A-spec Expert Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 196 comments
Got it just before Academy last year. I can't exactly remember when that was. Pretty steep learning curve. I couldn't, or wouldn't move my arms fast enough.

Tried out a few cars. The Mercedes-Benz AMG VGT thus far for myself has been the easiest and fastest car I have tried using a quick tune. The 567 PP, Evora was a surprise performer using my own quick tune. I tried the Gallardo at 600 PP to see what a non-CoryClifford alien type driver can do with the car.... It is really fast... I just don't like the braking on it, which I'm sure is because of my mediocre tune.

Mercedes Benz AMG VGT Panorama Standings.jpg
Mercedes Benz AMG VGT Panorama Car.jpg
Evora Panorama Standings.jpg
Gallardo Panorama Standings.jpg

Got it just before Academy last year. I can't exactly remember when that was. Pretty steep learning curve. I couldn't, or wouldn't move my arms fast enough.
cory, I have a wheel as well, but found that I am faster using my controller. Part of the problem is my wheel is 5 years old and all I have currently to mount it to is a TV tray, so it moves around a lot!! but still fun to pull out every now and then to mess around with. Usually I don't have a lot of time to set up so a controller is easier to get in a quick race or two...lol:cheers:

Here is a fun one to try.... The 1989, Nissan 300ZX 2Seater (Z32). The car has too much power for its chassis! :crazy:

300ZX Panorama Standings.jpg

Skeagracing: YOUR turn for a video! đź‘Ť Wonder what car you will choose?

Won it with a X Bow.
Although, I really enjoy driving the Caterham Seven Fireblade. I finish around 6th place but it's so much fun to drive, especially in the mid sector of the lap.

Won it with a X Bow.
Although, I really enjoy driving the Caterham Seven Fireblade. I finish around 6th place but it's so much fun to drive, especially in the mid sector of the lap.

The normal one or the XBow R? I tried the XBow R and it's ridiculous how planted that thing is.

Not with the R. I used the normal (Street) one.

I still haven't used the heavy machinery with this race.

I really miss the feature where the prize money would get increased depending upon the PP stat of the car.

Retried this in my Viper yet again. Barthurst really teaches you how to tune your car, and I'm super glad for the seasonal.

DSC_0510_zps1hnbfccb.jpg

I have no idea if this time is any good though, since I'm a noob tuner. Fastest lap with no competitors around is around the 2 minute 5 second range, though with a bit of lucky slipstream I did manage a 2:04.8 on lap 3. Can anyone else please try with the Viper and see if they can get better times?

Once a day I play the Mount Panorama race with the Catherham Fireblade. It's not as powerful as the AI cars but a sheer delight to drive. I used to love watching the Caterham races on TV as well.

In the picture, the car is on 2 wheels whilst negotiating the unwinding turns in the middle sector of the lap!

Attachments

• 20161110_200312.jpg
    20161110_200312.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 13
@fordlaser777 Welp, that confirms my suspicions that I'm clueless at tuning, HAHA! Mind sharing the tune with us please?
This tune below is from @shaunm80 SRT Viper GTS 15th Anniversary Edition '13 (600PP) tune but I put that tune on a SRT Viper GTS '13, the transmission is mine on this car and it is fast but don't overdrive it or you will get into trouble, credit goes to @shaunm80 :cheers:.

SRT Viper GTS '13 (600PP)

600PP
726 BHP
1260kgs
Weight Distribution 50:50

Sports Soft Tyres
NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
100/110
10.50/12.00
5/6
4/5
2/5
0.0/0.0
-0.10/0.05

Racing Brake Kit
8/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 4.500
Set max speed to 240kmh
1st 2.650
2nd 2.000
3rd 1.590
4th 1.300
5th 1.080
6th 0.925
Set final gear to 2.720

FC LSD
8/10/12
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 92.8%
Engine Tuning Stage 3

Weight Reduction Stage 3

Today tried the Jaguar XJ220 with stage 2 turbo and for the rest fully tuned and it was a complete pussycat. Enjoyed it throughly, it isn't the fastest I've driven but can beat the Huayra with ease.

Not sure how you came to 570 PP but I found a combo for 571 PP. Rest was stock. Car is floaty! And the win over the Huayra was pretty easy on the first try. The Miura is like a barely controlable rocketship!

Back