A-spec Expert Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Nürburgring Nordschleife

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 500 comments
Are somebody here using SH? I didn't try this seasonal yet and I was wondering about doing it with SH but I read in the previous post that it's a real hard event. So, are SS the only possible tires to win?

I tried the NSX Type R '02 (550PP) on SH. First race against Viper ACR, I won by 5 seconds or so, lap time around 7:02. Second try against Aston Martin One-77, won by 2 seconds, lap time 7:02~ again.

This "race" would be so much better without the AI, they're absolutely useless. Just give us a target time to beat and it would be much more fun :ouch:

I would imagine the reason you're 24 seconds faster is you don't have any of the AI cars to contend with and get around during a Free Run. I know they blocked me several times during my attempts.

If you own a Nissan GT-R Black Edition, give it a shot. I'd be more than happy to share the exact tune I used, if you don't already have something your comfortable with -suits your driving style, etc.. Several of us have used that exact model GT-R and gotten 1st Place. And trust me...I'm just an average skilled GT6'er - nothing special about my lap times.

thank you =) and yeah think your right about the free run thing. ill give the GTR BE a go and a tune would be good thank you =)

Welcome !
But are you sure you're in the right topic ?
To win, I needed lap times around or less than 7'
I would guess that @Aleppo is quoting the total race time from the results board which includes the minute of rolling start before the lap time counter begins.

I've tried 1 lap in the GT-R black edition which already had a tune on it from some time in the past, removed power upgrades & used limiter to drop to 500pp. Only 3rd on the 1st attempt but it will be gold soon enough.

Hey all. Well, well, a challenge. Great fun this one. Have to agree with earlier post saying this is a lot like the Lambo seasonal from gt5. Once again, your lead opponents make a huge difference in this race. Had quite a tough field for my first race, 2nd a few times, in the Maseratti. Changed my car over to the Tommy Kiara ZZ11 and had a reasonably comfortable win. You do have to drive the tyres off it though. m currently trying with Lambo sv, much quicker than the ZZ11, and cant get past 2nd, at the moment. Doing some quick laps, but just cant quite get there. Anyway, heaps of fun. The little jaunt round the speed ring is fun too...cheers

Done it so far with Praiano's Audi R8, LFA, BMW CSL - good close races with no room for error. If anyone wants a fairly stress free win just jump in the stock FT1 and make sure you are in front of the Pagani or the ZR1 by the time you hit the final straight. :)

219775-0dfe880dfe361977f23baa088c578a0d.jpg

Attachments

• 20141016_220645.jpg
    20141016_220645.jpg
    873.7 KB · Views: 17
I added sports soft tyres to a stock F430 Scuderia, I had in the garage. First attempt equalled a third place, but I was right on the tail of the two leading cars, second attempt resulted in a win, despite a bit of over ambitious braking that saw me of the track and clipping a barrier. Lap time was a 7:07.xxx, Fun car to throw around green hell :)

The competition were the one77 and a Viper of some description...

Never driven my GTR Black before. A quick trip to weight watchers plus a detune for the limit got me a 6 second win.

The FT-1 Graphite likes the track too but I needed a clean lap to win by two tenths after two attempts.

This event is going to be getting a few reruns.👍

Sounds like the rubber banding on this one is even more comical than the last race car seasonal race at nurb.

I have tried 7 seven times and each time the AI hit me, I got hit every time at the right hander after the long fast section at start of lap, they hit so hard I went across gravel trap and into barrier, on the last attempt my car rolled after being attacked. I will not try again.

I have tried 7 seven times and each time the AI hit me, I got hit every time at the right hander after the long fast section at start of lap, they hit so hard I went across gravel trap and into barrier, on the last attempt my car rolled after being attacked. I will not try again.

Glad i'm not the only one getting battered by AI based on the average Quick Match driver :irked:

Welcome !
But are you sure you're in the right topic ?
To win, I needed lap times around or less than 7'
I think the end result page adds a minute. I noticed I ran a 7:12 on one race and the finish showed 8:12.

I think the end result page adds a minute. I noticed I ran a 7:12 on one race and the finish showed 8:12.

It shows the full race time, rather than just the lap time. The race time starts counting as soon as you click race - lap only starts once you get control.

That happened to me a couple of times. The AI seems to forget about braking at this corner. But I found something quite interesting. After several free run practices and then getting into the race, it seems to me that PD has drastically reduced the grip on this part of the course. I had to alter my braking point significantly and just limp around the corner. I noticed the same thing on the recent Apricot Hill and Suzuka seasonals.

Finally did it, Golf R, fully modified with max ballast. 7:07.551 to just win ahead of the Aston One-77. Not the quickest run I had had, but apparently the AI was a bit slower this time for whatever reason. Never seen them over 8:08 total time at any point, with one time the lead car running an 8:02 which I think would require a 7:00 lap. I suspect a KTM would probably win it easily, but I was trying to use a normal car around the PP limit rather than using one that is massively OP for the PP it has.

Do a sloppy first sector and take advantage of how the AI adjusts their pace to yours.
I've often wondered if you could use a strategy like this to "game" the AI. Never really tried it, though.
The capriciousness of the AI isn't fun. I made a 7:32 lap and was 6 seconds behind first place. No prob, different car, some practice runs, got 1st with a 7:02, however, 2nd place was less than a second behind me. Thats a 24 second difference...
Yeah, I can't even count the number of times where the AI mysteriously gets faster as I get faster. As stupid as they are, the least they could do would be to be consistent so you know what time you have to get in these time trial-like pseudo-races. :irked:

This "race" would be so much better without the AI, they're absolutely useless. Just give us a target time to beat and it would be much more fun :ouch:
That's the thing, though: the target time changes. I find it's actually rather hard to predict how fast you need to be to actually get first in these. In theory, the variability should be great: the challenge will be matched to your skill. In practice, though, it doesn't quite seem to work out like that.
If anyone wants a fairly stress free win just jump in the stock FT1 and make sure you are in front of the Pagani or the ZR1 by the time you hit the final straight. :)
In my experience, there's no such thing as stress-free on the Nordschleife! :lol:

Last edited:
Lexus LFA -fail
BMW M3 Chrome Line - fail
Toyota FT-1 Graphite - win with a last corner pass of One-77 and a time of 7:09.5xx.

The Toyota was just a million times more stable throughout the track than the Lexus or the BMW. Very fun to drive.

I can't get into the psn network to try these lol. Anyone else having this issue right now? Psn maint?

I've believed for quite awhile that if I sneak past the AI on the outside, they seem to be befuddled and take some time to get going, however if I make an aggressive pass on the inside, or bump them, its all over. That super magic grip and rocket booster speed take over.

Back