A-spec Expert Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Suzuka Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 158 comments
Great handling car, great Praiano tune đź‘Ť

image.jpeg

Not sure if I'll revisit this one. Could probably handle the ever-present skating if it wasn't for the 5 second penalties for being rammed or being shunted into the sand.

For some reason, my car understeers like crazy on the track in the actual event, but when I bring it to free run it drives just fine. Is it just me, or am I doing something wrong?

It happens in most all of the online events. It's not you. I don't know what PD is doing. A couple years ago there was an event at Apricot hill with the Ferrari F40. It's handling in the event didn't come close to how it drove offline.

For some reason, my car understeers like crazy on the track in the actual event, but when I bring it to free run it drives just fine. Is it just me, or am I doing something wrong?

PD is "trying" to give us a harder challenge by altering the grip. What they don't seem to understand is how unrealistic they have made the gameplay by having the AI racing around on racing soft tires, while us humans are forced to use sport hard tires on ice like track conditions. :rolleyes:

I guess they got bored and decided to go "What if ..."

I hate these kinds of races. 600pp, Suzuka, and SPORTS HARD tires. What a waste of time. Just call it "Try Not To Slide". Most unrealistic races ever.

Funny, cause I think it's the best we've had in a long time. The McLaren MP4 comes with SH tires. So does the Tommykaria ZZII. And Suzuka is simply an awesome track. Don't understand the "what if…"?

Take note of track temps, or weather temps at the start. You might notice grip levels changing.

Funny, cause I think it's the best we've had in a long time. The McLaren MP4 comes with SH tires. So does the Tommykaria ZZII. And Suzuka is simply an awesome track. Don't understand the "what if…"?

Take note of track temps, or weather temps at the start. You might notice grip levels changing.

You're just anti-tune now, so it's not the same for you at all. All of these cars handle like **** stock, and you've just learned to live with it, so what's the problem with adding a little grease on the track? Probably nothing.

No, there's nothing wrong with the track. They give us 600pp (cool) and Suzuka (also cool) ... and then they give us SH tires. I was saying it's like they said "Forget about realism. What if we just made it really slippery!"

Someone said earlier that the other cars are on racing tires. If that's true, it shouldn't even be a race. It should be one of those Coffee Break things (or One-Make or something).

You're just anti-tune now, so it's not the same for you at all. All of these cars handle like **** stock, and you've just learned to live with it

Sorry but that's incorrect. I participate in the FITT events regularly. That's all about the tunes.

And I don't find it too slippery.

đź‘Ť

@DisabledRacer - "how unrealistic they have made the gameplay by having the AI racing around on racing soft tires, while us humans are forced to use sport hard tires"
Someone said earlier that the other cars are on racing tires
The entire field runs on the SH tires

Man, I really had a hard time with this one, the car just understeers like a pig at these speeds and with these tires. Had to use my e-brake, the scandinavian flick, change the brake balance, and weight distribution just to get the car to rotate. I'm sure I have a 10:32 in me, but it's not worth it to try. The car/track probably has a 10:22 in it.

Suzuka.jpg

tyFnC2x.jpg

1st lap - 2.03.522
2nd lap - 2.03.215
3rd lap - 1.59.109
4th lap - 1.59.713
5th lap - 1.59.532
No touches, no penalties, 2 wheels on the track at all times.

Your estimate of 10.22 it would be possible only without any opponents to pass for the first 2 laps, but I like the way you're thinking!!!

Last edited:
Hi,

I guess they got bored and decided to go "What if ..."

I hate these kinds of races. 600pp, Suzuka, and SPORTS HARD tires. What a waste of time. Just call it "Try Not To Slide".

Yes, but this is, for me as a rookie, a good event to learn. I needed a lot of attempts to get comfortable with the ZZII and its tires, but finally I won. Learning by racing. Isn't it that what we are all here for?

Most unrealistic races ever.

No. Most realistic race possible. This is an event for non-race-cars, so they have to use non-race-tires. As @coryclifford mentioned the ZZII and the MP4 came with SH tires, so they are "stock", car as tires. What could be more realistic?

D.

1st lap - 2.03.522
2nd lap - 2.03.215
3rd lap - 1.59.109
4th lap - 1.59.713
5th lap - 1.59.532

1:59's?? Impressive. I'm 5 to 7 seconds a lap slower. That's OK, thanks to the rubber band I even got a win averaging 2:10's.

The entire field runs on the SH tires

You can go 150 mph into the AI while they are on the brakes doing 70 mph in the corners and they barely move! IMPOSSIBLE on SH tires in this seasonal! The AI barely touches us and we spin. The way the AI Vipers accelerate and handle is IMPOSSIBLE on SH tires. I had to use flat floors to mirror the way the AI Vipers handle, yet they don't use flat floors, because their grip is far, far better than what us humans can realistically achieve grip-wise on SH tires in this event. I have raced nearly all of the seasonals since GT6 came out and this event is "in my opinion" the most unrealistic event we have had.

Bash me all you want, but then all I ask for in return is for someone to show me video proof that someone can mirror the AI Vipers WITHOUT flat floors, accelerate the same as them and not get spun out or knocked off the track. :)

You can go 150 mph into the AI while they are on the brakes doing 70 mph in the corners and they barely move! IMPOSSIBLE on SH tires in this seasonal! The AI barely touches us and we spin. The way the AI Vipers accelerate and handle is IMPOSSIBLE on SH tires. I had to use flat floors to mirror the way the AI Vipers handle, yet they don't use flat floors, because their grip is far, far better than what us humans can realistically achieve grip-wise on SH tires in this event. I have raced nearly all of the seasonals since GT6 came out and this event is "in my opinion" the most unrealistic event we have had.

Bash me all you want, but then all I ask for in return is for someone to show me video proof that someone can mirror the AI Vipers WITHOUT flat floors, accelerate the same as them and not get spun out or knocked off the track. :)

Save a replay, play it, jump from a car to another, check the lower left corner on the screen, and see for yourself. The opponents are not AI's. You barely can call them computer generated moving obstacles, so CGMO's with predictable trajectories.

Last edited:
1st lap - 2.03.522
2nd lap - 2.03.215
3rd lap - 1.59.109
4th lap - 1.59.713
5th lap - 1.59.532

Your estimate of 10.22 it would be possible only without any opponents to pass for the first 2 laps, but I like the way you're thinking!!!

Actually, you just confirmed it for me. My first 2 laps were identical to yours on my best run, and you're generally 2 seconds faster per lap, which means you need to find 4 seconds in the first 2 laps with the right field, which would put you square at 10:22 :).

Fantastic driving BTW, as always.

Knowing that Suzuki is characterized by its many high speed turns and Gallardo by its good rotation, I was really surprised by how bad this Lambo fares! The best is P5 for this race in spite of nearly 10 attempts.

Does anyone else have any luck with Gallardo?

Actually, you just confirmed it for me. My first 2 laps were identical to yours on my best run, and you're generally 2 seconds faster per lap, which means you need to find 4 seconds in the first 2 laps with the right field, which would put you square at 10:22 :).

Fantastic driving BTW, as always.

I will try that, but in the first 2 laps, I need to move off the line or change my braking points in order to avoid any contact and stay on the track. With a different (right) field, it will be interesting, but remember how the opponents are adapting their speed or move off the line (rubber band effect) when you're getting closer and try to block your turns.

I will try that, but in the first 2 laps, I need to move off the line or change my braking points in order to avoid any contact and stay on the track. With a different (right) field, it will be interesting, but remember how the opponents are adapting their speed or move off the line (rubber band effect) when you're getting closer and try to block your turns.

I still think you can do it, you're alien like that. :D

I'm at a loss tried verious cars RWD & AWD just can't seem to get a prefect car for this no matter what I do just doesn't work :nervous:

Does anyone else have any luck with Gallardo?

I got a win with the Gallardo. Not a great time... And I had to use max -1.00 toe angle and a front rear torque split of 18:82 to get a better feel with the car. :confused:

Gallardo LP 560-4 Suzuka Standings.jpg

A few other cars I got a win with minimal tuning were the: VW Nardo, Zonda CS12S 7.3 and the R390 GT1 Road Car, which probably handled the best of all the cars I have tried so far.

VW Nardo Suzuka Standings.jpgZonda CS12S 7.3 Suzuka Standings.jpg R390 GT1 Road Car Suzuka Standings.jpg

I got a win with the Gallardo. Not a great time... And I had to use max -1.00 toe angle and a front rear torque split of 18:82 to get a better feel with the car. :confused:

View attachment 581301

A few other cars I got a win with minimal tuning were the: VW Nardo, Zonda CS12S 7.3 and the R390 GT1 Road Car, which probably handled the best of all the cars I have tried so far.

View attachment 581302View attachment 581303 View attachment 581304
Thx for the head up! Mind sharing your tune? Much appreciated!

Try this car in the link, because I have not lost a race with it in this Event :). A-spec Expert Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Suzuka Circuit

Cracking setup managed to finish without crashing/spinning off the track, got 2nd place but will give it another shot.
I'd recommend this setup to anyone having difficulty with this challenge.
Much appreciation to you though for sharing this and letting me use it.
Thanks again buddy :cheers:

Back