A-spec Gran Turismo All Stars

• Thread starter Nelzon
  • 134 comments
Thanks for all these great tips.

The Mazda Furai (sp?) helped me win the Minolta Toyota and that won me the All Stars. Gold in all but the Nurburgring (Ironic because that's my favourite track in any game).

I'll pass the Minolta onto Bob and see how he manages with the All Stars. He made a right hash of it in the Veyron and not much better in the RM ZR-1.

And now for the cheapest car you can win this with:

I just narrowly came second in a Lamborghini Murcielago LP670 SV. With the mods I reckon it comes to maybe 600k? I'm absolutely SURE it's winnable in this - a bad result at the Nurburgring due to not knowing the track very well is all that cost me.

BTW if you do try with the LP670, I recommend not bothering with the front and lower rear aero mods (just get the big rear spoiler and the front extension) as they'll cost you another 50k and just make it jittery. Whack up the downforce to max and throw in the 6 speed close ratio box (still good for about 210mph)

This thing is an absolute MONSTER off the line with its 4WD and 880bhp (but it still weighs a lot).

Controller or wheel, I just cannot control the Minolta even w/ a tune from the Forums. Always give a little too much gas in a turn, and spin out, or clip the grass and spin out...then it's lights out after that.

I guess I have hit the point where its time to practice, practice, practice before I can move forward.

Controller or wheel, I just cannot control the Minolta even w/ a tune from the Forums. Always give a little too much gas in a turn, and spin out, or clip the grass and spin out...then it's lights out after that.

Have you already equipped it with soft racing tyres? That should make handling the Minolta a breeze. I had some trouble keeping it on the track in the rain, but on dry surface it's invincible in this tournament.

If spinning out after a turn is a big issue you could consider tweaking the LSD. It can be a bit of voodoo magic at first, but jacking up the Accelleration Sensitivity may help you overcome wheelspin - keep in mind that this may introduce a new problem: understeer. But this may be easier for you to handle than an uncontrollable backside. :)

I think the biggest trick is throttle control though: don't floor the pedal at once, but gradually open throttle once you're out of first/second gear.

HTH!

Worked well with me, just had to increase the downforce a little, set max speed 235mph and set camber to -3/-1.5 as someone suggested. Won the second time I tried.

Before I tried hundred times with Suzuki Escudo and the best I could do was second, just too slow on the straights and I was always taken over before the finish line, when I was not knocked out before by the aggressive IA. That car is way to light and narrow for that race. You can win I think, but you have to be really good and time your last lap right.

The Furai gets out of the curve ~10mph faster than the Escudo, and keeps the speed better too. I managed to stay in front of the pack for two laps straight.

I used dumb-spec bob to win the NA-R race in b-spec mode to win a Mazda Murai concept.
Maxed out it's hp and bought racing soft tires.
Then used that Mazda Murai to win "Like the Wind" event in extreme series in A-spec mode to win a Toyota minolta 89' race car.
And now you have a legit race car to go up against them.
It was pretty easy for me. I think you could of used the Mazda Murai concept in GT all stars event.

But in order for your Mazda Murai to win in the "Like The Wind" event you need to change its max speed in the transmission to like 230-240mph

The Mazda Furai is quick enough but I haven't been able to keep it on the track long enough to actually win the series... its such a volatile car a the lack of width at the Nurburgring coupled with the Furai's tendency to rotate if it touches so much as 6 inches of grass make it nigh-on impossible if you don't know the full 12.5 miles well...

wolfman_pt
What kind of modifications do yuo need? Coz i put the max Hp and reduced its weight but its still not good enough

Buy the '09 ZR-1 in the new car dealership You go to GT Auto and do the "race mod" (do mod first!). Then buy every other part you can, racing softs too. Change oil, raise downforce to max, reduce ride height to max, set tranny to 261 mph. Win easy (especially Indy), collect Minolta race car, then win B Spec LTW with that. That gives you the Toyota 7, which you can win the classic supercar race with.

Merry Christmas in May!

The Mazda Furai is quick enough but I haven't been able to keep it on the track long enough to actually win the series... its such a volatile car a the lack of width at the Nurburgring coupled with the Furai's tendency to rotate if it touches so much as 6 inches of grass make it nigh-on impossible if you don't know the full 12.5 miles well...

I rarely go to Nordschleife but the Furai still dominates the AI easily enough on that stage.

Back