A-spec Gran Turismo All Stars

• Thread starter Nelzon
  • 134 comments
For real? I've been saving up 5.2 million CR to BUY this car - if you get it for competing in 200 races then I will not. Someone please tell me this is for real cos then I can buy LOTS of nice swish cars that I want :)

You get a random car. Not necessarily the 787.

I used the Zonda R as well.

I used Racing Softs for all the races except Tokyo where I used Racing Mediums. I seemed to rip the softs apart on that track.

The Zonda R was fully tunned.

I then:

- Took down the ride hieght 10 notches on each side.
- Camber at 0.4 front and rear
- Each race I adjusted the gear ratio/ top speed

This setup was amazing on Nurburgring. I found this was a way to not
overkill the event and enjoy a fair amount of pressure, espically on the
last couple laps of each race. If you mess up once you may or may not
catch up.

Cheers

EASoul

For real? I've been saving up 5.2 million CR to BUY this car - if you get it for competing in 200 races then I will not. Someone please tell me this is for real cos then I can buy LOTS of nice swish cars that I want :)

I'm sure it was 200 races, or 250? But definitely got this for free!!

Used a custom tuned ZR-1, all golds. Very frustrating as it was the third different car used. Tried a Mclaren F1 and a Murcielago to no avail.

I did like the wind before using corvette ZR1 and and the mazda you get in B-spec for the roadster championship. And used the prize car (the Minolta) to win this quite easily.

I used the Zonda R as well.

I used Racing Softs for all the races except Tokyo where I used Racing Mediums. I seemed to rip the softs apart on that track.

The Zonda R was fully tunned.

I then:

- Took down the ride hieght 10 notches on each side.
- Camber at 0.4 front and rear
- Each race I adjusted the gear ratio/ top speed

This setup was amazing on Nurburgring. I found this was a way to not
overkill the event and enjoy a fair amount of pressure, espically on the
last couple laps of each race. If you mess up once you may or may not
catch up.

Cheers

EASoul

I had a tuned Zonda - R then traded it for a stock one because I couldn't control the damn thing. Does tweaking the setup help the balance? I found the tuned one would spin out with even a dab on the throttle.

Currently using stock one (chasis reinforced and soft racing tyres) and it's just unreal. Love it, managed 1,1,3rd (not always in the same championship). Then I get to Cape ring and always tank it :ouch:

I bought the Saleen S7 '02 from the used cars lot.

Do you guys think that I can have a chance if I fully tune it?

If not, it seems that my best and cheapest shot will be buying Chevy ZR1 and tune it.

Hey, first post here on the forum and I'm lv19 atm... the ZR1 RM FULLY TUNED still takes a ton of skill to get first in every race. So far the best placing I have is 2,2,6,6,6... It's frustrating having spent 700k out of my 1mill credits without being able to finish the gt all star event.
I ADVISE AGAINST Corvettes unless you are pro.
From what I have read, you need an actual race car from the Le-Mans-Series in order to complete this event without having a hole punched through your 47" LED Samsung.

I have a Calsonic Skyline GTR slighty tuned further...Haven't tried it out as yet but going to give it a bash later...Has anyone tried it with the Calsonic yet?

I have a Calsonic Skyline GTR slighty tuned further...Haven't tried it out as yet but going to give it a bash later...Has anyone tried it with the Calsonic yet?

I'd be surprised if a GT-R could handle those LMPs. Don't think you can keep up with the massive downforce LMPs have.

I put this event off for awhile. Formula GT, I used. Won 4/5 nurburg got me! Weather may change from race to race. Keep your eye out.

I don't think I got up to the All-Stars yet. I'm still A-Spec level grinding until I do get the chance.

IIRC, this event wasn't horribly bad (like Historic Cup), but challenging compared to the others.

I used a Zonda R 09 with SS racing tire, chassis upgrade and no engine upgrades. Anymore power on that car is not going to be beneficial at all unless you enjoy snap oversteers.

Takes a while to get used to it, but once you do, that is a true MR racing machine.

I've tried this event 5 times with my best finish coming in 2nd overall.
I've tried using both the Mazda Furai (stock w/ racing soft) and the Zonda R (stock w/ racing soft).

I'm trying to complete the event without having to spend a lot of money.
It is doable with both cars, I think... but your chances of winning depends on your opposition.

If there is an LMP or Group C car at the FRONT of the grid... good luck. It's possible to keep up off the line, but it's easy to get blocked by the other cars in front towards the first corner.

I did one race where there was an LMP on pole during the entire event. It was really difficult to reel him in. The AI was able to keep a consistent gap from me throughout all the races. It would let up towards the end but it wasn't enough to overtake.

I've tried this event 5 times with my best finish coming in 2nd overall.
I've tried using both the Mazda Furai (stock w/ racing soft) and the Zonda R (stock w/ racing soft).

I'm trying to complete the event without having to spend a lot of money.
It is doable with both cars, I think... but your chances of winning depends on your opposition.

If there is an LMP or Group C car at the FRONT of the grid... good luck. It's possible to keep up off the line, but it's easy to get blocked by the other cars in front towards the first corner.

I did one race where there was an LMP on pole during the entire event. It was really difficult to reel him in. The AI was able to keep a consistent gap from me throughout all the races. It would let up towards the end but it wasn't enough to overtake.

Use the furai to complete "Like the wind" event to win toyota minolta. You then clear all stars (and many other events) without a problem.

Used the furai to win all stars and Indy against the escudo.
no problems!!!

perhaps its my tune? (i'm just a normal driver)

👍

Just this second finished it in 1st with the ZR-1. Stupidly easy, but I span off on the Nurburgring and placed 3rd in that event.

Unless your really good at the game, you need some sort of LMP to win this one. Like people have suggested, get the Furai from the NA-R event in B-spec, and then do the Like the Wind event in Extreme A-spec. You win a group C monster LMP, and it makes all stars easier.

Back