A-spec Expert Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Suzuka Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 158 comments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Any seasonal you can win with more than one car, is a good seasonal.

There is no way shape or form this event does not have a heavy basis on luck. After 30 plus tries and 2:10.xxx laps i have got 3rd at a 7 second loss.
I got lucky, X-Bow for the win with 2:10s and 2:12s. The Huayra was the rabbit but he had an 'off' in front of me on Lap 5 at the hairpin, cruised home for the gold. Fun races though as actually had to push and concentrate.

I think this event is easy, the one thing I hate about this event is the penalty system is not fair but keep trying friend.
Corner cutting seems to be OK but not contact with the AI. You can really clip the second part of the last chicane.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great track, I only wish the AI had a modicum of intelligence. They are worse than Crashtor Maldonado..

Anyway, Here is my gold tune for this one.

TommyKaira ZZII '00 (600PP SS)

tkzzii-jpg.129977
ive used this tune and with hard it understeers crazy but good car...yet after 15 tries no luck.any any help/car&tune recommendation is greatly appreciated. as of right now i have given up on this race.

ive used this tune and with hard it understeers crazy but good car...yet after 15 tries no luck.any any help/car&tune recommendation is greatly appreciated. as of right now i have given up on this race.
Use this tune below and see if it suit your driving style and do minor changes to make it handle better for you, I have not lost a race yet using this car and it does not matter what field you get :).

Subaru S206 NBR CHALLENGE PAKAGE '12

582PP

604 BHP
1,206kgs
Weight Distribution 54:46

Sports Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change

Aero Kits: Type A
Custom rear wing
Wing Stays: D Wing: A Winglets: C
Wing Size: Height: -12 Width: -5

FC Suspension
F/R
100/80
5.05/7.12
2/2
2/3
7/7
0.0/0.0
-0.10/-0.25

Racing Brake Kit
4/2

FC Transmission
Standard

FC LSD
F/R
8/10
60/60
8/20
Torq Dist Centre Diff
F/R
46:54

Set power limiter to 100.0%

ENGINE TUNING - Stage 3
COMPUTER - Sports
EXHAUST - Racing Exhaust
MANIFOLD - Isometric Exhaust Manifold
CATALYTIC CONVERTER- Sports
INTAKE TUNING - Intake Tuning
High RPM Range Turbo Kit

Weight Reduction : Stage 3, Carbon Bonnet Colour and Window Weight Reduction.

Downforce : 5

Tried it with the Rocket, and the AI kept ramming me. Got out the NSX LM and destroyed the field. Ended up using the NSX for all three of these events, just kept detuning it.

Hi,

after ten more attempts now second as best finish. Laptimes between 2:08 and 2:11. Maybe I can win if I complete a race without own mistakes.

Also a big problem are the first four, five AI. They ram me from the track after beeing overtaken by me. I've no idea how to prevent this :(

D.

Edit: wtf is going on here? Finished in 11:05, but fourth place. When I compare this with the posted results this should be an easy win :confused::confused::confused:

D.

Last edited:
Also a big problem are the first four, five AI. They ram me from the track after beeing overtaken by me. I've no idea how to prevent this
Where abouts on the track does this happen ?, the only place I no when they ram you is at the slow left hairpin, to overcome the ramming on that corner is to go of the driving line just before approaching the hairpin and you will be fine.

Had a quick run and managed to get my first ever 10 second penalty when I got punted out at the hairpin on final lap and ended up second. 458 Italia ran 2m7's with weight reduction.
The AI are like QM Vets

First I Won it with a GSXR4, just to tweak the haters. Hurting on the straights, but flew past them all in the corners.

Then I went in with the Nissan R390 road car and won it with that.

Hi,

Where abouts on the track does this happen ?, the only place I no when they ram you is at the slow left hairpin, to overcome the ramming on that corner is to go of the driving line just before approaching the hairpin and you will be fine.

in the 1st gear hairpin and at the final chicane. Bastards.

But finally: I WON :cheers:

keep racing,
D.

To those who are having troubles winning this event. Look for the pictured below starting grid. This is the easiest field I have seen so far... Provided the Huayra wrecks, which it does a lot.

Easy Starting Grid Suzuka.jpg

I put the flat floors on the Viper GTS Launch Edition, and man, is it ever slow losing roughly 31 PP, BUT... It handles a lot better than without the flat floors. I don't ever recall putting flat floors on any car before, so maybe it will help some of you too? Food for thought...

Viper GTS Launch Edition Suzuka Standings.jpg
Viper GTS Launch Edition Suzuka Car.jpg

Use this tune below and see if it suit your driving style and do minor changes to make it handle better for you, I have not lost a race yet using this car and it does not matter what field you get :).

Subaru S206 NBR CHALLENGE PAKAGE '12

582PP

604 BHP
1,206kgs
Weight Distribution 54:46

Sports Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change

Aero Kits: Type A
Custom rear wing
Wing Stays: D Wing: A Winglets: C
Wing Size: Height: -12 Width: -5

FC Suspension
F/R
100/80
5.05/7.12
2/2
2/3
7/7
0.0/0.0
-0.10/-0.25

Racing Brake Kit
4/2

FC Transmission
Standard

FC LSD
F/R
8/10
60/60
8/20
Torq Dist Centre Diff
F/R
46:54

Set power limiter to 100.0%

ENGINE TUNING - Stage 3
COMPUTER - Sports
EXHAUST - Racing Exhaust
MANIFOLD - Isometric Exhaust Manifold
CATALYTIC CONVERTER- Sports
INTAKE TUNING - Intake Tuning
High RPM Range Turbo Kit

Weight Reduction : Stage 3, Carbon Bonnet Colour and Window Weight Reduction.

Downforce : 5
Will try now actually. I had a McLaren f1 I was setting up when I saw this message
Edit: very loose. You use a wheel? And I accidentally did an oil change...

No luck. I give. I'm done. I'm on mega tilt right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried it with the Rocket, and the AI kept ramming me.

Oh boy, isn't that true. Jerky AI was unable to pass me on the back straight without hitting me and putting me into the wall. I rage-quit whilst sending some expletives PD's way.

The easiest win I've had is with the Audi chromeline prize car from the other event.

My 2 cents (I play only since 2 weeks with a G27, MT, without TC and default tune most of the time, and I do only one try for each car so I was a lot more warmed up with the last try than with the first one):
  • 1st try with the MP4-12C: it doesn't want to turn but want to spin, gave up after 1 lap
  • 2nd try with the R34 GT-R V-spec II: a bit better, but still slower than the leader, gave up after 1 lap
  • 3rd try with the Evo VI GSR T.M. 99 (because I love how this car slides when entering the turns, could help here): just a bit better, but still slower than the leader, gave up after 1 lap
Then I read this thread and bought the NSX-R LM Road Car and the ZZII.
  • 4th try with the NSX-R LM Road Car: this one turns and brakes so well, very fun to drive and probably very effective with a good tune, but not easy to not make a single mistake without TC, gave up after 2 or 3 laps and too many mistakes
  • 5th try with the ZZII: better thanks to the 4WD even if it doesn't turn and brake so well, but finished only 4th (with many mistakes and several laps between 2:12 and 2:14, 2:10 for the best)
  • 6th try with the ZZII with the tune given by mexicola666: way better, super fun to drive, it's like driving the Evo VI (or the FTO), sliding perfectly in every turn, 1st in the 3rd lap, laps in 2:07-2:08, with many mistakes (5 secs penalty for the 2:08) and a total time below 11:05.
If this event gives you hard times, you know what to do :)

Last edited:
Ran the Suzuka seasonal on my second account in the Alpine VGT ( added an oil change ) and got the win, whilst playing dodge-em with the AI. Its quite stabile even on SH and has lovely brakes. I was surprised to find myself consistent in it, especially considering it can't be tuned. Turned the power down and it took the intermediate and beginner events easily.

Last night I won it with the FXX just for fun. Went off the track twice though, so it was closer than it should have been.

That car does not like those tires, if anyone wants a challenge. It pushes in and it's loose off, so it required quite a bit of tuning. Lighter springs, lighter damping, lowered the rear(85/95), flipped gear box and a loose diff(5/8/7).

Man, I really had a hard time with this one, the car just understeers like a pig at these speeds and with these tires. Had to use my e-brake, the scandinavian flick, change the brake balance, and weight distribution just to get the car to rotate. I'm sure I have a 10:32 in me, but it's not worth it to try. The car/track probably has a 10:22 in it.

Suzuka.jpg

Won it second time out in the FXX, but only because 3 of the AI spun off ahead of me, and then I passed the leader at the final chicane when he made a mistake. It really was amateur hour (and not just me this time...) - never seen that in a Expert race before.

Still, the FXX was still a handful but thankfully it has its straight line speed to compensate!

Will try the MP4 next...

Beat the damn thing with the ZZ tune from @shaunm80. Just modified it a bit to make the transmission shorter. The AI was just dumb in this seasonal. One of the SLRs got stuck outside the map. Vipers ramming walls trying to pass me... just pure chaos.

Beat 'em with the ZZ11 but had to fight nearly till the end so grabbed the NSX with Praiano's great tune. It's got glue on the tyres compared to everything else and had them done in the 3rd lap. Ran 11.00 min with the last 3 laps 2.08, 2.07 2.05 being conservative. How many others have been sucked in to following the A1s straight ahead at the right left before the main straight. Got me once and then nearly got me again.:cheers:

Back