A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Grand Valley Speedway

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 220 comments
Alpine VGT cars. Crazy brakes on those things. Try the 599 pp race car.
@coryclifford thank you for the heads up!! Will give it a go good buddy:cheers:. I love cars with great brakes as there are not that many in GT6.

McLaren F1 GTR. Tune by me. No aids. Pass for the win over the Toyota TS030 Hybrid on lap 5 at the left hander after the last tunnel. The Toyota lost control at this corner and rammed into me but I was able to win by 00.407. I think that the Toyota would have won the race if it had not lost control as my McLaren would not have been able to out run the Toyota TS030 hybrid to the checkered flag. Fast lap 1:41.979. I also lost control on lap 4 so not sure if I lost any time there. I let myself get way over my head as I started thinking that I had a chance to beat the Toyota. What I should have done was keep myself under control and not think about the Toyota up ahead. You lose your driving composure when you do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
McLaren F1 GTR. Tune by me. No aids. Pass for the win over the Toyota TS030 Hybrid on lap 5 at the left hander after the last tunnel. The Toyota lost control at this corner and rammed into me but I was able to win by 00.407. I think that the Toyota would have won the race if it had not lost control as my McLaren would not have been able to out run the Toyota TS030 hybrid to the checkered flag. Fast lap 1:41.979. I also lost control on lap 4 so not sure if I lost any time there. I let myself get way over my head as I started thinking that I had a chance to beat the Toyota. What I should have done was keep myself under control and not think about the Toyota up ahead. You lose your driving composure when you do that.

After years of playing the gt series with driving aids on last night I had a go with the Toyota hybrid it was very quick and I got hit a few times and causing me to spin off from the back while I was in 4th place on lap 4 and i ended up losing by 18 seconds otherwise I think I may have won or it would have been close setting times of1.51 for my fastest. I shall try again with manual this time as well . I goes I can only get better with out driving aids and manual transmission. Maybe next month invest in a steering wheel too

@fordlaser777 I fully understand your point as it's all about driving style. I set the rear breaks to do much of the heavy lifting as opposed to the front brakes.

After years of playing the gt series with driving aids on last night I had a go with the Toyota hybrid it was very quick and I got hit a few times and causing me to spin off from the back while I was in 4th place on lap 4 and i ended up losing by 18 seconds otherwise I think I may have won or it would have been close setting times of1.51 for my fastest. I shall try again with manual this time as well . I goes I can only get better with out driving aids and manual transmission. Maybe next month invest in a steering wheel too
@Amilton you will do better with this new plan of yours in the end.

Do you have the tune for this one

Hi Skeagracing I can see why you are so good at this game being a professional instructor well done. Could I please have the tune for it just bought it to try it out
@Amilton will get the tune to you in a few.

@Amilton Tune for Raybrig
Suspension
60/55
14.10/15.40
5/6
6/6
2/4
0.0/0.0
-0.05/0.05
Brake Balance I went with 5 front 7 rear but for you I recommend 5 front 5 rear. My brake setting of 5/7 will upset the car balance in the corners but that is the way I like it.
Transmission
Max Speed 168
1. 4.616
2. 3.186
3. 2.361
4. 1.831
5. 1.487
6. 1.264
Final Gear 4.062
LSD
Power Limiter 94.4
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit
Downforce
300/550

Hey @skeagracing I don't like cars with to much brake, it upsets my driving style 👍.
@fordlaser777 I like to upset the balance of the race car by higher braking rear settings than front at the corners as it makes the rear nervous for sure:lol:. I have always had it that way so I can dictate how much to turn the wheel when I step on the brakes. The brakes when I step on them makes the car nervous and it works in my favor when turning in as the rear end steps out helping to turn the car with less steering input.

Hey @skeagracing I don't like cars with to much brake, it upsets my driving style 👍.
You could turn them down below 5 or whatever. Not use racing brakes or not hit the pedal so hard. :D

The Alpine kind of has two levels. Regular brake for a bit before the flaps come out, and a little more pressure then it's like throwing a :censored:ing anchor out. :lol: Sounds cool too. The whole car sounds cool.

Here is a video I recorded this morning going over the Nissan Zytek Z11SN and using it to win this event. The car settings and whatnot is included in the first part of the video, followed by the race which starts at 3m10s. I'll include a screencap of the results table below. Enjoy!

[GT6] Expert Level Race Car Challenge  Zytek Z11SN at GVS Screenshot 2017-03-14 15-12-18.png

Jeez I'm stubborn. Refused getting Gold first up under any other condition so it took a few goes....

View attachment 633307

Started off getting a string of 9:28s and 26s but A. David kept winning by 2 seconds (ala @UltimateLurker). Finally pulled off the win.....👍

Hope that was with your new wheel dude, springs and all. Good to see you hooking in again.:cheers:

I love FR racecars, so here's another. This car is very predictable to drive and slide, which makes throwing it around a treat. I don't recommend adding the turbo, just stage 3 and oil change. Stick to it's roots

PS, this car is really fun on a semiwet or wet nurburgring race

Attachments

• IMG_4634.JPG
    IMG_4634.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 76
I love FR racecars, so here's another. This car is very predictable to drive and slide, which makes throwing it around a treat. I don't recommend adding the turbo, just stage 3 and oil change. Stick to it's roots

PS, this car is really fun on a semiwet or wet nurburgring race

Hey HotSaucer you and all the jet pilots would be able to relate to this wouldn't you??
17191390_10155104053570970_1125410828979090175_n.jpg

Grand Valley is near the top of my list of Gran Turismo original courses over the years. I used the TS030 to beat the TS030.
For this event I've run:
  • Mazda RX-7 Touring Car: 2nd, 5 secs behind.
  • Toyota TS030: 1st, 11 secs ahead.
  • Nissan Autech GT-R '08: 1st, 2 secs ahead.
  • Alpine VGT Racemode: 2nd, 5 secs behind.
Still plan to run it again with a few more of my 600 PP race cars. Love this track!

:cheers:

Trying going around the the outside of them in the last tight right turn instead of bumping into them on the inside.
@coryclifford I was afraid that if I did that the TS030 would out run me to the finish line. David did that several times when I went to pass on the outside. It would have been cleaner for sure to pass on the outside but every time I was just a little short on time when I go to that corner and all the times that I ran with this race car that corner was the critical moment to win or not. I ran a different lineup than you as I could not find your's and that also can make a difference:cheers:.

Last edited:
Finally won this race was to exited to capture the final screen best lap time on the 2j abs1 no other driving aids albeit was against a weaker field for a weaker driver like me won by around 0.845 winning time 9.48.62

Got my car too

Posted my best time 9.40.61 with the 2j but can't seem to upload the picture this time

Attachments

• IMG_5838.JPG
    IMG_5838.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 18
Back