Absolute Drift Follow-Up "art of rally" Arrives September 23

• Thread starter Slapped
  • 187 comments
It feels amazing once you learn how to handle each car though!
I'm hoping that "art of rally" tweaks the low speed handling as it always felt over sensitive to me but it was still heaps of fun and I'm looking forward to the full release
Oh yea for sure. Its satisfying when you start picking it up.

It has synthwave! Synthwave and drifting are a match made in heaven.

I'm still waiting for my ultimate synthwave driving game. Something like Outrun 2006 but with a deeper drifting mechanic, the most beautiful synthwave visuals and audio possible, and a endless road with a full day/night cycle.

It's not too much to ask is it? :P

There's Power Drive 2000, but it's stuck in development hell unfortunately :(

I recently played Absolute Drift (on PS4) and had a ton of fun, even though it was very difficult to get the hang of. I feel like I would enjoy this more even though it honestly looks just as difficult as the drift game. Hoping for a console release.

New Group S cars trailer released:

Car list for Group S:
- das eibenhammer (Audi Sport Quattro Gruppe S)
- the rotary s7 (Mazda RX7S)
- the umibozu (Toyota 222D)
- il gorilla e1 (Lancia ECV1)
- le 504 (Peugeot 405 T16)
- il gorilla e2 (Lancia ECV2)
- das superbaus (Opel Kadett E 4S)
- the t22 (Lada EVA S-Proto)

*Edit
Launch trailer released too:

Last edited:
This game would make a great screenshot generator :D
full

Haven't played a rally game in a while so I'm pretty bad at this :lol: The times to beat on the normal AI difficulty in the career are pretty forgiving though. Probably go back to free-roam levels for a bit and just enjoy the music while I try to get better at driving.

The more I play it, the more it feels like Dirt Rally game stripped to its core functionalities. It is such a joy to play and the cars feel so light and playful - it almost reminds me of Beam.NG.
full

full

There are also other little I appreciate such as the cheering when you unlock a new car and the reminder to service your car at service stations. The little details are so well thought out! :cool:

The handling in this game is - frankly - sublime. Honestly, I am blown away. I didn’t like Funselektor’s first game, this feels like a genuine gem of an arcade racer with the underbelly of simulation underneath to a certain degree. I was absolutely not interested right up until I purchased it, top down racers don’t tend to do it for me outside of the king (Micro Machines). art of rally very much does, and with spectacle too.
D028F91A-A3B8-461D-ABD1-57615A31CBB3.jpeg
3CAA1B3B-D760-4745-9361-FB2ADAB581D5.jpeg
C4AD7FFE-8BE0-4A5C-9B50-524D3EB8C3A9.jpeg

The game is a lot of fun. And I agree with @Brend and others who have put forth similar observations regarding the handling model: it's not "arcade". To me it feels a bit like Milestone's Gravel: simple but intuitive, fun and believable. The game smacks of an odd (yet successful) mix of fantasy and reality.

First game I've got on my PC* for ages, and it really is a lot of fun. I'm playing it on low settings and it still looks great. The humour in the reasons why the "AI" retired is a hoot too, as I've seen "pigeon in cockpit" and "hungover" given as reasons.

* It is just above the minimum requirements.

Back