A-spec Expert Level GT500 Racing Car Challenge: Nürburgring Nordschleife

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 406 comments
I'm not a semi-pro like most of you guys seem to be. And I'm using a controller, not the wheel/pedal setup. Best I've done on this is 2nd with HSV. Have tried GTR base, Z Base, and others (for worse placing). But I'd agree with previous post, the Ring has become my hands-down fav track. In attempting to chase gold I've fairly well memorized the track, but still find myself getting brake happy.

Try this:

HSV tune

Added body rigidity and do oil change.

Suspension
62/62
12.13/12.13
2/2
2/2
3/3
0/0
0/0
Brakes 5/5

LSD 10/11/20

Engine Stage 3 and at 96.8%

Downforce 320 and 550

Transmission reset to default
149 mph
3.100 final gear

592 hp
351 ft-lb
1.85 kg/hp
Great tune,Cory! Finally had a chance to run it. Finished second, 2.3 secs behind on my first try. I just need to stay off the curbs because I think that's where i'm losing those two secs. The car has great grip. Hit 182 on the straight and a 6:39 lap but still not enough.
Thanks!

ok here is my stable foregiving setup for a HSV-010 GT Base Model '12
I would be glad if anyone trys out and gives feedback ;) maybe those who dont manage first by now.
For me (not realy a "pro" and not a "clean") it was good for a 6:30 which i couldnt hardly emagin to get on this track.

supension:
65 - 60
14.50 - 16.00
6 - 5
4 - 6
6 - 6
0.6 - 0.5
-0.20 - +0.35

breaks:
6 - 4

gearbox:
320kph (auto)

LSD:

power:
limiter 86.6%
engine stage3
turbo low

downforce
300 - 425

AS - strong
TC - 1
ASK (dont know how its called in english but its turned off ;) )
ABS - 1
this last option is on (dont no either how this is called but it helps to stay on the track)

that gave me 600PP, 422kw 1.100kg 558 torque (Nm) and a win each time i do not spin out completely (not often).
normally i manage first position before i reach the long straight and i goes over 300kph.

good luck
I'm curious about any feedback :)

46 club action

image.jpeg

And some 666 action

Last edited:
Finally got a clean run, but still lots of time left. My laptime is 6:15,412 with DS3 and ABS: 1 only.

Tune HSV Base Model '12

70 65
11,21 12,13
1 1
2 2
6 6
0 0
0 0

racing brake: 5 / 5

LSD: 10 / 11 / 12

power: high rpm turbo @ 81,1% limiter ( no oil change )

downforce: 400 / 550

gearbox:
reset to default
topspeed: 240km/h
gears ( 1st - 6th ): 4,919 / 3,458 / 2,720 / 2,184 / 1,765 / 1,440
then set final gear to 2,750

Works well, 6th gear is a bit long but could be useful if you got slipstream on the final
straight.

The car has lots of rotation on corner entry, because i like it this way. If you have trouble to
control it you should use active stearing or even SRF.

Really the best tuning ever! Tried lot of attempts and with your one I made it at the first !! Thank you!

Hello Clifford and all other members of this great race site,

Clifford I'm new here on this site and was looking for the right set of HSV-010 GT Base model '12.
On a few points, such as the negative camber (front rear at 1.5 and 3.5) I did exactly what you had written.

What I absolutely did not understand is, Transmission reset to default
149 mph
3100 final gear.

Indeed, I've put the gearbox in default and the final drive in 3100.
The car drives perfectly, but the speed is in the 5th gear up to 178 mph.
The 6th gear the car picks.
This car has 601 bhp which should be enough; I'm pretty sure that I make a mistake here!

Sex would you explain to me what you mean by Transmission reset to default
149 mph ???
3100 final gear ???

Thank you very much in advance.

Greeting from the Netherlands, Rico

Hello Clifford,

Here a small supplement.

Yesterday ridden and lost with one second difference with number one.

So my transmission is set:

1st gear 4.065
2nd gear 2.673
3rd gear 1.925
4th gear 1.456
5th gear 1.156
6th gear 1.037

The final drive is with me now at 4,250.

I am sure that I make a mistake, but I come close to victory.

Will you help me if you please.

Greetings, Rico

Still on 6:17.681 ... 6:45.814 total time. Just wondering what time people are doing the 1st and 2nd sections in.

I do the 1st in mid to low 39's and the 2nd between 1:08.6 (best) and 1:09.
If I go over 39 seconds in the 1st I start again and if I go over 1:09.1 I start again.

ok here is my stable foregiving setup for a HSV-010 GT Base Model '12
I would be glad if anyone trys out and gives feedback ;) maybe those who dont manage first by now.
For me (not realy a "pro" and not a "clean") it was good for a 6:30 which i couldnt hardly emagin to get on this track.

supension:
65 - 60
14.50 - 16.00
6 - 5
4 - 6
6 - 6
0.6 - 0.5
-0.20 - +0.35

breaks:
6 - 4

gearbox:
320kph (auto)

LSD:

power:
limiter 86.6%
engine stage3
turbo low

downforce
300 - 425

AS - strong
TC - 1
ASK (dont know how its called in english but its turned off ;) )
ABS - 1
this last option is on (dont no either how this is called but it helps to stay on the track)

that gave me 600PP, 422kw 1.100kg 558 torque (Nm) and a win each time i do not spin out completely (not often).
normally i manage first position before i reach the long straight and i goes over 300kph.

good luck
I'm curious about any feedback :)

Hallo,

Hallo,

Können Sie mir sagen, wie Sie die verschiedenen sechs Gänge eingestellt habe?
Und wie der Staat Achsantrieb mit einer Geschwindigkeit von 320 kmh.

Grüße aus Holland, Rico

Hallo,

Hallo,

Können Sie mir sagen, wie Sie die verschiedenen sechs Gänge eingestellt habe?
Und wie der Staat Achsantrieb mit einer Geschwindigkeit von 320 kmh.

Grüße aus Holland, Rico

Hallo,
Vor 10 Minuten fuhr das Rennen mit den folgenden Einstellungen:
1. Gang 4,250
2. Gang 2,960
3. Gang 2,070
4. Gang 1,580
5. Gang 1,255
6. Gang 0,985
Geschwindigkeit 320kmh
Fahrgeschwindigkeit max. 295 kmh und 800 Umdrehungen pro Minute auf.
Zweiter mit drei Sekunden Rückstand.
Irgendwelche Tipps ??
Grüße Rico

Hey,
10 minutes ago drove the race with the following settings:
1st gear 4.250
2. gear 2.960
3. gear 2.070
4. gear 1.580
5. gear 1.255
6. gear 0.985
Speed 320kmh
Driving speed max. 295 mph and about 800 rpm left.
Finished second with three seconds behind number.
Any tips ??
greetings Rico
P.S.
I am really sorry that I have answered the German in his own language, I did not know this was not allowed.
And for the German; there is never by any German made any remark about my German language.
Teach you first to speak Dutch before you have any remarks or tell me what I have written wrong

I am really sorry that I have answered the German in his own language, I did not know this was not allowed.
And for the German; there is never by any German made any remark about my German language.
Teach you first to speak Dutch before you have any remarks or tell me what I have written wrong

come on i was just kidding ;)
your german is realy good. better than my english indeed.

did you read my answers in the conversation ? did they help you ?

would you explain to me what you mean by Transmission reset to default
149 mph ???
3100 final gear ???

After you do the power upgrades go to transmission setting. Then, reset the transmission to default. Then, move the Max Speed slider all the way to the left 149 (240 km/h). Then, set the Final Gear to 3.100

You should see 182mph (~292 km/h) going up the hill on the long straight before the end and a little more as you come down the hill to the finish line.

My car is making 592 HP so if yours makes more, the numbers will be slightly different.

👍

Tune HSV Base Model '12

Using the video as a guide to improve my apex/cornering, I managed to finally get gold in the HSV base at just over 7 min. I had to adjust slightly since I'm using controller, but will now keep at it to improve my time.

ps. To quote "Days of Thunder":
Harry Hogge: Cole, you're wandering all over the track!

Cole Trickle: Yeah, well this son of a bitch just slammed into me.

Harry Hogge: No, no, he didn't slam you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you... he *rubbed* you. And rubbin, son, is racin'.[/QUOTE]

After you do the power upgrades go to transmission setting. Then, reset the transmission to default. Then, move the Max Speed slider all the way to the left 149 (240 km/h). Then, set the Final Gear to 3.100

You should see 182mph (~292 km/h) going up the hill on the long straight before the end and a little more as you come down the hill to the finish line.

My car is making 592 HP so if yours makes more, the numbers will be slightly different.

👍
or do it like this.

For me it works out if i just do the autosetup in the gearbox. and i like to have some RPM in reserve in case i have someone in front of me ... (who to say "Windschatten" ?? ) .
max speed was about 318 once in a race then i had to take care of the next corner not to fly off ;)

I'm not a semi-pro like most of you guys seem to be. And I'm using a controller, not the wheel/pedal setup. Best II've done on this is 2nd with HSV. Have tried GTR base, Z Base, and others (for worse placing). But I'd agree with previous post, the Ring has become my hands-down fav track. In attempting to chase gold I've fairly well memorized the track, but still find myself getting brake happy.
Yeah, I assume most or all of the really fast times are with a wheel. I'm still having trouble with this one too. The best I've been able to do is 7:05.XXX total time, and I've been less than 2 seconds behind the leader several times. It seems every time I get a faster time, so does the leader. The key for me is not so much driving the ring fast, but passing while keeping your speed and some semblance of a racing line. Especially when the AI is weaving on the straights and high speed corners

Latest Posts

Back