43388433_2755611384465162_6121908772966236160_o.jpg

43390247_2755611227798511_9084580572411461632_o.jpg

43549907_2755611224465178_9219041842237014016_o.jpg

43567168_2755611377798496_8668352547271999488_o.jpg

43514711_2755611334465167_3077316322095267840_o.jpg

43405776_2755611461131821_6514863336696315904_o.jpg

TOMORROW!

And it would come out when I have to go to work and, not on a day off. :(

Hopefully it updates without me needing to do anything. I'm still all thumbs when it comes to PC gaming.

I'll tell you what though. Even the flat shaded Bentley looks good!

And Holy Point Clouds Batman! If they mess any bit of that track up, then someone needs to be fired. It almost looks like someone just took a photograph of Misano.

Last edited:
When Build 2 launches later i will do first some laps in the Lambo on Nürburgring to get a better impression of the technical improvements over Build 1.
Maybe even in different conditions too. Then will be jumping in the Bentley on Misano.

Funny thing.

A few minutes ago, I started Steam and suddenly saw that something was downloading. I tried to stop it because I didn't click on any download button.
I looked at the windows date on my monitor and suddenly remembered that it has to be ACC updating to build 2. :lol:

I dont know if my PC is going to be serviceable when I get home. I just got an update from Microsoft. From what I understand, the latest update was deleting files a week ago. I hope this one that I got (forced to take) has been fixed. :nervous:

T500rs -
Control panel - from default raise forces to 80% and lower damping to 30%
In game - gain 70%, damping 30%, road feel 100%.

I have to say, in 1 month they completely changed the feel of the ffb. Road feel, curb feel, both feel wayyyyyyy better. Oversteer is much more talkative also. The Bentley really feels alive

I played after the Update for 5 hours straight and am very very satisfyed with what they've come up between the Builds. Every aspect of the game got improved (although i read that some people experience a bit more stutter). I am absolutely loving it, it's addictive to play it. I put more hours in ACC by now (30h) than in FH4 which cost me double the price :)

I played after the Update for 5 hours straight and am very very satisfyed with what they've come up between the Builds. Every aspect of the game got improved (although i read that some people experience a bit more stutter). I am absolutely loving it, it's addictive to play it. I put more hours in ACC by now (30h) than in FH4 which cost me double the price :)

Its just a question of taste... choosing between an arcade racing game or a real racing simulator...

Its just a question of taste... choosing between an arcade racing game or a real racing simulator...

nah for me, i loved fh3 and played the heck out of it and fh4 is great too, but i just think that right now at the moment i spend my time resources more on ACC as the simulator aspect gives me more joy. may change again of course. always nice to have choices.
i expected that i would play fh4 more, that's all :) but acc is just too good even with the limited content we have.

I have to get into the update a little more. Being half tired had me feeling the Bentley was exactly the same as the Hurican, except I felt a little better when braking... That cant be right. Hopefully I can get some time with the sim today. Misano seems like an easy course to get the hang of. So I'm looking forward to a deeper dive into ACC later today, if time permits.

I have to get into the update a little more. Being half tired had me feeling the Bentley was exactly the same as the Hurican, except I felt a little better when braking... That cant be right. Hopefully I can get some time with the sim today. Misano seems like an easy course to get the hang of.

interesting, i jumped into the bentley and to me it was immediatelly different. check it out again, it is not even in any way close to huracan behavior.
i agree about misano. i love it, it has a nice flow to it and especially the two fast right handers then braking for a third and into a hairpin, it's glorious

T500rs -
Control panel - from default raise forces to 80% and lower damping to 30%
In game - gain 70%, damping 30%, road feel 100%.
I've been wondering about the overall force in the Thrustmaster control panel. I think the reason for putting it at 60-70% in AC was that that gave the most linear curve, base on Wheelcheck. So I use 60% in ACC as well, and damper+spring at 0%. In-game I have gain at 65 now and experiment with different damping values.
I thought the ffb was already pretty good, but reducing the damping made it more like AC, a bit more responsive.

Haven't tested road effects. Does it only affect bumps (and/or curbs), or also understeer?

I've been wondering about the overall force in the Thrustmaster control panel. I think the reason for putting it at 60-70% in AC was that that gave the most linear curve, base on Wheelcheck. So I use 60% in ACC as well, and damper+spring at 0%. In-game I have gain at 65 now and experiment with different damping values.
I thought the ffb was already pretty good, but reducing the damping made it more like AC, a bit more responsive.

Haven't tested road effects. Does it only affect bumps (and/or curbs), or also understeer?

There's been some detailed threads in various places showing that the Wheelcheck stuff is flawed and that 60% isn't the most linear setting. Some people believe the same thing for the T300 but I read a couple posts from game devs (I think Stefano may have been one of them) saying to always put the control panel gain at 100% and then use the in-game gain to adjust to taste. I used to keep my T300 at 75-80% in the control panel but after reading that stuff I put it at 100% and I'm happy with it there. Not a huge difference one way or the other but at least by leaving it at 100% it's one less variable to worry about.

RE: damping, not sure if ACC works the same way but in AC (and some other games) the in-game setting is a percentage of of your control panel damping setting. So if you have it set to 30 in the control panel and 30 in-game then you're only getting about 10% damping. Generally better to set it to 100% in the control panel and then just use the in-game slider to adjust to taste (0% in-game being no damping, 100% being full damping).

There's been some detailed threads in various places showing that the Wheelcheck stuff is flawed and that 60% isn't the most linear setting. Some people believe the same thing for the T300 but I read a couple posts from game devs (I think Stefano may have been one of them) saying to always put the control panel gain at 100% and then use the in-game gain to adjust to taste. I used to keep my T300 at 75-80% in the control panel but after reading that stuff I put it at 100% and I'm happy with it there. Not a huge difference one way or the other but at least by leaving it at 100% it's one less variable to worry about.

RE: damping, not sure if ACC works the same way but in AC (and some other games) the in-game setting is a percentage of of your control panel damping setting. So if you have it set to 30 in the control panel and 30 in-game then you're only getting about 10% damping. Generally better to set it to 100% in the control panel and then just use the in-game slider to adjust to taste (0% in-game being no damping, 100% being full damping).

What does damping do ie. Why would you want it anything other than 0%

What does damping do ie. Why would you want it anything other than 0%

Typically it adds a little weight to the wheel and slows down its rotation slightly, it can also smooth out spikey FFB a bit I believe. I sometimes like a bit of damping because IMO it just makes the wheel feel a little more like what I experience in my real car, adds a little weight and resistance to it. I've seen people say ACC has a bit more damping than AC did but I think they're some kind of "dynamic damping" slider in the settings where you can adjust that.

Typically it adds a little weight to the wheel and slows down its rotation slightly, it can also smooth out spikey FFB a bit I believe. I sometimes like a bit of damping because IMO it just makes the wheel feel a little more like what I experience in my real car, adds a little weight and resistance to it. I've seen people say ACC has a bit more damping than AC did but I think they're some kind of "dynamic damping" slider in the settings where you can adjust that.

Ahh thanks for that - I'll have a play with the slider in ACC but suspect I'll want it low/zero

Ahh thanks for that - I'll have a play with the slider in ACC but suspect I'll want it low/zero

I think most people prefer that. I usually only add a bit of damping when I'm not quite pleased with how the FFB feels and it's kind of a last ditch effort.

Because I haven't seen them posted anywhere yet, here are all the patch notes, courtesy of the official site:

– Fixed “No VR no buy”
– New first-gen Bentley Continental GT3
– New Misano Circuit
– Aero: Non circulatory lift implemented
– Setup UI and logic changes to accomodate a big number of damper clicks
– Hotlap has fixed fuel load (10L). Also fuel load slider is not available in UI in hotlap sessions
– Bumpstop telemetry graphs in setup mechanical balance screen
– Fixes and fine tuning in setup aero screen
– Decimal numbers in front aero variation values
– Code for realistic (displayed) brake bias values
– Brake bias variation now possible in decimal numbers
– Fine tuning on preset setups
– Setup name now shown on top screen title
– Setup name adds an asterisk when user changes setup values, indicating saving is needed.
– UI warning when users tries to load a different setup, or a preset, indicating that you might lose your setup changes if any
– Setup protection against out of limits values
– Setup Input/Output filtering for car and circuit
– Setup navigation fixes
– Fine tuning of Huracan suspension geometry and dampers
– Fine tuning of tyre model camber gain, IMO heat range, and more
– FFB option screen new sliders: dynamic damper, road effects
– controls.json extra FFB values. minDamper, damperGain
– Stability control is now using different logic
– Reworked driver steering animation
– Adjusted safety net position in the Lamborghini Huracán GT3
– Added driver assets for the teams featured
– Adjusted water spray effects in the night
– Nurburgring fixes and improvements
– Added HUD option for speed unit toggle
– Added timetables to pause menu & post-session
– Added sharpness option to video settings
– Added pitch angle adjustment to camera settings
– Added Save, Cancel, Defaults and Quit buttons to camera settings
– Proximity indicator toggle in HUD options
– Added Sprint Race Weekend and Hotlap Superpole in Game Mode options
– Track selection page navigation fixes
– Fixed bug when loading the last gamemode settings
– Added auto engine start
– Added auto pitlimiter
– Fixed Pitlimiter issue with pitlimiter lights on toggle
– Added multiple starting lights logic
– Added pitstop logic (basic) for humam and AI
– Added Sprint race weekend system
– Practice and Qualify Overtime has a max time of 3 minutes
– Controller page: Starter, Look functions and Shift can’t be set as advanced
– Fixed engine forced shut off when return on track after setup changes
– Fixed wrong weather key on json
– Fixed weather selection on UI not reset after a special event
– Added New camera sequence for Full formation lap
– Tweaked Marshal system to avoid false spline recognition
– Added logic for flags when in entry and exit lane (slower speed are allowed without raising any flag)
– Reworked steer scale/steer inverted control options
– Removed confusing ghost car time references in the gui
– Added base version of end session highlights
– Fixed music still on after cliking drive or restarting
– Audio engine optimizations
– Added superpole/pitwindow/hotstint event spotter
– Fixed double engine start inside the reverb zone
– Minor tweaks for tyres scrub sound on dry and wet conditions
– Fixed clicks in particular camera switches
– Fixed pit alarm sound for Nurburgring
– Minor tweaks for crowd and track speakers distance attenuation
– Fixed announcer voice stops after some minutes
– Fixed bodywork noise entering the setup page
– Removed the possibility to change lights/wiper stage in the replay
– Fixed mirror visibility in the replay
– Added current session time, car lap time, valid lap and fuel for replay
– Slow Motion now affects the entire world
– Fixed slow motion pause state for replay hud
– Stability control is now less performant with steering wheel to avoid being used as illegal aid

👍

Lovin the more detailed FFB options. I have my gain set at 80, and everything else zero (using T-GT). It's night and day how removing the damper reveals the true brilliance of the physics engine. I wasn't sure before if ACC is a step forward from AC, but now I can wholeheartedly say it is. The feeling of weight transfer and how the car rotates under trail braking is so much more defined than AC. The corner at Misano before the backstraight is great to demonstrate this.

My wish for the next update is to add a bumper cam. I know it's removed not for realism reasons, because we still have a bloody chase cam. When I'm driving the Bentley in hood view the white hood completely renders the tacho invisible! You can shift by ear after you get used to it, but it's still a huge design oversight.

Back