A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Grand Valley Speedway

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 220 comments
Careful with the double or triple posts @Amilton, use the edit button on your previous post instead.
Congratulations on winning the car, feels a lot better than buying one doesn't it?

I just ran the Yellowhat Supra with an Exeter tune. Great tune, enjoyable drive. I tried matching my racing suit to the car for the first time, using the woodland camouflage in yellow and black. Unfortunately, it made my legs look fat. :lol::lol: :cheers:

20170317_173546.jpg

Last edited:
Careful with the double or triple posts @Amilton, use the edit button on your previous post instead.
Congratulations on winning the car, feels a lot better than buying one doesn't it?

I just ran the Yellowhat Supra with an Exeter tune. Great tune, enjoyable drive. I tried matching my racing suit to the car for the first time, using the woodland camouflage in yellow and black. Unfortunately, it made my legs look fat. :lol::lol: :cheers:

View attachment 634645
Yes I know sorry already got warned once

Had a real fun race with the Furai against the Ford GT LM Test car. I don't know who to credit for the tune but it is a great one for Grand Valley. This race has helped me complete my collection of Furais as this is one of my favorite cars in any version of GT. So far this has been the most fun race but I'm still grinding for the Muria Bertone.

Attachments

• 20170317_173613.jpg
    20170317_173613.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 25
AMG Mercedes CLK-LM. P1.Toyota TS030 Hybrid. P2. Ford GT-LM. P3 Nissan GT-R. Clean race. Tune by me. No aids. Fast lap 1:43.929. Pass for the win over the TS030 on lap 5 after the last tunnel at the first left turn corner pass, on the outside of the TS030. Winning margin 00.212

AMG Mercedes CLK-LM. P1.Toyota TS030 Hybrid. P2. Ford GT-LM. P3 Nissan GT-R. Clean race. Tune by me. No aids. Fast lap 1:43.929. Pass for the win over the TS030 on lap 5 after the last tunnel at the first left turn corner pass, on the outside of the TS030. Winning margin 00.212

Very nice Sceagracing I too have noticed on some turns the outside works better well done just hoped I could get to you calibre one day. My fastest lap today was 1.45+

Well, I said I'd try for a better time. Still can't get anywhere near @hotsaucer's individual lap times though, and I'm totally out of ideas on how to squeeze more time out of this car.

DSC_0296_zpso8olej5r.jpg

I feel that the chassis was never designed to handle this kind of power, and it's really starting to give up on me. It has a lot of problem putting down power IMO as well. Or maybe I'm just a terrible tuner or driver, haha!

I do not like the Megane Trophy Base Model '11. It has to be the tightest MR car in GT6? :confused:
It is only 569 PP, but can win this event, and in the hands of someone who can get it to turn easier than myself and my quick tune, it should easily win.

View attachment 634714 View attachment 634715

As always i'm stunned by the fact that you can win this event with cars i shouldn't dare to compete with.
You're are a very talented driver imo.Hats of.

Well, I said I'd try for a better time. Still can't get anywhere near @hotsaucer's individual lap times though, and I'm totally out of ideas on how to squeeze more time out of this car.

DSC_0296_zpso8olej5r.jpg

I feel that the chassis was never designed to handle this kind of power, and it's really starting to give up on me. It has a lot of problem putting down power IMO as well. Or maybe I'm just a terrible tuner or driver, haha!

I went and did some quick changes on the car for you and as requested by others, and got a 9m18s total time, 1m42.4 best lap. This car is actually very fast, you'll feel the difference.

Using the tune from the vid as a base,
change ride height in rear to max,
spring rates min/min

gears: just make sure your in the high revs on the straight..
aero: 550 or max
add body rigidity, oil change is optional

stage 3 engine high turbo with power limiter to get the most out of the engine
lsd: 5/20/5 (the standard among alien tunes)

good luck

Posted my best time tonight no aids but AT 9.34.443 I need to take on A.David yet to beat him

Attachments

• IMG_5855.JPG
    IMG_5855.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 19
Tried this with an RX-7 touring with only an oil change and with the GT-R concept to beat. Quite a good challenge, actually, since the margin for error was all but zero. Took three tries and a banzai at the tunnel to leapfrog into the lead.

Pretty pathetic time.... But still managed a win against a weak field with the 575 PP, Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 on my first try using a quick tune. Some of the aliens on this forum can make the Giulia TZ2 fly and run circles around my time... But I'll still take the win, pathetic time or not! :D

Giulia Grand Valley Standings.jpg
Giulia Grand Valley Car.jpg

Also... Took the Lexus VGT for a one-time spin and beat Mr. A. David in the TS030. The Lexus VGT is a fun and fast car to run in this event. 👍

Lexus VGT Grand Valley Standings.jpg

Never thought I could break into the 1.42 lap times today best lap times 1.42.947 and best overall race time have now broke a new personal best of 9.28.626 almost 6 seconds clear of the field Seems like a week ago was struggling to even win the race at lousy race times in excess 10min 10. Now improving with every race thanks all

Attachments

• IMG_5868.JPG
    IMG_5868.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 26
Anyone got a good tune for the Alpine VGT Race Mode for this event? I'm struggling to get my laps times down below 1:45's, so need a little tuning help I think!

There's not much available to tune on the Alpine. You could change the oil and limit power and get a broader horsepower curve. Could also try adding body rigidity which will take some of the mid corner snap away. Or loosen the diff a bit but it's not really needed.

Drive drive drive! That's the best tune.:D:tup:

I had a little play with the diff. I had it set at 5-5-20. Changed it to 10-10-35 and I knocked a second off my lap time having more power to accelerate out of the hairpins. There must be more I can do though. I don't think my suspension set-up is 100% yet. But yes, the intention is to drive drive drive and knock some tenths off!

Couple more under-powered cars that can win this seasonal against slower fields. The Mini VGT is 540 PP, and the Camaro Z28 Race Car '69 is 584 PP. Both cars can run faster than my times.... I just don't spend much time on tunes before moving on to another car.

You did well with the Camaro mate, I did about the same time for second but there was a TS030 about 25 seconds ahead of me. It's funny that it is often there if I'm in a lower powered car but not when I'm in a fast car. Plus I couldn't be bothered searching for it.:cheers:

ps: Holy hell Noel, I just watched your video and if I'd been in that Toyota watching you charging after me I would've been shakin'!!:scared:👍

Last edited:
Amemiya RX7 GT300. Clean race. Tune by @hotsaucer . Fast lap 1:43.561. Pass for the win over the Toyota TS030 Hybrid at the start of lap 5 at turn 3 after the start/finish line. Winning margin 00.331. Total time 9:21.075

Great driving, car looks nice in yellow too. The gt300 or gt500 cars are great at 600pp, they feel like they are at the limit instead of detuning the quicker machines which feels less natural.

Amemiya RX7 GT300. Clean race. Tune by @hotsaucer . Fast lap 1:43.561. Pass for the win over the Toyota TS030 Hybrid at the start of lap 5 at turn 3 after the start/finish line. Winning margin 00.331. Total time 9:21.075

Intense racing lot of cool skid marks on the track looked like you had very good traction. A.David doesn't give up easily. Nice win

Nicely done @skeagracing, as you always do. I'm glad to see anyone beat A. David as he really aggrivates me. I can't seem to beat him with anything besides the TS030 or 2J. :banghead:
20170321_212951.jpg
20170317_204157.jpg

Back