FITT: Blind Tuning Challenge! Congrats to Bowtie-muscle & Otaliema! Tuners Revealed!!

United States
New Jersey
crash27wwjd
FITT Blind Tuning Challenge

CO-HOSTED BY: @Bowtie-muscle and @DolHaus

Class 1:
The Duel

S2000 vs RX-8

Class 2:
GT300 Time Attack

Subaru Impreza GT300 Base Model '08
Lexus IS350 GT300 Base Model '08
Subaru BRZ GT300 Base Model '12

Rules and Submissions:

You may choose to tune for 1 class, it is not mandatory but, we would ask that you test for the other. This is merely to prevent anyone testing their own tune to help ensure the rankings are as fair as possible for everyone. If you are only going to test, then you may test both classes if you wish.

All tunes MUST be submitted via PM to @Bowtie-muscle for The Duel Class and to @DolHaus for the GT300 Time Attack Class.

DO NOT post a tune in this thread as we are looking to keep it a mystery has to which tune belongs to which tuner.

DO NOT post the tune in your garage (if you have one) or in the Tuning Database until after the challenge is over. If you tune more than one car for the class, please
do not post the tune you are not submitting until after the challenge is over.

Once all of the tunes are submitted myself and Dolhaus will sort through the tunes and post each one ourselves in the OP giving each tune a number; for example tune 1, tune 2, etc.

Please use this tuning template when submitting your tune by PM:
(https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...post-until-title-change.322659/#post-10387111)
It can easily be edited, then simply copy and paste. When sending your tune, please provide two paint choices for us to use when posting as we may not have your first choice. If possible, also tell us where the chip can be obtained.

Only I will know who tuned which for The Duel Class and only DolHaus will know who tuned which for the GT300 Time Attack Class. Should make for interesting results since the tester will not know the tuner.

Tuning period: January 17th - January 31st. No tunes will be allowed after the 31st unless prior arrangements are made.
(We will need up to a week to sort through and check the tunes, and then post. If we get them done earlier, testing may begin as soon as all tunes are posted.)
Testing period: Ends on February 21st.

Scoring:
Each class will have 2 podiums, one for fastest lap time averaged across all testers. And one podium for Driver’s choice, each tester will score each tune on the scale listed below. Driver’s Choice scores will then be averaged across all testers. The maximum of DC points that can be earned is 10 points. Please choose DC on a scale of 0.0 -10.0.

Drivers Choice Scale:
10.0 Among the best tunes you have driven in GT6
7 to 9 A great tune that could be a little better if …..
4 to 6 A good tune that needs a few adjustments to become a contender
Under 4 A tune that needs work (please be specific with feedback with any tunes listed here)

All tuning and testing is expected to be done in Arcade Mode, grip set to real, ABS 1 only, all other aides off (Best Line is optional).

PLEASE, DO NOT respond to reviews and give away which tune was yours, plenty of time for thanking the testers AFTER the challenge is complete. (Thank You!)

Each class will have separate rules as defined in the following to posts. Each tuner or tester should be familiar with the standard FITT RULES. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-tuners-and-test-drivers.291311/#post-9017285

Scoring can be found HERE

Last edited:

THE DUEL

16264430726_cc3d1e62ab_z.jpg

Which car will you choose?

16289521892_8d67ed36fe_z.jpg

S2000 '06
or
RX-8 Type S '07

Specs:

450pp
Sports Hard Tires
1100kg Minimum weight

Track:

Grand Valley East REVERSE
Grip: Real

Restrictions:

NO OIL CHANGE
NO ENGINE OVERHAUL
NO RIGIDITY IMPROVEMENT
NO FRONT AERO
NO REAR WING
NO FLAT FLOOR
NO NITROUS
RIMS - STANDARD SIZE ONLY

Racing brakes allowed
Full Custom Suspension allowed
Full Custom Trans allowed
Standard or Twin-plate only (no Triple-Plate Clutch allowed)
Carbon Driveshaft allowed
Full LSD allowed
Power Limiter 90% or above
Ballast allowed
Weight must be 1100kg or above

Tunes must be submitted to me via PM using this template: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...post-until-title-change.322659/#post-10387111

Tuning period: January 17th - January 31st.
No tunes will be allowed after the 31st unless prior arrangements are made.
(We will need up to a week to sort through and check the tunes, and then post. If we get them done earlier, testing may begin as soon as all tunes are posted.)

Last edited:
GT300 Time Attack
Track: Tsukuba
Time: 15:30
Time Progression: 1
Weather at Race Start: 0%
Weather Changeability: 0
Surface Water at Race Start: 0%
Grip: Real
Tyres: Racing Hard

gt300subimp.jpg

Subaru Impreza GT300 Base Model '08
Drivetrain:
4WD
Power: 317 bhp @ 6500 RPM / 43.7 kgfm @ 3500 RPM
PP: 503
Power limiter: 100%
Weight: 1150kg
Ballast/Position: 50kg / -12 (Fixed)

gt300lex.jpg

Lexus IS350 GT300 Base Model '08
Drivetrain:
MR
Power: 317 bhp @ 6900 RPM / 42.5 kgfm @ 4500
PP: 505
Power limiter: 100%
Ballast/Position: 0kg / 0

gt300subbrz.jpg

Subaru BRZ GT300 Base Model '12
Drivetrain:
FR
Power: 317 bhp @ 6400 RPM / 45.0 kgfm @ 4000 RPM
PP: 500
Power limiter: 92%
Ballast/Position: 0kg / 0

Rules:
Cars must be built to exact specification as described above, no additional parts may be fitted and ballast may not be moved.

Oil Change - Banned
Overhaul Engine - Banned
Improve Body Rigidity - Banned
Nitrous - Banned

Tunes must be submitted to me via PM using this template: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...post-until-title-change.322659/#post-10387111

Tuning period: January 17th - January 31st.
No tunes will be allowed after the 31st unless prior arrangements are made.

Last edited:

The Duel Tuners
Tuner #1 - RX-8 Tune - @shaunm80
Guessed by @DaBomm4

Tuner #2 - S2000 Tune - @Ridox2JZGTE
Guessed by @DolHaus

Tuner #3 - RX-8 Tune - DrEmmettBrown/@Motor City Hami
Revealed by Motor City Hami

Tuner #4 - RX-8 Tune - Bowtie-muscle
Guessed by @DaBomm4

Tuner #5 - S2000 Tune - @brian wolf
Guessed by @DaBomm4

Tuner #6 - RX-8 Tune - @Gino Caberlin
Guessed by @nijalninja

Tuner #7 - RX-8 Tune - @xande1959
Guessed by @Lionheart2113

Tuner #8 - S2000 Tune - @DaBomm4
Revealed by DaBomm4 with his guesses

Tuner #9 - RX-8 Tune - @ImToLegitToQuit
Guessed by @Lionheart2113 and @biffa3

Tuner #10 - RX-8 Tune - @praiano63
Guessed by @TurnLeft

Tuner #11 - S2000 Tune - @krenkme :dopey:

The Unknown Tuner - @krenkme Correctly guessed by @biffa3

IF you are testing, PLEASE read this post before building the tunes. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-testers-welcome.322659/page-12#post-10432202
Thank you!

This Challenge started with the idea of blind testing, already done in GT5, but without car sharing. Added a few changes and away we went. Originally, I had two classes but did not like the second, so I enlisted @DolHaus who I remembered had a GT300 class ready to go. In the end, I believe all went rather well. A few bumps int he road with the hosts but we are in different parts of the world, but we got through. Two tuners revealed themselves early, but one had already been guessed. The other was a surprise guest, the return of our friend Motor City Hami. We had an Unknown Tuner join the fun as well, his tune was not guessed correctly but he was. And my tune went by also without being guessed. A really fun challenge with very very close results, both lap Time and DC.

Again, special thanks to @DolHaus for co-hosting, and @Otaliema for scoring.
And a big thank you to all how participated and made this fun!

Lap Time Average:

Tuner #4 - 1:10.922 @Bowtie-muscle
Tuner #10 (@praiano63 ) - 1:10.938 (+0.016)
Tuner #7 (@xande1959 ) - 1:11.045 (+0.123)

Honorable Mention:

Tuner #9 (@ImToLegitToQuit ) - 1:11.154 (+0.232)
Tuner #3 (@Motor City Hami ) - 1:11.173 (+0.251)
Tuner #6 (@Gino Caberlin ) - 1:11.205 (+0.283)
Tuner #1 (@shaunm80 ) - 1:11.225 (+0.303)

Fastest Lap set by @macdog54 in Tuner #1(@shaunm80) 1:10.018

DC:

Tuner #4 - 8.78 @Bowtie-muscle
Tuner #7 (@xande1959) - 8.73
Tuner #3 (@Motor City Hami ) - 8.63
Tuner #9 (@ImToLegitToQuit ) - 8.63

Honorable Mention:

Tuner # 6 (@Gino Caberlin ) - 8.59
Tuner #10 (@praiano63 ) - 8.43

Last edited:
Car:
Paint:
Rims:

PP:
HP:
WEIGHT:
WEIGHT DIST:
TIRE(S):

GT Auto:
Oil Change - Not Allowed
Rigidity Improvement - Not Allowed
Front Aero - Not Allowed
Wing - Not Allowed
Flat Floor - Not Allowed

SUSPENSION: (TYPE)
RIDE HEIGHT -
SPRINGS -
COMP -
EXT -
ARB -
CAMBER -
TOE -
BRAKES: (TYPE)
BRAKES -

TRANS: Full Custom (install all power upgrades first!)
FINAL TO
-
TOP SPEED TO -
1ST -
2ND -
3RD -
4TH -
5TH -
6TH -
FINAL -

LSD: Full Custom
INITIAL -
ACCEL -
DECEL -

CLUTCH TYPE:
CARBON SHAFT:
TORQUE CENTERING DIFF:

POWER PARTS:
ENGINE TUNING - Standard
COMPUTER - Standard
EXHAUST - Standard
MANIFOLD - Standard
CATALYTIC CONVERTER - Standard
INTAKE TUNING - Standard
SUPERCHARGER/TURBO -
POWER LIMITER -

WEIGHT REDUCTION -
CARBON HOOD - Standard
WINDOW WEIGHT - Standard

BALLAST -
DOWNFORCE -

NOTE:

Last edited:
Please keep in mind that DolHaus and I are 5 hours apart, on different continents! We do have a large task ahead of us, if anyone would be willing, we really could use some help with the scoring.

c2 tune / c1 test

When its time, how would you guys like the testing results to be formated? what besides lap time will be needed, ect?
This is an example review from the last challenge, it should give you the gist of what to do 👍
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ty-hami-otaliema.319066/page-26#post-10286787

Lap time should be fairly self explanatory (mandatory)
Drivers Choice (DC) is a 0-10 score based on how much you enjoyed the car, (mandatory)
The review isn't mandatory but a bit of feedback on your experience while testing is always welcome, it can be as long or short as you like and written however you please 👍

- My friends would not fairer, even if the tuner to test your car and vice versa, had a discard the worst result for everyone would have a discard in the final pontucao. I do not know but use spreadsheets and an idea.💡:cheers::odd:

tuner in class 1 and class 2
tester in class 1, not would test my car. is it possible:odd:👍
Unfortunately you won't be able to enter a class as a tuner and tester, when testing you have to test every car in the class otherwise it can mess up the averages and we don't want anyone testing their own car.

Your options are:-

Enter both categories as a tuner and not test either class
Or
Enter one class as a tuner and enter the other class as a tester

👍

for instance;
Car-3 DC-4 ave.lap= xx.xx.xxx
Review: Car 3 was built with lego's. you feel like its going to fall apart every time you go over 20mph. I reccomend that not only the tuner of car-3 not be allowed to tune anymore, but that his tune be banned as I think everyone who drives it will leave a little bit less intelligent then before the test.
Other then that, LOVED the paint job. Excellent choice of colors. ^^

So something like that for each car tested?

for instance;
Review: Car 3 was built with lego's. you feel like its going to fall apart every time you go over 20mph. I reccomend that not only the tuner of car-3 not be allowed to tune anymore, but that his tune be banned as I think everyone who drives it will leave a little bit less intelligent then before the test.

Something like that, maybe just a bit softer.......don't want to hurt the little guys feelings now do we?:sly:

for instance;

Try the compliment sandwich technique:-

"I liked the paint job very much, the colours really highlighted the cars fiery temperament. This said, the build quality was so bad that the car became dangerously unstable above 20mph and I couldn't possibly recommend this to anyone else. Thanks to this car I will be definitely be a much healthier individual and my doctors are singing the cars praises due to the fact that I would now rather walk everywhere rather than risk driving anything like that ever again" :lol:

Unfortunately you won't be able to enter a class as a tuner and tester, when testing you have to test every car in the class otherwise it can mess up the averages and we don't want anyone testing their own car.

Your options are:-

Enter both categories as a tuner and not test either class
Or
Enter one class as a tuner and enter the other class as a tester

- chosen as the tuner

Back