A-spec Intermediate Level Non-Race Car Challenge: Apricot Hill Raceway

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 163 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Intermediate Level Non-Race Car Challenge: Apricot Hill Raceway

A-spec #37 Intermediate Level Non-Race Car Challenge @ Apricot Hill Raceway.jpg

A-spec [#37] Intermediate Level Non-Race Car Challenge @ Apricot Hill Raceway.jpg

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - by Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - @TUNERXANDE1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

Brewguy Tunes & Brews Garage - by Brewguy44

MGO Seasonal Tuning - by mgo

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
not realy challenging.
Took a quick shot with a Elise sport pushed to 500PP this morning.
started and was a bit suprised how i struggled with oversteering in some of the fast corners. I won anyway by overtaking the Corvette in the last corner although my gearsetting was to short by about 20-30kph.

Considering lately that i still had the ComfortSoft tyres from the Brandshatch - Event mounted :D

Now I#m thinking about some challenging alternatives again... any suggestions are wellcome :)

Now I#m thinking about some challenging alternatives again... any suggestions are wellcome :)
Try the R5 Turbo or go for a RUF with RR layout like the BTR. :D Anything with more than 50% weight in the rear is challenging on this track. The Elise has a very uneven weight distribution too, but it drives like on rails. These cars don't.

if you want really easy, try the GSX-R/4, 250hp 795kg. For most other cars I tried you have to get them in the last part of the last lap which makes it a nail biting experience.

The R/4 lets you get them start of the 3rd lap.

The track has a lot more grip than in the 600PP time trial. I had to get used to this first, since i have done the time trial so many times. Won with a 1970 Challenger and a Clio V6 now.

Try the R5 Turbo or go for a RUF with RR layout like the BTR. :D Anything with more than 50% weight in the rear is challenging on this track. The Elise has a very uneven weight distribution too, but it drives like on rails. These cars don't.
i dont realy like either of those ... but i own a R5 and i give it a shot.
Actually i think about my BRZ or the FT 86 to take them for a ride. They are not challenging on this i think but i really like to drive them ;)

Cant imagine people recommending a RUF (and ironically to a German fellow). The RUFs can do it, but they require an experienced driver and I feel the rabbits here as reasonably quick for what they are.

Cant imagine people recommending a RUF (and ironically to a German fellow). The RUFs can do it, but they require an experienced driver and I feel the rabbits here as reasonably quick for what they are.
i dont like the RUFs just because they are named RUFs and not "Porsche" as they actually are meant to be.
For Porsche does not allow GT6 to use the name i boycott them and they for sure feel very bad about this ... i hope :D

Well, he wanted something challenging. :D

RUF btw is a manufacturer in its own right, as they produce more than 60% of the parts themselves. Porsche only delivers incomplete cars to them.

Last edited:
Well, he wanted something challenging. :D

RUF btw is a manufacturer in its own right, as they produce more than 60% of the parts themselves. Porsche only delivers incomplete cars to them.
didnt now about that , thanks.

anyway they look like Porsche and they are NOT ... enough to boycott them anyway :D

although i would love to have 356 in the game ... ;)

I am having a lot of fun with the stock Lotus Esprit '02. I am a beginner and I found the car easy to handle and it was a good challenge. I earned the "0.01 Trophy" getting gold, so yeah, pretty much an absolutely perfect match for my skill level.

So, if you're still learning the basics like me, I would highly recommend the stock Esprit '02 for this challenge. I feel like it is really good for learning to drive with low/no TCS and SRF Off. The car will act up when I make mistakes but I feel like I (most times) have plenty of time to react, so small mistakes do not necessarily ruin a whole run (I am looking at you Time Trials and high PP cars); they just cost some time.

I will also be trying out the stock Ferrari 512BB.

I tried the stock Dino but I don't think I can win with that until I am much better.

i dont realy like either of those ... but i own a R5 and i give it a shot.
Actually i think about my BRZ or the FT 86 to take them for a ride. They are not challenging on this i think but i really like to drive them ;)

Have you got a good tune for the FT 86? I started working on a 86 "Racing" tune last night but it's still a long way off I think.

Have you got a good tune for the FT 86? I started working on a 86 "Racing" tune last night but it's still a long way off I think.
i do actually have a tuned 86 "Racing" . This is the one with NOT adjustable camber and toe isnt it ?

Anyway i can give you this setup once maybe i work it over a bit.

i do actually have a tuned 86 "Racing" . This is the one with NOT adjustable camber and toe isnt it ?

Anyway i can give you this setup once maybe i work it over a bit.

You can definitely adjust the toe and camber on this car when you buy the fully adjustable suspension...

Look like fun! Thanks @nowcontrol for once consistently providing everyone with the info on the latest seasonals :bowdown:
I'll be back in 20+ days to finally do the event as I'm not available to go on, the randomiser chose the '99 Honda NSX so it should be a fun race.

I can imagine Doodle (if he does this event) may end up using his crazy fast Shelby!

Also used the Isuzu Beginner prize car with some tuning, found it lacked some grunt pulling out of chicane and hairpin. But win with 1:36 to 1:38 laps . Found the speed differential with the AI was way too high, passed them like they were standing still, inside outside no matter. But the randomizer puts up a good variety at fields at least for variety. Oh and mind the chicane, short cut penalty for cutting.

Many thanks again to @shaunm80. Used the M3 CSL with @shaunm80 tune for an easy win. Apricot Hill seems to flow better in reverse to me. I don't know if anyone else agrees but I'd much rather run in reverse. Also won it with another @shaunm80 tune in an Elise 111R. Less than a half an hour to win all 3. It's gonna be a long 20+ days.

Now it's time for the @coryclifford challenge; win it in a stock RUF RGT. If I manage to pull it off I'll post a picture.

Hellow fellows, newbie on board :D
That was an quite easy seasonal, almost as easy as the last medium seasonal. Picked an random 90's Mazda rx7 (the premium one), tuned it to 49x pp and easy win. Overtook the 1. place aston martin at the first corner in 2. round.
I have to say i actually don't like apricot hill much but reverse it's more fun to drive :)

Back