AC Competizione Early Access Build 2 - Now Available

You can shift by ear after you get used to it, but it's still a huge design oversight.

I shift when i see that it starts blinking in the bottom right corner in my screen. Never look at it, but the blinking is enough for me to know (also at some point, yeah, you get used to shifting by ear, i think most racing drivers do anyways, don't think they stare on these rev-lights

Lovin the more detailed FFB options. I have my gain set at 80, and everything else zero (using T-GT). It's night and day how removing the damper reveals the true brilliance of the physics engine. I wasn't sure before if ACC is a step forward from AC, but now I can wholeheartedly say it is. The feeling of weight transfer and how the car rotates under trail braking is so much more defined than AC. The corner at Misano before the backstraight is great to demonstrate this.

My wish for the next update is to add a bumper cam. I know it's removed not for realism reasons, because we still have a bloody chase cam. When I'm driving the Bentley in hood view the white hood completely renders the tacho invisible! You can shift by ear after you get used to it, but it's still a huge design oversight.
Gamermuscle noted the same thing.

How do you change/work on/alter the numbers in the top right? Since the update I haven't been able to go up or down in anything, and the green corner box thing is gone. It just says pc, tr, and cc

How do you change/work on/alter the numbers in the top right? Since the update I haven't been able to go up or down in anything, and the green corner box thing is gone. It just says pc, tr, and cc

It's not supposed to go up or down quickly. Once you fulfill the baseline requirements for each (Track Competency, Consistency and Car Control), you move on to Pace. Unlike GT Sport's flawed system that's very easy to game, the AC system takes into account your driving over many many laps so small off track excursions here and there won't affect it as much. If you drive hundreds of laps well and demonstrate a consistent improvement, then it might improve. Otherwise it is what it is for your skill level. Just ignore it and keep enjoying the driving. The numbers will go up as you improve naturally.

In one of the option screens (HUD I believe) you can set which category to display. Default is set to Auto and will show the latest category you've unlocked.

More details here:
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...tem-part-i-we-want-to-help-you-improve.50766/

Back