A-spec Expert Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Nürburgring Nordschleife

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 500 comments
You kicked a 580pp viper's butt with a '67 Cosmo?👍

You do realise, we all know by now, that you are an alien.:cool:
First surprized lots of people with that scirocco on mount panorama event.👍
And now with a Cosmo on the Nurburg...👍

Thank you, the Cosmo is definitely a hidden jem, the 67' although starting out with less pp ends up with more than the 68'.

Please use your infamous Odyssey to beat them... it will resemble Sabine attempt to beat Top Gear timing.

I did but I forgot to take a picture or video, I will do it again this weekend.

My victories with the GT-R Black Edition had the ZR1 and Ford GT as the 1st & 2nd place cars that I was chasing. If I remember correctly, I want to say that my victories came with lap times of approximately 7m11s and 7m13s... I honestly don't know what else you can do besides get your personal lap time down by at least 10-15 seconds more in order to claim victory. I apologize, I don't mean to come across as cold or rude about it. I know it's not like you're not giving it your all.

Let me ask you a question... Are you finding yourself getting stuck behind some of the AI cars? If you are getting blocked, even for just a couple of seconds a few times per lap, that's actually a good thing! What I mean is, if you are finding yourself being blocked occasionally, if you can figure out a way to get around those cars without having to slow down to a crawl, you'll probably be able to shave off a crap load of time. I've had to put half of my car on the grass a couple of times in this event, but at least I kept most of my momentum, so I didn't lose much time at all. When I DID get stuck behind the AI, my overall lap time would shoot through the roof even though it seemed like I was only blocked for 3 seconds. It's more than that. There is the deceleration to factor in, so I didn't slam into the AI in front of me....then the 3 seconds of driving slowly around a corner that the AI is blocking me, and then the time it takes to get back up to the speed I should have been at all along. :mad: :grumpy: :banghead:

I'm about to turn on my PS3 and drive for a while...Would you be interested in trying the setup I used for my GT-R Black Edition? I'm a fairly average driver, so my tune isn't all wild and crazy...I'm just trying to help, if I can. Good luck man.. I can tell you really want this one. You'll get it!! 👍 :D
I'd be interested in the tune for the GT-R Black Edition. :)

I am really bad with this track got 6th on my first try with the gtr black edition (Priano tune) saved the replay because i flipped the car landed on my wheels and continued full throttle :P

Car topped out at ~270km/h (268MPH), but was great through corners. Beat that!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    982.4 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,020 KB · Views: 11
Tried several times with a tuned GT-R Black Edition (lowered the power), drove clean and fast, no or few small mistakes : only got silver, 6 seconds behind the rabbit.

Took out my stock Zonda C12S (love the sound of the engine), lowered the PP, did a very good job again in my opinion (let's say my max), but stayed once more 5 ou 6 seconds behind the leader.

Decided to use the ZZII, Praiano's tune, PP lowered, drove like a noob, made several mistakes :crazy: as I began to get tired (spin, drove in the grass, rammed AI opponents) but I nevertheless was able to overtake the rabbit before the long straight and golded easily.

Weird enough. :confused:

My victories with the GT-R Black Edition had the ZR1 and Ford GT as the 1st & 2nd place cars that I was chasing. If I remember correctly, I want to say that my victories came with lap times of approximately 7m11s and 7m13s... I honestly don't know what else you can do besides get your personal lap time down by at least 10-15 seconds more in order to claim victory. I apologize, I don't mean to come across as cold or rude about it. I know it's not like you're not giving it your all.
Don't worry about it. I know my problems at the Nordschleife basically come down to my sucking at it. :)
Would you be interested in trying the setup I used for my GT-R Black Edition? I'm a fairly average driver, so my tune isn't all wild and crazy...I'm just trying to help, if I can.
Couldn't hurt! :)
Yep, agreed. No clean racing here! They still park on the apex of all the corners so you just have to trade paint a lot of the time while keeping quick.
Yeah, I definitely have some difficulty with passing them aggressively while not messing myself up in the process. There was one car I was going around last night, a bit before the carousel, that left me in both the left and right side grass before I got it back under control. (And, naturally, while I was off-roading, the car I'd passed went by me again.)

If the track were only wider... :boggled:

I'll never understand why this track is one of people's favorites.

Won it with the Audi R8 Chrome line, and the Ferrari 430 Scuderia so far. A good balance between power and weight worked for me (got to have at least 500 bhp) The soft racing suspension works just fine.

I tried to do it with the Ruf RGT but I wasn't quick enough. I'm just terrible at driving RR cars.

It was fairly easy with the C6 Z06 and the C7 though. Won both at 7:05, with only ABS 1 and no other assists.

So far I have only used one car, namely the Ford GT `05... I won 2 times, and - as usual for me - tonnes of restarts due to crashes...That would be LESS annoying, if it wasn`t for that 17hour "car parade" before You get START...

Even my 2 victories were full of small-crashes and a little bumping with the terrorists. I really try to avoid contact, but one has to get pass them to win...

My wins were 1: 7.17.xxx and 2: 7.12.xxx Relative slow I know, but that Ford GT is quite a mouthfull to handle. It skids like it had skates instead of tyres under it. It doesn`t have a wing, as it would spoil it`s beauty. I don`t use any aids apart from ABS1, and I drive with my Sixaxis controller..Need to be very carefull...Oh and the start grids were "easy ones" I guess, with some C7 up front the first time, and a Special the second time...

One of the worst things in this race is, as always on Nordschleife, when You try to overtake the one (or sometimes two) terrorists just after Flugplatz. Every now and then I succeed with this, or it ends with me rearending them with 10mio km/h...WHY oh why are they going so slow here, and WHY do they have to pull right in in front of me...

But a good challenge it is, and I think there are tonnes of cars one could use...It`s just that I`m not finished with the Ford GT yet...Anyone else using this car, the Ford GT `05???

So far I have only used one car, namely the Ford GT `05... I won 2 times, and - as usual for me - tonnes of restarts due to crashes...That would be LESS annoying, if it wasn`t for that 17hour "car parade" before You get START...

Even my 2 victories were full of small-crashes and a little bumping with the terrorists. I really try to avoid contact, but one has to get pass them to win...

My wins were 1: 7.17.xxx and 2: 7.12.xxx Relative slow I know, but that Ford GT is quite a mouthfull to handle. It skids like it had skates instead of tyres under it. It doesn`t have a wing, as it would spoil it`s beauty. I don`t use any aids apart from ABS1, and I drive with my Sixaxis controller..Need to be very carefull...Oh and the start grids were "easy ones" I guess, with some C7 up front the first time, and a Special the second time...

One of the worst things in this race is, as always on Nordschleife, when You try to overtake the one (or sometimes two) terrorists just after Flugplatz. Every now and then I succeed with this, or it ends with me rearending them with 10mio km/h...WHY oh why are they going so slow here, and WHY do they have to pull right in in front of me...

But a good challenge it is, and I think there are tonnes of cars one could use...It`s just that I`m not finished with the Ford GT yet...Anyone else using this car, the Ford GT `05???
First of all, don't sell yourself short with those times. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a 7m17s or 7m12s lap. At least, that's what I tell myself because that's about as good as I can do! :D :lol: :D :lol: Seriously though... 7m12s is NOT slow by any stretch of the imagination. 👍

I know exactly what you mean about the AI just after Flugplatz. That jerkoff intentionally blocks you almost every chance he gets. I have no problem with the AI holding the racing line even if I'm coming up at double his speed. That's my problem to deal with. Blocking me by moving into my driving line really stinks, especially since I tend to be flying at that point. In one of my runs I just said "screw it!" and put all 4 tires onto the grass and went around him. Miraculously, I didn't crash. I just lost a couple of seconds time because I lifted off the throttle so I wouldn't spinout.

When I get back on my PS3 tonight I will give the Ford GT a try. I haven't won with anything besides the GT-R Black Edition yet. I'm so upset about that...

I'm having trouble with this one! The best I've managed to finish is 3rd, 5th and 6th! This one is a toughie! I'll keep plugging away until I get first!

Did it on my first try using the Rocket '07 on Sport Soft tires, got into 1st right before last turn. Total time of 8:08.707

550PP, 183HP, Sports Computer tuning upgrade, Ballast weight at 61KG. Set my top speed to 182MPH so that their was more than enough speed through the straight aways.

Tried the Suzuki Gsxr4 three times. Best was 4th twice. No clean lap coz it bounces all over the place, but I had a WHALE of a time sliding it through the corners and late braking all the supercars.

Then tried lightened 458 Italia and finished 3rd. Not as much fun.

Might try the Rocket next. Or maybe the FT-1.

Used the Subaru 22-b coup, fully tricked up to 550, and wow, I think it could be the best one yet. Absolutely beautiful to drive on the ring, and quick. Anyone having difficulties winning , may I suggest you give it a go....

Another good car to use is a very modified Ferrari California (With go faster racing numbers) :sly:, Abit understeery and doesn't feel that fast but its stable and quick enough to get gold.

550PP
462BHP
1,305KG
F:R 47:53

:)

Okay...I'm sorry it took me so long to get back on my PS3 today. Here is the tune that I used for my GT-R Black Edition. The suspension settings come from @shaunm80 (Exeter's Garage) and his GT-R B.E. tune.

Tires: SS
Ride Height: 90/90
Spring Rate: 19.50/11.00
Dampers Comp: 5/8
Dampers Ext: 6/7
Anti-Roll Bars: 2/5
Camber Angle: 0.0/0.0 (I also used 0.2/0.2 and won) but prefered none
Toe Angle: -0.06/0.02
Brake Balance: I used 5/5 but this is a very personal thing...Use what feels right to you.

Fully Custom LSD
Initial Torque: 9/10
Accel Sensitivity: 9/11
Braking Sensitivity: 6/10
Twin-Plate Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft
Torque Split: 35/65

Power Limiter: 82.5%
Intake Tuning

Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction

This should leave you at a weight of 1,386kg with a 52 : 48 weight distribution.
HP = 473hp
Torque = 495lb/ft

Transmission
Install Dog-Clutch Transmission. Default settings should be fine, except Final Gear. I lowered Final Gear to 3.260. I had a race where I ran with the default final gear and the Corvette ZR1 pulled away from me on the final straightaway even though I was drafting him right on his bumper. I've reached 210mph with this Final Gear and some drafting / slingshot at the top of the hill.

If you aren't thrilled with that transmission, feel free to look at some of the well known tuners, if you aren't comfortable doing it on your own. Just make sure you have enough top end for the straightaway.

Just to be certain. My transmission is set to the following:
Max Speed 211
1: 3.224
2: 2.133
3: 1.541
4: 1.169
5: 0.931
6: 0.779

Final Gear: 3.260

Good luck...Again, I'm sorry it took me so long to post this. Oh, one last thing. Don't be afraid to adjust the torque distribution from 35:65 to better suit your driving style. I definitely wouldn't go any higher than 40:60 for increasing more front torque and if anything you'd probably prefer to go the other direction with it. Like to 30:70 to keep that torque in the back. Try it at 35:65 first...

Hey guys! This is my first post here.

This race is a tough one. After several tries with different cars and setups i've managed to won with an Audi R8 Quattro stock except for soft racing suspension, racing brakes and wreight reduction with a time of 7:12. This car is fun

Do a sloppy first sector and take advantage of how the AI adjusts their pace to yours.

Stupid me always thought that "racing" is all about driving as fast as you can!?
Well, maybe my bad?
Took me nearly half a day to finally win this race (and finding the right car to do so).
What I also have learned by reading through this thread is, that (some) people seem to know the AI's PP's while I thought that all the cars are running on 550 PP's, even the AI's, knowing that you don't always get the same AI-opponents after restarting the race.
How do you know the AI's PP's??? :confused:

However, finally found a car (and setup) to win this race, even being just an average driver like humble me. I did, however, have to take my heart (and the wheel) firmly in both hands, but finally did it (driving as fast as I could, counted at least 5 minor mistakes in the lap but still won... have to try this "slow driving trick once).

Here's my car and setup:

BMW M3 CSL '03
Chassis reinforced
Oil changed

Custom wing: Wing Mount 3, Wing E, Winglets E, Height: +3, Width: +25

Tyres: Sport Soft
Suspension (fully customised):
110/100
7,50/8,50
5/5
5/5
4/4
0,0/0,0
-0,06/+0,04
Racing Brakes: 7/5

Diff. Gear: Custom LSD
-/5
-/18
-/18

Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Shaft

Power Limiter: 96,6
Motot Tuning: Stage 3
Sports Computer
Exhaust: Racing
Manyfold: Standard
Catalytic: Sport
Intake: Tuned

Body:
Downforce: -/20
Hood and Windows: Standard
Ballast: 0

Gearbox:
Initial Final: 5000
Max Speed: Minimum (=200 km/h)
1st: 3,572
2nd: 2,756
3rd: 2,235
4th: 1,855
5th: 1,567
6th: 1,329
Set Final Gear to 2,300

This car is very well balanced and fast on the long last straight, though quickly changing gears in the low gears, good grip even if you have to pass AI's on the inside, even holds well on the grass (except if you're spinning already).

If I remember well, my winning time was 7:02 or so, even driving as fast as I could.
I'll try to do it again and maybe post a video here if you don't mind.

Will also try the Tommy Kaira once, was the only car I was able to win one of those "Matterhorn" Challenges recently, so I should have a good tune for it already (which most likely is a Praiano-Tune which, in my mind, are the best ones for my (humble) driving style).

Stupid me always thought that "racing" is all about driving as fast as you can!?
Well, maybe my bad?
Took me nearly half a day to finally win this race (and finding the right car to do so).
What I also have learned by reading through this thread is, that (some) people seem to know the AI's PP's while I thought that all the cars are running on 550 PP's, even the AI's, knowing that you don't always get the same AI-opponents after restarting the race.
How do you know the AI's PP's??? :confused:

However, finally found a car (and setup) to win this race, even being just an average driver like humble me. I did, however, have to take my heart (and the wheel) firmly in both hands, but finally did it (driving as fast as I could, counted at least 5 minor mistakes in the lap but still won... have to try this "slow driving trick once).

Here's my car and setup:

BMW M3 CSL '03
Chassis reinforced
Oil changed

Custom wing: Wing Mount 3, Wing E, Winglets E, Height: +3, Width: +25

Tyres: Sport Soft
Suspension (fully customised):
110/100
7,50/8,50
5/5
5/5
4/4
0,0/0,0
-0,06/+0,04
Racing Brakes: 7/5

Diff. Gear: Custom LSD
-/5
-/18
-/18

Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Shaft

Power Limiter: 96,6
Motot Tuning: Stage 3
Sports Computer
Exhaust: Racing
Manyfold: Standard
Catalytic: Sport
Intake: Tuned

Body:
Downforce: -/20
Hood and Windows: Standard
Ballast: 0

Gearbox:
Initial Final: 5000
Max Speed: Minimum (=200 km/h)
1st: 3,572
2nd: 2,756
3rd: 2,235
4th: 1,855
5th: 1,567
6th: 1,329
Set Final Gear to 2,300

This car is very well balanced and fast on the long last straight, though quickly changing gears in the low gears, good grip even if you have to pass AI's on the inside, even holds well on the grass (except if you're spinning already).

If I remember well, my winning time was 7:02 or so, even driving as fast as I could.
I'll try to do it again and maybe post a video here if you don't mind.

Will also try the Tommy Kaira once, was the only car I was able to win one of those "Matterhorn" Challenges recently, so I should have a good tune for it already (which most likely is a Praiano-Tune which, in my mind, are the best ones for my (humble) driving style).
The AI seemingly is programed to adapt their pace to suit yours. This means, that if you do a fairly slow first sector, the AI will be slower than if you go flat out. Ex: my first attempt to this with a stock Nissan R390 roadcar gave me 7:40 and third place, 12s behind the winner. My second attempt with a slightly tuned R390, gave me 7:12 and a second place, 5s behind the winner. The One-77 rabbit thus had 21s difference solely depending on my driving.

Back