A-spec Intermediate Level Non-Race Car Challenge: Apricot Hill Raceway

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 163 comments
Had a go with the RGT as suggested by @coryclifford. 1st lap was terrible off into the gravel trap went from 7th back to 10th but managed 2 very good laps and just won by a few 10ths. I must say that car stock is a handful as I haven't driven a powerful RR car in a long time. Would have really liked to have had racing brakes since I'm a very late on the brakes.

Attachments

• 20160212_210331.jpg
    20160212_210331.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 26
Took the fully tuned Toyota Carina out for laughs and somehow managed to win. That 4WS makes all the difference lol. Seriously though, use the RUF 3400S. It's the best 500pp car in the game IMO.

Had a go with the RGT as suggested by @coryclifford. 1st lap was terrible off into the gravel trap went from 7th back to 10th but managed 2 very good laps and just won by a few 10ths. I must say that car stock is a handful as I haven't driven a powerful RR car in a long time. Would have really liked to have had racing brakes since I'm a very late on the brakes.
Yeah, now try it in a totally stock '86 BTR against the RGT. Talk about tough! Doable though!

The BTR and Stratos would be a fun match up at 500pp. 💡

I found a slow field just now driving a stock HSC. Fastest rabbit was a Cerbera Speed 6. V8 Vantage was on pole, but fell back immediately lol. No Corvette, Lambo, Tuscan or RGT in sight.:boggled:

Easy wins with:

Peugeot 206 RC
BMW M3 GTR
Tesla Roadster
Suzuki GSX-4
Renault Megane RS

The Suzuki is ridicolously fast with his low weight and MR :)

The Lamborghini Miura real expensive man. Is that the Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706 '67 you're referring to? The price I'm seeing for that is 15,000,000. 15 million big ones. Is it really worth it?

Yeah that's the one. I don't know if it's available as a prize somewhere. I use these seasonal events to practice, so cash tends to build up rather quickly for me.

For me there's no doubt that it's worth it but I love the way it looks, its history and I am not short of credits.

Edit: I don't recall liking its handling much before I started taking assists off.

Took the fully tuned Toyota Carina out for laughs and somehow managed to win. That 4WS makes all the difference lol. Seriously though, use the RUF 3400S. It's the best 500pp car in the game IMO.

Do you tune the 3400S to 500PP or run it stock?

Do you tune the 3400S to 500PP or run it stock?

Tuned for sure. Oil change, racing exhaust, exhaust manifold, stage 3 weight reduction, carbon hood, 9kg ballast weight. Should be 500pp. Extremely fun to drive.

Suspension:
Ride height, 94/94
Spring rate: 7.15/9.24
Dampers: 5/5, 6/6
Anti-roll bars: 4/4
Camber: 0.5/0.7
Toe angle: 0.00/0.40
Brake balance: 3/0

LSD: 8/13/10

I just shorten the gears as needed.

Tuned for sure. Oil change, racing exhaust, exhaust manifold, stage 3 weight reduction, carbon hood, 9kg ballast weight. Should be 500pp. Extremely fun to drive.

Suspension:
Ride height, 94/94
Spring rate: 7.15/9.24
Dampers: 5/5, 6/6
Anti-roll bars: 4/4
Camber: 0.5/0.7
Toe angle: 0.00/0.40
Brake balance: 3/0

LSD: 8/13/10

I just shorten the gears as needed.
Thanks a lot! :) Looking forward to trying it out.

400hp 1,270kg Spyker C8 does it as well but its much more unstable that the 450pp 270hp version.

Gordon Murray's rocket does it too and easy.

NSX prototype with Nurburgring tune from previous seasonal. Lots of laps at 1:32 - 1:34.
how did you get this down to 500 PP ... did you drive without wheels ? :D

i got a 1.30 and below with a 86 tuned up completely, but maybe i get me another NSX and give it a shot

Tuning : standard.
Computer : standard
Exhaust : Racing
Exhaust manifold : standard.
Catalytic converter: standard.
Intake: standard.
Turbo kit: normal.

Power limiter: 63.3

Weight reduction : standard
Ballast: none.

wow insane, ibought one brand new and just did some minor setups little weight reduction and balanced to the front (i like it less understeering in the fast corner)

it did a 1.29.1 without much effort... what a beast :D

Lancia Stratos with a Priaino tune was fun.

Just showed them all who is the boss in a Silverado lol. For a pickup it is not bad really once you take some weight off.

Last edited:
The tune I used makes it easier to keep straight. I can drive it ok stock but at 500pp a tune is mandatory. The BTR is a different kind of hard. It wants to drift every turn but I never feel out of control. Maybe its all the Stratos seat time lol.

The tune I used makes it easier to keep straight. I can drive it ok stock but at 500pp a tune is mandatory. The BTR is a different kind of hard. It wants to drift every turn but I never feel out of control. Maybe its all the Stratos seat time lol.
ok you made me buy a BTR ... my first "Porsche" since i started with GT1.
it's all your fault if it is no fun to me in the end ok ? ;) :D

so lets try some turns with this ;)

BTR is the hardest one to drive. The RGT and 3400s are much easier. The CTR2 is not tough either. Yellow Bird is easier to me than BTR lol. It is like PD tried to emulate the early 911 that earned the car the status of Doctor Killer lol.

EDIT: Had a fun time tonight racing anything and everything. Some stock, some tuned if I felt they needed help. I ran the R390 road car so I could pass the field quick and watch the lead rabbit's behavior change. As far as I could tell the car did not get any special boosts. What they do is start driving very, very well. They get on throttle earlier, brake later. Basically you have an Alien behind the wheel pushing the car to it's maximum. I rewinded it to before I passed and They brake early, corner conservatively, etc... But it is not true rubber banding in the sense that they can not go faster than the car can. I put a good gap on him with the R390. But he tried his best to stay with me.

Last edited:
Had a fun time tonight racing anything and everything.
I guess you own every single car and you have driven them all at least once? :D

I also tried a variety of cars: Ferrari 250GT swb and SP1, Alfa 147 GTA, BMW Z4, Alpine A310, Nissan Silvia 1965 and :scared: the Ford Taurus. They are all winners now. :D

I used the 4200R prize car here all stock. Was a good race, caught the Countach '74 rabbit right at the last corner.
I had a go with the Isuzu 4200R (in the Pastel Lilac I also won in the Beginners), with the M3 GTR '03 rabbit, I could not get this into the medals. I'm using wutang4ever tune from gt6tunes.
Nailed it straight away with my own M3 GTR '03 (with the Countach rabbit). Does anyone have a better tune for the Isuzu?

Last edited:
Back