A-spec Expert Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Nürburgring Nordschleife

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 500 comments
I'll try the Ford GT40 tuned to 550 PP. It also has fixed downforce figures, so that should be an edge.

When I did the race with a KTM X-Bow (and won), the rabbit Viper ACR was actually stalling the Zonda 7.3, I was wondering why the time gap between sectors are significantly decreasing. :lol:

There's luck for you. You'll also be lucky if the Buick Special is the lead car.

Took the VW Nardo, first two races I was about 1,5 seconds behind the winning car.
Then I realized I was on SH...

Slapped some SS on it and won in 6.56.238, 1,771 in front of the Zonda and 21,109 for the ZZ II.

Nice racing, not easy, but certainly doable and lots of fun.
Maybe my 68.000 km on the Nordschleife are paying off now ... :lol:

Love this seasonal !!
Anything on this track :P

This is another one where WHO YOU RACE AGAINST MATTERS A LOT. I've seen different AI cars (leaders) finish this race in anywhere from 6:58 to 7:19. It took me a 7:03 to win on my third try and the second place s7 was 10ft behind me.

If you're putting in somewhere around 7:10 (excluding that 1 minute parade before the race that get added to your "total" time) and having difficulties here, just leave and re-enter, giving you different cars to race against. You'll eventually run across ones that are slower. This seems to be a common theme among recent seasonal events. I didn't think this one was too bad, but I could see where butting your head against the very fastest car over and over again could be frustrating, so maybe this tip will help someone who didn't realize it worked that way.

Purposely "shopped" around to get the seemingly quickest field, just for fun. Grabbed the Murcielago SV, took 5 goes, 4 2nds and then a first. Grabbed the Italia 458, first on 2nd go, handles great and fast. Then best of all, the Nissan 2020 concept car. The AI went berserk on this one, ended up having to do a 7.3xxx to just scrap home against the one-77, with a well under 7 min lap destroyed by the AI on second last corner. Damn thing basically stood on the brake and made me rear end it, then sped off.

Do a sloppy first sector and take advantage of how the AI adjusts their pace to yours.
This is so true drive slow people! It just worked for me and I won by 2.5 seconds over the Aston Martin One-77, I passed him after the corner immediately after the longest straight away and I white knuckled the remaining track. Used the GT-R 2012 black edition, great car, dumb race, it took me a stupid number of tries and the only reason I won is because I drove slow. It doesn't make much sense to me either but it works so give it a try if you too are having troubles!

I did it with a TK ZZ ll on my 2nd try 👍 and the lead cars where both Dodge Vipers. I caught him on the curves at the end of the long straight :D. With a 55 sec head start :odd: I thought Great this is going to be chase the ****in rabbit :grumpy:. It was actually fun, I love the Ring :mischievous: and my car handled great, it is my own tune too :P It's posted in the Tunes section. TCS 1 ABS 1. First try I was behind him by 2 sec. If you pick the right car it shouldn't be that hard. Have Fun and Keep it Between the Ditches :lol: :D :cheers:

This is so true drive slow people! It just worked for me and I won by 2.5 seconds over the Aston Martin One-77, I passed him after the corner immediately after the longest straight away and I white knuckled the remaining track. Used the GT-R 2012 black edition, great car, dumb race, it took me a stupid number of tries and the only reason I won is because I drove slow. It doesn't make much sense to me either but it works so give it a try if you too are having troubles!

LOL

I've gotta try that.

Hmmmm, this is what happened to me. Maybe its the car, I used the Nissan R390 road car.
1st sector 45.xx, 2nd place 8.16 lead 8.12 -4 seconds
1st sector 58.xx 3rd place 8.24 lead 8.16 -8 seconds
1st sector 1.02xx 4th place 8.32 lead 8.12 -20 seconds

Im going to try a trick I learned in GT3, switch the setup to completely stock, enter and race a sector, exit and switch to fully modded and restart. It worked wonders in the silly Yaris cup.

Im going to try a trick I learned in GT3, switch the setup to completely stock, enter and race a sector, exit and switch to fully modded and restart. It worked wonders in the silly Yaris cup.
What does that do? Are you insinuating that tricks the AI to drive differently because they think you're going to be driving a slower (stock) car when in reality you've now switched to a modified car?

Attempt number two, again with the NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car. No accidents! Lap time of 7:39.183. Which put me "only" 25 seconds behind the Corvette ZR1 in first!

:banghead:

(FWIW, my first sector was a 0:49.8. The ZR1's lap was an 8:13.686.)

Yep, thats exactly what it does. In GT3 the Yaris cup was almost impossible. In a stock car, I'd lose 1 or 2 seconds per lap. In a fully tuned one I'd lose as much as 5 seconds. I thought what the... then I got creative and found out the trick of changing settings once I had entered the race.

I did get 1st in this seasonal with the ZZll but it wasnt a fun drive. I'm trying to find another car that can win with my ds3 skills.

I may have to try this "start stock" trick.

Attempt number three, this time with the Nissan GT-R Black Edition (with various mods). First sector: 0:50.4. Total lap time (not event time): 7:36.847. (I actually felt slower than my NSX-R, but I guess I wasn't, first sector aside.) I went off twice between the carousel and the "mini-carousel," mostly attempting to pass a Lamborghini Diablo.

Took sixth, 17.755 seconds behind yet another Corvette ZR1 (whose laptime was 8:12.259, or even faster than my last attempt, despite achieving a slower first sector).

I may have to try this "start stock" trick.

Attempt number three, this time with the Nissan GT-R Black Edition (with various mods). First sector: 0:50.4. Total lap time (not event time): 7:36.847. (I actually felt slower than my NSX-R, but I guess I wasn't, first sector aside.) I went off twice between the carousel and the "mini-carousel," mostly attempting to pass a Lamborghini Diablo.

Took sixth, 17.755 seconds behind yet another Corvette ZR1 (whose laptime was 8:12.259, or even faster than my last attempt, despite achieving a slower first sector).
My victories with the GT-R Black Edition had the ZR1 and Ford GT as the 1st & 2nd place cars that I was chasing. If I remember correctly, I want to say that my victories came with lap times of approximately 7m11s and 7m13s... I honestly don't know what else you can do besides get your personal lap time down by at least 10-15 seconds more in order to claim victory. I apologize, I don't mean to come across as cold or rude about it. I know it's not like you're not giving it your all.

Let me ask you a question... Are you finding yourself getting stuck behind some of the AI cars? If you are getting blocked, even for just a couple of seconds a few times per lap, that's actually a good thing! What I mean is, if you are finding yourself being blocked occasionally, if you can figure out a way to get around those cars without having to slow down to a crawl, you'll probably be able to shave off a crap load of time. I've had to put half of my car on the grass a couple of times in this event, but at least I kept most of my momentum, so I didn't lose much time at all. When I DID get stuck behind the AI, my overall lap time would shoot through the roof even though it seemed like I was only blocked for 3 seconds. It's more than that. There is the deceleration to factor in, so I didn't slam into the AI in front of me....then the 3 seconds of driving slowly around a corner that the AI is blocking me, and then the time it takes to get back up to the speed I should have been at all along. :mad: :grumpy: :banghead:

I'm about to turn on my PS3 and drive for a while...Would you be interested in trying the setup I used for my GT-R Black Edition? I'm a fairly average driver, so my tune isn't all wild and crazy...I'm just trying to help, if I can. Good luck man.. I can tell you really want this one. You'll get it!! 👍 :D

hey there Robert, If all else fails, grab the Nissan concept car and give it hell. Don't worry about slowing for the AI mobile blockers, just fly around them. Push hard on the corners, the car will handle it, it is capable of sub 7 min laps. Good luck ...

I tried using a 550pp GTA Lancer, the one with the flowing gears (I don't know what that's called), and got a 7:13 I believe. I came in 3rd 10 seconds behind a ZZII and a One-77 but that was only my first try. I'll try again later when I have enough patience.

The little Cosmo is a really fun at Nurburgring, even more than the infamous Scirocco :)

image.jpg

hey there Robert, If all else fails, grab the Nissan concept car and give it hell. Don't worry about slowing for the AI mobile blockers, just fly around them. Push hard on the corners, the car will handle it, it is capable of sub 7 min laps. Good luck ...
Yep, agreed. No clean racing here! They still park on the apex of all the corners so you just have to trade paint a lot of the time while keeping quick. Fun race!

I've got the GT-R Black Edition down pat. I try my McLaren MP4-12C again and A) I drive like crap, B) I always get the Zonda C12S 7.3 and the only way to beat him is to do a 7:02/7:03 lap... I just can't manage it with this setup. Even my best lap time with the GT-R was around 7:10, but the ZR1 and Ford GT cars I always seem to get when I choose the GT-R don't drive nearly as fast as that Pagani Zonda.

I guess I'll try my Ferrari 458 next... I'm bummed. I really want to take it with my McLaren, but I'm not driving as smooth in that car. Funny, it actually has less HP and Torque than my GT-R at 550PP, but weighs 100kg less. You'd think I'd be able to throw it around easier. Nope... Not this guy!! :dunce: :crazy: :dopey: :drool: :banghead:

EDIT: I need a break...Time to watch last night's episode of American Horror Story. Then I'll hit the track again.

I've just had 3 races with the Merc Vision GT car, detuned down to the limit but wasn't expecting too much from it. Had to look for slipstreams all the way through the lap to get the speed up and on all three races, me and 4 other cars (One-77, Viper, Lambo and can't remember the other) dragging down the final straight for the win. If you make a mistake before the straight, get used to 5th.

Scary seeing the One-77 looming large in the rear view mirror hitting warp factor 7 on that straight. I was rocking in my seat to try and drive quicker.:nervous:

Finally did it in a TVR T350 with a time of 7:19 against that mighty ford GT!

Edit: retried in the stock T350 on SS and instead of doing the slow first sector method I drove a lot faster and got a 1.5s lead with a lap of 7:09s

Last edited:
The little Cosmo is a really fun at Nurburgring, even more than the infamous Scirocco :)

View attachment 241139
You kicked a 580pp viper's butt with a '67 Cosmo?👍

You do realise, we all know by now, that you are an alien.:cool:
First surprized lots of people with that scirocco on mount panorama event.👍
And now with a Cosmo on the Nurburg...👍

I'm feeling very humble now.:bowdown:
Wow, just wow.:cheers:

I had to exit and re-enter the race to get a leader with max 576pp.:banghead:

I also tried the GSXR/4 in another account.
Overtake the One-77
Got overtaken, but got back again at the last straight
a 7:12 lap
My opponents.
My settings
Carefull, the car handles great, but it also has some kart physics.
If you fail to notice a change in height in the track, the car will take off a bit.

Last edited:
Back