A-spec Intermediate Level Non-Race Car Challenge: Apricot Hill Raceway

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 163 comments
Easy win with any 500 PP car. So far, RUF BTR, RUF CTR, RUF 3400S, R5, GT350R, 2006 Corvette Z06, BMW 120d, M3, Tacoma X-Runner, Dodge Ram, Honda Odyssey, Taurus SHO, Mercedes C63, Clio 24V. I think thats all so far. This race is loads of fun!

The only cars that don't have a shot here are a few of the low PP cars that have limited tuning. 2CV and Honda S500 for example. Just don't have enough guts on the straights.

@shaunm80 M3 tune brought it once again. If it wasn't for me getting distracted by a pesky lead ZO6 in the first turn of the last lap (BIG off in that turn!), it would have been a perfect race. Easy win.

I did this 1st shot in the 3.2 A3 Quattro which is odd because FWD cars shouldnt do that well against this competition.

388hp 1,285kg

I momentarily caved a bit and turned traction control up to 1on the stock BTR '86 and managed to get a win (not against the RGT). I will return to trying to win without assists but I had to take a break from this magnificent deathtrap of a car. :D

As promised, the other cars now feel completely different. I am surprised the change was this fast. I would strongly recommend that any learner like myself spend a few hours in a stock RUF BTR '86 with no assists except ABS 1. It was often very frustrating... it is super difficult if you're not already pretty good at the game. I'm still not good enough to drive the unassisted BTR reliably and I have not yet won without TCS 1 and active steering. But holy cow did it improve my enjoyment of the other cars. Wow!

I am now able to drive pretty much any 500'ish PP (and below) MR car with tons more confidence and control than before I wrestled with the BTR (even though the BTR clearly won the wrestling match). Even the Stratos now feels reasonable. One day I could almost see myself saying stuff like: "Oh yeah sure, a Stratos is a great little agile car, not a tiny, road going deathtrap at all. Everyone can drive one safely!" :P

"Oh yeah sure, a Stratos is a great little agile car, not a tiny, road going deathtrap at all. Everyone can drive one safely!"
i dont think you will ever say SUCH thing.
But your actually right with this. in the beginning i could not drive without turning TC to 5. now i turn it OF normally.
Except for the Stratos again , there i sometime would like to push it up 12 or 14 if possible :D

The Firebird can win, but it took some tuning to get rid of serious understeer. The Alpine VGT just demolished it, straight up cheater car style. Ford GT40 MK1 likes to slide around but it is really fast. BTR seat time makes it easy to catch. I actually loosened it back up from when I tuned it before.

I did it in the new camaro boss mustang and all of the bmw m3's... problem is most of them were on stage 3 light... you need a light good cornering car rather than something powerful.

I did it in the new camaro boss mustang and all of the bmw m3's... problem is most of them were on stage 3 light... you need a light good cornering car rather than something powerful.
and also well balanced for the long 180°righthander in the middle. You can loose a couple seconds there sliding around.

What kind of times are you guys getting ?
I'm generally just above 5:00,
but I'll break five minutes every once in a while.

i dont actually think i'm one of "you guys" :D but anway i do something about 4.54 with messing up 2 of 3 laps in a NSX ;)

edit; X-BOW R 4,54.2 (1.28.7 best lap)

with a not well setup GranTurismo Maserati i just did a 4.59 and with a FF Focus GT '13 i won in 5.04 something.

is this enough for orientation ?

Last edited:

My fastest times are around 5:03. I have not run more than one tuned car (the RUF 3400S posted in this thread) and I have not run it that much but I know that it can get under 5 minutes for better drivers. I'm sure that's entirely true for the untuned cars I run as well. :D

i dont actually think i'm one of "you guys" :D but anway i do something about 4.54 with messing up 2 of 3 laps in a NSX ;)

edit; X-BOW R 4,54.2 (1.28.7 best lap)

with a not well setup GranTurismo Maserati i just did a 4.59 and with a FF Focus GT '13 i won in 5.04 something.

is this enough for orientation ?

How do you androgynous penguins have your X-Bows tuned ?

How do you androgynous penguins have your X-Bows tuned ?
Ed_Night Tune, For less pp take more ballast.

90 65
3,80 7,30
3 4
3 4
7 7
0 0
0,05 0

racing brake: 5 / 5

LSD: 8 / 9 / 26

power: install all parts (no oil) @ 94,5% limiter

weight: WR stage 3 + 150kg @ 0% = 900kg

gearbox:
FG: 5,000
Topspeed: 180km/h
gears ( 1st - 6th ): 2,885 / 2,138 / 1,800 / 1,526 / 1,298 / 1,107
FG: 2,600

Ed_Night Tune, For less pp take more ballast.

90 65
3,80 7,30
3 4
3 4
7 7
0 0
0,05 0

racing brake: 5 / 5

LSD: 8 / 9 / 26

power: install all parts (no oil) @ 94,5% limiter

weight: WR stage 3 + 150kg @ 0% = 900kg

gearbox:
FG: 5,000
Topspeed: 180km/h
gears ( 1st - 6th ): 2,885 / 2,138 / 1,800 / 1,526 / 1,298 / 1,107
FG: 2,600

Awesome. Thanks.

BMW M3 CSL '03 (500PP SH)

A very grippy and confidence inspiring car.

mid-field-raceway-jpg.444575

Thanks @shaunm80 for another awesome tune. Took the lead at the start of lap 3 and never looked back.

Latest Posts

Back