Absolute Drift Follow-Up "art of rally" Arrives September 23

• Thread starter Slapped
  • 187 comments
Got a set of shots in various lighting conditions, still looks pretty in all of them :D
full

full

full

I love this game so much. Really, really hope we get some more cars in the future too, as I can't see them being terribly difficult to implement.

Had a thought with some friends the other night of how great using this base would be to make a rallycross game as well.

The only thing I'm having difficulties with is the twitchiness of the steering at high speed on my controller. Every input on the stick is full lock either way. Once you start trying to go in a straight line at speed you yeet yourself into the scenery.

Something I haven't 100% been able to figure out yet - are the free roam areas made up of all the areas the stages encompass or are they their own things?

Ones like Japan and Sardinia seem to be but then you look at like, Germany and it doesn't seem to have enough roads.

These photomode shots have me in love with the art style, but it's just too bad we can't play the game at that POV.

Been having a ton of fun with this game. According to the leaderboards, I'm not very good :lol:, but it's just so relaxing.

The only thing I'm having difficulties with is the twitchiness of the steering at high speed on my controller. Every input on the stick is full lock either way. Once you start trying to go in a straight line at speed you yeet yourself into the scenery.

Have you tried fiddling with the settings at all, particularly the one that affects the magnitude of corrective steering inputs? Might help tame things a little. I also found that some cameras make it easier for me to control the car than others do. If I'm more behind the car rather than above it, I seem to be less likely to spin.

Have you tried fiddling with the settings at all, particularly the one that affects the magnitude of corrective steering inputs? Might help tame things a little. I also found that some cameras make it easier for me to control the car than others do. If I'm more behind the car rather than above it, I seem to be less likely to spin.
Yeah, I've got it as low as it goes.

It's the fact my controllers analog sticks act like digital inputs so for every little tap of the stick it puts in full lock lmao

Apparently there was an update today that should speed up the AI a bit, I haven't tried it yet but I'm glad as even on master difficulty I was winning every championship in the career first try. That really shouldn't happen on the highest difficulty in my opinion. Also has anyone else found the AI to be weirdly slow any time rain shows up?

Also found this guy on the leaderboards today, I think he's some internet person or something. :sly:
20201002204519_1.jpg

Apparently there was an update today that should speed up the AI a bit, I haven't tried it yet but I'm glad as even on master difficulty I was winning every championship in the career first try. That really shouldn't happen on the highest difficulty in my opinion. Also has anyone else found the AI to be weirdly slow any time rain shows up?

Also found this guy on the leaderboards today, I think he's some internet person or something. :sly:
View attachment 962201
I was planning last night and the AI is certainly quicker.

I was planning last night and the AI is certainly quicker.

Yep, the AI has been buffed for normal, skilled and master difficulty levels. Here are the full patch notes:

Fri, October 2
Game Update

Hey Everyone!

It's been a week since launch and it's been exciting seeing everyone's reaction to the game. Thanks for all of the bug reports and feedback. This new build is live now. We do have more bugs, tweaks and features we need to get to, so there will be more updates in the future!

Features
  • added the ability to play the previous song and next song in the playlist when in the menus (currently triggered with shoulder buttons on controller, tab on keyboard).
  • updated AI times
  • AI difficulty on normal, skilled and master increased
  • norway can be played in the Group 2 rallies in career now
  • added dither to edge of grass rendering
  • vegetation cutout shader is now toggleable in advanced graphics settings

Improvements
  • resolution should (when on auto) now preserve native ratio.
  • FXAA anti-aliasing uses the alpha channel now so it'll be even faster.
  • high and Highest quality settings use FXAA instead of SMAA anti-aliasing by default
  • increased downsampling on Distance Blur
  • lowered Bloom diffusion value so it's faster
  • changed AO type to deferred from camera-space
  • renamed the counter steer factor percentages to be from 80%-280% which 100% being no change in countersteer speed
  • reduced terminal damage speed threshold by 6.66%
  • Improved Vegetation rendering

Fixes
  • sardinia 5 fences had the car cutout shader
  • photo mode saturation in Norway during Snow & Night wasn't working
  • fixed slower framerate on foggy stages
  • fixed a bug where skipping the intro to career mode text too quickly could lead to a crash
  • fixed initial auto settings not setting resolution correctly.
  • fixed bouncy haybales on Sardinia 6
  • removed achievement checking performance hit when going really fast
  • fixed incorrect livery bug
  • livery selection is now saved correctly in custom rallies

And if you've enjoyed the game so far it would be great if you can leave a review on Steam!

Just watched Jimmy Broadbents stream and I am totally in love with this game. I will pick it up day 1 if it gets ported to PS4.

But... As a Fulvia Coupe owner, I am somewhat heartbroken my car is not in the game. Heck, there is even a fake Sandro Munari for crying out loud! :indiff:

What does getting all the collectibles get you? I assume it unlocks something.

The only think they added is Steam trading cards in the last patch, there are some fixes to the game. I haven't touch the game for awhile, after the first patch I got a lot of stuttering with it.

Think I might just give in and get this on my computer since console releases are a ways away (if at all). Looks too good.

Latest Posts

Back