well, 6th gear is a bit long but could be useful if you got slipstream on the final
straight.

The car has lots of rotation on corner entry, because i like it this way. If you have trouble to
control it you should use active stearing or even SRF.

Last edited:
Still using the same tune with Engine Tuning and Low RPM Turbo, the only change was gearbox and I really felt it was quicker with the gears I am now using.
Max speed 240km/h
1 .... 4460
2 .... 3247
3 .... 2598
4 .... 2133
5 .... 1786
6 .... 1562
Final gear 2647

This was the tune I used for my PB 6:17.

I'll be having a good look at Ed Nights tune when he posts.

1st seems long but it works for me but 5th to 6th could probably benefit from some expert help. 5th does about 280 odd km/h which doesn't leave too much for 6th. But I do not understand how it all works so I'll leave it at that for a while.

Last edited:
Got 4th so far with the GT-R GT500 Base Model. Got held up a lot by a Honda around the 3/5 mark. Also just waking up didn't help either. A lot of fun though so I'm gonna try again when I get home.

Back