Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,091 comments
@Fanapryde do you have a badge for CM for @ELEMENT1999 ?
TY
Nope,
I'll fix something...

Quick and dirty (will upload later on RD)

ELEMENT.png

{
"name": "Element1999",
"authorFilter": "Element1999",
"icon": "ELEMENT.png"
},

Last edited:
problem is

When displaying the PersonalBest app, "Time attack setter" displayed by itself.
is this OK? I'm not good at English...

By the way If disable CSP, app and reinstall, I think result will not change
because old app settings don't disappear from ini file(acos.ini, python.ini).
I remember had hard time at another app.
It happens very rarely when adding app.
(At that time, I deleted not exist app "ACNOTIFY" from python.ini and fixed it.)
corrections can't found on the app side for now.
I think CSP is no problem too.

sorry I can't found clear answer.

Yea, its unusual problem?
I download personalbest 1.4.2
Files: apps/python/PersonalBest
Check tick box in CM (activated apps)
Launch game...? Unable to find or enable "PersonalBest" app?
Not in side bar, not in menu?

Once i install app, how to enable?

Here's a fictional Group A tune I made for fun using the Mitsubishi Starion Race by Nabaoui.

Included in this file is a Data folder. To install, simply duplicate Nabaoui's Starion, delete the data.acd file and paste the Data folder from the zip file into the duplicated car's folder.

Screenshot_mitsubishi_starion_race_gra_doningtonpark2018_18-2-120-17-27-32.jpg

This tune features an engine swap with the Sierra Cosworth RS500 Group A from Chong's 4-pack which can be downloaded from Assettoland (sound is the same as the base Starion). The weight of the car has been brought up to 1200kg from the base car's 1125kg to offset the addition of 4WD. I thought it would be fun to get a 4WD Group A car that wasn't absolutely ridiculous like the Nissan GT-R from Bathurst. It's a Mitsubishi too so 4WD felt right.

The car is competitive with the Sierra Cosworth RS500 Group A from Chong and the Kunos M3 Group A. It can lap Oulton Park 2018 within tenths of the Sierra at AI level 90 and 90% aggression.

Subjectively, the car feels a whole lot more stable and easier to drive compared to the base Starion Race, thanks to the increased weight and 4WD. Perhaps a bit too stable? The extra power gives it good punch on the straights to keep up with the Cossie.

List of changes:
- 4WD
- Sierra RS500 Engine Swap (However, base Starion sound.)
- Weight increased to 1200kg
- Horsepower increased to 395 bhp

Things to do in Content Manager after installation:
- Make it a child of the base Starion if you wish
- Change the UI to reflect the tune's changes. (name, performance, tags etc...)
- Pack the data folder again

Links to both the Sierra RS500 and Starion Race on Assettoland if you don't have them, Credit to Nabaoui and Chong for the original mods:
https://assettoland.wixsite.com/assettoland/ford
https://assettoland.wixsite.com/assettoland/mitsubishi

Again, I am not a modding team and I did this for fun. I think the Starion is a fun car to drive with this level of weight, power and the addition of two more driving wheels. At the very least, I think this tune makes Nabaoui's Starion good grid filler for GR.A races.

This is the first thing I've posted like this on the internet, so feel free to try it out and tell me how bad it is! ;) In all seriousness, there's plenty of stuff I could probably still change that would improve this tune.

Screenshot_mitsubishi_starion_race_gra_doningtonpark2018_18-2-120-17-27-53.jpg

Last edited:
ok so no matter what version of CSP I'm using, what weather setting I have and what car/track combo I have. AC keeps loading into the in-game pit menu area and then crashes a few seconds later
so for example I'm trying to do McLaren F1 GTR at Mugello, I can see the door open and hear then engine and all of a sudden game crashes, anyone know how to fix this issue?

I did notice that the distance markers didn't cast any shadows. Is this why?

I checked it.
Object has cast shadow setting turn on (CAST_SHADOWS=1)
but distance marker is AC_POBJECT.
so appearance may change depending on the CSP settings.
but sorry I am not familiar with it...
acs 2020-02-19 0.jpg

Here's a fictional Group A tune I made for fun using the Mitsubishi Starion Race by Nabaoui.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15eFlltERiaKYP8GlZ7q81XGQkosTjRWB?ths=true

Included in this file is a Data folder. To install, simply duplicate Nabaoui's Starion, delete the data.acd file and paste the Data folder from the zip file into the duplicated car's folder.

View attachment 892256

This tune features an engine swap with the Sierra Cosworth RS500 Group A from Chong's 4-pack which can be downloaded from Assettoland (sound is the same as the base Starion). The weight of the car has been brought up to 1200kg from the base car's 1125kg to offset the addition of 4WD. I thought it would be fun to get a 4WD Group A car that wasn't absolutely ridiculous like the Nissan GT-R from Bathurst. It's a Mitsubishi too so 4WD felt right.

The car is competitive with the Sierra Cosworth RS500 Group A from Chong and the Kunos M3 Group A. It can lap Oulton Park 2018 within tenths of the Sierra at AI level 90 and 90% aggression.

Subjectively, the car feels a whole lot more stable and easier to drive compared to the base Starion Race, thanks to the increased weight and 4WD. Perhaps a bit too stable? The extra power gives it good punch on the straights to keep up with the Cossie.

List of changes:
- 4WD

Links to both the Sierra RS500 and Starion Race on Assettoland if you don't have them, Credit to Nabaoui and Chong for the original mods:

Again, I am not a modding team and I did this for fun. I think the Starion is a fun car to drive with this level of weight, power and the addition of two more driving wheels. At the very least, I think this tune makes Nabaoui's Starion good grid filler for GR.A races.

This is the first thing I've posted like this on the internet, so feel free to try it out and tell me how bad it is! ;) In all seriousness, there's plenty of stuff I could probably still change that would improve this tune.

View attachment 892255

Love the idea of this..but says i need permission to download?

Yesterday somebody did request the Palm Beach International Raceway on Facebook (Assetto Corsa Mod Central 24/7). As response another guy posted the track for download:

Maybe some of you also want that track. Unfortunately the track has no AI line.

Yesterday somebody did request the Palm Beach International Raceway on Facebook (Assetto Corsa Mod Central 24/7). As response another guy posted the track for download:

Maybe some of you also want that track. Unfortunately the track has no AI line.

I'll be glad to check that out and make an AI line and track limits if needed, but I'm right in the middle of Day 1 of F1 Testing, so I'll take a look later this afternoon.

Edit: From the looks of the track map, it's going to need track limits, won't know exactly until I make an AI line.

Last edited:
I rewrote a little just in case.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/d8tu866wv33pt5c/PersonalBest143.7z/file

Other way is
I could only come up with a way to edit the ini directly.
View attachment 892303

I am confused?
App is install correctly.
App is working (audio sound when setting fast laps and sectors working)
Debug shows app is running.

App does not show in Ac menus/?
Maybe dependency missing?
Maybe can apply hotkey to open app?

Does anyone else test this app, or am i only tester?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15eFlltERiaKYP8GlZ7q81XGQkosTjRWB?ths=true

View attachment 892256

List of changes:
- 4WD

View attachment 892255

I like this one, looking good. Never seen that car before in AC so is it good in terms of modding? I will definitely give it a spin later this evening.

I am confused?
App is install correctly.
App is working (audio sound when setting fast laps and sectors working)
Debug shows app is running.

App does not show in Ac menus/?
Maybe dependency missing?
Maybe can apply hotkey to open app?

Does anyone else test this app, or am i only tester?

App is working great for me. Can't really think why yours doesn't work, do you have it activated and turned on in CM?

App is working great for me. Can't really think why yours doesn't work, do you have it activated and turned on in CM?

Hello, App is activate in CM (tick).
Python show app to be active and working (sound effects when set fastest lap) pic above show dev tool reporting app.

App installed, working, tracking lap and time and data (sounds for fastest lap) but not showing on screen or in sidebar?

Must be a dependence i do not have, do you have other apps installed, i have test 10 other app today and all work perfect? I test F1 OSD / GT OSD / CamTool2 / SimHub / G / Chat / etc i enable and disable and they work?

This app work, but no showing?

Hello, App is activate in CM (tick).
Python show app to be active and working (sound effects when set fastest lap) pic above show dev tool reporting app.

App installed, working, tracking lap and time and data (sounds for fastest lap) but not showing on screen or in sidebar?

Must be a dependence i do not have, do you have other apps installed, i have test 10 other app today and all work perfect? I test F1 OSD / GT OSD / CamTool2 / SimHub / G / Chat / etc i enable and disable and they work?

This app work, but no showing?

Double check that in CM>Settings>Apps>Personal Best you have it ticked.

Then double check that it is ticked and activated in CM>Settings>Assetto Corsa>Apps then make sure you have it visible on your in game desktop(s) with ticks there on the right.

Failing this I have no other ideas, sorry.

View attachment 892256

List of changes:
- 4WD

View attachment 892255

As @safi hellie said can you unlock your Google Drive so we can download this. Was quite looking forward to trying your 4wd Starion RS500 out last night lol

Double check that in CM>Settings>Apps>Personal Best you have it ticked.

Then double check that it is ticked and activated in CM>Settings>Assetto Corsa>Apps then make sure you have it visible on your in game desktop(s) with ticks there on the right.

Failing this I have no other ideas, sorry.

I fix the problem!

This app (PersonalBest) is NO compatible with HeliCorsa!

If you enable HeliCorsa in CM and in game it stop (PersonalBest) from loading.
Remove HeliCorsa and now (PersonalBest) app work!

Close game.
Enable HeliCorsa again and it block (PersonalBest) from loading again!

So compatibility issue between (PersonalBest) and (HeliCorsa) they can NOT be use together!

Hope this help others who suffer from isuse.

Have you checked your error.txt and CM logs?

Tried uninstalling CSP and Sol?

Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs: errors.txt

AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Logs
Checked those and I don't know where to start looking in CM Log and the AC log is just a bunch of scrambled text

I fix the problem!

This app (PersonalBest) is NO compatible with HeliCorsa!

If you enable HeliCorsa in CM and in game it stop (PersonalBest) from loading.
Remove HeliCorsa and now (PersonalBest) app work!

Close game.
Enable HeliCorsa again and it block (PersonalBest) from loading again!

So compatibility issue between (PersonalBest) and (HeliCorsa) they can NOT be use together!

Hope this help others who suffer from isuse.

Great that you have got it working! Although I have HeliCorsa and PersonalBest working fine alongside each other 👍

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back