Power Limiter : 93.8%
Transmission: Manual
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF
The car has 498 PP, weighs 1180Kg with a 48/52 front/rear weight
distribution, has a power to weight ratio of 3.74 kg/hp, has 315 HP
@6600 rpm and produces 254.4 ft-lb torque @6500 rpm
Notes:
I raced this car online at The Ring using 315hp, 1180kg, 3.74pw and fuel/tire wear set to fast as regs. Max -15% use of power limiting was also used for the available GT300 base cars.

This was a fun way of tuning the cars rather than using just PP.

The RX7 provided the best top speed of the group but it lacks torque out of corners.
Fun fact: one of the few sounds that PD got right is the sweet sound of a bridge ported rotary at idle

ENJOY, AC

Last edited:
Clueless over The Hill Outlaws
"Subaru BRZ GT300 Base Model '12"​

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: Subaru (change oil)
Downforce: front 180 rear 390
Chassis reinforcement: no
Turbo: no
Engine Tuning: no
Tires: RH
Suspension
Ride height front 80, rear 80
Spring rate front 16.50, rear 15.85
Dampers (Compression) front 2 rear 4
Dampers (Extension) front 4 rear 2
Anti-roll bars front 3 rear 3
Camber angle front 0.0 rear 0.0
Toe angle front -.10 rear .10
Brakes: stock fr 5 rr 7
LSD
rear = initial 8, acceleration 11, braking 12
Transmission
set final to 3.900 then max speed to 112 mph
1st: 4.580, 2nd: 3.260, 3rd: 2.475, 4th: 1.975, 5th: 1.626, 6th: 1.370
final: 2.500
The Tune
Ballast weight : 30/50
Power Limiter : 87.3%
The car has 499 PP, weighs 1180Kg with a 51/49 front/rear weight
@5100 rpm and produces 341.7 ft-lb torque @4000 rpm
Notes:
I raced this car online at The Ring using 315hp, 1180kg, 3.74pw and fuel/tire wear set to fast as regs. Max -15% use of power limiting was also used for the available GT300 base cars.

The BRZ provided the easiest drive (Lexus not tested) of the group but it lacks top speed.

ENJOY, AC

Last edited:
Maybe *evil laugh* :dopey:

@ACSR421 , what specs are your tunes based on? Might try some myself :D

Here are the specs we used for this series *provided by GBRC*
note some GT300 cars exceeded the -10% powerlimiting but were allowed

Race and tuner cars are banned from the clubman classes

CLUBMAN CLASS C - 177bhp/900kg/Sports Hards *cars must have less 177hp and weigh over 900kg stock -MR drivetrain not allowed.

CLUBMAN CLASS B - 266bhp/1100kg/Sports Meds *cars must have less than 266hp and weigh over 1100kg stock

CLUBMAN CLASS A - 404bhp/1250kg/Sports Softs *cars must have less than 404hp and weigh over 1250kg stock

RALLY CARS - 500PP / Racing Hards
NOTE: All cars must be BELOW 500PP in stock form to qualify - 90-100% power limiter
BANNED : Lancer Evolution Super Rally Car '03

GT300 BASE MODELS - 315bhp/1180kg/Racing Hards (3.74 pwr)
NOTE: Please add ballast & use power limiter 90-100%
CAR CHOICE : Lexus IS350 BaseModel 08 (MR)
RE Amemiya RX7 GT300BaseModel 06 (FR)
Subaru Impreza GT300BaseModel '08 (4WD)
Subaru BRZ GT300BaseModel '12 (FR)
Autobacs Garraiya GT300BM 08 (MR)

(No engine or turbo mods)

GT500 BASE MODELS - 493bhp/1150kg/Racing Softs (2.33pwr)

CAR CHOICE : Nissan Z GT500 Base Model '06
Nissan GTR GT500 Base Model '08
Honda NSX GT500 Base Model '08
Honda HSV GT500 Base Model '12
Lexus SC430 GT500 Base Model '08

Toyota Supra GT500 Base Model '05

Last edited:
"RE Amemia RX7 GT300 Base Model '06"

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: RE Mazda (change oil)
Downforce: front 204 rear 490
Suspension
Ride height front 55, rear 45
Spring rate front 14.64, rear 15.84
Toe angle front -.10 rear -.04
Brakes: stock fr 4 rr 4
LSD
rear = initial 10, acceleration 11, braking 16
Transmission
set final to 4.000 then max speed to 112 mph
1st: 5.370, 2nd: 3.820, 3rd: 2.928, 4th: 2.340, 5th: 1.920, 6th: 1.615
final: 2.640
The Tune
Ballast weight : 80/35
Power Limiter : 93.8%
The car has 498 PP, weighs 1180Kg with a 48/52 front/rear weight
@6600 rpm and produces 254.4 ft-lb torque @6500 rpm
Notes:

The RX7 provided the best top speed of the group but it lacks torque out of corners.
Fun fact: one of the few sounds that PD got right is the sweet sound of a bridge ported rotary at idle

ENJOY, AC
"Subaru BRZ GT300 Base Model '12"​

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: Subaru (change oil)
Downforce: front 180 rear 390
Suspension
Ride height front 80, rear 80
Spring rate front 16.50, rear 15.85
Toe angle front -.10 rear .10
Brakes: stock fr 5 rr 7
LSD
rear = initial 8, acceleration 11, braking 12
Transmission
set final to 3.900 then max speed to 112 mph
1st: 4.580, 2nd: 3.260, 3rd: 2.475, 4th: 1.975, 5th: 1.626, 6th: 1.370
final: 2.500
The Tune
Ballast weight : 30/50
Power Limiter : 87.3%
The car has 499 PP, weighs 1180Kg with a 51/49 front/rear weight
@5100 rpm and produces 341.7 ft-lb torque @4000 rpm
Notes:

The BRZ provided the easiest drive (Lexus not tested) of the group but it lacks top speed.

ENJOY, AC
A real pleasure to drive them AC! 👍

Here are the specs we used for this series *provided by GBRC*
note some GT300 cars exceeded the -10% powerlimiting but were allowed

CLUBMAN CLASS C - 177bhp/900kg/Sports Hards

CLUBMAN CLASS B - 266bhp/1100kg/Sports Meds

CLUBMAN CLASS A - 404bhp/1250kg/Sports Softs

RALLY CARS - 500PP / Racing Hards
NOTE: All cars must be BELOW 500PP in stock form to qualify - 90-100% power limiter
BANNED : Lancer Evolution Super Rally Car '03

GT500 BASE MODELS - 493bhp/1150kg/Racing Softs (2.33pwr)

CAR CHOICE : Nissan Z GT500 Base Model '06
Nissan GTR GT500 Base Model '08
Honda NSX GT500 Base Model '08
Honda HSV GT500 Base Model '12
Lexus SC430 GT500 Base Model '08

Toyota Supra GT500 Base Model '05

Thanks 👍 might try tuning like that when I can find time. Looks like FUN! :dopey:

Nice, I like these specs. I have the IS350, RX7 and BRZ already. I've only altered the diff on both the RX7 and BRZ, so I'll give your tunes a try on them. I've not bought the Impreza yet, due to not wanting to tune two diffs and I've shied away from the Garraiya because the Megane Trophy scared me badly..!! MR drivetrain and short wheelbase is a bit too trick for me. The Megane lacks the downforce that the GT300s have and is a little too keen to swap ends for my liking, but it's quick. Of the three I've tried (IS350, RX7 and BRZ) the Lexus is my favourite. It benefits from a MR drivetrain but has a longer wheelbase, which gives me the extra stability I need in the corners. I've been running it off line on SM tyres and spent most of my time focusing on corner exit. Around Brands Hatch, it's amazing. Love the track, love the car :D:tup:

{Cy}

Glad to see you guys slowly coming back to life. For some reason reminded me a bit of 'Aliens' where the marines get woken up from hibernation - a bunch of sleeping tuners in an empty garage...just me? Ahem, anyway...

"RE Amemia RX7 GT300 Base Model '06"​

I decided to build this as I had a bit of fun with the older Asparadrink (:ill:) RX7 in GT5; mine ended up Tangerine Scream with black wheels - as have quite a few of my GT6 cars.

Just one thing with the build - I didn't change the oil, so ended up with a few more horses and a limiter of something like 99%. Didn't bother to check how the power curve went - maybe it is a lot flatter with oil change and more limiting?

Only a quick run - and as usual 10 laps of Trial Mountain. Not being my usual type of drive, it took about five laps to get used the high level of downforce/grip of the GT300 car. I kept pushing lap after lap and it just held on, laughing at puny efforts to unstick it. Around lap 7 I found the limits and... no real dramas to report. My only incident in the ten laps was a clip of the pit wall on the S/F straight as I ran wide out of the S bend.

Having been used on the Nordschleife, the setup is compliant enough to handle the bumps of TM though inevitably there is some skipping about. There is B/LOR that caused me to over steer a bit on entry sometimes, but correction is safe and the effect generally favourable. Too much speed or too early power often resulted in safe and easily correctable understeer.

Being the rotary (and as ACSR has pointed out) it lacks a bit of the mid range grunt, so keeping the revs up is necessary. Best lap was 1:26.5 though I have nothing similar to compare it with, yet. However, it is a fast and fun drive - fairly safe but still with a bit of edge. I'll be back for more...👍

Nice, I like these specs. I have the IS350, RX7 and BRZ already. I've only altered the diff on both the RX7 and BRZ, so I'll give your tunes a try on them. I've not bought the Impreza yet, due to not wanting to tune two diffs and I've shied away from the Garraiya because the Megane Trophy scared me badly..!! MR drivetrain and short wheelbase is a bit too trick for me. The Megane lacks the downforce that the GT300s have and is a little too keen to swap ends for my liking, but it's quick. Of the three I've tried (IS350, RX7 and BRZ) the Lexus is my favourite. It benefits from a MR drivetrain but has a longer wheelbase, which gives me the extra stability I need in the corners. I've been running it off line on SM tyres and spent most of my time focusing on corner exit. Around Brands Hatch, it's amazing. Love the track, love the car :D:tup:

{Cy}
I'm going to buy the Impreza myself. Having raced against it and seeing how sure footed and planted the car stayed around the Ring I will probably race one next time. Would love to try one of your tunes on it Cy.💡

The Garraiya is the most fun to drive but like you said it is too tricky to trust around the Ring.... but get this car on the right track and it should be a winner.

My RX7 tune could probably use some more downforce but I went with less because of the higher top speeds it provided. Watch out on the banked turns it doesn't like them.:eek:

Edit: I added some things to my post #667 that should help anyone looking to build the Clubman class cars to those specs. The variety of competitive cars and close racing was great with them.:cheers:

Last edited:
I'm going to buy the Impreza myself. Having raced against it and seeing how sure footed and planted the car stayed around the Ring I will probably race one next time. Would love to try one of your tunes on it Cy.💡

The Garraiya is the most fun to drive but like you said it is too tricky to trust around the Ring.... but get this car on the right track it and should be a winner.

My RX7 tune could probably use some more downforce but I went with less because of the higher top speeds it provided. Watch out on the banked turns it doesn't like them.:eek:

Edit: I added some things to my post #667 that should help anyone looking to build the Clubman class cars to those specs. The variety of competitive cars and close racing was great with them.:cheers:

It'll be great to see some CoTHO tunes for GBRC regs. I know a few of the lads don't tune and will really appreciate another resource.

The GT300s on the Ring were well received and we should see a dedicated series for these cars soon, so you might get the chance to race the Garraiya on some other real world tracks.

If any of the tuners or their followers fancy competing, we've always got open arms to new members.

It'll be great to see some CoTHO tunes for GBRC regs. I know a few of the lads don't tune and will really appreciate another resource.

The GT300s on the Ring were well received and we should see a dedicated series for these cars soon, so you might get the chance to race the Garraiya on some other real world tracks.

If any of the tuners or their followers fancy competing, we've always got open arms to new members.

Thanks Rams, I can post more of my tunes if you think some of the guys would use them.

I did some casual racing today at Brands Hatch in the Garraiya it did well but the RX7 is still just a touch faster than the other GT300s. We may need to limit it to 300-305 bhp.

Like Rams said if anyone wants to check out GBRC you can do so at GTArena.com. Good clean racing whether you are just looking for casual or points series racing you can find it all here.

So I ran your RX7 last night, @ACSR421, it was a lovely car to drive. I like that you've kept the car soft, it made it very compliant through some of the high speed corners around the back of Brands Hatch. The only corners it presented any kind of problem with were corners like you've already mentioned. Graham Hill Bend (at the bottom of the hill after Druids hairpin) and Stirling's (2nd to last corner). Through both of these corners the suspension is as compressed as it gets. Now, that's not to say that I couldn't adjust my driving a little to compensate and please remember I'm auto shifting and using a controller. Either which way, before our South American brother, @praiano63 arrived, you and I were trading fastest laps. I appreciate I've likely spent a few more hours at Brands, but even still :sly:

@danbojte has my Lexus at the moment, just waiting to find out if it's killed him yet. It still requires some sort of gearbox and I'd like to try it with varying levels of downforce. I'll post it in a few days if people are likely to be interested 👍

{Cy}

The tail lights of that RX7 look nice. :banghead: :indiff:
@ACSR421 your BRZ is very nice. I just wish I knew the track better. I think I'll use it as a test track for the current FITT competition. Kapow! Sploosh, sploosh.

I look forward to the next time. :)

The tail lights of that RX7 look nice. :banghead: :indiff:
@ACSR421 your BRZ is very nice. I just wish I knew the track better. I think I'll use it as a test track for the current FITT competition. Kapow! Sploosh, sploosh.

I look forward to the next time. :)
It's a great track, I've driven hundreds of virtual miles there across various different driving games, plus I watch a lot of motor sports on TV, including the BTCC, which has provided some of the best racing I've seen at this track, including possibly the greatest 'save' ever by Jason Plato (sorry for posting this video again, but honestly, it's amazing!!). There's a lot to be said for FWD :sly:

Speaking of FWD, does anyone know if there's a FWD car with comparable downforce to the GT300s? I had a look at the Scirocco 24H, but it appears you can't change the toe angle on that car :confused:

{Cy}

It's a great track, I've driven hundreds of virtual miles there across various different driving games, plus I watch a lot of motor sports on TV, including the BTCC, which has provided some of the best racing I've seen at this track, including possibly the greatest 'save' ever by Jason Plato (sorry for posting this video again, but honestly, it's amazing!!). There's a lot to be said for FWD :sly:

Speaking of FWD, does anyone know if there's a FWD car with comparable downforce to the GT300s? I had a look at the Scirocco 24H, but it appears you can't change the toe angle on that car :confused:

{Cy}

There was a FITT challenge very recently and the Scirocco 24 car was tuned by quite a few tuners. Maybe one of those tunes will make it comparable?

There was a FITT challenge very recently and the Scirocco 24 car was tuned by quite a few tuners. Maybe one of those tunes will make it comparable?
Thanks Shaun, looks like you can't change the toe angle at all on that car then. Mind you, @Motor City Hami submitted a tune for it, so I might just try his and see what he did to overcome the issue...

{Cy}

{Cy}
Xsara Rally car. It destroyed the other rally cars at The Ring. It's a little slidey but it just adds character to the car for me.

Thanks Shaun, looks like you can't change the toe angle at all on that car then. Mind you, @Motor City Hami submitted a tune for it, so I might just try his and see what he did to overcome the issue...

{Cy}

The tunes
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/motor-city-tunes-gt6.291066/page-15#post-9579330
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/motor-city-tunes-gt6.291066/page-15#post-9579362

I went really radical with the damper settings. Everything else is pretty much down the middle of the tuning guide. I am finding a few tenths and a better feel with damping. I would call these settings aggressive, but I am finding speed using the damper method posted in my guide.

Good luck with testing.

Xsara Rally car. It destroyed the other rally cars at The Ring. It's a little slidey but it just adds character to the car for me.
I like that car, it reminds me of one of my first trips to watch the Sunseeker Rally. At the time it was a 'local' event and not part of the National Rally Championship, but due to the time of year it was held, you used to get a lot of them turning up to prove their cars before entering the National events. Renault turned up with two of their early Meganes, which were still FWD at that point. It was also the last and only time I got to see them on the tarmac section with a 2.5mile straight (they bus-stopped it the following year over safety concerns). Nothing quite so exciting as being stood two or three feet away from cars travelling in excess of 120mph :mischievous:

I'll give the Xsara a try later, it'll be interesting to see how FWD fares when restricted by weight and power, rather than PP. I noted that at the same weight and power levels that the RX7 runs about 495-497PP whilst the IS350 runs at 503-505PP.

I like running weight and power restrictions, so if you do change your mind RE: GT300 style cars, let me know 👍

The tunes
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/motor-city-tunes-gt6.291066/page-15#post-9579330
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/motor-city-tunes-gt6.291066/page-15#post-9579362

I went really radical with the damper settings. Everything else is pretty much down the middle of the tuning guide. I am finding a few tenths and a better feel with damping. I would call these settings aggressive, but I am finding speed using the damper method posted in my guide.

Good luck with testing.
Well, you say the dampers are radical, they don't look all that crazy to me. But then I'm quite happy running maxed dampers and I'm not adverse to flipping them either :sly:

For the rear springs, did you deliberately set it that high, or is this another car that comes with a hefty rear spring already? I'll likely run it with about 100 less horses and with another 10kg onboard, but that I'm sure, will only help make it easier to drive. Otherwise, it's a pretty attractive looking setup, I'll let you know how I get on with it and how it fares against the RWD cars. If this game is any cop, then it should be able to keep up with them, after all, the specs we're running aren't that dissimilar to BTCC (300BHP/1200kg, give or take) and there are probably more FWD entries in that competition than there are RWD...

{Cy}

- RE Amemia RX7 GT300 Base Model '06"
Specifications
Performance Points:
550 PP
Max. Power:
451 HP
Weight:
1180 kg
Weight Distribution (F/R):
4753 / -4653
Displacement:
654 cc
Max. Torque:
330 ft-lb
Drivetrain:
FR
Game Version:
Controller Type:
Steering Wheel
Tires
Tires (Front):
Racing: Hard
Tires (Rear):
Racing: Hard
Parts & Modifications
Aero Kit:
Standard
Flat Floor:
Standard
Suspension Kit:
Height-Adjustable, Fully Customizable Suspension
Transmission:
Fully-Customizable Transmission
Engine:
Stage 3
Turbo Kits:
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Other Parts:

• Fully-Customizable Mechanical Limited-Slip Differential
Suspension
Ride Height (F/R):
47 / 54
Spring Rate (F/R):
11.81 / 12.73
Dampers - Comp. (F/R):
5 / 6
Dampers - Ext. (F/R):
8 / 7
Anti-Roll Bars (F/R):
6 / 5
Camber Angle (F/R):
0.0 / 0.0
Toe Angle (F/R):
-0.10 / -0.02
Brake Balance (F/R):
5 / 6
Transmission
Max. Speed:
280 kph
1st Gear:
2nd Gear:
3rd Gear:
4th Gear:
5th Gear:
6th Gear:
Final Gear:
Drivetrain
Initial Torque (F/R):
00 / 08
Accel. Sensitivity (F/R):
00 / 11
Braking Sensitivity (F/R):
00 / 09
F/R Torque Distribution:
2.61 / 97.39
Power
Power Limiter:
96.4%
Body
Downforce (F/R):
300 / 575
Ballast Weight:
80 kg
Ballast Position:
50%
Driving Aids
Traction Control:
ABS Level:
IMG_0022_2.JPG

It looks like things are moving up a notch (speed wise) at CoTHO. I hope to be trying out a few GT300 (spec) cars - they are great fun and not so fast as to be frustrating.

Are you guys running a few races at Brands now? Might be able to do some online racing (only to make up the numbers :lol:), but I'm also facing a fair bit of house renovation over the next few months - mainly to do with bad jobs from previous owners :banghead:.

Bring on the Wall!!* Midget @krenkme - I've not used one in GT6 yet.

*edit: not sure if anyone outside of the UK will get the Dale Winton joke :lol:

It looks like things are moving up a notch (speed wise) at CoTHO. I hope to be trying out a few GT300 (spec) cars - they are great fun and not so fast as to be frustrating.

Are you guys running a few races at Brands now? Might be able to do some online racing (only to make up the numbers :lol:), but I'm also facing a fair bit of house renovation over the next few months - mainly to do with bad jobs from previous owners :banghead:.

Bring on the Wall!!* Midget @krenkme - I've not used one in GT6 yet.

*edit: not sure if anyone outside of the UK will get the Dale Winton joke :lol:
I love the GT300 cars for a good race in the Nurburgring 24.

Good luck with the renovations.

Don't know Dale Winton so didn't get the joke.

Back